whether chart is a day chart
or a night chart
as well as
the condition and strengh or otherwise of the planet ruling 7th house
the aspects that planet makes
and so on

Bunraku

JA, I am absolutely lost :sad:.

I wish someone could post some resources on Saturn.

What does Saturn signify and represent? :joyful:
His qualities? :ninja:
His nature? :andy:
What are his dignities? :smile:
What do the text say about these topics? :surprised:
What is the 7th house, and how does it relate to climbing and declining :unsure:

Inquiring minds would like to know :rightful:

JUPITERASC

JA, I am absolutely lost
:sad:.
fortunately '....not all who wander are lost......'
flings sturdy lifebelt onto stormy seas of astrological politically correct opinion

I wish someone could post some resources on Saturn.

What does Saturn signify and represent? :joyful:
His qualities? :ninja:
His nature? :andy:
What are his dignities? :smile:
What do the text say about these topics?
:surprised:
Hi Bunraku - Siriusly good you returned from afar :smile:
I'm no expert
however recent new members are well informed
and so
here's some dense SATURNINE gen
that petosiris posted randomly elsewhere
Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part II - Seven Stars​

Saturn completes 2 sidereal cycles and 57 synodic cycles with 59 years.
It has retreating arcs of 7 degrees for 140 days.

Saturn is cooling and moderately drying, malefic, masculine and diurnal. Phainon makes those born under him dark-skinned, robust, black-haired, curly-haired, hairy-chested, and with eyes of moderate size, middling stature, having excess of cold and moist when morning rising, and dark, slender, small, straight-haired, with little bodily hair, rather graceful, black-eyed, having excess of cold and dry when evening rising, and in general, annoying, concealing, avaricious, ignorant, consistent, reserved, petty, malicious, having many anxieties, throwing themselves down, fond of solitude, deceitful, downcast, hypocritical, squalid, clothed in black, deviant, importunate, sullen and miserable. Saturn controls depressions and sluggishness, obstacles in business, interminable lawsuits, subversion of action, secrets, restraints, imprisonment, grief, accusations, tears, being orphaned, captivity, haunting, farmers, gardeners, workers of property, managers, seafaring and waterside trades, tax collectors, the elders, violent action, guardianship, great reputation, notable ranks, lands, administration of that which belongs to others, fathership of the children of others, bachelors, widows, childlessness, violent deaths by water, strangulation, dysentery, falling on the face, injuries and lower respiratory infections, the skeletal system, the lymphatic system and the immune system, building materials like wood and stone, lead, dark colours and astringent tastes. It chronocrator over late old age up to death.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf
What is the 7th house, and how does it relate to
climbing and declining :unsure:
Inquiring minds would like to know
:rightful:
petosiris has elucidated elsewhere - shall find the post

JUPITERASC

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1019579&postcount=10
...............doesn't Saturn sometimes give great wealth and power to nativities,
and doesn't he sometimes cause great afflictions?
Yes, of course, but that has to do with his harmonious
or disharmonious relationship with the planet/angle/lot
through the different aspects and natures of the subjects.
So combining essential and accidental dignity into the same concept does not prevent us from making these distinctions, while I would argue that too much emphasis on the essential dignity could prevent someone making this distinction in the particular cases - for example when it helps rank with trine to the Sun from Aquarius by day, but causes divorce with square to the Moon in a dual sign in a male nativity, Aquarius is not going to help the first and mitigate the latter, I argue that is going to increase and actualize the effects of both.

Powerful Saturn at the nativity does not mean that it will give only very good or very evil at all times (though it certainly can exceed in one direction), if you use the recasting of horoscopes at solar and lunar revolutions, planets change their powers, which allows for differentiation in the chronocratorship. You can't make this important differentiation if you only use primary directions, profections or what have you with the nativity though.

Iced8Ace

Hm IIRC, I think I read that it's a testimony for early death of the spouse. I'll have to look it up. Welcome back, Bun! :)

I have that placement. You might want to look at what house cusps both Aquarius and Capricorn are on as well as the condition of Saturn. That will give you more clues. I have a feminine, peregrine Saturn, in sect in a day chart ruling the 5th and 6th house cusps and falling in the 7th house. Saturn is received and overcome by his ruler, Jupiter in Sag, and is conjunct my moon and Mercury in Pisces. How that's manifested was when the firdaria of Mercury-Saturn was activated, I was overcome with several health issues. Prior to that, I had no serious health problems. The classic Saturn issues of depression, I was battling before that. These issues may also arise in the spouse. Fertility issues related to health could also manifest in the spouse or myself etc.

Generally, you want your malefics cadent if they're troublesome but if in sect, dignified and unharmed, Saturn will give you a serious partner, who will work hard to provide.

JUPITERASC

Hm IIRC, I think I read that it's a testimony for early death of the spouse. I'll have to look it up. Welcome back, Bun! :)

I have that placement. You might want to look at what house cusps both Aquarius and Capricorn are on as well as the condition of Saturn. That will give you more clues. I have a feminine, peregrine Saturn, in sect in a day chart ruling the 5th and 6th house cusps and falling in the 7th house. Saturn is received and overcome by his ruler, Jupiter in Sag, and is conjunct my moon and Mercury in Pisces. How that's manifested was when the firdaria of Mercury-Saturn was activated, I was overcome with several health issues. Prior to that, I had no serious health problems. The classic Saturn issues of depression, I was battling before that. These issues may also arise in the spouse. Fertility issues related to health could also manifest in the spouse or myself etc.

Generally, you want your malefics cadent if they're troublesome
Malefic Saturn JOYS in CADENT 12th :smile:

but if in sect, dignified and unharmed, Saturn will give you
a serious partner, who will work hard to provide.