Based off of my chart is there any chance my birth time could be wrong?

Zora

Account Closed
I was wondering if it could be off because my MC would be in Libra in the next minute. Also a person I know who studies astrology told me that the chart interpretation came together better when the Midheaven was in Libra.

Where did you got your birthtime from ?

MC on 29 degrees is the most evolved degree possible. A zero degree is a sensitive and critical one.

JUPITERASC

I was wondering if it could be off
because my MC would be in Libra in the next minute.

Also a person I know who studies astrology
told me that the chart interpretation came together better
when the Midheaven was in Libra.

Here's the link to the chart: https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c...n&tolerance=1&tolerance_paral=1.2#tabs_redraw
Exactly - ASC/DESC/MC/IC lines are extremely time-sensitive :smile:
and therefore
if time of birth is out by only minutes
then chart not reliable
and so
times of birth based on memory or anecdote unacceptable

It's commonplace issue with any natal chart
even if timing is from birth certificate or medical records
because
members who work their Day job in hospitals
have said that
at the time of birth
neither the medical staff nor the mother are focusing on their watch
all focus by the medical team is on health, safety
and wellbeing of both mother and newborn
and so
births are noted AFTER the event :smile:
therefore may be at least fifteen minutes
perhaps even hours out

another issue is
the frequent inaccuracy of watches, clocks, timepieces in general
as well as HUMAN ERROR caused by tiredness, stress and so on
i.e.
it is not unusual for hospital staff to note time incorrectly

there's a detailed thread discussion on Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles
providing RECTIFICATION TIPS
at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

Osamenor

Staff member
I was wondering if it could be off because my MC would be in Libra in the next minute. Also a person I know who studies astrology told me that the chart interpretation came together better when the Midheaven was in Libra.

And what was his reasoning? Why did he think a Libra MC would make your chart come together better?

greybeard

The chart itself does not inform us of an erroneous time of birth. Accept the time given on the BC. You can always resort to rectification later.

Your "astrologer-friend" has been eating too many artichokes. You do not adapt a chart so it will "come together" better, at your whim, to suit your desires.

For now, the best you've got is the BC. Rely on it until you are able to get a good rectification. Your BC could be right on the money, who knows?

Last edited:
And what was his reasoning? Why did he think a Libra MC would make your chart come together better?

It was on this thread: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125718

All the way at the bottom, the user FROG. He was trying to give me insight on what I should do as a career. He thought I was a Libra MC but then I told I'm actually a Virgo MC which messed his chart interpretation. He sent me a private message asking me if my birth time was accurate or not.

Osamenor

Staff member
So here's what FROG said about your MC. The rest of the post, as far as I can tell (I can't read most of it because of the lack of spaces between lines) doesn't address anything that would change if your MC sign were different.
And AIR is on the midheaven, which can often describe characteristics of your life long reputation, therefore your profession. You have Libra there. But there are no planets in the house. Libra on the Midheaven is all about striking a fair deal with others. Peacemaking. The Ruler of that house is another indicator of your profession-- and it is Venus, in the 2nd. The 2nd house is about personal resources, like money and confidence. So it would seem that fair deals is even more accentuated.
Does FROG's assessment of your profession and its ruler match your experience of yourself and your life? After all, the next thing he says is....

I am just a student. This is complicated exercise of interpreting a chart and conveying the information properly.
His assessment is not necessarily correct.

When astrologers rectify charts, which might involve scooting the MC a few degrees either way, they do it based on life events. I have, a couple of times, suggested to people that their birth time might be slightly off because of what I saw going on at the time they gave for a major life event. In both cases, the major life event entailed either job loss or a hit to public reputation--MC stuff--and in both cases, their progressed MC, based on the birth time they had, was a couple degrees past their natal Uranus. That kind of event would make much more sense if it happened when the progressed MC reached conjunction with natal Uranus, which would be the case if the real birth time was slightly earlier.

In both cases, there was also something involving their AC that was slightly off: either an outer planet transit to the natal AC that hadn't quite perfected (but would have if the AC were slightly earlier), or a conjunction to a natal planet by the progressed AC that had already passed (but would be applying or exact if the birth time was slightly earlier).

What sign someone thinks best matches your career isn't such a good indicator of where your MC really is. Especially in your case. You have an empty tenth house, so for planets, we only have the ruler to consider, and there's a marked similarity between the placements of your possible MC rulers: you have Venus conjunct Neptune and Mercury in Pisces. If your MC really is in Virgo, it's ruled by a planet soaked in Piscean energy, which also happens to be Venusian, in the sense that Pisces is where Venus is exalted. If it's in Libra, some of that same energy is present because of the Neptune/Venus conjunction. Either way, communication is a theme for your MC: either it's in an air sign and has its ruler in an air sign, or its ruler is the planet of communication.

JUPITERASC

It was on this thread: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125718

All the way at the bottom, the user FROG. He was trying to give me insight on what I should do as a career. He thought I was a Libra MC but then I told I'm actually a Virgo MC which messed his chart interpretation. He sent me a private message asking me if my birth time was accurate or not.
as well as FROG on that thread another member comments on the topic

as follows :smile:

Disclaimer I am assuming that your stated birth time is correct to the minute.
If it is much different from that
in fact then there will be significant errors in this interpretations.

Your chart merely reveals you tendencies.
It does not contradict your free will.

Aspects to MC are instrumental to vocations and avocations, but anything that lies across the angles, Asc, MC, Desc., IC will also contribute because they are emphasized and focused. You have a T-square of Pluto/Sun/Saturn across Asc/Desc, so that is a dominant matter for the chart in general. Such dominant matters often become avocations. To clarify, you also have a stellium of Sun/Mercury/Uranus. Both of these formations suggest the occult. In fact, that is what the two things have in common. The occult (especially astrology) is not profitable for everyone, and it is a challenging professional choice, but it is the clearest choice to me in this chart.

Another choice might be electronics or journalism (Mercury/Uranus). Perhaps engineering or computer programming.

The challenges are a tendency to assume you know more than you know, and a tendency to be domineering and selfish. Some people with such accents in their charts show a tendency to hardness and cruelty. Crime may entice you. Violence may entice you. Look to your constructive philosophies to help guide you through the complexity.

JUPITERASC

The chart itself does not inform us of an erroneous time of birth. Accept the time given on the BC. You can always resort to rectification later.

Your "astrologer-friend" has been eating too many artichokes. You do not adapt a chart so it will "come together" better, at your whim, to suit your desires.

For now, the best you've got is the BC.
Rely on it until you are able to get a good rectification.

Your BC could be right on the money, who knows?
fact is there are multiple opinions amongst astrologers on chart rectification
twenty astrologers rectifying the same chart
may rectify to different ascendant signs
so
either find a reliable rectification astrologer
and there are not many of those because it is time consuming :smile:
or learn to rectify your own chart
it is an excellent way to learn

JUPITERASC

Osamenor just described how to do it
...match events to the angles.

Take a few years, watch your chart develop.
matching events to angles certainly forms part of the method
and is a work in progress over the years :smile:
consider also the ANIMODAR birthtime rectification method
1. Examine the preceding syzygy, whether it was a new moon or a full moon.

2. If the preceding syzygy was a new moon, observe its degree at the time of the nativity.

3. If the preceding syzygy was a full moon by night, we observe the degree of the syzygy. By day, we observe the degree opposite the syzygy, which is the degree of the luminary above the horizon (in that case the Sun).

4. Observe the degree at the approximate time of the nativity, and give a point to any of the following planets with rulership over the degree at the time of birth (see http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/3A*.html#note9)

OJUpA8e.png

5. Give a point to any planet in the same sign as the degree or in sign with some aspect (sextile, square, trine or opposition) to it.

6. If one star is familiar with the degree in all or most of these ways, whatever degree of its sign it is passing at the time of birth, the same numerical degree is rising (Asc) or culminating (Mc) at the time of birth.

7. If two or more stars are predominators, observe the one that is closer to the approximate time. If it so happens that we do not have the nearest hour of birth, we can establish it through combination of accidental qualities.
The foregoing rectification is for time with approximate hour.

greybeard

And by the way, the great Muslim astrologer Albumasar (9th century) had no record of his own nativity. So he made a "universal interrogation" [he cast a horary] and used that in lieu of his proper birth chart.

Last edited:

greybeard

I have an astrologer friend who read a horary for a man playing the silver market. A few weeks after the reading he came back, bragging about how accurate she had been. So she pulled the chart up for a second look.

That is when she discovered that the chart was off by 1000 years. Yet her predictions, including critical timing, were spot on.

Go figure.

JUPITERASC

A Ptip from Ptolemy :smile:

In Ptolemy,
masculine planets make male babies, feminine planets make female babies.

But as sexist as trad goes, masculine planets are also taken as generally better, more active,
and generating their good or bad effects earlier in life.

Morning planets can indicate first-born siblings
compared to evening planets indicating younger siblings,
because of this.

It is also used by Ptolemy to judge sexuality
(if Sun, Moon, Mars and Venus are predominantly masculine in a female chart in most of these ways, they make lesbians,
in a male chart, an ''adulterous male'', and vice versa with feminine planets,
homosexual in a male chart, an ''adulterous female'' in a female chart).

He also says that Venus under the rays (or combust)
makes the woman play ''the part of mistress'', though I haven't checked that out.