Care to guess Lady Gaga's ascendant?

savanna

It would not surprise me if her birth year is wrong, after what we saw with Lana Del Rey. My guess is she was maybe born in 1984. I remember she was interviewed about 9/11 and she said she was 17 at the time (September 2001). That would mean she was born in 1984.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Its already been established:

March 28, 1986, 9:53 AM
in: New York, Lenox Hill Hospital (NY) (United States)
Sun: 7°38' Aries
AS: 27°12' Gemini
Moon: 11°28' Scorpio
MC: 3°05' Pisces

athenian200

I kind of suspected it was one of the air signs. Was thinking Aquarius just like everyone else, but Gemini is definitely believable. Note that her AC is in the Aquarius decan of Gemini, however. That's probably what everyone was picking up on.

Not sure how to feel about my having so many of the same sign/house placements as Lady Gaga, though. LOL.

I bet that 10th house Jupiter in Pisces close to her MC is part of the reason why she's a pop star and I'm invisible, though.

I personally like listening to parodies of her songs. Most of her songs have a good sound to them, but I don't relate to the lyrics.

Like this, for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4L4M8m4d0

The music is great, and it's even better when set to funnier lyrics.

Last edited:

RayAustin

It would not surprise me if her birth year is wrong, after what we saw with Lana Del Rey. My guess is she was maybe born in 1984. I remember she was interviewed about 9/11 and she said she was 17 at the time (September 2001). That would mean she was born in 1984.

Me neither, celebs lie about their age plus I don't take times for granted just because someone said it so. I don't know where this 9:53 am time came from but I want to see if it supports fame. Do you remember where this video/interview is?

+ Lady Gaga has been caught lying lol I wouldn't necessarily take her word for it. Like I said I've been following her over the years.

savanna

Lady Gaga gave in birth time as 5:07pm in an instagram comment: http://www.astrotheme.fr/images/Lady_Gaga_time_of_birth.jpg

Here is her chart:

44cnsoS.png

Last edited:

LeoCassandra

It's still uncertain time, however it would explain her "plain jane", not so crazy persona in interviews. Clothes are Virgo traits. Uranus square ASC opposite MC sounds correct.Venus-North node conjunction in 8th house+Moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio-Mother Monster?

Last edited:

savanna

My second guess is that she is Virgo rising, with her ascendant SQUARING Uranus and quincunx Venus. This particular square could explain her extreme outlook, and the fact that her performances always look controlled and painstakenly rehearsed, even when she seems out of bound and crazy. She has this "wild perfectionistic Virgo" quality to her, which I suspect is one of the ancient forgotten archetypes of Virgo. You can see it in Madonna sometimes, and she also has Virgo rising. Virgo rising would give Gaga Chiron in dual Gemini at the MC, which could explain some of the rumors about her supposed hermaphrodism and would validate her claims of being bi-sexual. Well, Venus trine Uranus tends to like sexuality that is outside the norm anyway...

Looks like this poster was right on the money.

Reading through some of the pages in this thread, many comments said they saw Virgo rising with Mercury opposite asc. and Uranus square ascendant/Uranus dominant.

theM

I saw it on Astrotheme, too and wanted to post that.
I'm glad that we finally got a birth time that is possibly closest to the truth we could get.
In the beginning I thought an Earth Rising could be possible but later my guesses were really wrong.
But many of you (like Savanna already mentioned) saw Virgo Rising in her.You were right after all. :biggrin:

LeoCassandra

Her ASC is on Amy Winehouse Sun/Mercury. Once she did mention about reason going blond: "People mistaken with Amy Winehouse. I loved her so much. I was nobody when she was first coming out. I have really dark hair and all the time on the street people would go, ‘Amy!’ And they would go, ‘Back In Black.’ They’d scream at me. I loved her and I just remember feeling like I wasn’t alone because she was so different and she was so special,”

When The Fame was released Uranus was square her MC and Neptune was trine it.

CapAquaPis

Lady Gaga gave in birth time as 5:07pm in an instagram comment: http://www.astrotheme.fr/images/Lady_Gaga_time_of_birth.jpg

Here is her chart:

44cnsoS.png

OK, it's settled: Lady Gaga is a Virgo rising and her 1st house mostly represented by Libra. Her Mars and Neptune in 4th on the cusp marker of Sag and Cap, but nothing in her Aquarius...except Uranus in her Sag IC conjuncts Mars, Neptune and Saturn: a stellium of sorts. Her Venus in Aries near the cusp Taurus in the 8th: she's sexually powerful and open about herself, and an Aries-7th Sun with her Venus and True Node opposite Scorpio-2nd Moon.

Lady Gaga can be weird, bizarre and unconventional in her vocal talent (and those costumes on stage and concerts), but I believe she's very good at what she does. She is well-spoken on LGBT rights issues like Gay marriage (a shot in politics later in life?), which makes her a positive role model other than a "controversial" figure. And yes, she writes her own material, therefore an original, not "ripping off" Madonna like many critics claimed.

ellie

Lady Gaga, as far as I know (from internet sources) is Sun in Aries, Ascendant in Virgo and Moon in Scorpio... So the Virgo ascendant calculation was most likely spot on, provided these sources hold any weight.
Personally though, I think it's a hard one to define purely on the basis of 'Lady Gaga wanting to perfect her image' since it's not uncommon to see women and MEN in showbiz becoming overly obsessed with personal appearance regardless of ascendant.
I imagine many other factors contribute in a chart to make a person 'obsessed' with altering parts of themselves to attain perfection for whatever reason.
I mean, look at Cameron Diaz for instance, as far as I know she is Libra ascendant, ruled by Venus, so there are strong factors associated with beauty but not so much the obsessive/critical qualities of Virgo, yet she too has had a lot work done!!
This to me could be 'perceived' to be just as obsessive as Lady Gaga, (different ascendants), I suspect with Cameron Diaz it is some emotional rejection of the aging process itself.
It is the driving force of our decisions that define us. The thought behind the action. And I believe this to be true for the accuracy of the ascendant when looking in from the outside.

I too am Aries Sun, Virgo ascendant and yes, I won't lie, I do have an unhealthy preoccupation with my physical appearance, however.. there is a but coming.. lol, I dress plainly, am not eccentric in way shape or form (mainly because I have no desire to stand out, in fact blending in is what I try to achieve), I don't like to wear make up except on RARE occasions and even then it will never be noticeable enough to 'stand out'.
I have a strong belief that first impressions are lasting ones and so I am more obsessed about how I 'appear' to others than anything else, as a protective mechanism I guess, and mainly because I am easily hurt by the judgement of others (something I am working on) :lol:
I do have the 'classic' youthful Mercurian appearance and therefore I go to extraordinary lengths to maintain it. I am not new to getting face peels, laser treatments (hair removal, waxing or other treatments), but does that really make me all that different to a non Virgo ascendant woman..?? I think not. :love:

Honestly, it has taken me sometime to come to terms with my Virgo ascendant since it is not endowed with some of the more positive aspects of the other signs, it has however reinforced my belief that self-love and self-acceptance are an important part of the journey (if not the entire journey!) Realizing that we are all connected, smaller parts of a greater whole, as above so below. :tongue:

ellie

OK, it's settled: Lady Gaga is a Virgo rising and her 1st house mostly represented by Libra. Her Mars and Neptune in 4th on the cusp marker of Sag and Cap, but nothing in her Aquarius...except Uranus in her Sag IC conjuncts Mars, Neptune and Saturn: a stellium of sorts. Her Venus in Aries near the cusp Taurus in the 8th: she's sexually powerful and open about herself, and an Aries-7th Sun with her Venus and True Node opposite Scorpio-2nd Moon.

Lady Gaga can be weird, bizarre and unconventional in her vocal talent (and those costumes on stage and concerts), but I believe she's very good at what she does. She is well-spoken on LGBT rights issues like Gay marriage (a shot in politics later in life?), which makes her a positive role model other than a "controversial" figure. And yes, she writes her own material, therefore an original, not "ripping off" Madonna like many critics claimed.

looks like I came into the fold a little too late... :lol:

craft94

Okay, I know this thread is fairly old but I felt the need to reply:

1. A Libra Ascendent doesn't determine whether someone's "edgy" or not and even if it did, Lady Gaga doesn't strike me as particular "edgy" whatever that means. What has she done that hasn't been done before? Linder Sterling of the punk band Ludus wore a meat dress back in the 80's...
2. A Libra Ascendent doesn't necessarily make you "beautiful" either. I'm pretty sure genetics does that. Most of the Libra rising people I know (and I know quite a few) come off as more level headed and diplomatic than they do conventionally attractive.
3. The whole "hermaphrodite" thing would actually make a lot of sense if she WAS a Libra rising. Hermaphroditis is actually a very Libran deity if you ask me. Libra is all about balance, the reconciliation between two opposites. In this case, the balance between the two sexes.

She strikes me as more of a Gemini but I could see Libra. She definitely gives off a very airy vibe. She comes off as very ditzy and AIRheaded in interviews, but still probably smart, more scatter-brained than anything else.

She comes off as a little bit fake though I don't think there is any one sign or element or aspect or whatever that can determine that...after all, if you're being true to your chart, you're being true to yourself, aren't you?

Astrotheme actually said that she was a Gemini Asc for the longest time and I totally bought it, especially because of the Pisces Midheaven. There's something very mystical and otherworldly about her public image, and the whole "little monster" thing always seemed pretty cultish, from my point of view...like she's the savior to her fans. Pisces is associated with music and Venus is exalted in Pisces, so I can definitely see it.

I vaguely remember reading about how she liked to mix and match parts of other people's styles and personas and make it her own, which seems like a very Gemini thing.

But if she's a Virgo Ascendant, she's a Virgo Ascendant, no matter what I think. I'm not gonna lie, I'm sort of surprised. She never really striked me as earthy in interviews. But as other people have said, what we know is her public image. She could be very different in real life and I've heard that she was. I don't actually know her. I'm not a huge fan of her either so my knowledge of even her public persona is limited. A Gemini Midheaven makes sense and the Virgo Ascendant might explain why she seems like she tries too hard (no offense to Virgos...I only say this because Virgo is associated with work, skill and service)

chavva

I wouldn't be that sure. My uncle used to play guitar in the same music room as the guy who was in a band with one of her ex boyfriends. She always used to talk about Madonna and how "charismatic" her image is and how she wants to be like that. it was all "madonna, madonna, madonna". (she also never dressed weirdly, she behaved like one of those upper side and park avenue new yorkers and always had a lot of money from her parents..)

no matter what she may say in interviews, I know for a fact that she lies about stuff. Not sure about the songwriting either. I'll have to check the album credits.

that's why I'm going for pisces midheaven and the gemini AS. From what Ive heard and seen, I can't help but go for the elements that give her a little bit of the lying/mystery/identity theft stuff. gemini and pisces does fit that way. I don't believe the birth time she gave. with the scorpio moon, she probably studied her chart years ago.

craft94

Before she became mega famous (in March 2008), she tweeted about turning 22 years old at 2 AM. https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/778462463

If 2 AM is her birth time, it gives her Cap rising and Scorpio MC.

wJSrxR5.png

Interesting! She doesn't come across as very earth at all imo but I guess it makes sense because she's obviously very ambitious. Scorpio MC conjunct Pluto/Moon I could definitely see. If this chart's the right one, her Sun is conjunct the 3rd house cusp - maybe that's where I get the Gemini vibe from.

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of air in her chart - but Mercury in retrograde square Uranus!!! I'm more airy but I have that aspect too, and that I think could give off that intelligent but scatter-brained vibe I was talking about

EDIT: I just looked at the tweet and it doesn't sound like she's saying she was born at 2 AM. I'm pretty sure she wasn't born humping a miami go-go dancer LOL

Last edited:

savanna

Interesting! She doesn't come across as very earth at all imo but I guess it makes sense because she's obviously very ambitious. Scorpio MC conjunct Pluto/Moon I could definitely see. If this chart's the right one, her Sun is conjunct the 3rd house cusp - maybe that's where I get the Gemini vibe from.

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of air in her chart - but Mercury in retrograde square Uranus!!! I'm more airy but I have that aspect too, and that I think could give off that intelligent but scatter-brained vibe I was talking about

EDIT: I just looked at the tweet and it doesn't sound like she's saying she was born at 2 AM. I'm pretty sure she wasn't born humping a miami go-go dancer LOL

The tweet is time stamped at 1:14 AM, but she says she turns 22 at 2 AM, maybe that means something...?

Cupid Arrow

Oh please, a lot of bad things are said about her, some true, some speculation (a lot of that I think comes from jealousy), but watch "Bad Romance" and decide for yourself, I think she can be really beautiful when she wants to be, and her behavior is very Venusian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACm9yECwSso
She uses tape to transform her looks BTW and she recently had a nose job. I just read she's a Virgo ASC! Weird. Just weird.

Last edited: