Want to know which branch of the occult studies to follow in my career.

I am a medium but I want to focus my career in one of the following Tarot, Crystallomancy or Astrology. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance <3

Attachments

• astro_2gw_belinda_g_davis_hw.15829.22830.jpg
    astro_2gw_belinda_g_davis_hw.15829.22830.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 51

Cary2

Banned
I'm not sure what might indicate Crystallomancy using astrological symbols except a general focus on the occult and psychic gifts, and you certainly have that. I have rarely seen a chart so focused on the things you mention. I think you want to focus on one particular field because Ascendant opposes the Pluto/Uranus midpoint. But it is not uncommon at all for occultists and psychics to use a variety of methods including Astrology. You are inclined to innovate.

Sun-conjunct-Neptune sextile to Pluto suggests paranormal gifts including mediumship. Mars in Scorpio square the Pluto/Saturn midpoint and also square the Mercury/Uranus midpoint shows a remarkable focus on the occult, including Astrology.

Mars-Venus sextile to Jupiter on the MC suggests a high likelihood of success and above-average happiness.

If I had to guess which specialty to take, I would suppose that you would do best in the field that accents the paranormal, the occult, and the mystical. I have little doubt at all that you would be good at Tarot with Mercury at the Moon/Neptune midpoint, but I would expect an ability with the occult in general.

Astrology demands a great deal of study and practice, and I suspect your paranormal gifts are much easier for you to use than is the astrological discipline.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your reply! I guess I was asking because I dont want to seem scattered...I am scattered though lol But I was starting my youtube channel and wanted a focus. Mediumship is something I dont charge for for several reasons. It does come easily to me. I never want to give myself the credit many say I deserve. But if I had to put my ability on an average percentage, I've never had an experience with it that wasnt "On Point". I also am selective about cases I take. I feel like that is a private thing so I have my reservations. Tarot is very easy for me as well and that would be easy I suppose to focus on. I'm thinking this has more to do with fear than anything. I just need to start and wing it. See what works :scorpioimg:

Harmelia

I am a medium but I want to focus my career in one of the following Tarot, Crystallomancy or Astrology. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance <3

With Saturn in Gemini in the 3rd, I would think you have the mental capacity for astrology. It does take a long time to learn.
Tarot readers are expected to be psychic - it is a tradition!

I have issues with psychics who use astrology but then do their own thing with it - combine psychical insights with astrology - but that's just me. I'm not a psychic, but an astrologer with good intuition. Psychics will tell people things astrology cannot predict, and then clients think they're getting an astrology reading when really it is a psychic reading. I have no problem with psychics or mediums - only that they should tell clients that what they're getting is a psychic reading if that is what they are doing.

That aside, doing psychic work can be quite hard on the body, and even cause health issues, so learning astrology could be a way to get more into your Gemini Saturn and out of the astral world for some relief.

Your chart indicates a need to be less bonded with others and more independent - for your own development - to be self-defined rather than be defined by others through what you do for them.

Cary2

Banned
By all means be charitable and generous when you wish, but there is nothing wrong with charging a professional rate for a professional service. It will help if you accept that you are charging for your time. When others discover your abilities they will swamp you with requests and demands that could burden and trap you. Charging a professional fee will encourage clients to respect your time and your boundaries. You deserve that.

Perhaps you recognize that your gifts come from God, and you want to offer them to all who are in need, but we all have to make a living in order to avoid being a burden on others. We all tend to select a career based on our gifts from God whether we are purchasers, sellers, calculators or creators. God is not repulsed by your efficiency at conducting your business. Your attempts to take care of business are not anti-spiritual or crass. Practicality is not the enemy of spirit.

You may not take the opportunity, but I recommend a book that I think you will enjoy and appreciate. It is "One Last Time" by John Edward. He is a famous medium, and I found the autobiographical book extremely entertaining and uplifting.

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
Moon-mars-mercury-venus scorpio 8th for research-occult-astro-alchemy-forensic research aptitudes; moon debilated, debilation cancelled, gradual improvement in health and occult matters; wear pearl over silver pendant touching heart.

best wishes!

@Passiflora Ty you for responding! To tell you the truth they all come pretty easy. They all speak loudly. With my chart Im sure you can see that there was turbulence in my life. Becoming disciplined was hard and IS still hard. But not in my studies. I have an above average stamina and endurance that helps me to stay completely focused on the task at hand. I LOVE the study of Astrology. It didnt take me long to be able to see charts intuitively as well. Once I got the aspects down, it was almost instantaneous. I see a chart and it tells me specific little things about the person that are super personal. I'm not sure how it happens but it does a lot. But at other times I cant connect like that with a chart. I know that honing in on my craft will help with this.

As for why I use Whole Sign...I am not very much like the person Placidus reads me as anymore. Since my last NDE in my mid 30's, I had a major transformation. I used to be VERY set in my way of believing and uninterested in other peoples views because I was sure I was right. I dont believe that anymore. Since discovering that my eldest son is my father reincarnated, I havent been sure about anything anymore. It made me feel kind of small that I, little miss medium know it all, was wrong. Even having gone through 3 NDE's!

I had a "DREAM" (wasnt a dream it was an OBE during sleep) I walked with God. I was shown things about the Universe and slowly these things have been revealing themselves in my life adding pieces to the puzzle in my mind. I feel as I evolve I've become more serious. I LOVE hearing about other peoples theories now. My mind is completely open to ideas. It's like going to bed a child and waking up a grown up. My Whole sign chart shows where I have been the last 12 yrs...DEEP in the 8th house trying to climb my way out now and sprinting through the 9th where I need to gain confidence so that I can complete the Karmic path of the NN. Being cautious not to get full of myself or believe my gifts greater than they are. It's funny how people think I'm so confident. I'm not. I'm very critical of myself. It's like I turned the expectations I had of others now onto myself. I really dont know where to go with that part of myself. I accept people as they are now, but I dont accept rude or bad treatment. If we dont see eye to eye on something thats fine but I dont try to convince or manipulate people to see things my way like I did when I was young. I can admit that now but hell would have risen back in the day if you opposed me. Im not as sensitive to criticism anymore either. I want to know how Im coming across so that if I'm coming across in an unfair manner, I can fix it. Because thats never my intention. And where once I wasnt one to like collaboration I really like working with people. So thats where it all is for me. I dont know the person in Placidus anymore. She was self centered, manipulative and at times rude and short with people. I have worked many years on myself in that respect. I had to.

I will get to the other questions later today! Thanks everyone XX

JUPITERASC

I'm not sure

what might indicate Crystallomancy using astrological symbols
- SATURN has rulership over rocks, stones, and minerals :smile:

Professions and types of people signified by SATURN
include ....those that work with minerals
from the earth..."

also
SATURN signifies people who work with the dead in any context
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/astrology_saturn.html
With Saturn in Gemini in the 3rd,
I would think you have the mental capacity for astrology.
It does take a long time to learn....
....I would expect an ability with the occult in general.

With Saturn in Gemini in the 3rd, I would think you have the mental capacity for astrology. It does take a long time to learn.
Tarot readers are expected to be psychic - it is a tradition!

Thank you for responding! I have studied astrology for many years. Im looking to get certified very soon. I do stick to traditional astrology. My psychic ability only enhances my readings however, I dont depend solely on it. But people come to me specifically because of it. I dont make up my own meanings to things. I see whats there technically and start there. Then I tell them what I see intuitively. For me to try and separate the two would be a disservice to my clients. If I have important information it is my obligation to tell them what I see to some degree. If I see impending doom I just tell them to be mindful in that sector of their life. It's all I can do. I cant separate my psychic ability from anything I do. It's impossible.

Signing up for the newsletter now! Thank you!

Moon-mars-mercury-venus scorpio 8th for research-occult-astro-alchemy-forensic research aptitudes; moon debilated, debilation cancelled, gradual improvement in health and occult matters; wear pearl over silver pendant touching heart.

Thank you for your response dear! Best wishes!

By all means be charitable and generous when you wish, but there is nothing wrong with charging a professional rate for a professional service. It will help if you accept that you are charging for your time. When others discover your abilities they will swamp you with requests and demands that could burden and trap you. Charging a professional fee will encourage clients to respect your time and your boundaries. You deserve that.

You are absolutely correct. I have decided to charge for my medium readings. I have meditated on this for the past month. It was hard for me to break tradition. So I have decided that I will still be charitable when the time calls for it but as it stands I will be charging a standard rate for my medium services.

I will go ahead and order that book! Believe it or not I havent really read anything on mediumship or people who do it. Same with NDE's but I am getting curious now. Thanks for responding and for your sage advice! It is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I somehow feel your face is familiar. Maybe from a past life :biggrin:

I just found it striking because of the amount of activity in the same degree as the natal Ascendant (Mars-Venus partile conjunct, Sun, Jupiter).

Wanting a new start makes sense.

And if that wasnt enough...In numerology my life path is 7 My name adds to 9 the consonants add to 9 and the vowels add to 9. But my first name adds to 11 by itself :whistling: Crazy I tell ya lol