Lilith

espi3479

I have been trying to understand the lilith more and how it affects ones chart by placement and aspects. If anyone could give me a bit more knowledge on this that would be great. :)

I've noticed my
Lilith conjuncts my Eros, Part of Fortune, and Juno
Trines my Pallas, Neptune, and Venus
Sextiles my Vertex
Squares my Mercury
Quintiles my Ascendant

Lilith is in the 9th house and 29 degrees in Virgo

Zarathu

Account Closed
I have been trying to understand the lilith more and how it affects ones chart by placement and aspects. If anyone could give me a bit more knowledge on this that would be great. :)

I've noticed my
Lilith conjuncts my Eros, Part of Fortune, and Juno
Trines my Pallas, Neptune, and Venus
Sextiles my Vertex
Squares my Mercury
Quintiles my Ascendant

Lilith is in the 9th house and 29 degrees in Virgo

Which Lilith?

waybread

The usual Lilith is the so called Black Moon Lilith, which is a point on the moon's orbit, but there is also an asteroid Lilith plus another one whose explanation I forget.

In Jewish folklore, Lilith was a she-demon who pretty much focused on evil-doing and making people miserable. One story goes that she was originally Adam's first wife, prior to Eve, but she refused to submit to his authority, and went off to the desert.

Feminists around 1970 reconstructed Lilith as the original independent woman, not under male authority.

I think Lilith can function either way in a horoscope. She can be the "bad girl" who shows up during a difficult transit; or perhaps where others are likely to see our troublesome nature. Or she can show where people exhibit their independence, no matter how vilified they will be by conventional, authoritarian people.

dr. farr

The Ludham-Wilson book, "Lillith Insight", I consider the best reference text on "our Lilith" (the common Lilith, symbolized by a crescent moon on a cross on the astro.com charts)

rahu

Banned
hi espi3479

i like to get an idea of the physical parameters of symbols when possible.
the moon's orbit around the sun is not a circle . a circle is define by the center of the circle .the moon's orbit is an ellipse. a elipse is define by two foci, so there are two lilths but one is in fact inside the earth. the third lilth is an asteriod which would have a more symbolic meaning.
so the real lilths are lunar in nature. i interpret lilth as the intuitive emotional energies that make up you conscious emotional feelings.hence lilth shows your deepest emotionally beginnings.as a consequence it is an unconscious point and aspects to lilth affect one from the inside. this can manifest as feelings that you don't really understand from where they come.or it shows emotional dynamics that arise on their own and can seem to be "nebulous" or surprising
for instance ,say your saturn is square to lilth, then you may have insecurities that you don't understand as there may be no conscious or visible reason to feel insecure yet you could feel insecure.

conversely with venus square to lilth ,you may find many people attracted to you but wonder why.

rahu

Last edited:

dr. farr

I consider the essential nature of Lilith ("our Lilith", crescent on cross Lilith) to be a mixture of:
-Moon in square/opposition to Mars + Moon in square/opposition to Saturn, mixed with the qualities of Moon in conjunction with the star Algol

(the somewhat related Waldemath point, aka Waldemath Black Moon, I consider to be of the quality of Moon conjunct Saturn, thus not nearly as potentially disruptive in nature as "our" Lilith is)

Lion o ness

I'm always interested in reading about Lilith...

The whole myth fascinates me.... I keep reading that its different for men vs women.

I will copy and paste from this link.

http://starscopestoday.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/lilith-in-synastry/

Lilith in a woman’s chart shows how and under which circumstances her sexual energy is released. Lilith also relates to where and how we use our feminine power, and shows us the place where we hold vengefulness. Prominent feminists and women in positions of considerable power have strongly placed Liliths in their charts..

In a man’s chart, Lilith represents the type of woman he fears, and craves, the most. It is the type of woman that can drive him over the edge with obsession and desire.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm wondering if this is the case?

By reading this it seems its more of an unconscious energy