Optimistic about everything except my private/romantic and sexual life

MajorTom

Hey! The reason I’m here is that lately I’ve noticed feeling myself very hopeless and sad in regards to my romantic life, which is absent.

I’m that kind of person who waits for someone very special, but she doesn’t seem to appear in my life (I hope, yet).

Interestingly, I have positive feelings concerning my career paths in future (I play/write music and do acting, and love storytelling in general), and am very keen on gaining experience and learning everything new in these fields (so far though I stay at the job which I don’t really like, but I need money :( Currently I do graphic design, which I do like in some of its forms, but not in that which I’m doing now). And those two things come so naturally; even other people have pointed that out, and I’m glad my performances can be liked by people. In short, I feel very happy about this aspect of my life; I know I need to work on it, and I gladly am/will!

But I can’t shake the feeling that I won’t be able to find someone to have a relationship with, and share my joy for the things I love (these that I’ve mentioned before for instance). It’s not that I suffer without it, or need it for “fixing” me. It’s just that I feel that I already have a lot to love to give, but there’s no one’s around to give to. I mean, maybe there are, but I need to actually love the person. Maybe it would be much easier if I was into one night stands, but I’m just not. Probably I could do it, but that’s not what I’m looking for.

I do have friends whom I love dearly (platonic love is a big thing for me too). But I really am waiting for something else.

Should I actively, like, search it? I’ve tried it, but that doesn’t seem to work, and I love meeting people in real life, organically so to say. So I’m just continuing to live my life with this feeling in the back of my mind (which becomes increasingly louder to be honest).

https://pasteboard.co/IjyHQRH.png