What is chart rectification?

muchacho

The answer, I have at last concluded, is that Dirius will accept nothing as evidence (never mind "proof") that contradicts his preconceived beliefs

Dirius, I gave you good examples. I didn't anticipate that you would misinterpret them, however.

Dirius, I put it to you in all seriousness that trying to convince you of the facts of the matter are a waste of time.

[deleted personal comment by request - Moderator]
If it's not clear what is considered evidence or proof, then it isn't clear what's actually been argued.

muchacho

I never denied that astrologers have attempted methods that try to find the correct Ascendant without any type of birth time indication. In fact, as this was shown, its been the case since the dawn of astrology.

I merely comment that those methods are unreliable, and as a start fail on many concepts, they don't guarantee an accurate chart, nor do they provide good results. There are too many factors involved that make these methods a failure more often than not.

Usually when a method is unreliable and does not posses a high succes rate, the technical defintion is that they "do not functionally work". And thus, are usually discarded. Anyone is free to use them though.

An author's opinion, is just that, an opinion. If they do not show the method working, its nothing more than a "take my word for it" statement.

The fact that they do not practice rectification is not an encouraging factor when analyzing those comments. If the authors would at least make an offer to do the method, would be evidence that they can validate those statements through their actions. Given that they do not, all that can be taken from their statement, is that its nothing more than an opinion, and not an actual method.
I don't think it's that simple. The way I see it, chart rectification is nothing else but reverse engineering a natal chart reading. Which means the more reading material you have, the easier it is. It's similar to looking at a Lego house and then trying to draw the instructions manual based on the real thing right before your eyes. It's going to be easy if you can look at the real thing from every possible angle. But it's going to be impossible if you've only got a blurry image of the kitchen window to work with, no matter how skilled you are. There's a basic set of information that is required to make a method work. If that information is not there, then it's not the method that's to blame.

muchacho

The argument was whether rectification of the chart of an unknown person with no known birth time is possible, especially when you're working from only one life event.
If what is known is really just the day of birth and only one life event and not even a photo available, then I'd say the answer is no. And I think we are all in agreement about that already. If the information is sufficient enough, then it's possible, of course. And depending on how the chart that has to be rectified looks like and the method employed, 'sufficient' can mean many different things. Some charts are easier than others.

JUPITERASC

If what is known is really just the day of birth and only one life event and not even a photo available, then I'd say the answer is no.
And I think we are all in agreement about that already.
If you read the thread
the disagreement on this thread is
that some claim
just the day of birth and only one or two life events
IS sufficient data for chart rectification
while others are in disagreement :smile:
Exactly the point.
The origin of the discussion was a birth chart that had the day of birth as the only indicator.

Didn't even have many events to begin with.