Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 08-27-2013, 11:54 PM

Venus has max shadbala but debilitated?

Hello Friends,

I had question about what it means for a gemini rising to have Venus debilitated and having maximum shadbala? Although I am in jup-sat period i wanted to know what this means?

Thanks,
Vinayak

Unread 08-27-2013, 11:55 PM

Venus debilitated and having maximum shadbala

Hello Friends,

I had question about what it means for a gemini rising to have Venus debilitated and having maximum shadbala? Although I am in jup-sat period i wanted to know what this means?

Thanks,
Vinayak
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:01 AM

Interesting

Hey Friends,

I found out that my chart with 4 planets sun,ketu,mars,and mercury has the maximum bav bhala which is the 3rd house Leo. I was wondering what this means since i am in jupiter mahadahsa and saturn bhukti my jupiter in 1st house and saturn in 7th. By shadbala Venus is the strongest although debilitated . I would much appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Vinayak
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:10 AM

Vedic interpretation

Hello,

I wanted to get a vedic interpretation on this chart...as i am trying to figure my career..Please let me know what you think? Attached is the chart.

Thanks,
Vinayak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vinayak Venkata Narayana-chart.jpg (36.2 KB, 10 views)
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:11 AM

Re: Vedic interpretation

Hey Friends,

I found out that my chart with 4 planets sun,ketu,mars,and mercury has the maximum bav bhala which is the 3rd house Leo. I was wondering what this means since i am in jupiter mahadahsa and saturn bhukti my jupiter in 1st house and saturn in 7th. By shadbala Venus is the strongest although debilitated . I would much appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Vinayak
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:15 AM

north indian chart:- thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vinayak-chart.jpg (36.0 KB, 2 views)
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:18 AM

Re: Venus has max shadbala but debilitated?

If Venus has maximum dignified shadbala, what do you mean when you state that Venus is debilitated? Is it detrimented by avastha or by ashtakavarga analysis? Venus is a functional benefic for a Gemini ascendant. Could you clarify your meaning?
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:49 PM

Hello Dr.Farr,

I meant Venus is debilitated by the placement of Venus in Virgo in sun's nakshatra which i have heard on numerous occasions that Venus though stong and benefic hinders it ability to perform. What do you think?

Thanks,
Vinayak
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:50 PM

Hello all,

I would greatly appreciate anyone's input on this???

Thanks,
Vinayak
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:58 PM

sun,ketu, mars and mercury in leo opposite to moon and rahu

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me what this means:- sun,ketu, mars and mercury in leo opposite to moon and rahu in aquarius...besides this is venus in virgo and saturn in saggitarius and jupiter in ascendent gemini rising.

Thank you,
Vinayak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vinayak-chart.jpg (36.0 KB, 1 views)
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak1989 View Post
Hello Dr.Farr,

I meant Venus is debilitated by the placement of Venus in Virgo in sun's nakshatra which i have heard on numerous occasions that Venus though stong and benefic hinders it ability to perform. What do you think?

Thanks,
Vinayak
Yes its potential would be impeded, however the shadbala (or ashtakavarga) considerations, if strong, would tend to overcome this; further, check the Venus situation in the D9 (navamsha) chart: IF Venus is weak (debilitated, detrimented) there, then the overall Venus situation (as you indicated regarding the Venus/D1 chart) would be impeded; HOWEVER, if the Venus situation in the D9 is strong, then Venus overall would be benefic and would operate well regardless of the D1 Venus in Virgo, Venus in Sun's nakshatra, considerations.
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:53 AM

Hello Dr.farr,

Thank you for the response and yes Venus is exalted in the navamsa...please take a look at this chart!

Thank you,
Vinayak
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vinayak-chart.jpg (36.0 KB, 10 views)
Unread 08-30-2013, 03:58 AM

It is interesting to not that in the navamsa that jupiter gets debilation. Venus exalted although it's in 12th house and there is also the aspect of mars on Venus by way of 8th house aspect and neptune opposition and jupiter's aspect. I am not sure how we would go about this?

Thanks,
Vinayak
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:21 AM

My opinion: consider Venus, overall, as a functional benefic for you: this would indicate a favorable influence on the D1 houses ruled by Venus (houses of Taurus and Libra), that Venus transits would be favorable, and that the mahadasha and antardasha periods of Venus would be benefic.
In my opinion, Rahu in 11th (D1) and 8th (D9) would have a favorable influence. 5th house (looking at the D1 and the D9 combined) seems a problematical house.
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:31 AM

That is interesting since during my Rahu Mahadasa, i had nothing but problems and many of it health related....I had bronchitis, fever, headaches, discontinued education, and fear of most many things for the entire dash. Its not until recently when my Jupiter mahadasha started that things started to calm down. These is one of the reasons i am trying to investigate all possible sides. Also i have the innate fear of drowning and crashing. Therefore i do not swim or drive....although i am looked forward to fly a plane of course i will have to overcome the discomfort/sickness of motion.
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:44 AM

I use ashtakavarga analysis (rather than shadbala or grahabala or avastha) in my experiments in determining strength or weakness of chart components, and thus of the likely influence of planetary dasha periods: over on the tropical-vedic-astrology.net/forums/ website I have given the method of determining the likely favorable or unfavorable influences of Vimshottari dasha periods using BAV tables (from the ashtakavarga analytical method) to make such determinations-you might find it of some value to make such an analysis of the rashi chart planets to see what the likely influences of each mahadasha and antardasha period might be.
Unread 08-30-2013, 05:58 AM

Thank You Dr.Farr, i went through the whole post and i had a few questions first was jupiter my astakavarga is very strong for me with a 7 in its placement and it is his mahadasa. I have used astakvarga before, coming to my question what is the significance or result if jupiter is in gemini(enemy's house)? Also what does it mean during saturn's mahadasha which was interpreted my other astrologer's as a favorable time for me, probably the best but astakvarga is only 2?

Thanking You,
Vinayak
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:07 AM

Location: Noida (India), Contact e-mail-anoop.astrologer@gmail.com

Venus,
Strong planet in this horoscope, forming Rajyog (fifth house lord in fourth house - trine lord in Kendra). What does debilitated means - it means by nature Neech at times this tendency of planet is considered to be good. Some domestic issues related to mother, happiness, house can be there, but will give benefit during its period. Linkage with house of expense, foreign lands etc. Venus - giving auspicious aspect on the house of profession, connectivity of profession with foreign land. Good for profession during it's period. Good education and education related profession.
Shadbal and ashtak varga will guide us for strength of planet, but placement and lord ship will indicate for the promise of the planet. This Venus will solve purpose by - Sam/dam/dand/bhed policy.
Navmansha chart, its a very good position in 12th house and in exalted sign. Very good, later part of Venus will be better than first part of the period or we can say improvement in planet.

Last edited by anoop.indirapuramghazibad; 08-30-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak1989 View Post
Thank You Dr.Farr, i went through the whole post and i had a few questions first was jupiter my astakavarga is very strong for me with a 7 in its placement and it is his mahadasa. I have used astakvarga before, coming to my question what is the significance or result if jupiter is in gemini(enemy's house)? Also what does it mean during saturn's mahadasha which was interpreted my other astrologer's as a favorable time for me, probably the best but astakvarga is only 2?

Thanking You,
Vinayak
For me, with a BAV bindu count of 7 Jupiter will (likely) overcome the Gemini ascendant influence and be a benefic planet for you, and its mahadasha and antardash would be favorable.

Saturn with a BAV bindu count of only 2 would strongly indicate (to me) that Saturn's dahsa periods would be unfavorable-since Rahu is in many ways similar in nature to Saturn (according to most Vedic authors) this might be why you had such a difficult time in Rahu's dasha.

However, please be aware that my approach to Vedic (and also to Western astrology) is eclectic and my opinions should not be regarded as authoritative or "orthodox".
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:43 AM

venus debilated, but debilation cancelled by lord mercury being placed 7th quadrant from the moon; moreover jupiter the sign of it's elevation makes a 4th/75% aspect over venus - debilation cancelled suggests slower pace of growth - say in terms of health, mother's health, education, property matters, romance, advisory/managerial position, etc.

debilated venus makes elevated aspect over 10th house for career promoting the same significantly, reaching heights some day, while lord 10th jupiter is over the ascendant and protective of the chart.

shadbala is quantified strength, which could be for good or evil. debilated venus is self-centred in approach, while the other negative aspects could thus be acute in the beginning but gradually improve as time progresses owing to cancellation of debilation. venus strong in the navamsa too.

venus is lord 12th for foreign lands, hence debilated venus over the 4th could suggest discomfort over the motherland, and tendency for seeking comforts in foreign lands.

jupiter as lord 7th is badhaka/inimical for the gemini ascendant, hence jupiter over gemini asc could impact health, say lungs/asthma perhaps being airy sign representing chest/lungs, while aspecting own sagittarius 7th could be protective of career and relationship but under stress and delay being the badhaka sign. jupiter also represents 10th house for career, and being over unfriendly gemini could suggest career related stress,

while could promote analytical abilities in terms of mere information-data processing abilities, while gemini though curious and analytical is a confused sign with lots of information and paralyis through analysis living more in the mind negating jupiter's wisdom/holistic approach. may be not good at final diagnosis and decision making, could play supportive information processing computerisation role, to focus upon.

jupiter's presence in gemini could come in the way of intellectual-analytical abilities, being badhaka, and add further to the confusion - intellect and wisdom at conflict, alike the pandavas in mahabharata perhaps! the confused Arjuna! to merely put it illustratively.

hope the generic observations help reflect further - wishing well,

kshantaram

Last edited by kshantaram; 08-30-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:42 PM

Lightbulb Re: Venus has max shadbala but debilitated?

Thank you Anoop, Dr.Farr, and Kshantaram,

These are excellent observations. What Kshantaram said is true but lead me to a new insight. My jupiter though badaka and placed in Ardra or Rahu's naksatra, therefore during Rahu's mahadasa which aspects 1st house gemini or jupiter in gemini. These gave me several ailments such as bronchitis and hospitilization till the age of 21 almost consistently, although my education was ok and i did excel in studies even though i could not much too much effort. I agree with Venus's position supposively strong.

I would like to make an INTERESTING note here. I was born in USA and i went back and forth from USA to India and i did my highschool and engineering in INDIA through rahu mahadasa during which my mother would also be sick and i was staying with my uncle which was not a comfortable experience for me, therefore what you have said is right up the alley!

What is also interesting is that I thought career related would have been easy or easier than most since i feel a sense of excelling and leadership. I agree that i am under stress with career related issues, where as education comes instinctively.

Now i am fighting with the decision of what's next? I am about to complete MBA and i see myself joining the military pretty soon! I am in jupiter mahadasa and saturn bhukti. I feel my stronger planets are in my 3rd house especially sun and mars, what do you think? Although there are 4 planets there opposite to moon and rahu! I do not like playing supporting roles for long period's of time. I have been good at taking charge, i have been healthy so far in the mahadasa thanks to god's grace.

I have taken many things into account like shadbala and astakavarga and divisional charts to understand more....but more confusion.

I would like more of your input! I appreciate your valuable time!

Thank you,
Vinayak
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:52 PM

Vinayak,

yes, sun-mars-mercury-ketu leo 3rd

could be suggestive of valour, risk taking, and administrative capabilities, impressive and agressive in speech and writings; sun own leo; leo high self-pride, sensitive, sudden decisions. 4 planets suggestive of detached attitude, may be detachment in sibling relationships.

moon-rahu 9th suggest distant travels, need for pilgrimage.

sun-mars make enemy aspect over acquarius 9th impacting luck, delayed fortunes late at 36+ as thumb rule,

while saturn lord 9th of 7th badhaka sagittarius for career support and relationship/marriage under stress and delays,

while saturn aspects own acquarius 9th protective of luck, higher education, etc but may not be good for father's health. moreover saturn significator for father for the night born.

venus is lord 9th from the moon for luck, debilated over virgo 8th from the moon negating the 9th house, debilation cancelled, hence slower pace of growth.

the jupiter-saturn opposition 1/7 axis could cause miscalculations and misunderstandings in matters of relationship and career matters - 7th house being 10th from the 10th, thus missed opportunities in the process.
while it is the jupiter-saturn dasa as you inform, to watch and care for.

sagittarius is an optimistic, philosophical, sportive sign, with lover of law and justice. while saturn is lord 9th acquarius again for law and justice, placed over philosophical sagittarius. moon-rahu 9th could be good at study of psychology or the understanding thereof and of a reformist approach, acquarius 9th an airy uncertain mystique sign. moon-rahu could give acting abilities able to hide original personal emotions.

currently saturn-rahu transit elevated libra 5th for education, romance, managerial/advisory position/luck, transit 9th from moon, upward trend of luck, trine jupiter/jupiter dasa;

while saturn-rahu tend to rise and fall to watch and care for.

jupiter transit natal jupiter gemini over the ascendant aspecting own sagittarius 7th for career support and relationship, although under stress and delay; while badhaka jupiter over natal jupiter gemini could involve an element of mental stress and impact on health. while natal jupiter-saturn in opposition, badhaka jupiter impacting the ascendant and saturn lord 9th for luck over badhaka sagittarius - tending to miscalculations and missed opportunities and health issues, to care for.

hope generic observations/inputs enable reflect further. hope saturn-rahu transit elevated libra enable upliftment in life, while saturn is lord 9th for luck over 5th trine, 9th from moon, to watch for.

wishing well,

kshantaram
Unread 08-31-2013, 02:48 AM

Thank you Kshantaram for the detailed observation, it is really helpful and i appreciate it.

Note:- I have one brother and we are really close, we love each other very much! The only thing is we have been away from each for the past 3 years but we speak everyday and in a month we are going to be together for good again!.

I am interested deeply in the study of brain and its impact on the physiology and psychology, I have been considering this.....although the theoretical study is the part I suffer. Yes i have also considered taking law studies as well, I like and hope to be in a possible administration position.

I am hoping the test that i will be taking to become a doctor on 7th September goes well. If that becomes the case I will definitely be on my way!

Also have you seen a lot of Badakha planets impacting people like this because as you mention it has effected my relationship and career a whole lot and even my education moreover. As I mentioned before my health till 21. My question is does it really that much of a negative effect even when considered high shadbala and astakavarga?

Thanking You,
Vinayak
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:22 PM

Which software did you use to calculate shadbala?
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:38 PM

i used the online one at www.astrosage.com

Tags
debilitated, interesting, interpretation, ketu, mars, maximum, mercury, moon, opposite, rahu, shadbala, vedic, venus