Aspects from transiting planets to other transiting planets?

Hello everyone,

If this is covered elsewhere please point me in the right direction (I tried a search for it first, but am prone to miss stuff).

Just curious what the general thought is regarding aspects made by transiting planets to the other transiting planets. In my mind I would assume it does have an effect, but can't seem to find anything about it.

Any ideas are appreciated! :biggrin:

Zarathu

Account Closed
That probably because everything in astrology related to the natal chart. If you are making aspects to to other transiting aspects then the natal chart doesn't come into the situation at all and thus the person whose chart it is isn't involved.

MissCubyA

I use to watch those aspects and only the stressfull ones showed a personal effect, and the natal houses they transiting through is where it played out 4 me

*emma*

Banned
I use to watch those aspects and only the stressfull ones showed a personal effect, and the natal houses they transiting through is where it played out 4 me

Thats interesting and a new one for me, so without having an orb to any of your planets, just transiting planets going through your houses aspecting other transiting planets, presumably also not hitting your planets, had an effect? My mind will explode at the interpretative possibilities opened

:surprised:

OP, the aspects transiting planets make with each other and the signs they are in are like a general weather forecast, for the world, I think.. they will only affect you personally (or any mundane chart eg for a country) if your personal planets or angles are hit, otherwise everyone in the world would be feeling the same all the time, if you see what I mean

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
Yes thats right, to think transiting planets, when going through your natal houses, have an effect.... Thats insane :surprised:

i never said that...its a fact that astrologers use transiting planets through the houses to give a flavour of what that could mean, but usually they dont interpret transiting planets to that transiting planet as having an effect also...That would mqke a mockery of aspects and orbs, must admit you may have a a point here somewhere though....over to others

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your responses! :smile: I appreciate your interpretations. They've offered a new way of understanding the transits' relation to current events via the natal chart.

JUPITERASC

i never said that...its a fact that astrologers use transiting planets through the houses to give a flavour of what that could mean, but usually they dont interpret transiting planets to that transiting planet as having an effect also...That would mqke a mockery of aspects and orbs, must admit you may have a a point here somewhere though....over to others

Thanks everyone for your responses! :smile: I appreciate your interpretations. They've offered a new way of understanding the transits' relation to current events via the natal chart.

Transiting planets aspects to other transiting aspects are consulted regularly by those who not only use astrology to forecast the weather
but also by those astrologers who cast Horary astrology charts
as well as by any astrologers who advise on and use electional astrology charts :smile:

Obviously, transiting planets in aspect to other transiting aspects are of greater concern/more noticeable and/or important WHEN IN ASPECT WITH AN INDIVIDUAL'S NATAL PLANETS.

However, in the Hierarchy of chart reading, Mundane astrological aspects supersede those of a natal chart.
Mundane astrology is the application of astrology to world affairs and world events and takes its name from the Latin word Mundus

*emma*

Banned
Yes Jupiterasc, but surely, as in natal charts, mundane astrological aspects must affect the points/planets in any national chart?? To create those mundane events? They cant just operate in some vaccuum.

Zarathu

Account Closed
If you want to look at transiting planets to transiting planets, then this is easily done, and very useful.

You simply look at the various solar, lunar, and planetary returns. These are specific charts really based on transits to transits, and because they are based on your natal chart, they are quite valid even without a one to one direct reference to the natal chart. Of course you need to know the aptitudes and base of the natal chart to know how the new challenges in the return will play themselves out in reality.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Yes Jupiterasc, but surely, as in natal charts, mundane astrological aspects must affect the points/planets in any national chart?? To create those mundane events? They cant just operate in some vaccuum.
'….Mundane astrology, studies heavenly cycles of groups/nations and is the most ancient branch of astrology. :smile: Affairs of a nation can be judged from horoscope set up at official inauguration/birth chart of current leader/various phenomena e.g. eclipses, lunations, great conjunctions, stations, comets, ingresses. Among these, ingresses have a traditional reputation as the most important mundane event. The word ingress comes from the Latin ingressus, to 'go in' or 'enter'. The chart of the Aries ingress is drawn for the moment that Sun enters the very first minute of that sign, which is the beginning of a new cycle for Sun....'

'…..A general rule in traditional astrology is, if ascendant of ingress chart is in a moveable (cardinal) sign the chart remains valid for three months only, and it's necessary to draw further charts for Sun's entry into Cancer, Libra, Capricorn. If ascendant is in a common (mutable) sign the chart remains valid for six months, and Sun's ingress into Libra should be used for remaining half of the year. If ascendant is in a fixed sign, however, the chart remains valid for the whole year. As in all mundane work, meanings of planets/houses need adaptation to circumstances of a nation rather than an individual....'

THE SIGNIFICATIONS OF THE PLANETS - The Sun, Moon and planets have a special significance in Mundane Astrology as they represent certain classes of the community in every nation and country http://www.skyscript.co.uk/ingresses.html

*emma*

Banned
Thanks Jupiterasc, but that all went woosh over my head. not to worry. i still dont believe transits to transiting planets with no aspect to a personal chart should mean anything. youre then in the realms of all is one and no individuality which is an unrealistic mgraine to live with imo

JUPITERASC

Thanks Jupiterasc, but that all went woosh over my head. not to worry. i still dont believe transits to transiting planets with no aspect to a personal chart should mean anything. youre then in the realms of all is one and no individuality which is an unrealistic mgraine to live with imo
Remember though that some astrologers forecast the weather using transiting planets aspects to other transiting aspects solely

- and the weather affects us all -

even if weather varies according to location,
nevertheless,
local weather affects all those in that locality in any event
:smile:

JUPITERASC

Remember though that some astrologers forecast the weather using transiting planets aspects to other transiting aspects solely

nevertheless,
Who? and Where? Please provide the reference for this.

Maybe I have the reference too
Astrology can forecast weather - did you not know? :smile:

*emma*

Banned

nevertheless,

but thats the point, it DOES depend on your locality, ie as per a natal chart....or a country chart, there is no such thing as a global weather forecast? You cant have transits of planets up in the air meaning the same for indian summer in the uk and a monsoon or a hurricane in india or the usa lol

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

You said: "some astrologers forecast the weather using transiting planets aspects to other transiting aspects solely". The idiom is "put your money where your mouth is".

I have quite a few volumes on this.
You say you have quite a few volumes on this.

I asked you to tell me where this is written down, since its not a style I am familiar with. I have good friends who make a habit of it, and even know some of the authors personally. I can give you their names and their websites.

You have said you have good friends who make a habit of forecasting weather using astrology and that you can give readers of this thread their names and their websites and yet you have not provided either their names or their websites

So please let me know where you got this information of transits to transits for weather.
You have said you have a few volumes on this, where it must necessarily then have been written down. Therefore you already have this information. Yet you say you need to know the source of this information? :smile:

JUPITERASC

but thats the point, it DOES depend on your locality, ie as per a natal chart....or a country chart, ere is no such thhg as a global weather forecast? You cant have transits of planets up in the air meaning the same for indian summer in the uk and a monsoon or a hurricane in india or the usa lol
Planets in the sky are experienced from different locations by those on planet earth, as you have indicated :smile:

*emma*

Banned
Planets in the sky are experienced from different locations by those on planet earth, as you have indicated :smile:

yes but if those planets dont touch them they dont experience them, maybe they watch them on telly, but yes thats a kind of experience looool

I watch wildlife on telly with monkeys crocs and elephants, giraffes and hyenas etc ii can sense what it may be like but ive never experienced it personally

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

yes but if those planets dont touch them they dont experience them, maybe they watch them on telly, but yes thats a kind of experience looool

I watch wildlife on telly with monkeys crocs and elephants, giraffes and hyenas etc ii can sense what it may be like but ive never experienced it personally
That's interesting...

because of the personal experience of watching a particular program on the telly...

some could be watching the same program - but not all

co-incidence, fate, free will