Would you say these Scorpio descriptors are accurate?

Whoam1

"Tireless, dynamic, energetic, persevering.
Creates best "effects" through novel approaches and surprising intensity. ("**** the torpedoes...")
Loves danger, risk; impulsively or fearlessly tackles any difficult situation. - They "expect the protection of the Gods" (Firmicus).
Impatient.
Barnstorming BOLDNESS & MORAL COURAGE. Abhors apathy in society.
Keen sense of humor.
Iconoclastic in theory but usually more conservative in behavior.
FREEDOM MOTIF dominates them. Claustrophobic.
Hates forced schedules - rarely comfortable in a "9 to 5" routine.
Little interest in theory unless it is immediately practical. Believes in ACTION, not idle dreams. (STATS: Low for Gauquelin scientists.)
Finds strategy more difficult than actual execution of a plan.
Pragmatic, if not iconoclastic, in religion. Conscious of the relevance and natural unity of all Creation, without getting lost in the clouds.
Able to reduce abstract truths, music, philosophical themes into terms understandable to the common person. (Talented teachers.)
Seldom one-track minds. (Integrates several things.)
Keen analytical ability - hidden motives rarely escape their notice. Commonly astute judges of character.
Masterfully thorough.
Won't bother to say things without a specific reason, thus "low profile." Slow to reveal own WEAKNESSES, but collects others' weaknesses.
Corked volcanoes. Ever in a state of "wanna." If immediate expression is denied them, they push tension under the surface where it builds, needing eventual release (and making them irritable).
PHALLIC awareness. Not squeamish in sexual matters.
Scorpio girls are generally tomboys.
In a relationship, gives freely, generously, then expects of partner what they, themselves, have given."

By Jim E.

Last edited:

dr. farr

MY OPINION & EXPERIENCES RE TO THESE GENERALIZATIONS:

Tireless, dynamic, energetic, persevering. OPINION: LARGELY ACCURATE

Creates best "effects" through novel approaches and surprising intensity. ("**** the torpedoes...") :OPINION: PRETTY MUCH SO

Loves danger, risk; impulsively or fearlessly tackles any difficult situation. OPINION: CORRECT

- They "expect the protection of the Gods" (Firmicus). OPINION: MAYBE

Impatient. OPINION: MOSTLY CORRECT

Barnstorming BOLDNESS & MORAL COURAGE. OPINION: INCORRECT

Abhors apathy in society. OPINION: QUESTIONABLE

Keen sense of humor. OPINION: VERY QUESTIONABLE

Iconoclastic in theory but usually more conservative in behavior. OPINION: MOSTLY INCORRECT

FREEDOM MOTIF dominates them. OPINION: MOSTLY CORRECT

Claustrophobic. OPINION: DOUBTFUL

Hates forced schedules - rarely comfortable in a "9 to 5" routine.OPINION: CORRECT

Little interest in theory unless it is immediately practical.OPINION: QUESTIONABLE

Believes in ACTION, not idle dreams. (STATS: Low for Gauquelin scientists.) OPINION: DOUBTFUL

Finds strategy more difficult than actual execution of a plan. OPINION: QUESTIONABLE

Pragmatic, if not iconoclastic, in religion. OPINION: MAYBE

Conscious of the relevance and natural unity of all Creation, without getting lost in the clouds. OPINION: QUESTIONABLE

Able to reduce abstract truths, music, philosophical themes into terms understandable to the common person. (Talented teachers.) OPINION: MAYBE

Seldom one-track minds. (Integrates several things.) OPINION: QUESTIONABLE

Keen analytical ability - hidden motives rarely escape their notice. Commonly astute judges of character. OPINION: SOMEWHAT

Masterfully thorough. OPINION: DOUBTFUL

Won't bother to say things without a specific reason, thus "low profile." OPINION: PRETTY CORRECT

Slow to reveal own WEAKNESSES, but collects others' weaknesses. OPINION: ACCURATE

Corked volcanoes. Ever in a state of "wanna." If immediate expression is denied them, they push tension under the surface where it builds, needing eventual release (and making them irritable). OPINION: ACCURATE

PHALLIC awareness. Not squeamish in sexual matters. OPINION: ACCURATE

Scorpio girls are generally tomboys. OPINION: QUESTIONABLE

In a relationship, gives freely, generously, then expects of partner what they, themselves, have given. OPINION: FAIRLYCORRECT

These are my opinions about the Scorpio generalizations given above.

Last edited:

Whoam1

Ok noted thanks. Humorous I think yes but depending on what planet placement.

Claustrophobic again depending on planet placement, I'm claustrophobic physically and mental and I believe this was gearing toward mental claustrophobia, Scorpios although cam be clingy don't always like other clingy people. This would be something someone noted on observation I believe.

Could you explain the incorrect and largely incorrect opinions please? I'm curious.

dr. farr

By the terms "incorrect" and "largely" (or "mostly") incorrect, I mean that in my opinion and experience the generalizations given are not accurate, or are only somewhat accurate, as KEYNOTE indications regarding the GENERAL qualities of Scorpio.
Certainly ALL of the statements made by the OP in the above post are at least SOMETIMES accurate in a given Scorpio case; my "incorrect" and "largely incorrect" comments refer ONLY to the given statement as being a KEYNOTE generalization for Scorpio (in my opinion and experience)

Whoam1

By the terms "incorrect" and "largely" (or "mostly") incorrect, I mean that in my opinion and experience the generalizations given are not accurate, or are only somewhat accurate, as KEYNOTE indications regarding the GENERAL qualities of Scorpio.
Certainly ALL of the statements made by the OP in the above post are at least SOMETIMES accurate in a given Scorpio case; my "incorrect" and "largely incorrect" comments refer ONLY to the given statement as being a KEYNOTE generalization for Scorpio (in my opinion and experience)

Oh ok. Interesting. I'm not arguing for or against you btw.

Whoam1

Note that I am very eclectic in my approach, and that many of my opinions and practices are quite unorthodox.

I'm not exactly what one would call a convential thinker. My opinions aren't exactly at the forefront of astrology. Calling people by there dominant planet and it's sign for example is something I would do rather than assume that everyone is there sun sign. Or that domicile planets seem to carry more weight than the exalted planets (speaking from looking at planets even in my own chart), in fact there are times when I completely doubt exaltation all together.

Abby83

"Tireless, dynamic, energetic, persevering.
Creates best "effects" through novel approaches and surprising intensity. ("**** the torpedoes...")
Loves danger, risk; impulsively or fearlessly tackles any difficult situation. - They "expect the protection of the Gods" (Firmicus).
Impatient.
Barnstorming BOLDNESS & MORAL COURAGE. Abhors apathy in society.
Keen sense of humor.
Iconoclastic in theory but usually more conservative in behavior.
FREEDOM MOTIF dominates them. Claustrophobic.
Hates forced schedules - rarely comfortable in a "9 to 5" routine.
Little interest in theory unless it is immediately practical. Believes in ACTION, not idle dreams. (STATS: Low for Gauquelin scientists.)
Finds strategy more difficult than actual execution of a plan.
Pragmatic, if not iconoclastic, in religion. Conscious of the relevance and natural unity of all Creation, without getting lost in the clouds.
Able to reduce abstract truths, music, philosophical themes into terms understandable to the common person. (Talented teachers.)
Seldom one-track minds. (Integrates several things.)
Keen analytical ability - hidden motives rarely escape their notice. Commonly astute judges of character.
Masterfully thorough.
Won't bother to say things without a specific reason, thus "low profile." Slow to reveal own WEAKNESSES, but collects others' weaknesses.
Corked volcanoes. Ever in a state of "wanna." If immediate expression is denied them, they push tension under the surface where it builds, needing eventual release (and making them irritable).
PHALLIC awareness. Not squeamish in sexual matters.
Scorpio girls are generally tomboys.
In a relationship, gives freely, generously, then expects of partner what they, themselves, have given."

By Jim E.

Well this would describe my son.

Whoam1

Well this would describe my son.

They all but a few discribe me. I have 2 critical degree planets in Scorpio (both personal planets one of which is the fist planet to rise in my natal chart and my highest degree planet) also Pluto and Chiron in Scorpio.

These are descriptions made by a fellow sidereal astrologer btw.

Lykanized

I've mentioned I'm pretty much surrounded by Scorpio moons and suns so I'm gonna try to give some insight when I'm at a computer

Chrysalis

TMI.

Only these i can relate to.
Loves danger, risk; impulsively or fearlessly tackles any difficult situation.

Won't bother to say things without a specific reason, thus "low profile."
Slow to reveal own WEAKNESSES, but collects others' weaknesses.

Last edited:

Lykanized

This is my experience with two Scorpio suns and two Scorpio moons. One of those Scorpio suns, my sister, also has a 5 planet stellium. My other sister is 11 and has a Scorpio ascendant, but I'm not gonna talk about her

Tireless, energetic, dynamic and persevering sounds more like cardinal energy tbqh. The only one who fits that is my sister who also has a Cap rising and a Cap rising and Aries moon. Novel approaches and surprising intensity? Not particularly. None of them really approach things in novel ways nor do they have a special amount of intensity. My sister is quite intense. My mom is too. My uncle is in his own way. But my dad really isn't at all. None of them really approach things in novel ways except my mom and uncle, but I don't think it has anything to do with their Scorpio. My uncle is bipolar schizophrenic and my mom has her own issues. High creativity tends to follow. None of them seem to love danger or risk, quite the opposite in fact. They are quite bold and of course stubborn. Keen sense of humor is debateable... my mom and uncle have a great sense of humor although my uncle's usually in a horrible mood so doesn't show it. my sister rarely jokes, but when she is in the mood, she's quite funny. My dad makes dad jokes about dad jokes which are funny in their own way. Iconoclasm varies. I suspect it isn't about the Scorpionic energy either. my mom and sister are quite iconoclastic. My dad isn't. My uncle isn't. Hates routine and needs freedom? I haven't noticed that trait in any of my Scorpionic family members. In fact I'm the one out of all of them who can't deal with routine and needs freedom. Some of them actually thrive on routine. My sister in particular has mentioned she envies my way of approaching things in a freewielding fashion. I would say they perhaps like to create their own routine. I do notice a pragmatism in them in general, not just in approaching religion. I'm not sure about the action orientation one. They don't seem to be idle nor action oriented. My sister would be the most action oriented but again I think that's the Capricorn. Little interest in theory unless it's practical..I can see that in my dad and sister. My mom is more of a right brain thinker so I don't think that applies to her. I'm not sure about being multitrack minded. They don't strike me as going in either direction, although need to be thorough would seem to run contrary to being multitrack minded and all of them, except my uncle, are pretty focused and thorough people. My mom is the only one I'd say is a very good judge of people. My sister enjoys studying people and is very analytical, but she tends to miss a lot. She just enjoys observing. She is very very much abhorant of manipulation, tho.My sister fits the secretiveness, not revealing much about herself or her weaknesses, altho because I'm observant myself, I can tell them mwuahahaha.My sister also fits the corked volcano characterization and she's very moody. She's not a tomboy nor a girly girl. Throughout her life, she's tried on various images and at this point doesn't give **** all about gender. My mom's always been rather girly but at this point considers herself more in the middle
Phallic awareness... My sister will go on and on about sex on an intellectual level, but only if she has a wine cooler in her

They're all very different people. Two of them are Virgo suns with Scorpio moons and two are Scorpio suns. All in all, yes very thorough people, very much into depth not superficiality, rather introverted. Not risktakers or danger seekers nor are they obsessed with sex. Not as intense as you'd think, but have a good work ethic. Not particularly seeking of freedom and not particularly iconoclastic, but seems to be a tendency to want to do things their own way. Can function well under routine, tho. There's marked pragmatism. Stubborn stubborn stubborn

That was all a bit of a mess. I have trouble seeing them all as having much commonality despite all being very Scorpionic. I think Scorpio is quite misunderstood. It's fixed water, I think that says a lot. So there's not so much iconoclasm as their is sticking to their own ways. And there is a definite emotional depth. They do have their own minds and ideas, but tend to be set in their thoughts. Some of what you wrote sounds more cardinal than fixed. They generally don't seem to care what people think, at least it seems that way. So they are individuals, again generally speaking at least, but they're also quite safe in how they approach life. They aren't people to lie to others just to make people feel good, not because I think they're malicious, but they're just not into lying. That's something I like about them. Iconoclasm and daring and energy would all be more cardinal

Scorpio mars I think can be very daring, tho. Very energetic and focused on attaining what one wants. That's my mom. She instilled those thoughts in me, but I suppose they'd only reign for me if I had those traits in myself as well, she just helped me develop them

Last edited: