Mercury Retrograde

Aj007uk

Hi All - I'm new here and need some advice.
I was head hunted by an agency to go for a job interview before pre-shadow Mercury retrograde 24th March 2017 and the interview during the Pre-shadow period last week. They want a second interview this week during the pre-shadow period it's not retrograde yet and I accepted the initial interview before any shadow period. Is it ok to continue, also if offered do I review the offer for a few weeks but say I'm happy etc.

Also I would like to view properties to purchase however to grasp onto a good property and not lose out.... can I put an offer in? what if it gets accepted etc I'm not signing anything either.....Could I get my Wife to put the offers in as she is not a Gemini, she is a sag

Please help Guys....

Osamenor

Staff member
I have limited experience working around Mercury retrogrades (it wasn't in my consciousness until the last couple years), so maybe other, more experienced astrologers will have more to say, but here's my thought:

A job interview is not a contract, and the second interview might not be anything close to the final decision. Most people who pay attention to astrology don't sign contracts during Mercury retrograde, but that doesn't mean they don't consider anything they might end up signing a contract for. Mercury retrograde is a good time to make those considerations, in fact. It's a good time for thinking things over, looking into options, and doing the behind the scenes work.

During the last Mercury retrograde, it was decided, through discussion among a few people, that this forum needed at least one more moderator. I was asked if I would be one. Tim (wilsontc) didn't want to start me as a moderator during Mercury retrograde, so what we did was wait for Mercury to go direct, giving me a chance to think it over before jumping into it. I became a moderator when Mercury came out of retrograde.

If this had been a real world job search, it would've been the equivalent of interviewing during Mercury retrograde but not signing the contract until after. In the real world, most hiring processes move slowly, so it's not likely you'll have to sign a contract until after Mercury goes direct, even if you have the second interview early in a Mercury retrograde period. It's not even likely that you'll get an offer before Mercury goes direct, unless they're moving unusually fast with their hiring process.

Interviewing for a job isn't just about the company deciding if they want you, it's also about you deciding if you want them. If there are any fatal flaws with this company or this job, Mercury retrograde may be a very good time to discover them. It's certainly a reminder to do your due diligence before accepting any offer. It's a great time for thinking things over, which is what the interview process is for.

The process of finding a property to buy is similar. You'll probably look at several before you're even ready to make an offer. Mercury retrograde is a good reminder to check everything closely--hidden flaws may be easier to miss during that time, so attention to detail is especially important. If the property you're looking at has, say, termites or a bad case of dry rot, that's the kind of thing that Mercury retrograde might be good for exposing.

As for having your wife make the offer because she isn't a Gemini, that's flawed thinking. The people least affected by Mercury retrograde are not the non-Geminis, they're the people with natal Mercury retrograde. If your wife has Mercury retrograde in her natal chart, she won't be affected by Mercury retrograde, really. If her natal Mercury is direct, Mercury retrograde will have the same effect on her as on the majority of the population. Same goes for you.

What areas of your life are most affected by Mercury retrograde depends on which part of your chart Mercury is retrograding in and which of your natal houses are ruled by Mercury. If Mercury rules your fourth, sixth, or tenth house, or if it's retrograding in one of those houses, I would expect to see its strongest effect in your search for real estate (fourth) or your job search (tenth or sixth). If none of those houses are Mercury ruled or being transited by retrograde Mercury, it probably isn't going to have that strong an effect on that part of your life.

Your finances might be affected if Mercury rules or is transiting your second house (maybe your eighth, if you're looking to take out a loan and/or using inherited money for your real estate purchase). If that's the case, it's a good time to check your credit report, and make sure there's nothing in there that would get in the way of your purchase.

Aj007uk

Thank you so much for your wise words of advice, just seems to be so much going on I'm a Gemini and she is a Sagittarius! As you stated we are looking for a property we can put initial offers in but also would it be best to wait out until the shadow periods are over as we are currently in a pre shadow now

Osamenor

Staff member
Personally, I never paid much attention to the planetary retrogrades until last January, when Mercury retrograde was a factor in Tim's decision on making me a moderator. I tend to just do whatever I was going to do anyway. If I were house hunting right now, I would go ahead with making initial offers, should the opportunity arise, and see where it goes.

I would also be checking the properties and my finances and credit reports and all of that very thoroughly. Mercury retrograde, if approached in the right spirit, can be a house cleaning time, when you dig a little deeper than usual and, if there are any problems that could trip you up, you get a chance to uncover them before they can trip you up. Most people don't do that, and then they get blindsided when a problem they didn't think to check for comes up. That, I think, is why Mercury retrograde has such a bad rap.