Interceptions. Can someone help me understand

Pinkybow

I always taught I had 4 planets in Scorpio 8th house. I’ve discovered now I’ve actually only mercury in the 8th. My Venus moon & Pluto are in 7th house which is also Scorpio?!! Can someone explain this to me please, and how do i interpret those planets? Do I assume they are in Scorpio? Or my intercepted Libra?

I hope this makes sense! I’m learning something new everyday...

In whole house they are all in Scorpio 8th house—> but using placidus system I get the interceptions....

waybread

Anyone know anything that can help me understand?

Whether or not you have intercepted signs is a function of the house system you use. They don't happen in whole signs and equal house methods, but they can occur in quadrant house systems, such as Placidus, Koch, and Regiomontanus. Quadrant house systems will have the chart angles forming house cusps. But in a whole signs or equal house system, the chart angles are typically embedded within houses.

Intercepted houses are more common with people born at high latitudes, which can include the UK (notably Scotland) and Scandinavia.

You've got 4 planets in Scorpio, but which house they appear in will depend on the house system. In whole signs, they would be in the 9th house.

See which house system seems like the best fit with your life experience.

An intercepted sign does not form any house cusps. They always come in pairs of opposites. In this chart (Placidus houses?) your signs of Libra and Aries are intercepted. Because Scorpio is on a house cusp those planets are not intercepted.

Last edited:

ardentika

I found out recently that my ascendant was perhaps wrong, and when I got my new birth time I had Pisces/Virgo intercepted which was supposed to be my asc/dsc. It finally made sense. Usually when signs are intercepted they are under-developed and quite vague. The energy is there but you don't understand it, it feels uncomfortable, there is too much of it or too little. You can try to google about interpretations of intercepted signs and planets, they are pretty accurate, at least for me they were.

greybeard

So...
Waybread explained about t*he different house systems, how some produce intercepted signs and some don"t.

I like intercepted signs, think they are very informative, so I use Placidus.

The interpretation of interception can vary from house to house. A friend has a stellium included in the 4th; she never leaves her home unless necessary. Not the same as the same stellium in 6th.