progressed venus aspects

hermetic

this was a progressed chart for a time I met a guy I am in love to this day, and this was more than 2 years ago

I was reading about progressions of a venus as an indicator for a love life, so I have some questions about this.

Here, Venus was conjuncting Saturn, that is my natal 7th house ruler, and Pluto and Sun. Also sextiling Moon Mars and Neptune.
It is so weird to see such low diversity chart, with only those conjunctions and sextiles.
Can this chart be considered important in regards to finding a partner for life, since Saturn and Pluto both point to a powerfull/fated attachment?
Am I wrong to think that this person I met and fell in love with during that time can be my potential life long partner? I don't know much about progressions, but this Venus conj 7th house ruler made me think along those lines, and I wish if someone could tell me whether I am right or wrong

My current progressed chart still has Venus conjunct Saturn and Pluto, but separating from them, and will soon be squared by Moon.

Attachments

• progressed.gif
    progressed.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 71

Night Sky

Both Venus and Saturn are essentially dignified. This should be a positive progression.

Though Saturn is generally considered a malific.

The outcome may be a solid, permanent relationship because of Saturn in Libra.

Or it could also be something which just doesn't happen, causes you grief, suffering, and loss. I would favour the positive though because of the dignities.

cassanra

Wow that is pretty heavy progressions. How does it aspect your natals? One thing I have read is that to see something major manifest in life you need three or more similar themes expressing through progressions and transits and it has to reflect combinations seen in your natal. Thus does venus and pluto make an aspect in your natal. And it does for the rest. Venus alone combined with pluto can bring some major life changes, I can attest to that.

BobZemco

hermetic said:
Am I wrong to think that this person I met and fell in love with during that time can be my potential life long partner? I don't know much about progressions, but this Venus conj 7th house ruler made me think along those lines, and I wish if someone could tell me whether I am right or wrong

My current progressed chart still has Venus conjunct Saturn and Pluto, but separating from them, and will soon be squared by Moon.

You need to examine the chart against your natal chart to get an accurate reading.

Yes, Saturn rules the 7th, but then so does Uranus and when Venus conjucts Uranus in the 7th or when ruling the 7th that sometimes indicates separation or divorce.

The same is sometimes true when transiting Venus conjuncts natal Uranus ruling or in the 7th or vice versa.

You need to see which house Uranus rules in your natal chart. Your orbs are too wide too. 1° max for transits/progressions. Maybe 1°30' for the Sun or Moon if they're fast (look in an ephemeris to see -- people born in the summer at higher latitudes sometimes the Sun moves 1°01' per day instead of 58' or 59' for other people). Pluto's position is only known to an accuracy of +/- 10' of arc anyway.

hermetic

thank you everyone for your insights :)
ok, here is this progressed chart combined with my natal,
as I said it was 2 years back and nothing major happened on the outside, except that I met this person who has since grown to be big part of my life, again not so much on the outside.

Night Sky, I am aware Saturn is malefic but I thought it has more significance here since it is a natal 7th house ruler. But that last part you write how it can be about something that never happens, well... it could be except I think in this case it has to do with slow development of the case, how Saturn makes all things come slowly but surely, with growth and learning required. Or maybe I would just like this to be.

cassanra, as you see, in my natal only Venus aspect is square to Neptune, that with this progression became a sextile, much easier.
When you say Venus and Pluto bring life changes, what exactly do you mean? any interesting examples? And for this I guess, one would have some similar possibilities in the natal?

BobZemco, Uranus rules my 8th nataly and 7th in progressed. Does this equate to death and transformation themes progressed to become that of relationship? Now the progressed descendant is on the 8th house cusp :eek:
But in the progressed chart I see no aspects of Uranus :confused: in the natal there are plenty as you can see

I had no clue about orbs in progressions being only 1 degree, thanks for explaining this. :eek:

Attachments

• natal&prog.gif
    natal&prog.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 38

cassanra

My natal venus only aspects Pluto by a broad semisextile if that but in 1987 venus progressed to conjunction pluto and trine saturn. Venus rules my 7th house. Pluto and Saturn had progressed to an exact trine and natal venus contacts natal Saturn by a inconjunct. I think that those few years were difficult, very difficult. I had secured my first professional job (venus rules my 2nd and saturn rules my 10th) , I had moved in to the area with my boyfriend of five years and was living with his family while we looked for housing. We had a lot of trouble with his older sister who was hooked on prescription drugs. He finally broke it off with me and I moved into a little cabin in rural west virginia. I was very alone for the first time in my life cut off from all family and friends. I went through therapy from that conjunction as it moved off I developed new friends and eventually married someone else and had my first child it looks like when progressed venus sextiled my neptune (it natally squares my venus). I hope this helps. It helps me to look back at how progressions affected my life as it helps me to see where I might be going in the future.

4leafclovah

I have Venus/Taurus sextile Saturn/Cancer in close aspect in my progressed chart and wondered what might come of this,so I waited for the supporting transits to come along to see if anything would happen and sure enough I met a handsome older man who I am very attracted to. At the time we officially met, T.Saturn( ruler of my progressed 5th) was trining P. Venus and P. Saturn and also trining T. Jupiter(ruler of my natal 5th) in the 5th house. My SA Venus is also making an exact sextile to my natal sun and P. moon trines natal sun. So as you see a lot was going on in my chart to make this happen! I don't know if anything will come of this, all I know is that the potential came about. What does it mean if my Venus is dignified but my Saturn is in fall?

Last edited:

Glypha

I am curious to get everyone's reaction to the effect of progressed Venus conjunct natal Venus. This Venus went retrograde shortly after the birth and now by progression is direct and conjuncting natal point in Aries. Also transiting Venus is on top of both right now. Any ideas?