Riots in St. Louis

piercethevale

Wow, keep it cool St. Louis, my heart goes out to you all but don't do anything stupid.
There's too much indication that every police force in the nation is on edge from rumors flying ...my own thread on the economy of the USA at this time being one source... although astrological indications are more than just a rumor... but there are a lot of sources that are saying things about police being on high alert and anticipating riots and mob activity through the rest of this year.

A nervous Police officer is not someone you wish to confront.

DoubleAquarius

Wow, keep it cool St. Louis, my heart goes out to you all but don't do anything stupid.
There's too much indication that every police force in the nation is on edge from rumors flying ...my own thread on the economy of the USA at this time being one source... although astrological indications are more than just a rumor... but there are a lot of sources that are saying things about police being on high alert and anticipating riots and mob activity through the rest of this year.

It seems more like police departments are protecting themselves and not serving the public in my opinion.
Protect and serve who? People should see a police officer and not be worried/scared/threatened but that is the harsh reality of today. Civil unrest is result.
I say it's not entirely the peoples fault.

Last edited:

DoubleAquarius

Given not all cops are the same there are just police officers that do the right thing.

piercethevale

You'll get no argument from me about that and there have been a heck of a lot of unwarranted violence perpetrated on innocent civilians that you can find hard evidence of on the internet.
...but most of the time it seems to be the result of someones' attitude, questioning authority or not giving any respect to the badge. If that doesn't give one cause to consider... just remember...

They've also got near unlimited firepower...

piercethevale

Well, I need to apologize.
Yesterday I knew nothing about this and responded on instinct.
I lived through the 60's and saw how it can get...but it apparently gotten to the threshold and may have even surpassed it from the initial reports I've read. If the witnesses accounts are true and accurate this situation is justifiable for extreme display of outrage...but you have to remember.... the only times that have been known to make a political change with the least amount of loss of life and property has been by non-violent means. Aggressive, persistent, non-violent protest. But not an instigating kind, just aggressively persistent.

STAY CALM
AND THINK;
WHAT WOULD
GANDHI DO?​

piercethevale

I would call a truce. A cease to hostilities and then every mothers' son that fells outraged calmly take a place in the ranks of others that wish to show their outrage and soon it will grow to such a display as for the city, the state and the country for all to see what a sizable force there is of US.

If it fills city streets or its' parks, whatever, however you can do it, do it.
Non violent, but determined, persistent.
Power to the People!

DoubleAquarius

I would call a truce. A cease to hostilities and then every mothers' son that fells outraged calmly take a place in the ranks of others that wish to show their outrage and soon it will grow to such a display as for the city, the state and the country for all to see what a sizable force there is of US.

If it fills city streets or its' parks, whatever, however you can do it, do it.
Non violent, but determined, persistent.
Power to the People!

So to update this situation St. Louis is now under marshal law. How do you think something like that will turn out?

By the way I have a theory about the "unlimited firepower"
I do not condone violence though the government doesn't hesitate to use it to intimidate us. My theory being if every gang organization in America stood together they could overthrow the government. Not to sound like I support organized crime it anything. Though I will point out our government is basically organized crime itself.

Also another thought. It would make a lot more sense to have "Peace officers" instead of "Police officers"

Just sayin'

unique_astrology

Even using a noon chart for the date Missouri's statehood began shows connections to the approximate time of the shooting of Michael Brown.

Missouri was admitted to statehood on August 10, 1821

St. Charles, MO (Original, temporary capitol) is located at 38°47'02"N and 90°28'52"W

Shooting of Michael Brown was on August 9, 2014, about 12:03 pm, CDT, in Ferguson, MO

Ferguson MO is located at 38°N44'39'' and 90°W18'22''W

St Louis, MO is located at 38°37'38"N and 90°11'52"W

*** CHART ANALYSIS REPORT *** Angles for temporary capitol. Not much different for the other locations.

Missouri - St Charles - Natal Relocated
Aug 10 1821 NS (Jul 29 1821 OS), 12:00 pm, LMT +6:01:55
St Charles Missouri 38°N47'02'' 090°W28'52''
DeltaT = +11s; ET = 6:02:06 pm Aug 10 1821 NS; JDE = 2386388.251460
ST(0°) = 15:17:27; LST = 09:15:31; Ob = 23°27'45''; Eq.Time = -5m01s
ACD(0h) = Nov 9 1821 NS; ACD(12h) = May 11 1822 NS

CHART ANGLES

Ascendant 09°Sc12'59''
Midheaven 16°Le25'18''

CHART POINTS

Moon 11°Cp24'34''
Sun 17°Le41'37''
Saturn 26°Ar42'34'' R

Attachments

• State and Shooting.gif
    State and Shooting.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 37

athenian200

I think the whole issue here is racial. It seems like people are just extremely upset that an African-American was shot, and they're unwilling to listen to the police side of the story. Too many people seem to be reacting emotionally rather than rationally.

I do think that imposing martial law was necessary, because people were looting and rioting in the streets. Order has to be maintained, you can't let people do things like that. It would be one thing if it were a peaceful demonstration, but the citizens lost control. A line has to be drawn somewhere. When people are that angry and out of control, sometimes violence is the only way to get their attention and make them understand that they have to stop what they're doing.

A lot of people may not like police or the justice system, particularly more counter-culture types who prefer to "stick it to the man," but I think we'd be a lot worse off without it.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

There have been many, many qualified police chiefs and military officials from around the country that say the situation was not handled correctly or professionally. Martial law was not necessary and the Ferguson police were being excessive (and still are).

But, in a way, it's good that they didn't handle it well. Because shootings like this have gone on for years and no one mounts an effective protest over it. Ferguson was prime for it because racial tension was mounting already and most of the citizens are black there.

Where I grew up in Portland, OR, police have been investigated by the FBI for killing unarmed civilians, and have done so many times. The difference is that Portland is much bigger, and mostly white, so it's harder to mount this kind of protest and have it really heard.

Another black man was shot and killed by police in St. Louis today. He had a knife, was intoxicated and asked the police to shoot him (in my mind, it sounds like he was hurting over the event in Ferguson). You hear people cry "self defense" but recently is seems like "self defense" is used to justify any murder, regardless if it's a last resort. If two police officers can encounter a man who is drunk and stumbling around with a knife saying "shoot me" and so they gun him down instead of disabling him (you'd think police would have some kind of training for dealing with someone with a knife without murdering them, right?), we might as well be in the wild west again.

piercethevale

So to update this situation St. Louis is now under marshal law. How do you think something like that will turn out?

By the way I have a theory about the "unlimited firepower"
I do not condone violence though the government doesn't hesitate to use it to intimidate us. My theory being if every gang organization in America stood together they could overthrow the government. Not to sound like I support organized crime it anything. Though I will point out our government is basically organized crime itself.

Also another thought. It would make a lot more sense to have "Peace officers" instead of "Police officers"

Just sayin'

The months I spent in jail some 10 years ago, I met many a gang member and I spoke out to a great many of them that if they became politically motivated they have the numbers to make a change.
They gangs have to make peace among themselves first,
...I agree, our Gov't has become organized crime on a domestic and international level.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=923085994387447&set=vb.139789856050402&type=2&theater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlY9C6pzxKc

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I think the whole issue here is racial.
It seems like people are just extremely upset that an African-American was shot,
and they're unwilling to listen to the police side of the story.
Too many people seem to be reacting emotionally rather than rationally.

I do think that imposing martial law was necessary,
because people were looting and rioting in the streets.
Order has to be maintained, you can't let people do things like that.
It would be one thing if it were a peaceful demonstration, but the citizens lost control.
A line has to be drawn somewhere.
When people are that angry and out of control,
sometimes violence is the only way to get their attention and make them understand that they have to stop what they're doing.

A lot of people may not like police or the justice system,
particularly more counter-culture types who prefer to "stick it to the man,"
but I think we'd be a lot worse off without it.

MICHAEL BROWN SUFFERED DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER

Michael Brown shop video clearly shows
Michael Brown paying for his cigars.
The slight scuffle was a misunderstanding.
The storekeeper never complained to police, never reported the incident.

'…..When Ferguson police department released Darren Wilson's name,
they also chose to release video footage
which they claimed was of Michael Brown robbing a convenience store for some cigars.
The problem is, the video shows Michael Brown at the register, paying for the cigars.
From observation, it looks as if he had tried to buy more,
but then was unable to afford it,
hence why he left several packets on the counter.
This prompted the store owner to come out from behind the counter
and have a discussion with him,
which prompted the shove witnessed in the full video......'

FERGUSON POLICE BUSTED
– ATTEMPT TO DEFAME SHOOTING VICTIM BLOWS UP IN THEIR FACE (VIDEO)

AUTHOR: NATHANIEL DOWNES 18 AUGUST 2014
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08...son-pd-busted/

'….Words exchanged between man in video and store owner,
were not considered very serious,
because store owner/employees did not report a theft at store.
Stores attorney states,
owners were bewildered
when police approached them
demanding surveillance tapes.

Store owners now afraid of themselves becoming targets,
due to Ferguson PD’s attempt to tie their store to fateful shooting.

A gross abuse of police authority,
one which now puts others at risk.
Even if Michael Brown were a petty thief, this does not excuse the cold-blooded shooting death of the 18-year-old.

Right-wing took robbery claim at face value, began labeling Michael Brown as a ‘thug‘ who did not deserve due process.....'

'...Mike Brown was a teenager
enjoying a few cigars purchased at local store.
Store owners DID NOT claim he stole from them.
Video evidence shows him paying for the cigars found on him.

police attempt to paint Michael Brown as anything but a victim
is a complete and total fraud.

Michael Brown was to start college last Monday,
was preparing to start his own business upon graduation.
Officer Wilson cut short a promising young man
before he could truly get his start in the world.
It is a story so tragic due not to this isolated case,
but for how common this is in America.....'

Marinka

Michael Brown shop video clearly shows
Michael Brown paying for his cigars.
The slight scuffle was a misunderstanding.
The storekeeper never complained to police, never reported the incident.

I did not see what you are referring to in this video at all. I do have to say that I felt that the video was instrumental in my changing my thoughts of what may have happened. I did not see it as any type of misunderstanding going on - "what I saw was very threatening although, I can understand the point of view that others in the same position as the store owner might not have felt threatened".

That's what I'm seeing from the video - others can see something different.

Last edited: