Why You Can't Believe in God

Mark

Rebel Uranian: Whenever you get tired of knowing nothing and denying everything as if denial is a fun game, then you'll finally set about learning something. Let me know when you have some real questions and I'll help you out as much as I can.

Mark

That's the only thing you can do until you start concerning yourself with something you can't change nor deny.

Lightrider

Exactly. As far as i remember, i have always believed there's a "God". Even if it's not the same "God" most people seem to believe in.

SapSac

I believe in a distant god, which probably gives light to my faith in astrology. I feel that whoever our creator was, be it a single entity or an abstract spasm created us and then left us to fend for our own. I don't believe in destiny or fate so much as I believe in being the best 'you' you can be.

JUPITERASC

I believe in a distant god, which probably gives light to my faith in astrology. I feel that whoever our creator was, be it a single entity or an abstract spasm created us and then left us to fend for our own. I don't believe in destiny or fate so much as I believe in being the best 'you' you can be.

When in an ideal environment a sunflower seed may only ever sprout a Sunflower which then creates its own seed, thus enabling the continuation of a cycle – however, a sunflower seed may not sprout into a giant sequoia redwood: therefore a form of 'destiny' is encapsulated within the seed :smile:

Rebel Uranian

Deism?

When in an ideal environment a sunflower seed may only ever sprout a Sunflower which then creates its own seed, thus enabling the continuation of a cycle – however, a sunflower seed may not sprout into a giant sequoia redwood: therefore a form of 'destiny' is encapsulated within the seed :smile:

Yes, but what is a sunflower and what is a redwood, or, more correctly, what is a human being?

Last edited:

Ben

Banned
Apparently, science is close to proving the existence of God - but have re-named Him The Higgs Boson Particle.:biggrin:

Mark

The One who is All includes the Higgs boson, all other materials, space and time, all yet to be discovered dimensions, and so forth. God is a lot bigger than anything you can test with a machine.

Rebel Uranian: The one thing you can know to be indubitably true is: "I am." Please check out those DesCartes links. Also, you never gave me a reason to think that the Universe is dead and random. Please give me a reason.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Actually, the Higgs Boson is just a particle.
What type of consequences?
Some scientists are of that opinion - however, unsurprisingly, not all members of the scientific community are in agreement:smile:

Actions have consequences. The consequence of an Action is dependent not only upon the Intention of the Action but also upon the Quality of the Action and so on and so forth.

Also do remember the Law of Unintended Consequences
:smile:

Rebel Uranian

@Mark you gave the links to someone else, not me, or at least not to me directly.

@JUPITERASC You defined consequences, but you didn ot tell me why they make classifiable one variety of existence different than another one.

Mark

Rebel Uranian: Yes, but you saw the links. I invite you to read some DesCartes too. You enjoy philosophy, right? "Meditations" is classic.

Seriously, please give me a reason to think that the Universe is dead and random.