3 Yods that intertwine to form a pentagram star

rogue_red

This is a very interesting thread. I have one nagging thought in the back of my mind though and i would love for someone to help clear it up. The Quincunx or inconjunct that is used in the formation of a yod is a weak aspect and as such should be calculated using a tight orb of 1deg (as i was taught). Astro.com is renowned for its "wide" orbs, if by using them are we seeing things that arent really there or by using smaller orbs are we missing what is?

Rogue

misskitty

I can't give you a technical answer to your observation rogue, but I hope someone else can.. All I know is that mine are within 2 degress, and things have made more sense since I've discovered the Yod. I believe my Yod was activated by the recent transits to my 7th house Moon, and the fact that the Moon rules the house that the 'finger' is pointing to. :confused:

denah

I too am a libra with 3 yods that form a pentagram in a lantern shape-it is nearly impossible to find any real information on this, but it does seem to me that there is definitely an affinity for spiritual pursuits with this configuration. I think my chart is beautiful and I'm glad to see that the people who share this type of chart share some type of deep spiritual calling; it seems less mysterious to me now.

seagrass

I also have this configuration. A "star of David" with Yods and a Kite and T-square.
astro_2gw_01_seagrass721826696.gif

[deleted chart interpretation request since poster did not give any astrological interpretation and interrupted an existing thread - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

cindystubbs

I have two yods that both point to the Moon.
My Moon is in the eighth house, which I don't understand the meaning of.
Maybe someone could help me.
I know sex, other's money represent the 8th, but what does it mean with Moon?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_cynthia_stubbs_hp_38573_14232.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_cynthia_stubbs_hp_38573_14232.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 75

MidnightxPoison

Hello everyone. I'm glad I found this topic because I, too, have a pentagram shape on my natal chart. First time I saw it I was a bit intimidated but I guess now it only makes sense. I've always been highly spiritual. I'm a pagan and very psychic. I tend to have prophetic dreams. I'm also a light healer. The occult has always intrigued me.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_susanna_hp_54597_8254.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_susanna_hp_54597_8254.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 68

phosphorus

Hi Cosmicpixie!!

Get this!! I'm also your astrological twin!: 19/10/73 00.39 GMT, London.

I've messaged you, but in case for whatever reason it doesn't reach you I'm using the reply option on your brilliant thread!

I'd LOVE LOVE to be in touch with you:kissing:

Sangeeta Freeman near Stroud, Glos!
www.universalretreatcentre.com

Skillcoil

I'm not sure if my chart relates to this thread. There aren't any yods, but I think the shape is there. My chart is in my signature.

StillOne

Well, I'm really new here and am pretty much a novice. However, it seems I share a similarly shaped chart to the OP and maybe a couple of other people here. Let's just say it's very interesting to be here.

Last edited:

millionora

Hi STIILONE...I too have a similar chart to yours..lolol i was born oct 16 1973 in redding, ca..we basically have the same everything except the rising sign..
COool!
Im curious what kind of lifestyly do you lead? what kind of career do you have? and btw we are in the middle of some pretty big transits right now..TPluto opposite natal Saturn and TPluto sq natal Pluto...that only names a few...
ok wishing you Love, light truth
Blessings.

Kenoshamaensa

StillOne pointed me to this thread, so I'm going to post my friend's chart, as he also has this pattern (same basic birth-stretch in October).

I post it in part because he is NOT a spiritual person -- in fact he's about one step from being an atheist. He was raised (German) Catholic, and left the church as a teen/adult, becoming one of the few people in his family to reject faith. He isn't impolite, but he is skeptical of things he can't see, touch, hear, etc. I'll get back to this in a sec. But I once told him about a near-death experience I had because he asked how I could be so certain we had a soul. I told him what had happened, and he listened, but while he seemed interested, it wasn't something he could connect with as he hadn't shared it himself (nor would I try to insist someone accept souls just because I said so). Now, in general, we have the sort of relationship where he listens very closely to and respects my opinions/experience. I seem to occupy a special place in his orbit in terms of trust. But this was a line he simply couldn't cross on "faith" or "trust." Again, he was not the least disrespectful and I've never heard him make fun of others for their beliefs, although I have met far more militant atheists who do. On his FB status, his comment on religion is telling, "No thanks, but you go ahead." :) It's a little tongue-in-cheek, but not vicious.

Now, I say all that as a balance to this as pattern as necessarily tied to a spiritual expression. I might, rather, suggest that it could have a role as bringing together a lot of energy which will either overburden the native with the constant "adjust" of the yod, OR catapult him/her into breakthrough insights if the adjustments can be managed ... and possibly both at different points in the life. I have a yod myself, but not like these. But I will say that yods NEVER seem to be *completely* resolved.

Now, regarding my comment on the fact my friend is a skeptic. I think some of this may owe to the fact he has his Venus-Neptune conjunction in his *first house*. And bless him, he's occasionally completely CLUELESS. I joke about being his "social interpreter" but it never ceases to amaze me how he can miss or overlook things that other people find blindingly obvious. Also, throughout his life, he's told me that he tends to be "caught by surprise" by other people's thoughts about him/feelings for him (especially women). Sometimes he sounds just amazed, other times a tad resentful that he can't SEE it ahead of time. And I think this pattern is fairly consistent throughout his life, which -- combined with his training in critical thinking via both philosophy and history -- makes him adopt a skeptical view in order to avoid being "taken."

Now, a final thought on this pattern. I've never read anything about it before, either, but I have seen it once before in the chart of a talented female (SF) author.

When I first saw it, however, I didn't see a pentagram, but a house. :)

Given that yods create tension that's difficult to balance, and looking at how "hard" aspects work in other cases, let me try comparing this to the T-Square versus the Grand Cross. A T-Square can be more frustrating because it's missing the "balance" of the Grand Cross. In youth, a Grand Cross is tough. But all those squares create a weird balance. Likewise with this one, the triple yod might actually provide some ways to balance it that a single yod is missing (as the possessor of a single yod). The point planet(s) at the apex of the Minor Grand Trine, and the "feet" at the root of the side trines are the propelling factors. A single yod offers only one "east" aspect: the sextile. But this "house" or pentagram offers quite a few. Focus on the sextiles and trines as ways to ease the stress.

Attachments

• natal_dan.jpg
    natal_dan.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 58

StillOne

Thanks for sharing Kenoshamaensa!

I post it in part because he is NOT a spiritual person -- in fact he's about one step from being an atheist. He was raised (German) Catholic, and left the church as a teen/adult, becoming one of the few people in his family to reject faith. He isn't impolite, but he is skeptical of things he can't see, touch, hear, etc. I'll get back to this in a sec. But I once told him about a near-death experience I had because he asked how I could be so certain we had a soul. I told him what had happened, and he listened, but while he seemed interested, it wasn't something he could connect with as he hadn't shared it himself (nor would I try to insist someone accept souls just because I said so). Now, in general, we have the sort of relationship where he listens very closely to and respects my opinions/experience. I seem to occupy a special place in his orbit in terms of trust. But this was a line he simply couldn't cross on "faith" or "trust." Again, he was not the least disrespectful and I've never heard him make fun of others for their beliefs, although I have met far more militant atheists who do. On his FB status, his comment on religion is telling, "No thanks, but you go ahead." :) It's a little tongue-in-cheek, but not vicious..
Very interesting. I used to be Athiest, then Agnostic, now spiritual.

Now, I say all that as a balance to this as pattern as necessarily tied to a spiritual expression. I might, rather, suggest that it could have a role as bringing together a lot of energy which will either overburden the native with the constant "adjust" of the yod, OR catapult him/her into breakthrough insights if the adjustments can be managed ... and possibly both at different points in the life. I have a yod myself, but not like these. But I will say that yods NEVER seem to be *completely* resolved...
I have to agree here and I think it is up to the native on how to deal with their yods. Of course the houses the yods point to and where energies are funneled will have a huge impact on how the native will deal with them. For me it has been a slow awakening which is most likely due to my Moon in the 12th (supposedly the strongest planet in my chart) and is also a boomerang of sorts (wide orb) of what I consider my main yod.

Now, regarding my comment on the fact my friend is a skeptic. I think some of this may owe to the fact he has his Venus-Neptune conjunction in his *first house*. And bless him, he's occasionally completely CLUELESS. I joke about being his "social interpreter" but it never ceases to amaze me how he can miss or overlook things that other people find blindingly obvious. Also, throughout his life, he's told me that he tends to be "caught by surprise" by other people's thoughts about him/feelings for him (especially women). Sometimes he sounds just amazed, other times a tad resentful that he can't SEE it ahead of time. And I think this pattern is fairly consistent throughout his life, which -- combined with his training in critical thinking via both philosophy and history -- makes him adopt a skeptical view in order to avoid being "taken."
The Venus Neptune conjunction is tough. I've struggled with this placement too. Of course it's beautiful, as well, but it tends to lend big rose colored glasses to the native here. To the point where, for me, that my fantasy life has always been very prominent. That has lead to unrealistic expectations in relationships. It's been a constant fantasizing about the ideal relationship for me and the search for it. The trouble being, of course, that it's not attainable and unrealistic. It has been the fantasizing for a perfect relationship and partner. To where once I meet someone they can never, of course, meet my expectations and the relationship crumbles as I begin to fantasize about the ideal once again... Extremely frustrating.

Relationships never felt right to me so I always thought it wasn't the right person that I was together with. Of course the reason they didn't feel right was how I'd built up the expectations in my head how they should be.

So I think for me it has been a bit of a reality check and the realization that this life is about imperfection and embracing that.

In my opinion, it can be very difficult for the native to recognize these patterns since they are involved also with quincunx aspects. The quincunx is not readily apparent and can be reasoned out by the native to be avoided.

Here is where astrology has been tremendously helpful for me. I've been to psychology sessions and they failed to accurately describe this phenomenon. Now I understand the nature more and I'm hoping this realization will allow me to push through this cycle which I consider a karmic challenge. It's about becoming aware of the forces at work.

Now, a final thought on this pattern. I've never read anything about it before, either, but I have seen it once before in the chart of a talented female (SF) author."
I can see that especially if there's the Venus Neptune conjunction. I've always been a fan of Scifi and Fantasy book genres.

When I first saw it, however, I didn't see a pentagram, but a house. :)

Given that yods create tension that's difficult to balance, and looking at how "hard" aspects work in other cases, let me try comparing this to the T-Square versus the Grand Cross. A T-Square can be more frustrating because it's missing the "balance" of the Grand Cross. In youth, a Grand Cross is tough. But all those squares create a weird balance. Likewise with this one, the triple yod might actually provide some ways to balance it that a single yod is missing (as the possessor of a single yod). The point planet(s) at the apex of the Minor Grand Trine, and the "feet" at the root of the side trines are the propelling factors. A single yod offers only one "east" aspect: the sextile. But this "house" or pentagram offers quite a few. Focus on the sextiles and trines as ways to ease the stress.
I've wondered about this too. I've been curious since it's a "contained" structure that there might be a balancing at place. I think, like for most charts, there's huge room to improve and evolve should you explore. In particular explore the yod apexes.

Last edited:

Kenoshamaensa

The Venus Neptune conjunction is tough. I've struggled with this placement too. Of course it's beautiful, as well, but it tends to lend big rose colored glasses to the native here. To the point where, for me, that my fantasy life has always been very prominent. That has lead to unrealistic expectations in relationships. It's been a constant fantasizing about the ideal relationship for me and the search for it. The trouble being, of course, that it's not attainable and unrealistic. It has been the fantasizing for a perfect relationship and partner. To where once I meet someone they can never, of course, meet my expectations and the relationship crumbles as I begin to fantasize about the ideal once again... Extremely frustrating.

Relationships never felt right to me so I always thought it wasn't the right person that I was together with. Of course the reason they didn't feel right was how I'd built up the expectations in my head how they should be.

So I think for me it has been a bit of a reality check and the realization that this life is about imperfection and embracing that.

In my opinion, it can be very difficult for the native to recognize these patterns since they are involved also with quincunx aspects. The quincunx is not readily apparent and can be reasoned out by the native to be avoided.

Here is where astrology has been tremendously helpful for me. I've been to psychology sessions and they failed to accurately describe this phenomenon. Now I understand the nature more and I'm hoping this realization will allow me to push through this cycle which I consider a karmic challenge. It's about becoming aware of the forces at work.

All interesting stuff here. It's hard for me to know what goes on inside his head, in terms of personal fantasy life. He's not sharing. LOL! We do talk about a lot of things, but he's a colleague of mine, as well as a good friend. While he does hit me up a lot of commentary on relationships, as I used to be a therapist (albeit in bereavement, not marriage counseling, but you still learn things broadly), we tend to talk a lot more about our subject (history/philosophy).

I mentioned in the other thread one area where I think I may see the Venus-Neptune manifesting ... in that he says he feels attraction right from the start, or not at all. That points to a certain expectation in his mind that "love" strikes like a bolt of lightning. And while he's old enough now to understand that's attraction/infatuaion/lust, not really *love*, he narrows his possibilities for real love to those for whom he feels that initial attraction. That may make it harder for him to find something that lasts, since Neptune makes things beautiful ... but also obscures reality, as you note. He sees what he wants the person to be, not who they are. Then Saturn intervenes to throw water on it. Or he hits lots of quarrels (Mars) ... or both. And that HAS seemed to be the way his relationships go. He winds up hooking up with women with whom he has a somewhat combatative (or at least competitive) relationship, or women who need him to "take care of" them, practically. His last girlfriend couldn't manage money to save her life. She also had a little girl, and (I think) saw him as a potential way out. And I don't mean that badly. If you've got a kid, you've GOT to think about supporting that child. But once she got into a relationship with him, she found he was a lot more independent than she wanted, and a lot more ... not controlling, but "thrifty." So there were serious problems that only emerged later, obscured by their initial attraction to each other, and by the fact that despite his Scorpio rising, she perceived him (1st house placement) as a sweet, idealistic, kind-hearted guy (which is true enough at one level), but completely MISSED the fact he is a Sun-Uranus free spirit and pinning him down is like pinning down quicksilver. The tighter she tried to hold him, the angrier he got.

He doesn't handle "needy" well ... which is actually something that (imo) he needs to LEARN. His biggest fault is being overly self-involved. He's not intentionally selfish, and can be very generous to friends, but we (his buddies) joke around and say he's often off living in DanLand. :-D If he's not personally interested in something, he often won't pay attention, even when it's a friend. For friendship, it's annoying, but can be ignored. In a close, personal relationship, that becomes deadly. So he HAS to learn to tap into the compassionate side of his Neptune better. He has the *capacity*. I've rarely met someone SO able to remember specific details about even his friends. So when he listens, he LISTENS, and remembers. And that's a beautiful virtue/ability. But when he tunes out, he's off orbiting Mars.

LionLady

Hello ,
I am new here and very happy to have found a forum which has a discussion just for configurations.

I have an interesting pattern on my chart, and so does someone else. I wonder if any of you have come across it before, and whether or not you have, your comments about it would be welcomed.I am an actually as Astrologer myself, so am not looking for a "free" reading. The fact is, that in the 13 years I have worked with Astrology I have NEVER come across single book about the configuration in question and many an internet search over the years has yoilded just one small paragraph about it. It seems totally overlooked.

I have three yods that intertwine perfectly to create a 5 pointed star, contained within a "lantern " shape. I was born 18th october 1973 in Cardiff, Wales,UK at 13-40 pm and am female.
<snip>
I look forward to any and all replies....and for those of you wondering why, as an Astrologer, I need any outside insight, I say to you that it is always tricky to be purely objective about ones own chart and own aspect patterns!

Thanks in advance

I published an article on this in the UK Astrological Quarterly some years ago, and that article is available on my website

http://www.sf-astroformations.org.uk/

Look for the article "A Family of Yods" and the formation called "Satellite Dish" towards the end - Think of the two yods whose points form the base of the third as focussing their energies into the third and then EVERYTHING goes into the central focus point of the third yod.

It might help to read the first article as well - on Astrological Keystones - which Solar Fire incorporated into their software shortly after.

Neither of them is particularly lengthy

:whistling:

JoshuaR

Do you mean like the one i attached?

I came here through google, thanks for opening this topic here.

Attachments

• astrology chart.jpg
    astrology chart.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 51

MJ82

Interesting topic... I once had an astrologer (unpaid, and clearly in the business of manipulation and screwing with peoples' heads) say he had to stop an email reading of my natal because he could see the beginnings of a pentagram forming and felt "bad energy". Nice guy! :lol:

Attachments

• pent.jpg
    pent.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 53

StillOne

Interesting topic... I once had an astrologer (unpaid, and clearly in the business of manipulation and screwing with peoples' heads) say he had to stop an email reading of my natal because he could see the beginnings of a pentagram forming and felt "bad energy". Nice guy! :lol:

Hello MJ, typically asteroids are not used when looking at yods. However, an exception can be made when Chiron is at the apex of the Yod (according to R4ven). I'm not sure about Lilith...

LionLady

There are a number of different formations that can form a five pointed star. The actual (perfect) pentagram itself would be formed by 3 Quintile Yods (2 bi-quins with a quintile base) - see figures 12, 15 and 61 in the formations list on my website - http://www.sf-astroformations.org.uk/. This was actually identified and named the Quintile Star by Michael Meyer. There are maybe ten other less regular pentagramic figures which are formed by intersecting yods, which we have classified as "Aerials or Beacons". All of these can basically be interpreted as two yods whose foci (points) act as the base points for a third. If the three yods are all of the same type - eg Yod/Quintile Yod/Wedge Yod (Thor's Hammer) etc - then the figure is more balanced and therefore possibly stronger than where the third yod is a different type from the two whose points form its base. But basically if you start with the idea that the energy of the two yods whose points form the base is all then refocussed into the third you can see that these figures do have the potential to pack a hell of a punch.
:ninja: