Sexual attraction - the role of Venus and Mars aspects.

wayne penner

Sexual attraction between two people is very complex, but Venus and Mars certainly play a big part.

I wondered if anyone else had thoughts on this.

I have noticed that the strongest sexual attraction between two people is Venus in one chart conjunction to the Mars in the other, along with considerable sexual tension. Aspects are also important so that Mars in one in trine to Venus in the other is also highly attractive to both. Mars in one in square to Venus in the other also has strong attraction, but it becomes out of sync and arguments and emotional misunderstandings easily occur.

People with Venus and Mars in conjunction will be enormously attracted to those with the same position. A good example is David Beckham and Posh, both of whom have natal Mars Venus conjunctions close to one another. A lot of people, especially in England, scratch their heads over those two, but there is no doubt that in private they rock …

Mars in one conjunct Mars in the other is also attractive to both, with some likelihood of competitiveness and quarrelling. Venus in one conjunct Venus in the other is a friend, as Venus is a passive influence mostly. If the Sun is involved there is often a deep sense of affection. Though there are couples who are highly attracted to one another who seem to love nothing more than to continually argue and fight … they will often share strong mutual Mars aspects. One of the happiest marriages I know of the couple have Mars square Mars. They fight continually, argue in public and are always causing “scenes”, but they always go home together.

Venus in any aspect to Mars (or Uranus or Pluto) in the natal chart makes one “sexy” and attracts people with similar aspects.

I don’t know if this applies to gay couples as I do not have enough examples.

So if you meet someone who has Mars on your Venus, or Venus on your Mars, watch out …

cjc

Hi, Wayne,

If I can offer my 2c, I've found that the women I've had the best sexual relations with had their Venus in aspect to my Uranus....

On another front, I can agree with the Ve/Ma conjunction theory as I treat astrology as 90% transits. If a couple has this synastry (Ve/Ma conjunct), these two planets will have the same transits simultaneously, and the individuals involved will will have simultaneous highs and lows and always be on the same page.

Along the same lines, can you imagine bad transits to a Ma/Ma conjunction?

c

Moulin

Hi Wayne,

Interesting thread, thanks :)

I think Venus/Mars is really important too. With a s/o l have the following sexy aspects and let's just say the attraction is unbelievably intense!!!

his sun trine my venus
his mars trine my venus
his mars square my mars
his venus conjunct my uranus
his venus exact conjunct my eros
my mars semi square his venus
my sun quincunx his venus
my mars trine his pluto

I think the venus/uranus aspect is strong yet unstable. He also has a close venus/uranus conjunct so my uranus is conjunct his natal venus/uranus conjunct - pretty electrifying l tell you.

Anyone else have this aspect configuration?

Venus/mars is the classic though, l agree. :)

wayne penner

c, yes I think that Uranus to Venus (or Mars) always causes fascination, as does Pluto.

Uranus is by definition unpredictable however and can just as easily cause repulsion, and Venus/Uranus relationships are always likely to be broken off abruptly and without warning, and sometimes without explanation. This is also true of people born with Venus in square or opposition Uranus, as these people often can be unreasonable.

One good lady-friend has Venus conjunct Uranus, both square Saturn. She is forever getting into deep entanglements with guys that are deep and meaningful and the next thing you know is she's thrown him out on his ear ... I love her dearly as a friend but wouldn't dare go near that conjunction other than as a friend.

wayne penner

Moulin said:
Hi Wayne,

Interesting thread, thanks :)

I think Venus/Mars is really important too. With a s/o l have the following sexy aspects and let's just say the attraction is unbelievably intense!!!

his sun trine my venus
his mars trine my venus
his mars square my mars
his venus conjunct my uranus
his venus exact conjunct my eros
my mars semi square his venus
my sun quincunx his venus
my mars trine his pluto

I think the venus/uranus aspect is strong yet unstable. He also has a close venus/uranus conjunct so my uranus is conjunct his natal venus/uranus conjunct - pretty electrifying l tell you.

Anyone else have this aspect configuration?

Venus/mars is the classic though, l agree. :)

Um, yeah well what can I say!

Those with Venus conjunct any of the generational planets of course have lots of experiences as they meet people of their generation whose own outer planets conjoin their Venus.

watchman512

Evening Enlightened Ones.

I Found this article at cafeastrologer
Indications of Sexual Attraction:

When somebody's Mars falls in your 5th house, heart-pounding reactions and strong romantic/sexual desires and crushes can be activated. You WANT each other, although the attraction may not last long unless there are other stable aspects and positions in your synastry.
When somebody's Mars falls in your 8th house, that person inspires deep sexual urges and physical desires in you.
A conjunction of someone's Mars to any angle (that is, the Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven-10th cusp, or IC - 4th cusp) in your natal chart will pull out gut reactions and intensity of desire--although the feelings can go either way.
Mars-Sun conjunctions, squares, and oppositions usually inspire a need to make the relationship physical and generate a sort of "buzz" of energy between the two people involved. Trines generate some physical attraction, but of a more pleasant kind.
Venus-Mars conjunctions and squares can inspire quite a bit of fuss and sexual interest, while Venus-Mars sextiles and trines offer a more pleasing, less in-your-face attraction.
Venus-Pluto conjunctions, squares, and oppositions are one of the most potent cross-aspects for sexual and emotional attraction. Although both people are generally attracted to each other, it is the Venus person who is the most enthralled and even obsessed with Pluto—Venus is consumed with the attraction. Ultimately, it is the Pluto person who has the upper hand in terms of whether the relationship is going to endure.
Moon-Mars aspects can generate strong feelings that are often both physical and emotional at once, with the Mars person involved taking most of the initiative in the relationship, which can be very attractive to the Moon person (at least at the outset of the relationship).
Venus-Uranus conjunctions and squares can generate so much interest to the point of enthrallment, and often result in sexual activity between people before they know each other well. This can be a confusing and destabilizing contact in the long term, but these aspects generally inspire initial attraction. When these relationships last, the Uranus person is often seen as inconstant by the Venus person and there can be many ups and downs.
Mars-Pluto conjunctions and squares are often powerful indicators of initial attraction and sexual intrigue. Trines don't necessarily draw people together, but once together, they are some of the most powerfully sexual aspects between two charts.
Ascendant-Ascendant conjunctions, sextiles, and trines, while not as strong as the indicators above, give a pleasing sense of physical harmony.
When someone's 8th house planet or ruler of their 8th house forms a strong aspect with one or more of your planets, you are likely to ignite passion in that person.
The asteroid Eros plays a role in sexual attraction as well. Most potent are Eros-Venus, Eros-Ascendant, Eros-Psyche, and Eros-Mars links. Conjunctions, oppositions, and trines are best.

undertoad

wayne penner said:
c, yes I think that Uranus to Venus (or Mars) always causes fascination, as does Pluto.

Uranus is by definition unpredictable however and can just as easily cause repulsion, and Venus/Uranus relationships are always likely to be broken off abruptly and without warning, and sometimes without explanation. This is also true of people born with Venus in square or opposition Uranus, as these people often can be unreasonable.

You can say that again about Uranus! One relationship of mine shows Uranus and Pluto conjunct in the composite chart, both in opposition to Venus. Absolutely unpredictable relationship, and yet it affected me more than any other relationship has. And it broke up abruptly.

Very interesting thread.

Does anyone have any experience of Mars and Venus inconjunct? My intuition, based not on a relationship but on a transit a couple of weeks ago (Mars inconjunct Venus, exactly on a natal Yod - Mars on Sun, Venus on Juptier/Neptune) is that this aspect would give a disconnected nature to the relationship - maybe even the lack of a relationship at all at some level. In terms of initial attraction, perhaps people with this aspect wouldn't even find each other of any interest - and so astrologers would never be asked to interpret charts for them in common!

Neptune Rising

undertoad said:
Does anyone have any experience of Mars and Venus inconjunct?

yep! there was a fasinaction that never really manifested. His Mars inconjunct my Venus. We both could feel this as well. it was a feeling of like, never quite getting there, almost but not quite. the fascination was there from the start though, and still is to an extent. But that could be his Venus trine my Pluto.

NR

smilingsteph

Yeah both birthcharts....hard to get when the other one does not know the birthtime, or their mother says "oh around 2pm" What does that mean!
Go to astro.com and make a free profile then go to synastry charts....I am going to see about mine and a crush!

archergirl

Mr. Archergirl and I have opposing Venuses and opposing Marses. [Marses?:rolleyes: ]. I read in some aspect book that whilst this can make sexual attraction very compelling, we are just as likely to end up on opposite ends of the sofa than in bed. Fairly true, I would say, especially after 13 years of marriage.:p

The most 'het up' I have ever felt for someone was with a bloke whose Moon conjuncted my Mars, his Sun conjuncted my Moon, and our Venuses:rolleyes: were trined. Hot, hot, hot. As befitting a Mars/Moon conjunction, I really burned for him. A little too hotly, I think.:D

AG:)

smilingsteph

I had a venus conjunct mercury relationship.....very sexually attracted to him....passionate! Instant attraction...
AG:
could it be that the passion is there, but it is hard to get started?
I had with this guy my venus and mars in taurus, and his mars was in taurus and venus in libra....he kept thinking about doing fun things if you know what I mean, but overthinking combined with the slow to heat up taurus, made things cool off fast, ending up with no fun at the end of the night....couldnt wait to see him, but then it seemed to fussy to even engage in the act...but when it was time to get into the act, it lasted for hours....like the foreplay and stuff...
Okay TMI....
Pluto involved can make for a very intense, passion, with control...had his pluto conjunct my venus...he had to take control...

flea

I have a friend of the opposite sex my venus conjnucts their mars, and my sun is not far from their mars.... yet it is very platonic. I think my mars trine pluto/uranus needs to be aspected for me to get hot under the collar so to speak lol. Also the venus conj mars is in aquarius so that may focus it more on friendship.

My mars is also in the 8th... so I wonder the house in which these aspects occur as well as the sign can be important.

Love Light Flea

Hey

Banned
Um, not really.
I know someone whose Mars conjuncts my Venus; my Saturn conjuncts his Mars. No feeling there. None.

redwolf481

wayne penner said:
Um, yeah well what can I say!

Those with Venus conjunct any of the generational planets of course have lots of experiences as they meet people of their generation whose own outer planets conjoin their Venus.

I am a gemini with libra rising and venus in taurus in the 8th(at the end of the 7th house) opposite pluto in scorpio in the first and I have mars in cancer

2 years ago I met a girl who worked at a bar with a friend of mine she was a cocktail waitress in school....when I met her there was something so familiar about her....I ended up working at that bar at first I ignored her and was trying to hit on the girl at a bar next door and she had a boyfriend anyway......she broke up with him and I remmeber one night standing on the steps looking at her among the crowd and it feeling like I was shot in the chest with a shotgun(it really does feel like you have been shot by cupid) and how intense the feelings between us both were and we were both so awkward around each other I said and did all the wrong things out of awkwardness and ended up hurting her feelings and we eventually both left the bar but...I have never gotten over it I wish for nothing else but to talk with her still...... the girl was a virgo with a pisces rising venus in scorpio conjunct pluto in scorpio in the 8th house and mars in capricorn that is only the begining to our aspects ......she may have a moon in scorpio too depending on her birthtime but I believe she has a moon in sadge....

my pluto conjuncted her venus by one degree my mars exactly trines her venus her venus trines my mars but not as close.....thats only where it begins lol

lilithofeden

My mars conjunct my ex's venus at 0 degrees in cancer. My mars was in his 11th and his venus in my 4th. I couldn't keep my hands off him, and his from me! We were very sexually active, passionate... And just one. Both of our plutos were conjunct bc we're born the same year, and both trined our mars/venus conjunction! Oh and my vesta conjunct his pluto at 0 degree's which also conjunct out mars/venus conjunction.

zona967

Banned
My boyfriend of five years and I have Venus square Venus exact (mine is in Scorpio, his is in Aquarius). We do argue the whole time but I, having Sun square Mars natally, as well as Sun, Moon and Ascendant all in fire signs, actually prefer that to something too peaceful. I suppose it depends on the person and what works for some would be a total nightmare for others. What is supposed to be a peaceful harmonious relationship would be totally boring for some.

We also have Sun (mine) conjunct Ascendant (his) and well as Mars (his) conjunct Descendant (mine) and I've read contacts of personal planets to the Ascendant/Descendant axis are important for that spark as well as for keeping the couple together long-term.

Further, my Mars trine his Pluto which I would point out as a very hot aspect sexually. Mars' advances heat up Pluto and Pluto gives the heat back to Mars to keep going.

Also my Pluto in Scorpio square his Venus and I have Venus conjunct Pluto natally. Hot, hot, hot combo. Even when we argue the most and really feel it's time to break up, sex gets hotter than even before and it's like naaah.

Also his Jupiter in Scorpio conjunct my Venus-Pluto. We also have Sun (mine) conjunct Uranus (his).

theV

Juno Aspecting mars or venus has big impact on sexual attraction. I have juno in sagi in 5th house square venus 2nd house virgo