The secrets of the zodiac degrees

CapAquaPis

Are you sure that you are referring to the 29th degree of Aquarius and not the 30th? Just a curiosity is all as many confuse anything it the 30th degree of any sign as to being in the 29th.

In addition, I've an old thread that is titled... well, I forget the exact title..but it is titled as to something about the Mutual Validation of the Sabian Symbols and in which I bring up author Rabbi Dobin's book "Kabbalistic Astrology" ...you might find it of interest as to what you've brought up here?

I'll get back to this thread, hopefully in the next 48 hours, and provide a link.

I just say the cusps of Cancer-Leo and Leo-Virgo, and Capricorn-Aquarius and Aquarius-Pisces, to make it simple for those not highly familiar in astrology.

I wanna make a point on Cancer/Aquarius people (sun and moon combos) are among the nicest, most humanitarian and selfless people I ever known. Virgo/ Aquarius people may be similar, then again it has to do with a strong feminine sun or moon combined with a masculine yet genderfluid one. They are opposite of many Aries/Scorpio people most prone to hostilities, tempers and negative characteristic traits (I know it's a generalization, don't blindly take astrology in this case). In between Cancer and Virgo is Leo, Aquarius' opposite...not sure what a Leo/Aquarius person is like in moral and ethical character and principle.

piercethevale

I just say the cusps of Cancer-Leo and Leo-Virgo, and Capricorn-Aquarius and Aquarius-Pisces, to make it simple for those not highly familiar in astrology.

I wanna make a point on Cancer/Aquarius people (sun and moon combos) are among the nicest, most humanitarian and selfless people I ever known. Virgo/ Aquarius people may be similar, then again it has to do with a strong feminine sun or moon combined with a masculine yet genderfluid one. They are opposite of many Aries/Scorpio people most prone to hostilities, tempers and negative characteristic traits (I know it's a generalization, don't blindly take astrology in this case). In between Cancer and Virgo is Leo, Aquarius' opposite...not sure what a Leo/Aquarius person is like in moral and ethical character and principle.

You do all astrologers...and this is an astrologer's forum,,, a great dis-service by using such nomenclature.
The proper enumeration of the degrees is stated in a sticky at the beginning of this forum.

piercethevale

Your posts are funny. Reminds me of couple other posters who regularly crack me up here.

That's interesting. Can you share or perhaps PM me on how you found "Rudhyar busted Jones for changing things to fit Marc's personal agenda"?

The book is very niche and not on the same level as modern astro cookbooks, which makes the most money. When you are getting into degrees and asteroids, its a tiny, tiny percentage of people who will actually buy. So I don't think a book like that would be worth the time to publish, if one's only purpose is to make money.

Ok. I'll take your word for it. I am probably still going to use that guide, and relate it back to the charts you are hypothesizing and researching, for exploration purpose.

So far, that one still vibe with me the most, but then I've only used it for couple of natal charts, very few degrees. It's making me wonder and suspect now if all or most degree symbolism compilations, have been altered in some areas, to fit agendas.

Rudhyar wrote about his discovery of how Marc changed some of the symbols and for what reason and how He proved it in his book "An Astrological Mandala"
I've written of this in a number of threads, it might take me hours or the better part of a day to find which threads.

I suppose I might have to create a thread entirely about that.
If you'll be patient I'll try to get the text posted here but with the 100 word limitation for using published text at this forum I don't know if I'll be allowed to.

Rudhyar stated in that book that He perceived that something was amiss with the Sabian Symbols which were given to him to study by Jones... as Dane was taking a correspondence course in Astrology due to the urging and encouragement of Annie Besant [Annie was the head honcho of the Theosophists of the West Coast of the USA located in Los Angeles.] While studying the Sabian Symbols Dane was able to perceive that they represented a process of transformation, one step to the next, but that there were a number of them that didn't fit in.
Obviously Marc never even realized that or He wouldn't have changed them.
When Dane found out that Elsie Wheeler, the clairvoyant whom had re-ascertained the symbols, was alive and living in San Diego Dane drove a car down to San Diego from L.A. and made a call upon Elsie.

He introduced himself and asked Elsie if she could remember what she "saw" as to some of the particular degrees of the Zodiac? Elsie replied she could do better than that as she still had the 360 cards upon which Marc had written down the description of what she saw at the time and she let Dane examine them.

Marc was busted,

In the 1940's Dane starts writing for one of the popular monthly astrology magazines and at the rate of three or four symbols a year publishes Elsie's original symbols with His analysis and interpretations.

What this amounted to is that Marc realized He was going to be exposed and after four years of these publications they stopped.

At the rate of three or four symbols a year it would of taken Dane 90 to 120 years to have all the symbols published... so why did He even bother to start?
The answer can only be to pressure Marc. Marc gave Dane his permission to write a book on the Sabian Symbols and also his blessing, i.e. permission, to change or alter, any that Dane saw fit to. and if and when you get a copy of the book Dane wrote you will find that Dane provides the original description of any symbol Dane did alter and explains why. He did a magnificent job of it too as there are a few I would have never recognized as for what they truly represent, the very 30th Degree of Aquarius that CapAquaPis brought up in a post above being one of the foremost and so very important.

About three or four years after Dane ceased publication in that magazine Marc publishes his book on the Sabians and that was in, I think, 1952.

Dane, however, took another 30 years before his book went to publication.

Just as Lao Tzu is reputed to have said that He wished He could live to be 200 years old so as to have more time to study the I Ching before He wrote his treatise I would likely have to assume that Dane felt the same way about the Sabian Symbols.

I assume that the set Marc published in the 1950's are the corrected set and not those He was issuing in his corespondent courses.

Last edited:

piercethevale

A further word about Elias. I noticed He used the term "pierces-the-veil".

Now, gee, why would He have done that?

Ask the Church Lady... Dana Carvey. if you know what I'm talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mePjkQW_c

He obviously has, or had, the intent of claiming to be the reincarnated Parsival as prophesied by Rudolf Steiner and written about and published in English by Trevor Ravenscroft.

I suppose I might as well let the cat out of the bag here.

I recently learned that Trevor Ravenscroft has a son that continues on with a cause in honor of his father and I have written to him and am awaiting a response.

Last edited:

piercethevale

That's the best way you could avoid this questions.

No, that's not the problem. And if you think so, why would I trust your lecture about sabian degree?

Dude, read yourself what you have written.
It makes no sense and the best I can do at trying to translate it leaves but a most ambiguous question.

If you wish to play games might I suggest getting an X Box?

SunConjunctUranus

Dude, read yourself what you have written.
It makes no sense and the best I can do at trying to translate it leaves but a most ambiguous question.

If you wish to play games might I suggest getting an X Box?

Okay then mr... ehm Pierce

how you explain that astrology is real in the life of mankind?

Is that wrong sentence?

piercethevale

To GemwDepth.

I truly hope that you read the initial post to my thread "The Birth Chart of Jesus?" as it will bring you to the "center of the mystery" as Elias put it... and more that that it will let you see that the Sabian Symbols are the key to understanding, to solving, that great mystery.

piercethevale

Okay then mr... ehm Pierce

how you explain that astrology is real in the life of mankind?

Is that wrong sentence?

Just read the initial post of mine in the thread "The Birth Chart of Jesus?" and tell me then if that doesn't explain it?

When you thoroughly examine that chart you can only come to the inevitable conclusion that Jesus/Yeshu'a was everything that chart says that He was.

The Stars, the Planets, etc. were all created by our God and as thus they are the "Will of God" ...and when one lives their life according to their birth chart they are then living in accordance with Gods' Will.

The problem being that the true process of astrological interpretation has been corrupted.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
To GemwDepth. I truly hope that you read the initial post to my thread "The Birth Chart of Jesus?" as it will bring you to the "center of the mystery" as Elias put it... and more that that it will let you see that the Sabian Symbols are the key to understanding, to solving, that great mystery.

I will, as you suggested before. Since that's where you came to your conclusion that Dane Rudhyar's set of degrees, is the most applicable one. It may take some time as I’d want to understand how you got to your conclusions, which naturally means I need to research a lot of new things, I am unfamiliar with as-of-now. At least have a workable grasp of it.

Rudhyar wrote about his discovery of how Marc changed some of the symbols and for what reason and how He proved it in his book "An Astrological Mandala"I've written of this in a number of threads, it might take me hours or the better part of a day to find which threads.
I suppose I might have to create a thread entirely about that. If you'll be patient I'll try to get the text posted here but with the 100 word limitation for using published text at this forum I don't know if I'll be allowed to.

If the 100 word quotation is a problem, you can always PM it to me.

piercethevale

Pierce

Thank you

Only one thing I couldn't agree with you which is you put Pluto on Jesus' ascendant. That's it.
I'll post on your thread when I ready to discussing it.

I seem to need to change the data of the birth of Jesus that you presented to Sidereal

Pluto on the Asc. is the key to the whole thing...as to how I found the chart.

No problemo here with switching to sidereal but just remember The Sabians correspond with the Tropical Zodiac and at a 60' = 60' ration, end to end within each degree of the Tropical Zodiac. They don't move with the Sidereal thus they never overlap from one degree into another... except possibly by natural emanation. i.e. as like how old analog tuner radios will overlap part of a broadcast into the previous or following radio station until it finally fades out altogether. The Signs do but I'm not sure about the Sabians as they are not derived from not are wholly oriented to Astrological sources.

They apply to all cycles found in nature. Every pentagram is a plot to a perfectly written story. Marc Edmond Jones made a pretty good living on the side writing scripts and selling them to Hollywood for some 20 years or so.

Last edited:

piercethevale

I will, as you suggested before. Since that's where you came to your conclusion that Dane Rudhyar's set of degrees, is the most applicable one. It may take some time as I’d want to understand how you got to your conclusions, which naturally means I need to research a lot of new things, I am unfamiliar with as-of-now. At least have a workable grasp of it.

If the 100 word quotation is a problem, you can always PM it to me.

Better than that, i had forgotten, the book is available to read online, all for except one chapter and not essential to a basic understanding.
it's at that mindfire link which I do't have handy.

I have errands to take care of, you'll have to find that link, it is in a number of threads and I think I posted a thread in a forum for recommending web sites...?

piercethevale

I will be offline for a week.
just an fyi ...with apologies to Chrysalis for having become such a disruptive presence in her thread.

Apologetically, ptv