Can anyone shed some light on Juno?

blacksun?

Because Im still stumped.

There are two prevalent interpretations which seem on the surface contradictory;

1) Juno represents the marriage partner
2) Juno represents excessive sexual behaviour, infidelity, fixations. The Magi interpretation comes to mind; "Juno is a Sexual Planet, but the sexual nature of Juno is a little selfish because Juno represents sexual attraction primarily in the physical sense."

I read a third option today;
3) Juno represents the final/definitive marriage partner.

An old friend whom I met here in 2006 under a handle I forgot has a fourth interpretation:

4) Juno is where we speak the truth from our gut, indifferent to causing hurt.

What I see is that right now, in the top heat of the Kavanaugh case, Pluto which has been retrograde since this spring turns direct on Kavanaughs Juno.

I have my Juno in Scorpio on the cusp of the 8th house, with quite a lot of aspects foremost to Venus, Mars and Jupiter, and it is parallel Pluto and Chiron. What I think this means is that I am too coloured by her to understand, to look at it with any objectivity or distance at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

aldebaran

I don't know about Juno, and I also find the common interpretations too wide.

I would recommend going deep into her Mythoi, trying to aprehend what, in a broad sense, She is, after all, to Romans - and Hera in Greece.

Or, following Her in progressions. Looking for some really important moment through progressions (or when a slow planet touches Her, like Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, etc) and decipher it by your own life.

I know too few of the mythology, but She gives me the impression of being yet powerful, yet austere... The bound with the grandiloquent Jupiter that establishes a certain fixedness in His mighty kingdom of Olympus.

Hera is passionated, the Roman Gods have always seemed to me more Austere, but once I've read few, I guess this is mostly due to the wide published sculpture of August ages.

waybread

My impression is sort of "none of the above." I think Juno has meaning, but in partner comparison charts, you'd want to look at the major planets before looking at the minors. Regardless, a planet or asteroid in our chart always says something about us. Juno is all about marital fidelity, but with it comes mythological Juno's (Hera's) traits, which may include jealousy and feelings that a marriage needs to work just so.

Mythological Juno was married to Jupiter (Zeus) who was quite the philanderer. Annoyed at his many infidelities, Juno sometimes resorted to tricks or punishment of his lovers. For all that, in ancient times, she was one of the great mother goddesses.

In a woman's chart, I think Juno says what kind of wife or long-term partner she would be. In a man's chart, it says something about his image of the spouse or partner.

A wonderful source on Greek mythology is www.theoi.com . Look for Hera, the Greek counterpart of the Roman Juno, and see if any of it resonates with you.

Last edited:

blacksun?

I don't know about Juno, and I also find the common interpretations too wide.

I would recommend going deep into her Mythoi, trying to aprehend what, in a broad sense, She is, after all, to Romans - and Hera in Greece.

Or, following Her in progressions. Looking for some really important moment through progressions (or when a slow planet touches Her, like Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, etc) and decipher it by your own life.

I know too few of the mythology, but She gives me the impression of being yet powerful, yet austere... The bound with the grandiloquent Jupiter that establishes a certain fixedness in His mighty kingdom of Olympus.

Hera is passionated, the Roman Gods have always seemed to me more Austere, but once I've read few, I guess this is mostly due to the wide published sculpture of August ages.

Yes I've been looking at progressions, she does seem to represent to me a forbidden woman who unlocks innocence, truth in me. But she is near my Priapus too.

aldebaran

By the myth of Juno I suggest two notions:
Beauty ( her symbol is a peacock, epithets on poetry)
Public opinion ( If theres a public opinion at Olympus, shes the best at managing it)

Its often suggested that the perception of beauty has a strong social influence - what others find beautiful would influence on what we find - althought the peacock proves that there are things that can be beautiful for everyone.

folelser

Hello,
when I check my juno it does resonate with me, I mean, it doesnt come out of the blue.
It's in Cancer in the second house. (I also have cancer mars) n

It could perfectly mean the traits I need to feel warm and emotionally safe in a relationship (perfect mix for marriage)
also the trait the makes me feel sexually aroused.

It feels like Juno should easily resonate with people, not like those moments that people don't feel like this sign or another.

I checked some close friends and most of them have it in Scorpio and then Cancer,. Wich is seems to be a sign that fits well in Juno, relationships.... it might also mean the traits that most people shows and are attracted to in a relationship?

My mother have it in Aries, and she always mentioned how she needed that the guy was the one who lead the relationship, who just step on it and grabbed her hand, with bigger ego than hers (my mother has no fire in her chart)

a friend in Virgo, always mention the traits she needs in a man as pratical, someone who is there for the daily things, responsabilities.. ETC (moon-venus in Leo, mars libra)

welll...hope it helped a bit.

(english is not my first language)

Last edited: