What's the strongest planet in my chart?

Julian

Banned
Hey, people. I wanted to ask which of my planets is basically the strongest or the one that dominates? I did a moments ago a some kind of calculator that said Venus was, being 14%, but I don't really think this is. I do think it plays a bigger role than some planets, but not the greatest

First of all, my sun is on Aries, at my 9th house.

It has a conjunction with Jupiter at 0.42' which makes it expand and have a greater role.

It has a sextile with Uranus, a trine with Pluto and a quintile with Mars. Also I have my north node in Leo. And then, Sagittarius has Pluto alone in the 5th house. Also, it has a trine with Pluto aswell and a quintile with Mars (obviously)

So I think that the Sun and Jupiter are the dominant planets in my chart.

Now, my aspects with Venus are: I have it on the 10th house in Taurus, and I have my moon in libra. Also my moon is opposed to my mid heaven. It has aswell some aspects with other planets, like a square with Uranus. And two other aspects like an opposition to Mars and a sextile with Mercury. Although Mercury is in another house and sign. Mars and Uranus are in houses and signs that aren't specially dominant.

Also, there are a lot of aspects that give me leadership, creativity, and that I love travelling and living abroad.

Overall, I think what really makes my sun and jupiter stand out is their conjunction, more than anything.

And I forgot to say that my ascendant is Cancer, which is related to the moon, but the moon doesn't have many aspects.

my chart: http://imgur.com/KCguUiG

Last edited:

sworm09

Hey, people. I wanted to ask which of my planets is basically the strongest or the one that dominates? I did a moments ago a some kind of calculator that said Venus was, being 14%, but I don't really think this is. I do think it plays a bigger role than some planets, but not the greatest

First of all, my sun is on Aries, at my 9th house.

It has a conjunction with Jupiter at 0.42' which makes it expand and have a greater role.

It has a sextile with Uranus, a trine with Pluto and a quintile with Mars. Also I have my north node in Leo. And then, Sagittarius has Pluto alone in the 5th house. Also, it has a trine with Pluto aswell and a quintile with Mars (obviously)

So I think that the Sun and Jupiter are the dominant planets in my chart.

Now, my aspects with Venus are: I have it on the 10th house in Taurus, and I have my moon in libra. Also my moon is opposed to my mid heaven. It has aswell some aspects with other planets, like a square with Uranus. And two other aspects like an opposition to Mars and a sextile with Mercury. Although Mercury is in another house and sign. Mars and Uranus are in houses and signs that aren't specially dominant.

Also, there are a lot of aspects that give me leadership, creativity, and that I love travelling and living abroad.

Overall, I think what really makes my sun and jupiter stand out is their conjunction, more than anything.

And I forgot to say that my ascendant is Cancer, which is related to the moon, but the moon doesn't have many aspects.

For a question like this you really need to post a chart.

Julian

Banned
For a question like this you really need to post a chart.

Here

KCguUiG

JUPITERASC

Oh okay thanks for the clarification. I didn't know the rising planet has to be in the first house.
That's ok heycutie :smile:
The rising sign
and
the rising planet

are not the same

you may have got confused
because Cancer is the rising sign
and
Moon is ruler of Cancer
so
Moon is ruler of the rising sign

BUT

that does does not make the Moon the rising planet

A planet is considered 'rising' when conjunct Ascendant

and/or

is either just above
or
just below Ascendant

JUPITERASC

I wasn't confused.

It's that I read it somewhere that says
the first planet you encounter when counting counterclockwise
is the rising planet.

Sometimes people have empty first second or third houses.
Sometimes a planet in the 12th close to the asc can serve as the rising planet as well.

That's what I read
. :)
Great - a link to the information that you read would be very useful :smile:

JUPITERASC

That's misleading because the example given for a 'rising planet'
is confused with what is described as the 'first responder' planet

Clearly, in this case the rising planet IS VERY CLOSE TO THE ASCENDANT
and therefore
is in fact 'rising'
because
Aries is a sign of fast ascension
therefore
Jupiter rises within minutes of the birth

BUT

a planet in 3rd house is most definitely NOT close to ascendant
:smile:

firstresponder.png

Jupiter is clearly shown
in this example given on the website you provided a link to
as a first house planet

and

no examples are shown of 'first responder planets in third house'

Julian

Banned
So is it Jupiter, the Moon, the Sun...? I'd consider it to be Jupiter or the Sun. I think they don't have bad aspects at all

Zarathu

Account Closed
The real question is what you think this will do for you.

Knowing the most powerful planet is not going to really assist you except in helping you get started. However, if you PM me your birth data,

I will tell you your three most powerful and three least powerful planets, houses, signs, aspects; and the three highest friction(cause you most grief when you use their energies) and the three lowest friction(seems to just flow when you use their energies) planets, houses, signs, and aspects.

And while this isn't even a beginning analysis of your chart, it will give you something to look at and prioritize.