Suicide Aspects

Sagcap88

I was wondering if there were really any aspects that denote that someone might be predisposed to suicide?

I read that Moon opposing Neptune or Pluto is a strong significator (but doesn’t apply to all, obviously). I also think that Pisces and Cancerians placements are more prone to it. :(

Any ideas as to whether or not things in the chart show a predisposition?

*disclaimer: I am not suicidal, just trying to educate myself and be more aware of this issue. I’m posting this after seeing the very shocking news about Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade.*

Last edited:

Whoam1

Look at Jupiter for suicide for political gains. Look at Mars and Pluto for issues with mental health. Moon and maybe Neptune for self sacrifce.

I have a Pluto Moon it is a lonely place. Will torch down your house of u hurt the things it loves. Will become a monster and comment suicide in that way to save the things it loves.

I've been living in my detached Neptune world lately and I can't access wether I'm more of Pluto or of Neptune.

The water in my life is sure nice but I can't tell if it's strong on my chart. Thank you tigers eye bracelet for bursting my bubble.

Sagcap88

Look at Jupiter for suicide for political gains. Look at Mars and Pluto for issues with mental health. Moon and maybe Neptune for self sacrifce.

I have a Pluto Moon it is a lonely place. Will torch down your house of u hurt the things it loves. Will become a monster and comment suicide in that way to save the things it loves.

I've been living in my detached Neptune world lately and I can't access wether I'm more of Pluto or of Neptune.

The water in my life is sure nice but I can't tell if it's strong on my chart. Thank you tigers eye bracelet for bursting my bubble.

Thanks for the informative answer. Interestingly, I have a friend whose moon opposes his Pluto at a zero degree orb. His wife’s sun conjuncts his Pluto exactly. He’s a Pisces with Neptune squaring his sun, to boot. His wife is psychologically abusive to the point that he’s clinically depressed and he has been suicidal before. I think he’s a more extreme case...a manifestation of a darker shade of the traits associated with his chart.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Firstly, if you feel you yourself are suicidal, please get help - from family, friends or even a doc.

Look at what transit Saturn is doing - aspects to natal Sun / Moon or Asc. ruler are very important. Then take into consideration also the prog. Moon. If you like, we can read the natal chart.

Sagcap88

Hi,

Firstly, if you feel you yourself are suicidal, please get help - from family, friends or even a doc.

Look at what transit Saturn is doing - aspects to natal Sun / Moon or Asc. ruler are very important. Then take into consideration also the prog. Moon. If you like, we can read the natal chart.

Not suicidal. Just wondering about aspects behind it after seeing the two recent celebrity deaths on the news. It’s getting a lot of attention and I’ve never paid attention. I’m trying to learn more about it and the signs and symptoms to pay attn to those around me.

AppLeo

Sun-Neptune
Moon-Neptune

Neptune means lack of boundaries and when aspecting personal planets it dissolves the self. When I say dissolve the self, I mean that the self wants doesn't want to have boundry's; it wants to be a part of something greater.
Sun-Neptune people struggle with being their own individual self or fundamentally don't understand how someone can fully be individual. They often lose themselves in other people or activities; they act as chameleons with no actual sense of self or purpose. They feel they are a part of greater purpose way beyond their actual self.

From a literal perspective, and if the native is on a negative path, this could make someone want to commit suicide because it's the ultimate form of self-abnegation. The completely dissolved self.

Not trying to glorify suicide here, but that's probably what goes through their mind. Suicide is the perfection solution to a physical living, individual, entity that sets boundaries because it's in its nature to be separate from a greater whole.

I think the square or opposition is more likely to make the native suicidal. Especially squares because squares force the native to make some kind of action to get the result.

Sun-Pluto
Moon-Pluto

Pluto is often associated with death and change. Something dies to make room for something new. So again, from a literal perspective, a person commits suicide because they killing off an old part of themselves (in this case their own body in this life) by reincarnating in a new body to begin a new journey. Because the life that they are living is probably redundant or worthless to either themselves or the people around them.

Although, I think this is a more negative side of Pluto. Suicide is usually a hasty and irrational change or death before someone has fulfilled their spiritual mission on Earth.

---

I think Mars and Uranus transits are triggers for these Neptune/Pluto aspects for one to commit suicide. Mars is physical and makes someone take some kind of physical action; mars is also violent and so is suicide. Uranus isn't necessarily physical, but it generates random and shocking events. Suicide is usually shocking and often random because people don't expect it to happen.

Last edited:

Sagcap88

Sun-Neptune
Moon-Neptune

Neptune means lack of boundaries and when aspecting personal planets it dissolves the self. When I say dissolve the self, I mean that the self wants doesn't want to have boundry's; it wants to be a part of something greater.
Sun-Neptune people struggle with being their own individual self or fundamentally don't understand how someone can fully be individual. They often lose themselves in other people or activities; they act as chameleons with no actual sense of self or purpose. They feel they are a part of greater purpose way beyond their actual self.

From a literal perspective, and if the native is on a negative path, this could make someone want to commit suicide because it's the ultimate form of self-abnegation. The completely dissolved self.

Not trying to glorify suicide here, but that's probably what goes through their mind. Suicide is the perfection solution to a physical living, individual, entity that sets boundaries because it's in its nature to be separate from a greater whole.

I think the square or opposition is more likely to make the native suicidal. Especially squares because squares force the native to make some kind of action to get the result.

Sun-Pluto
Moon-Pluto

Pluto is often associated with death and change. Something dies to make room for something new. So again, from a literal perspective, a person commits suicide because they killing off an old part of themselves (in this case their own body in this life) by reincarnating in a new body to begin a new journey. Because the life that they are living is probably redundant or worthless to either themselves or the people around them.

Although, I think this is a more negative side of Pluto. Suicide is usually a hasty and irrational change or death before someone has fulfilled their spiritual mission on Earth.

---

I think Mars and Uranus transits are triggers for these Neptune/Pluto aspects for one to commit suicide. Mars is physical and makes someone take some kind of physical action; mars is also violent and so is suicide. Uranus isn't necessarily physical, but it generates random and shocking events. Suicide is usually shocking and often random because people don't expect it to happen.

Thanks, very good explanations!

I think Bourdain was extremely shocking (and sad). I really liked him. His Aquarius moon opposes Uranus and squares Neptune. His sun was in Cancer. I think that moon had a great deal of influence over him.

AppLeo

Thanks, very good explanations!

I think Bourdain was extremely shocking (and sad). I really liked him. His Aquarius moon opposes Uranus and squares Neptune. His sun was in Cancer. I think that moon had a great deal of influence over him.

Yes, suicide is very sad.

Somna7H

Banned
@AppLeo

Thanks!
Even though I have all four aspects that you have mentioned still I'm feeling more dilutional than suicidal. 😂
May be we need very bad transit to become suicidal ?

I have following aspects including others too.
Sun inconjunct Neptune.
Sun Square Pluto.
Moon oppo Neptune
Moon Trine Pluto.

Whoam1

@AppLeo

Thanks!
Even though I have all four aspects that you have mentioned still I'm feeling more dilutional than suicidal. 😂
May be we need very bad transit to become suicidal ?

I have following aspects including others too.
Sun inconjunct Neptune.
Sun Square Pluto.
Moon oppo Neptune
Moon Trine Pluto.

Inconj. Is not an aspect, it's just misleading. Pluto is your probably most important body by aspecting both Sun and Moon. It means to march to a diffrent drummer, true authenticity, deep psychological matters, and transformation/healing.

Lykanized

Inconjunct is important tho. It's energy that just has no connection whatsoever. Even the opposition and squares have more connection and are possibly easier to reconcile

Whoam1

Inconjunct is important tho. It's energy that just has no connection whatsoever. Even the opposition and squares have more connection and are possibly easier to reconcile

But if they are Parralel or both aspect a luminary that falls a part. Such is the case of my Saturn Pluto, inconj. buy contra Parralel and both aspect the moon. Also Aries and Scorpio both have Pluto/Mars as a ruler so again its very fragile.

Lykanized

But if they are Parralel or both aspect a luminary that falls a part. Such is the case of my Saturn Pluto, inconj. buy contra Parralel and both aspect the moon. Also Aries and Scorpio both have Pluto/Mars as a ruler so again its very fragile.

I guess it does depend on individual cases. Personally, I have Sun inconjunct Saturn(which has very few aspects in my chart but all hard ones bc God hates me), and Venus inconjunct Neptune and Uranus. Venus and Neptune-Uranus all aspect my moon, but the aspect from Venus is a square which I think just makes it harsher. It is possible the square from my moon which has easy aspects to my Neptune and Uranus may give me a means to mending the connection to my Venus. But that Sun inconjunct Saturn is ****ery

Frisiangal

Any ideas as to whether or not things in the chart show a predisposition?

*disclaimer: I am not suicidal, just trying to educate myself and be more aware of this issue. I’m posting this after seeing the very shocking news about Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade.*

As already mentioned there can be many reasons for (attempting) suicide, as seen through the planets.

What has personally been observed is a harsh natal aspect involving Moon-Chiron which, by co-incidence?, is also present in the charts of the two celebrities (who I had never heard of). (A midnight chart put Bourdain's Moon begin Capricorn, which would have made a conjunction with Chiron any time during the next 24 hours).

I'm not too familiar with names of those taking their own life. Actor Robin Williams had both Sun and Saturn in close harsh aspect to Chiron.
A friend attempted suicide several times in youth as a result of a close conjunction Moon-Chiron in Cancer. Always felt that it was the Pluto in early Leo that saved the day.

Most people go through times when they wish the painful feelings accompanying a particular situation could be over and done with. Some experience such times more strongly than others.

Chiron is very much associated with the inner pain with which one lives as a result of situations experienced. When this inner pain becomes too much to bear, a manner to find release from, and be free of it can take hold. The myth of Chiron tells of choosing physical death above living with the agony of that for which there is no physical relief and cannot (always?) be healed.

Last edited:

Witchyone

It's not an aspect, but I've noticed that all the people I admire who've committed suicide in the past few years have a personal planet in Cancer. Makes me want to hug all the Cancers I know.