Are there any go-to Indications of Travel or Unpredictability in the natal chart?

zipadee

Hi,

I'm just curious if you guys know of any aspects, placements and the like that would indicate travel in a native's life or lack thereof. Also, do you know of any placements that could indicate a native whose total life situation and theoretical "cards they've been dealt in life" are prone to change relatively regularly or much more so than normal. Also, any indications of the opposite would be cool too.

Transits that incur such effects would be interesting as well but I guess I'm alluding to the type of chart that might indicate an archetype of someone whose life like is in a constant state of change/unpredictability or the complete opposite archetype of your regular everyday Joe who leads a (not implying boring here but a reliable/consistent) peaceful life.

Pluto is the planet of transformation and is many times pegged as the ultimate trigger behind many dramatic shifts in one's station in life from phoenix to ashes to phoenix and so on, so any allusions to this influence would be interesting, but I also know a lot of people with Scorpionic influences in their chart who undergo their own personal transformations and such, but haven't had truly disconnected dramatic shifts in their lives....as of yet.

Sooooo I'd just like to hear your take on this one :whistling:

Hermeshadesluna

As far as I know, I would say Saturn conjunct Uranus in Saggitarius about the lack of travel or Saturn aspecting 9th house lord. Because Saturn can either restrict or ground. Also about life changes happening more than normal because Saturn does rule Karma. Peace, love and gnosis!

Timmytwothumbs

Hi,

I'm just curious if you guys know of any aspects, placements and the like that would indicate travel in a native's life or lack thereof. Also, do you know of any placements that could indicate a native whose total life situation and theoretical "cards they've been dealt in life" are prone to change relatively regularly or much more so than normal. Also, any indications of the opposite would be cool too.

Transits that incur such effects would be interesting as well but I guess I'm alluding to the type of chart that might indicate an archetype of someone whose life like is in a constant state of change/unpredictability or the complete opposite archetype of your regular everyday Joe who leads a (not implying boring here but a reliable/consistent) peaceful life.

Pluto is the planet of transformation and is many times pegged as the ultimate trigger behind many dramatic shifts in one's station in life from phoenix to ashes to phoenix and so on, so any allusions to this influence would be interesting, but I also know a lot of people with Scorpionic influences in their chart who undergo their own personal transformations and such, but haven't had truly disconnected dramatic shifts in their lives....as of yet.

Sooooo I'd just like to hear your take on this one :whistling:

The moon in a mutable house or sign would reflect a changing home environment. Almost always these people move somewhere different from their place of birth. Jupiter in any connection to the 9th or Saggitarius would cause the native to travel. Maybe even very long distances when planets transit fire signs connected to Jupiter. Pluto in the 4th will cause transformations in the home if the 4th is also an earth sign this will be physically apparent meaning the physical home changes and transforms. If the 4th is in a water sign. It might be the emotions and the metaphysical ideas of home that undergo transformation. If the 4th is a fire sign the energy you bring into your home and how you interact with it will transform. If the 4th is in an air sign how your home environment communicates with you will transform. Now say Saturn is in the 4th but it's also in a mutable sign. The home will go through many changes until the native establishes stability to maintain a permanent home so travel may not be a part of their life but they would be forced to move because Saturn is still teaching them . There are so many things that could indicate travel in different ways but the big ones are moon in mutable and anything with Saggitarius and the 9th house and Jupiter.

ANUP

Dear Friend

No rhyme in astrology.
Simply post your birth details,let me try where the things are getting right.

-Anup
kascorner.com

zipadee

As far as I know, I would say Saturn conjunct Uranus in Saggitarius about the lack of travel or Saturn aspecting 9th house lord. Because Saturn can either restrict or ground. Also about life changes happening more than normal because Saturn does rule Karma. Peace, love and gnosis!

Thanks for this Hermeshadesluna, pretty cool because I looked into one of the random charts I have of people I know and found one guy who's about 30 and I'm pretty sure he's never ventured away from his hometown. I don't have his birthtime, but sure enough his saturn conjuncts uranus...in sagittarius. (Edit: But wait isn't this a generational thing.) As a separate note, (I'm sure this has more to do with the addition of other aspects and placements in his chart) his interests are pretty much the same as when he was in high school, if you strike up conversation with him he mostly just talks about partying back in the day.

The ruler of my 9th house (Mars) quincunxes Saturn at 2 degrees so I'm not sure how it would play out because it might clash with other aspects in my chart. I only say this because I've travelled a lot and had a lot of dramatic changes of home, lifestyle and situation overall. My actual parental home has changed about 5 times, I've lived with 2 other families (that weren't my own, in different houses), been to boarding school, and have gone to about 11 different schools, and am now considering switching colleges mid-degree as well, because of other issues, not really by choice. None of this was due to issues with my parent or anything, just because both of our situations called for it.

The moon in a mutable house or sign would reflect a changing home environment. Almost always these people move somewhere different from their place of birth. Jupiter in any connection to the 9th or Saggitarius would cause the native to travel. Maybe even very long distances when planets transit fire signs connected to Jupiter. Pluto in the 4th will cause transformations in the home if the 4th is also an earth sign this will be physically apparent meaning the physical home changes and transforms. If the 4th is in a water sign. It might be the emotions and the metaphysical ideas of home that undergo transformation. If the 4th is a fire sign the energy you bring into your home and how you interact with it will transform. If the 4th is in an air sign how your home environment communicates with you will transform. Now say Saturn is in the 4th but it's also in a mutable sign. The home will go through many changes until the native establishes stability to maintain a permanent home so travel may not be a part of their life but they would be forced to move because Saturn is still teaching them . There are so many things that could indicate travel in different ways but the big ones are moon in mutable and anything with Saggitarius and the 9th house and Jupiter.

Timmytwothumbs

I asked mostly out of curiosity, to learn about the differences between those that venture out and those that stay consistent at home, also to see if anyone mentioned some of mine.
But wow I gotta say, this is all really, really spot on.

My mom (whose travelled a lot domestically, internationally as well, but loads domestically) has her moon in Virgo in the 6th (she travels for work) and Jupiter (ruler of her 9th) in Virgo in the 7th.

and I'll just post my chart without explanation for Anup, but you've listed the aspects already, this wasn't really to analyse my own chart, I just want to learn astrology in general, in this case the triggers for travel, but at this point I know my chart better than anyone else's.

Thank you Hermeshadesluna, Timmytwothumbs and Anup

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Timmytwothumbs

@zipadee

You have a strong 3rd house which in my observations makes travel out of your control. You may travel at the mercy of others. You do have a mutable moon sign. But it's squared as well by Pluto on Sag which indicates travel as well, it's probably just through other people. My brother and my girlfriend have similar traits to you natally. She moved a lot as a child not long distance but to different towns in her state when her parents lives we're unstable. She has the same exact moon Pluto square as you just a couple degrees earlier I think hers is actually the 0 degree. I have a lot of indications for travel and it's more something that I decide to do. So she's traveled a lot through her association with me. 3 cross country moves since we've met in 2015. My brother. Travels with my mom. She's in the military and moves a lot. But he never decides to move he just stays with her and she moves. He has a strong 3rd as well. So it's indicated here that his travels are at the mercy of others. I have a very active strong Jupiter with many aspects to it natally in the 9th and Saggitarius. And it's squared by my moon in pisces in the 12th house. I've lived in over 25 different houses in 7 different states. And I'm only 22 years old. So I get around. More recently the moves I made are for family and things involving sickness, study, isolation, pretty much what you get if you are to combine the 9th and 12th houses. When I arrive someplace I'm often told by the people I meet that God sent me into their lives and I believe it. I'm always moving and meeting new people and for the most part it's people in the underbelly of society (drug addicts, beggars, etc,) hence 12th house. And usually I feel like I'm there to help and serve others. Now you might experience the opposite. Like my brother does. He doesn't choose to move but he chooses to associate with those that do. And generally those he associates with when he moves are on the higher end of society. And through them his opportunities come. He has Jupiter in the 12th and pisces squaring his moon in gemini in the 3rd house.

zipadee

@zipadee

You have a strong 3rd house which in my observations makes travel out of your control. You may travel at the mercy of others. You do have a mutable moon sign. But it's squared as well by Pluto on Sag which indicates travel as well, it's probably just through other people. My brother and my girlfriend have similar traits to you natally. She moved a lot as a child not long distance but to different towns in her state when her parents lives we're unstable. She has the same exact moon Pluto square as you just a couple degrees earlier I think hers is actually the 0 degree. I have a lot of indications for travel and it's more something that I decide to do. So she's traveled a lot through her association with me. 3 cross country moves since we've met in 2015. My brother. Travels with my mom. She's in the military and moves a lot. But he never decides to move he just stays with her and she moves. He has a strong 3rd as well. So it's indicated here that his travels are at the mercy of others. I have a very active strong Jupiter with many aspects to it natally in the 9th and Saggitarius. And it's squared by my moon in pisces in the 12th house. I've lived in over 25 different houses in 7 different states. And I'm only 22 years old. So I get around. More recently the moves I made are for family and things involving sickness, study, isolation, pretty much what you get if you are to combine the 9th and 12th houses. When I arrive someplace I'm often told by the people I meet that God sent me into their lives and I believe it. I'm always moving and meeting new people and for the most part it's people in the underbelly of society (drug addicts, beggars, etc,) hence 12th house. And usually I feel like I'm there to help and serve others. Now you might experience the opposite. Like my brother does. He doesn't choose to move but he chooses to associate with those that do. And generally those he associates with when he moves are on the higher end of society. And through them his opportunities come. He has Jupiter in the 12th and pisces squaring his moon in gemini in the 3rd house.

Timmytwothumbs

You couldn't be anymore accurate. Most of all the domestic travel I've done (a lot, lot of trips cross country, but not many moves between houses, only one that was cross country) was completely out of my control, it was mostly due to my mom's work. Her occupation pretty much requires that she go to different towns and to different states to stay and work for an unknown range of time somewhere between a few days to over a year. I always go with her, which is why in high school when she had to go to too many different places, I stayed with different families to stay in the same school for a year and ultimately went to boarding school after because it made it easier and she and I really wanted me to go to this cool school overseas.

Yea your brother's and girlfriend's situations sound very, very similar to my own. Wow, 3 cross country moves in 2 years and 25 different houses overall, that's more than once a year for every year of your life :andy:. I don't think I've ever met anybody who's moved between that many houses, just proves the power of Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 9th :sideways: (coupled with the moon). What you said about the 12th house is interesting, kind of like a rogue monk, lol who travels between different strata and communities of society gathering knowledge and experiences.

I have one really interesting friend whose embraced a sort of similar lifestyle, not exactly the same but it wasn't imposed on him either so it reminds me of him, he travelled throughout Central America and Mexico pretty much randomly (staying in places for awhile and then leaving to go to others, he did this for a few years, not sure if he went back and did it again, but probably). He took loads of photos of all the people he got to know along the way.

Actually, that's the major thing that travel has always brought to my attention, is how there are loads and loads of communities and types of people and different groupings of people all over the world, and how it would take all the time in the world to get to know them all.

I've been to 30-something of the states now, I couldn't count how many hotels I've stayed in (not the Hilton haha, but always on a temporary basis, we usually stay in hotels for months at a time for work) and I've gotten the chance to go to countries overseas, this is was mostly by my own choice (I chose to go to university overseas). At boarding school I had a lot of friends from the military and like your brother, I gained a lot of upper class friends and connections. It was a really small school so we all try to keep in contact and still try to have reunions and stuff, like a weird family of peers from school.
I do intend to live on my own in the future and would be interested to see where my life goes after that, since 3rd house indicates travel under the influence of others.

Thanks so much for your comment because I had no idea that the 3rd house could indicate that, and it's one of, if not the strongest house in my chart with all the Mercurial energy.

Lykanized

Since I was a child, I've always wanted to travel. I'm a nomad at heart in many, many ways and I feel I don't have a real home. I feel more like a world citizen. I crave constant change and stimulation, exploring and absorbing myself in various cultures. Exploring their beauty, receiving artistic inspiration, seeing all the natural beauty of Earth as well as its people. A goal of mine is to have as many citizenship as possible and see as many countries as I can before I die. I'd say exploration and world travel is one of the defining characteristics of me

Interestingly, I have a Sagittarius 4th house with my Sagittarius north node, Venus aspects my Jupiter too. I also have a mutable moon sign, Virgo. Not typically associated with change, but I think a lot of people misunderstand Virgo

I do have a very strong Pluto influence in my chart, but I'm not sure that's why I'm such a nomadic spirit, but it's possible. I feel some of it has to do with my Gemini Venus. I also have a strong Uranus influence. Both Pluto and Uranus have major aspects to my Sun

I'm sure there's a multitude of various aspects and houses and signs that could influence desire to travel

Timmytwothumbs

Timmytwothumbs

You couldn't be anymore accurate. Most of all the domestic travel I've done (a lot, lot of trips cross country, but not many moves between houses, only one that was cross country) was completely out of my control, it was mostly due to my mom's work. Her occupation pretty much requires that she go to different towns and to different states to stay and work for an unknown range of time somewhere between a few days to over a year. I always go with her, which is why in high school when she had to go to too many different places, I stayed with different families to stay in the same school for a year and ultimately went to boarding school after because it made it easier and she and I really wanted me to go to this cool school overseas.

Yea your brother's and girlfriend's situations sound very, very similar to my own. Wow, 3 cross country moves in 2 years and 25 different houses overall, that's more than once a year for every year of your life :andy:. I don't think I've ever met anybody who's moved between that many houses, just proves the power of Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 9th :sideways: (coupled with the moon). What you said about the 12th house is interesting, kind of like a rogue monk, lol who travels between different strata and communities of society gathering knowledge and experiences.

I have one really interesting friend whose embraced a sort of similar lifestyle, not exactly the same but it wasn't imposed on him either so it reminds me of him, he travelled throughout Central America and Mexico pretty much randomly (staying in places for awhile and then leaving to go to others, he did this for a few years, not sure if he went back and did it again, but probably). He took loads of photos of all the people he got to know along the way.

Actually, that's the major thing that travel has always brought to my attention, is how there are loads and loads of communities and types of people and different groupings of people all over the world, and how it would take all the time in the world to get to know them all.

I've been to 30-something of the states now, I couldn't count how many hotels I've stayed in (not the Hilton haha, but always on a temporary basis, we usually stay in hotels for months at a time for work) and I've gotten the chance to go to countries overseas, this is was mostly by my own choice (I chose to go to university overseas). At boarding school I had a lot of friends from the military and like your brother, I gained a lot of upper class friends and connections. It was a really small school so we all try to keep in contact and still try to have reunions and stuff, like a weird family of peers from school.
I do intend to live on my own in the future and would be interested to see where my life goes after that, since 3rd house indicates travel under the influence of others.

Thanks so much for your comment because I had no idea that the 3rd house could indicate that, and it's one of, if not the strongest house in my chart with all the Mercurial energy.

I was thinking more on this whole travel thing. And I looked back into my life. I wondered if you saw any of these similarities as well. So the planets involved in the natal shape that I attribute to travel for me are Jupiter square Saturn in mutable signs. My moon is conj Saturn in pisces. My son was born with moon within 15 degrees of Saturn in sag. As was my dad in gemini. As was his dad in virgo. That being said. The moon conj Saturn is what I attribute to my father's side. Interestingly enough if you were to look at our charts through Vedic astrology the moon and Saturn are in the same nakshatra with all of us. I wonder if it's hereditary or rather "genetic". We are all first born son's as well. And the only ones in the family with the moon and Saturn so close. However my grandfather has a Jupiter inconj. Saturn. His home has changed but he hasn't ever travelled abroad or long distance, unless it involved visiting me or my father while we were abroad. My father has Jupiter opposite Saturn. He has been to places that are far more exotic than i during his time in the Navy his travels were just all at once when there were many transits affecting that natal opposition of his. Me and my son both have Saturn square Jupiter. So far all of his travels have been exactly the same as mine because he travels at the mercy of others but guess where his moon and Saturn is? That's right 3rd house. Also interesting. During Saturn in sag (a mutable sign). All 4 of us were in the same city. That has since changed but Saturn moved into a new sign now. Also. I have noticed. Every time Saturn changes in sign as does my home in a huge way. Maybe it's having Saturn in pisces and literally feeling every sign for it's own uniqueness. Kinda how they say pisces is the culmination of the entire zodiac. Jupiter represents the little travels in between the big moves. Sometimes influencing those moves. Since 2010-2011 when Saturn and Jupiter opposed each other Saturn is leading the way with the moves in my life it is also leading the way astrologically. The other major shift happened when Jupiter and Saturn we're conj. In 2001-2002. And Jupiter led the way for a bit. My moves and travels can definitely be categorized in a few different periods of my life with the most extreme and major changes coming under times when Jupiter and Saturn by transit are connected somehow. Especially in mutable signs which I've been lucky enough to experience. The 2001-2002 conj happened in gemini somewhat. And the opposition in 2010 and 2011 was partly in pisces and Virgo. Also interesting. My AC is in aries. Transits to pisces = emphasis on the west, transits to Virgo = emphasis on the east. Transits to sag = emphasis on the north, transits to Gemini = emphasis on the south. I was born under transits to pisces/the west I was born in Hawaii. About as far west as you can get. Pluto in sag brought me to Ohio. Jupiter and Saturn in gemini took me to Texas. Pluto still in sag brought me back to Ohio. Jupiter in pisces took me to california. Jupiter in cancer/ Saturn in scorpio trining my moon took me to Virginia. And for the first time I drove myself there. Saturn in sag brought me back to Ohio. Now this new move is funny it's kind of like a riddle. But Neptune is involved conj my moon in pisces now. And I moved "west" that is West Virginia. Which if you aren't familiar with the lifestyle here it is the epitomy of Neptune in pisces. If I remember correctly I think it was created during Neptune in pisces during the civil war. The people here are abused. Addicted. Isolated. pretty much an entire state where corporate America rules over all and the people are left scraping together what little theyve been given to get by. I have never felt so poor in my life. But it has truly been an eye opening experience.

Last edited:

wan

I'd say a prominent 9th house.

I have my Moon in the 9th, but I am afraid of flying, so I haven't been to too many places. But I really enjoy taking short little day trips.