Does the missing Element in chart always seek completion?

Blackempress

My chart strongly misses Earth & fire. I have external planets in fire otherwise am strongly air or water.
I'd been pondering about this LACK being a dominant trait amongst the ppl I select, means that I SEEK those who fulfil these elements. Most of my companions are Aries, followed by Sagittarius & Libra. I find Capricorn & Virgo men very attractive.

Is this part of our psyche to seek completion of the elements we don't have or is it a personal coincidence?

mdinaz

My chart strongly misses Earth & fire. I have external planets in fire otherwise am strongly air or water.
I'd been pondering about this LACK being a dominant trait amongst the ppl I select, means that I SEEK those who fulfil these elements. Most of my companions are Aries, followed by Sagittarius & Libra. I find Capricorn & Virgo men very attractive.

Is this part of our psyche to seek completion of the elements we don't have or is it a personal coincidence?

I have earth rising and 3 planets in earth signs but both ex-wives were Capricorns, so I don't think your theory is true. Most other relationships were water or earth Suns/Moons also and I have several water planets.

miquar

Hi. I think that it varies from person to person. Some people are drawn to others who match their own charts, and therefore lack the same elements, but some people are drawn to others who are different. I guess it depends partly on whether the person is envious of those who are different - in other words whether they see the lack as a lack. Liz Greene notes that people are more likely to look for others who exemplify the missing element(s) in the second half of life. So there is a suggestion that people tend to get to grips with what they know best, and then start branching out.

With an air water emphasis (and also with a fire earth emphasis) there is an inherent tension between the two emphasised elements, and this can preoccupy the person for a long time because one element is often identified with and the other projected powerfully onto others. This can set set the scene for a lifetime of relating. But it seems that perhaps this doesn't apply to you.

If you have planets in Gemini, Cancer and Pisces, then this could explain why you are attracted to the opposite signs of Sagittarius, Capricorn and Virgo.

Another thing that springs to mind is that perhaps your father was strong in some of these signs, even though this did not show up especially strongly in the 'father significators' of your own chart. Or perhaps it did show up as something like a Sagittarian IC.

dr. farr

Nature seeks equilibrium (balance)-ideally there would be a balance of all 4 elements; I do believe that a driving force (within the subtle energy field) of each living being, is toward the ideal of equilibrium (balance, "completion") of the elemental foundation of that being.

missnightowl24

I would think so, since life is all about balance and complimenting each other...I for example lack the element fire in my chart and I HATE it!!!! I have a few asteroids in fire sign placements and I think a few houses with fire signs in them, but it's not enough for me...earth is my strongest element, followed by air then water...I think....but anyway, I know for me, I would love to meet people that have some fire in them, enough to make me feel alive & bring passion to me...but to each there own really! In the time that I've dated, I've only had two insanely intense attrations to two men, both who were capricorns! lol....but what do you feel is the reason that you find the signs you listed attractive? there is no right or wrong answer, whatever floats your boat should be enough to make you happy. you could also be seeking certain things subconsciously too.

mdinaz

I would think so, since life is all about balance and complimenting each other...I for example lack the element fire in my chart and I HATE it!!!! I have a few asteroids in fire sign placements and I think a few houses with fire signs in them, but it's not enough for me...earth is my strongest element, followed by air then water...I think....but anyway, I know for me, I would love to meet people that have some fire in them, enough to make me feel alive & bring passion to me...but to each there own really! In the time that I've dated, I've only had two insanely intense attrations to two men, both who were capricorns! lol....but what do you feel is the reason that you find the signs you listed attractive? there is no right or wrong answer, whatever floats your boat should be enough to make you happy. you could also be seeking certain things subconsciously too.

While balance sounds like the ideal, a lot of people don't seek balance - they seek excitement, or familiarity or whatever else makes them feel good. I have a lot of air and earth in my chart, yet I don't think I've ever dated an air sign, but have been with lots of earthy people. I also get along great with fire signs because my Moon is in Leo and Sun is in Gemini - but I require the earth signs for stability and practicality even though I have plenty of my own.

Blackempress

I have earth rising and 3 planets in earth signs but both ex-wives were Capricorns, so I don't think your theory is true. Most other relationships were water or earth Suns/Moons also and I have several water planets.

Your chart overall can displace a lot of things. I suppose it depends where your personal planets are falling as well. For me, by Placidus my Mars/Moon in Libra fall into 7th which automatically means that I project my Fiery energy outside. I was highlighting the Sun Sign mainly. It gets complicated to analyse relationships if it's planet-wise.

With an air water emphasis (and also with a fire earth emphasis) there is an inherent tension between the two emphasised elements, and this can preoccupy the person for a long time because one element is often identified with and the other projected powerfully onto others. This can set set the scene for a lifetime of relating. But it seems that perhaps this doesn't apply to you.

If you have planets in Gemini, Cancer and Pisces, then this could explain why you are attracted to the opposite signs of Sagittarius, Capricorn and Virgo.

Another thing that springs to mind is that perhaps your father was strong in some of these signs, even though this did not show up especially strongly in the 'father significators' of your own chart. Or perhaps it did show up as something like a Sagittarian IC.

Always one of my favorite members because you look beyond the superficial. I like the points you made on Gemini, Pisces, Cancer & the complimentary opposites indeed does ring true. I didn't notice that feature till now. The lineage of Aries perhaps might be explained by the heavy Libran Focus of my chart which would complete the Complementary series.

Saggitarius falls on my MC... think that's rightful dad-position if I remember correctly.

You've given astrology interpretation a new dimension. :w00t:
Thanks so much! Love having your input!

No.

I have the least amount of air in my chart. Though I do have my North node in Gemini, my IC in Libra and my Descendant in Aquarius. Plus most of my most important asteroids like Hygeia, Vesta and Juno are in air signs. Plus the airy planets Mercury and Uranus are 2 of the strongest in my chart. So despite the lack of planets in air signs in my chart I wouldn't say there is a lack of the element in my chart.

I'll admit there is generally a very strong physical attraction. But that's where it ends. I prefer watery ladies the best and water is my 2nd strongest element, just slightly below fire.

Fire-would find Air attractive. It's rather interesting that you would select a watery type. In my personal experience, I only get along with Fiery types if they have water elements very dominant otherwise I feel like I douse their flames out.

I'm not a big fan of asteroids, so I over-look them. I'm sure I wouldn't be lacking any element if I should use those. But as stated earlier, perhaps we attract according to our projection areas or the more prominent Moon/Mars.

Nature seeks equilibrium (balance)-ideally there would be a balance of all 4 elements; I do believe that a driving force (within the subtle energy field) of each living being, is toward the ideal of equilibrium (balance, "completion") of the elemental foundation of that being.

I would certainly agree, especially with my Libran dominance that the universe seeks balance. Thank You for completing this thread so beautifully.