29’ degrees ascendant/ 12 house ascendant? Is it possible?

454VIP

Hi everyone! I’m new in this community, my question is based on my natal chart, my astrology teacher said that was incorrect having a 12 house ascendant, so probably I’m an Aquarius rising and not cap, what do you guys think? Is it possible or not?

https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2gw_vi.55982.157647.png&res=100

Here’s the link to my chart, thank you in advance for your response!

Last edited:

greybeard

The Ascendant is a real, calculable point. A certain sidereal time corresponds to a certain Midheaven. This in turn yields a certain Ascendant, dependent on latitude.

You can have a 12th house Asc if using whole sign houses, but not with a quadrant house system (e.g., Placidus).

Anyway, a correctly calculated chart will have the same MC and Asc in all cases.

If you give the birth data, we can calculate the correct Asc.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
The Ascendant is a real, calculable point. A certain sidereal time corresponds to a certain Midheaven. This in turn yields a certain Ascendant, dependent on latitude.

You can have a 12th house Asc if using whole sign houses, but not with a quadrant house system (e.g., Placidus).

Anyway, a correctly calculated chart will have the same MC and Asc in all cases.

Hello, my friend, GB.
Fully agreeing with all you say about being able to calculate the Asc, I have just a point of clarification please. And I must confess I have not had these concepts much in my head lately :smile:.

I do not understand how one can have a 12th house Asc using whole signs. Is it not by definition with whole signs that the the first whole sign house is 30 degrees of the sign of the rising point?
I thank you,

Last edited:

454VIP

https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2gw_vi.55982.157647.png&res=100
Yes! This is my chart if you can check it out! Thank you!

greybeard

Hello, my friend, GB.
Fully agreeing with all you say about being able to calculate the Asc, I have just a point of clarification please. And I must confess I have not had these concepts much in my head lately :smile:.

I do not understand how one can have a 12th house Asc using whole signs. Is it not by definition with whole signs that the the first whole sign house is 30 degrees of the sign of the rising point?
I thank you,

Well, by Golly, I guess you can't. Thanks for catching and correcting.

greybeard

Birth data...date & time, latitude and longitude or place name.

I will plug this into astro.com (high reliability) and as if by magic....

What the program does is:
Calculate local sidereal time,
Which corresponds to the zodiacal degree of the Midheaven,
From which we calculate the Ascendant according to latitude.

Last edited:

454VIP

Birth data...date & time, latitude and longitude or place name.

I will plug this into astro.com (high reliability) and as if by magic....

What the program does is:
Calculate local sidereal time,
Which corresponds to the zodiacal degree of the Midheaven,
From which we calculate the Ascendant according to latitude.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
July 27, 1994 18:00

Thanks in advance!

greybeard

Guayaquil, Ecuador
July 27, 1994 18:00

Thanks in advance!

Your MC = 02 Sco 46; ASC = 29 Cap 13. Servido. Los 47' que faltan para que el Asc entre en Acuario representan alrededor de 3 minutos de tiempo.

Compare D Trump's ASC @ 29 Leo 55.

Last edited:

ravinderccmb

Do you have sweet voice or good at singing or learnt playing musical instruments? Are you interested in abstract subjects/ research or think big?

454VIP

Do you have sweet voice or good at singing or learnt playing musical instruments? Are you interested in abstract subjects/ research or think big?

Yes, people always complement my voice, played musical instruments when I was younger and I’m super interested and fascinated about research and deep things but don’t know how to make it a living If you can give an advice I’m here for it
Thanks in advance