Please, tell me what you see!!

Howl

Ahah! I have copied someone else and found out how to post a link to my chart :D So this should work:

I've just joined the forum (see the introductions thread to find out a little more about little old me!) and I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about my natal chart (which I have been playing with for a long time).

In particular, I have what I believe are two stelliums, and a kite formation I am very fond of. I am also a twin, which fuels part of my fascination for natal charts. My brother was born 20 minutes later (myself: 8.50pm 10/12/1981 and him: 9.10pm, both in Perth, Western Australia)

If you have any impressions, insights, accusations, questions, please don't hold back :D

liss

wilsontc

Staff member
your chart

lissilu,

In my opinion, the angle between Mars and Moon is too wide to be a trine, so you do not have a kite formation. However, you DO have an Easy Opposition focused on Venus (relationships) and a T-square between the Nodes focused on one of your two stelliums focused in the 4th house (home, also emotions) and the 5th house (self-expression), so you may be emotional in the way you express yourself in some way. There is another stellium focused in the 6th house (daily work) and 5th house (self-expression), indicating you may have some type of routine in how you express yourself. Whatever the case, there is a STRONG focus on self-expression.

What you ALSO have is a fan chart:

From Tracy Marks' "The Art of Chart Interpretation:"

Fan pattern - "All planets but one (or two in close conjunction) are contained within the trine of a bundle pattern...[These one or two conjunct planets] is at least 60 degrees apart from the bundle area and opposes at least one of its planets...uses the handle planet...[(one or two conjunct planets)] as a source of support..."

So you use Gemini (thinking, also talking) modifying Moon (home, also emotions) focused in the 11th house (friends) as a source of support, perhaps indicating that talking with friends about your feelings is a source of support for you.

Giving the basics,

Tim

Arian Maverick

One of the first things I noticed about your natal chart is its emphasis on the Moon--not only is she the ruler of your Cancer Ascendant, but she is the apex planet of your Kite configuration, as well. Indeed, I am tempted to classify your natal chart as a bucket type despite Chiron and the North Node occupying the Moon's side of the chart.

According to a brief description of the Bucket from Parkers' Astrology:

Nine planets are in one half of the chart; the tenth is the bucket's handle, making an anchorage. Usually achievement is more important than the end product. Associated with Sagittarius.

In an introduction of the seven chart types, the authors mention: "When [the charts] are supported by certain prominent signs, however, they spring into sharp focus, and their accuracy is much enhanced."

Since you have your natal Sun in Sagittarius forming a tight conjunction to Mercury, as well as the outer planet Neptune in this sign, I would further research this chart type.

Now that we have established the importance of the Moon in your natal chart, let us conduct a more in-depth study of its sign and house placements as well as its aspects.

Your natal Moon is located the eleventh house in Gemini and makes three major aspects: a trine to your seventh house Venus in Aquarius, a trine to your third house Mars in Virgo, and an opposition to your fifth house Uranus in Sagittarius.

Detailed descriptions of these placements can be found through a basic Google search, so I will not expound about this at length.

Instead, beginning with your natal Moon, I would like to follow the zodiac trail of your chart.

Ascendant = Cancer = Moon = Gemini = Mercury = Sagittarius = Jupiter = Scorpio = Pluto or Mars

Pluto = Libra = Venus = Aquarius = Uranus or Saturn

Uranus = Sagittarius = Back to Jupiter

Saturn = Libra = Back to Venus

Mars = Virgo = Mercury = Back to Sagittarius

This might seem a bit overwhelming at first, but I assure you that the concept is fairly simply. I began with your Ascendant, which is located in the sign of Cancer. Cancer is ruled by the Moon, which is located in the sign of Gemini in your chart. The ruler of Gemini is Mercury, which is located in the sign of Sagittarius. The ruler of Sagittarius is Jupiter, which is located in the sign of Scorpio. The traditional ruler of Pluto is Mars* yet its modern ruler is Pluto**, which is why I continued two seperate trails.

*If you prefer traditional rulership, you would now look to Mars. In your natal chart, Mars is located in the sign of Virgo. The ruler of Virgo is Mercury, which is located in the sign of Sagittarius. Therefore, I believe that Mercury may be one of the final dispositors in your chart, since it is the last planet in the pattern before it is repeated again.

**If you prefer modern rulership, you would now look to Pluto. In your natal chart, Pluto is located in the sign of Libra. The ruler of Libra is Venus, which is located in the sign of Aquarius. The ruler traditional ruler of Aquarius is Saturn yet its modern ruler is Uranus; again I continued with two seperate trails.

I believe that continuing this further would only serve to confuse you, so I have stopped for now. I will post again should I gain the ability to synthesize this information into some cohesive whole :roll:

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

EDIT: I must have posted my reply seconds after Tim, as I had not noticed his reply before now. I recommend that you listen to his astrological advice before mine, as he has much more experience :wink:

Arian Maverick

wilsontc

Staff member
bucket chart

Maverick,

I agree that the Moon singleton in the chart is important. However, this is not a bucket chart. Unfortunately, Parkers' Astrology did a not very good job of describing the bucket chart. Here is the description according to Marion March, another noted astrologer:

Ideally, 9 planets of the Bucket are contained within an angle of 180 degrees or six houses, while the singleton or 10th planet occupies any one of the empty houses, as long as its distance from the other planets is more than a sextile...

In lissilu's chart we notice that 9 planets are contained in a trine, not an opposition. So the first requirement of the bucket chart is not met...so the chart is not a bucket. Since they are contained in a trine and there is an opposition, this meets the requirements of a fan chart.

Explaining the bucket,

Tim

wilsontc

Staff member
energy combinations

lissilu,

To follow up on Maverick's explanation of energy combinations, let me add in a few more details, leaving out the Ascendant (which is a point, not an energy) and traditional rulerships (to keep things simple! ;) ):

Moon is in Gemini (ruled by Mercury)
Mercury is in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)
Jupiter is in Scorpio (ruled by Pluto)
Pluto is in Libra (ruled by Venus)
Venus is in Aquarius (ruled by Uranus)
Uranus is in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)
[Jupiter, Pluto, Venus, Uranus pattern repeats]

This indicates a reception (exchange of energies) between Jupiter, Pluto, Venus, and Uranus,

So far we have looked at Moon, Mercury, Jupiter, Pluto, Venus, and Uranus but have not looked at Sun, Mars, Saturn, or Neptune...so let's do that now!

Sun is in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)...

Mars is in Virgo (ruled my Mercury)
Mercury is in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)

Saturn is in Libra (ruled by Venus)
Pluto is in Libra (ruled by Venus)...
[Venus, Uranus, Jupiter, Pluto pattern repeats]

Neptune is in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter)

Any way you look at it, the energies of Jupiter (expansion, also wisdom), Pluto (transformation, also power), Venus (physical/relationships), and Uranus (friends, also innovation), combine and act together. This could indicate that your friendly relationships can lead to expansive, powerful transformation of your understanding.

This method of looking at energy interactions is called "dispositing".

Looking at energies acting together in a chart,

Tim

Draco

Hi Liss,

In my opinion, the angle between Mars and Moon is too wide to be a trine, so you do not have a kite formation.

To bamboozle you even more, I would consider an orb within a maximum of 9.30 degrees for an aspect between the Moon and Mars, however, like Tim, I would not qualify the Moon and Mars as being in aspect in your chart, albeit for different reasons.

For two planets to be in trine, and yes, here we go again, it is necessary for them to be in the same element. There are four types of trines, Fire, Earth, Air and Water trines. Similarly, there are four types of grand trines, but as you have Mars in Earth and Venus and the Moon in Water, then there cannot be considered to be a grand trine, because you can't have a grand trine which is two thirds Water and one part Earth. A grand trine must needs be within one element, such is the nature of harmony, which is what trines represent.

Therefore, having no grand trine to begin with, then you cannot have a kite. Only the most liberal would consider you to have such.

If you are thoroughly perplexed by such conflicting ideas, you'll get used to it, if you don't already know, astrology is very subjective. That's because astrology is an art, intricately (or not so) tapestried over the skeletal framework of a bit of science.

If you are quite new to astrology, I am sure that between us we have thoroughly confused you no end. lol. :p

Draco. :wink:

Arian Maverick

Ideally, 9 planets of the Bucket are contained within an angle of 180 degrees or six houses, while the singleton or 10th planet occupies any one of the empty houses, as long as its distance from the other planets is more than a sextile...

I appologize for my incorrect interpretation...unfortunately, most books and websites I have come across include very vague descriptions :?

Arian Maverick

Draco

Mav,

most books and websites I have come across include very vague descriptions

This is lamentably very true. Usually when examples are provided to illustrate 'buckets' and 'splays' and 'locomotives', they tend to choose the most obvious examples, when in practice, chart patterns are actually more difficult to identify, not all being so easy to spot as is my own bundle chart.

I find it quite difficult to distiguish between splays and splashes, causing me to wonder whether they should just be considered as one category. Different writers give different ways of distinguishing when a chart is a splay and not a splash. I just call both types 'scattered', some having concentrations in one area or another.

9 planets of the Bucket are contained within an angle of 180 degrees or six houses

This description in itself is vague, when considering buckets, bundles or bowls, then I think that you need to decide whether you are going to make the distinction as to where the grouping is according to the signs or the houses. Personally, I opt for the signs, the houses are too subject to differentiation of size according to times and especially latitudes. So for a bundle, the planets have to occupy an area between signs of the same element, for example. This seems a more orderly way to go about it because the zodiac signs are not subject to continual widening and shrinking in size.

Set your chart for Reykjavik, Iceland, and you'll see what I mean.

Draco :wink:

Arian Maverick

Thanks for the clarification, Draco...I've always found chart types difficult to distinguish myself. Perhaps we should create a new thread to discuss this further! :wink:

Arian Maverick

Howl

Wow guys, thanks for the excellent efforts in interpreting my chart! :mrgreen:
Now I have a moment to sit down and digest what you've written...

Tim - ahhh, I'll miss my kite! I was kinda excited to have one, as they seem to bode good things :D But, a fan chart sounds inspiring too. I had considered the significance of my moon, and read a little about singletons before. My little gemini moon, doing its' own thing all the way over there by itself!!

Arian - thanks for all your detail :p I have looked at the significance of the aspects in my chart, I have a folder full of interpretations (some from astrologyweekly). Actually a way to "bring it all together" is more what will help me at this point, which is what you've offered! I've read about the method before, but wasn't sure how to "apply" or build meaning from it...

Tim - ahah, so I gather the way the energy of these four planets 'bounce' off of eachother describes, in a way, the driving energies in my life. I'm going to enjoy nutting that out and coming up with my own theory of what it means to me :p I'm interested to hear you describe the fourth house as somewhat of a 'home of emotions' because jupiter in my fourth house has never yet made much sense to me.

Hi Draco - lots of new info, yes! But it is very satisfying to have others' help in pulling together the elements of a chart I've been looking at in pieces for so long :wink:

I think I have one specific question from all this: What's an easy opposition (focused on venus)?

and one amusing observation:

This could indicate that your friendly relationships can lead to expansive, powerful transformation of your understanding.
and
So you use Gemini (thinking, also talking) modifying Moon (home, also emotions) focused in the 11th house (friends) as a source of support, perhaps indicating that talking with friends about your feelings is a source of support for you.

My *favourite* activity in all the wide world is to play games of TRUTH, where you get to ask people the burning questions that fascinate you about yourself and hear others answer them honestly, and trustingly. some of my most cherished questions:

What do you lie about?
What's the one thing you're holding back from saying to someone in your life?
What are you ashamed of?
If you could show me one piece of your life from your point of view, what would it be?
What's your favourite thing about you?
What have you ever done that suprised you most?
and to those who know me: if you could give me one piece of advice, what would it be?

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Easy opposition

lissilu,

You asked:
What's an easy opposition (focused on venus)?

An "Easy Opposition" is an aspect pattern which has two planet or planets (or points) in opposition to each other, with one sextile to and the other trine to a third planet or planets (or points). The result is the two opposing planets (or points) focus in on the third planet, making it stonger in its energy. With Venus (relationships) as the planet focused on, this emphasizes a need to "relate" to others.

Focusing easily,

Tim