Moon's angle in Horary House

Senecar

Asc. is Libra 3 degrees and 25 minutes = too early to ask this question?

Oddity

Is the querent inheriting land? It looks like a problem with the inheritance, regardless.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the dream. Was the dream about the inheritance, or was it just that he saw his late father?

Senecar

Yeah - the chart is for horary studies anyway.

I have a chance to study the chart, and compare the readings with the outcome of the situation - so it is good exercise opportunity.

The querent is to inherit land and a house from his late father, but they have feud between the querent's brother and step-mother. They don't agree on their shares, and stopped communicating. Lawyers are consulted.

Last edited:

Senecar

An early Ascendant
shows things haven't developed yet
so it's too early :smile:

Horary Astrology by Anothony Louis says (pp.54), that ASC. same or over 3 degree is fine for radical charts.

So the chart is fine for reading. Chrysalis was right.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Horary Astrology by Anothony Louis says (pp.54), that ASC. same or over 3 degree is fine for radical charts.

So the chart is fine for reading. Chrysalis was right.

Jup has still got a point...but the chart CAN still be read, even a chart at zero degrees something can be read, as long as past aspects have been made in relevance to the question.

Example: "will i get the job ?" asc @ 0,34' and you have not even posted off your resume/cv yet for the job....get my point ;) So the chart can still be read, but the asc is early as you've not actually done anything about the question you've asked.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Horary Astrology by Anothony Louis says (pp.54), that ASC. same or over 3 degree
is fine for radical charts.

So the chart is fine for reading.
Chrysalis was right.
notice you said "is fine for RADICAL charts"
Jup has still got a point...
but the chart CAN still be read, even a chart at zero degrees something
can be read
as long as past aspects have been made
in relevance to the question.

Example: "will i get the job ?" asc @ 0,34'
and you have not even posted off your resume/cv yet for the job
....get my point ;)
So the chart can still be read but the asc is early
as you've not actually done anything about the question you've asked.
Exactly :smile:

Senecar

Anthony Louise says in his book Horary Astrology that once he read a chart with 0 degree asc. and it was accurate.

These rules are only guide lines, he says.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Anthony Louise says in his book Horary Astrology that once he read a chart with 0 degree asc. and it was accurate.

These rules are only guide lines, he says.

Charts can be read and be accurate at any degree, even 0.00000.

Its the hourly ruler you need to be checking.

Chrysalis

You first need to find out the hour ruler, i use an App ive downloaded onto my phone called "Planetary hours", its very easy to use.

Then say for example the planet ruling the Planetary hour is Sun and sun is in Cancer (a Water sign) and Virgo the asc sign, is ( an Earth sign) then basically there's no agreement between the Planetary lord Sun and the ascending sign of Virgo as its earth.

If the Sun was in Taurus (an earth sign), then there would be an agreement between the Planetary hour lord and the rising sign of Virgo, as they're both earth.

IleneK

Premium Member
You first need to find out the hour ruler, i use an App ive downloaded onto my phone called "Planetary hours", its very easy to use.

Then say for example the planet ruling the Planetary hour is Sun and sun is in Cancer (a Water sign) and Virgo the asc sign, is ( an Earth sign) then basically there's no agreement between the Planetary lord Sun and the ascending sign of Virgo as its earth.

If the Sun was in Taurus (an earth sign), then there would be an agreement between the Planetary hour lord and the rising sign of Virgo, as they're both earth.

Here by attachment is a wee bit more about agreement between ruler of the planetary hour and the ascendant.

Attachments

• Planetary Hour agreement and Radicality.pdf
    85 KB · Views: 24

Oddity

Thanks for posting that, Ilene. Also, OP, you mentioned that you recently purchased Bonatti's tractate on horary. Don't let it just sit on the shelf.

Senecar

Great info Iline. cheers.

Yeah, I got Bonatti's book, but next day I got Anthony Louise Book on Horary Astrology too, so reading that the now, which is excellent book also. Not sure if it had mentioned anything about hourly ruler though. Will check it out tonight.

Will get back to Bonatti afterwards.

Last night Louise book was saying there are two schools of Horary Astrology.

One focuses on House cusps, and the other on the Moon.

Senecar

Just checked briefly on Horary Astrology Plain & Simple by Anthony Louise, but it is not mentioning anything about hourly rulerships in the book.

He seems concentrating on House Cusps and placement of planets in there.

But it is a good book for beginner written very clearly. It is also very modern contemporary rather than traditional book, but still refers a lot to Lilly and Bonatti.

JUPITERASC

Just checked briefly on Horary Astrology Plain & Simple by Anthony Louise, but it is not mentioning anything about hourly rulerships in the book.

He seems concentrating on House Cusps and placement of planets in there.

But it is a good book for beginner written very clearly. It is also very modern contemporary rather than traditional book, but still refers a lot to Lilly and Bonatti.
you say you have Bonatti
and so

if you check Bonatti for yourself, you can read what Bonatti actually wrote on radicality :smile:

Senecar

you say you have Bonatti
and so

if you check Bonatti for yourself, you can read what Bonatti actually wrote on radicality :smile:

I did. But Bonatti's Horary book is mostly on practical questions and it is also house based = for example 4th house = questions regarding inheritance, land, property, sales or rent on these = how to read it & come to judgement.

6th house = questions regarding sick person, will he recover from the sickness? questions about slaves etc.

Bonatti seems focusing on Asc's Lord and then Moon's placement on the house.

In the first chapter, he explains how to check radical charts. He talks about the mental status of the querent must be read with a chart before the querent arrives astrologers house for asking readings.

If the chart describes about the querents question or emotional status, then astrologer will cast the real chart for the question. If not, he abstains from doing so.

There is no mention on rulership of planets in Volumne 6 - Bonatti on Harary.