What's the difference between these two?

waybread

The 8th house basically rules the genital organs in medical astrology.

People with a strong 8th house emphasis seem very attuned to the cyclical time of sex-birth-life-death-rebirth.

The 5th house is the house of children, so procreation belongs here. Also sex-for-fun. (Marriage is the 7th house.) So casual love affairs, one-night stands, and probably paying for prostitutes as more of a recreational activity belong here.

helike13

The 8th house basically rules the genital organs in medical astrology.

People with a strong 8th house emphasis seem very attuned to the cyclical time of sex-birth-life-death-rebirth.

The 5th house is the house of children, so procreation belongs here. Also sex-for-fun. (Marriage is the 7th house.) So casual love affairs, one-night stands, and probably paying for prostitutes as more of a recreational activity belong here.

My 7th and 8th house contain no planets.
But 7th house in Capricorn and 8th house in Aquarius. Both ruled by Saturn which is Rx and placed in 5th house conjunct Mars Rx in Scorpio.

How to interpret the connections between my 5th, 7th and 8th house?

Hkk

Account Closed
My 7th and 8th house contain no planets.
But 7th house in Capricorn and 8th house in Aquarius. Both ruled by Saturn which is Rx and placed in 5th house conjunct Mars Rx in Scorpio.

How to interpret the connections between my 5th, 7th and 8th house?

Well according to interpretations you like to have fun sex with a partner who’s a prostitute ?? I’m learning

Osamenor

Staff member
What about serious sex then? Sex for love?

Sex for love is also sex for fun. Only difference is how committed you are to the other person and to continuing your relationship with them. "No strings attached" arrangements would be fifth house, for sure, but sex in the context of a marriage or a deeply committed relationship would still have the fifth house element of enjoyment. (And some people see non-committed sex as still being a form of love. I think you're actually talking about commitment here, committed love?)

I think all sexual acts have both fifth and eighth house in them. The eighth might be looked at more as the underpinnings of a committed partnership. The seventh house is the partnership as it's defined legally and recognized socially: these people are husband and wife, girlfriend and boyfriend, etc. The eighth house is the unseen, more secret side of it: the emotional dynamics, the sexual part of the relationship, the interpersonal chemistry. Also the collective resources: merged finances, things like that.

The eighth house is also the house of taboos. In that respect, prostitution could be considered eighth house, because it's taboo, and usually exists in the shadows. We're not talking about committed relationships in this case, but about the shadow side of sex.

Last edited: