Be a nice person and answer my simple questions! (Good karma)

yassine01

Hello all,

First off, I'd like to say how awesome and interesting this website is. It's full of decent and skilled astrologers or amateurs. Keep up the good work. :)

For my part, I have very simple and precise questions related to my chart. Feel free to answer just one, two, or more, it's to your convenience:

1. Will I ever realize my Midheaven with Saturn opposing it? I have a rigid father who pays for my tuition abroad and he thinks I am his personal investment, so I'm doing the studies he wanted me to do. He's a cold, materialistic man which I could never really acknowledge as my father. I never told him though, because I'm still very dependent on him financially. If he cuts tuition, I'm done for. Will I ever make my own way out?

2. What is Pluto at my Ascendant going to do? I don't find its presence in 1 reassuring.

3. I left all my friends in my home country and couldn't make any here in Canada. Reason: I can't find any decent person to befriend, I find most college students annoying, ignorant and superficial, sometimes coarse. My social interactions are limited to epistolary correspondence with my friends overseas, and miserable platitudes with some people here around. They think I'm their friend, but I don't have the guts to tell them what I truly think about them, so I try to avoid them as much as possible and stay nice, faking excuses everytime. I don't despise them or look down on them, I just want them to leave me alone, which they don't seem to understand everytime. Will I ever find decent friends one day?

4. I'm a finance major, what my dad wanted me to do. I loath it, my contempt for business and hardcore capitalism has led me to autodidacticism in philosophy and political science. So I do underground studies, which are way more successful than official ones. I've started writing a book in French, an introduction to the thought of Simone Weil. Sometimes I neglect my business assignments to continue writing. My dad of course knows nothing of the matter. I can't tell him how I hate my studies. I can't even concentrate on class because I think it's not worth my attention. Will I fail my education and get owned by my angry dad?

5. I'm always sleepy, but I'm allergic to coffee and tea. If I drink orange juice or get any Vitamin C, I get severe insomnia and disagreeable nervous ailments. Is there any sign of apathy in my chart?

6. I want to do something against my Business school, anything. I can't believe they teach what they are teaching in the XXIth century, it's scandalous and gross. Off with those philistines. They should all be fired or replaced or converted to useful fields of human knowledge. Will I be able to influence one of my professors?

7. Thank you for attention :smile:

Waiting for your wise readings of my chart!

Attachments

• astro_w2at_01_yassine_mansour_hp_6986_9326.gif
    astro_w2at_01_yassine_mansour_hp_6986_9326.gif
    56.6 KB · Views: 42

Quixotic

Addressing the issues you have with your father, I can already see something very clear that I also have in my own chart. Saturn in the Fourth House: gives deprivation of "normal" contact and affection of at least one parent, usually the father. It can do this through divorce, death, or other forms of separation. Perhaps the parent had to work long hours or their job involved travel. If the parent was around, they may have been aloof or very strict.

Our emotional foundation and subconscious self-image based on early childhood experiences are established in the fourth house. The way we feel about ourselves is conditioned by our experience of our parents’ (or significant others’) acceptance or rejection of us as we were growing up. From these experiences we developed our sense of belonging and our capacity to receive - and/or a sense of alienation and a difficulty or frozenness in receiving.

dico

Banned
6. I want to do something against my Business school, anything. I can't believe they teach what they are teaching in the XXIth century, it's scandalous and gross. Off with those philistines. They should all be fired or replaced or converted to useful fields of human knowledge. Will I be able to influence one of my professors?

Lol! I like you.

One thing I notice is the Mars in the 12th square Neptune in the 3rd. That's quite a subversive looking Mars, which is reflected in some of what you say (not expressing your anger, secretly writing a book or doing what your not supposed to do, fighting the system from within).

Jupiter on your Mercury in Leo makes it likely that people will listen to you when you speak up, especially in academic matters.

Of course, this is from a cursory look. I'm still pretty novice, not exactly wise. But I wanted to give it a try!

Finance... hrrrrrr... I feel for you.

Caro

You have a saturn transit to your 12th house. it is now close to your natal moon which sits just in the 12th house very close to your asc.

You dont mention your mother? you have a moon sq saturn in 4th.

this 12th house transit can bring up a lot and make you look back. its the house of secrets and karma(you mention this in your title) and also of psychological issues. (some of this may be relevant or not) saturn is cleaning out the cupboard of this house before it hits your 1st. you have already had saturn pass over your mars - which can be a time of frustration and lack of energy. to be fair often the mars lacks energy when placed in 12th house. however it can also make you focus on a single goal. In your case this seems to be your book. it is a very grounding energy here(or indeed where ever it sits)

I currently have this transit. it is quite heavy this time round. I also have mars in 12th in libra too.

when I had the saturn transit when I was at college, I knuckled down to work. at that time I did not have a sense of direction ie what I wanted to 'be' but I knew that some qualitifications would be better than none. I have a bit of floaty water chart and had not been applying myself academically. looking back after 28 years Im glad I did apply myself then it has given me independence and the ability to work and look after myself and travel the world. education and qualifications has made a huge difference to my life. I did not have a wealthy family to fall back on or indeed a wealthy family at all.

if you are studying something you really do not enjoy that is tough. however even if your intention is not to work with this in your life it is still a good base for education. if you got this under your belt and did ok maybe you could then diversify in the things you wish to do. ie your could be more creative.do you know how many would be writers there are? not saying that to put you off but just to be practical(saturn)

as saturn moves into you 1st - it often sets up a new image, perhaps a move and in some cases new relationships. (certainly Im hoping for all of these too!!)

I guess my answer is quite saturnian. i have a strong saturn in my natal chart.

another way may be to try and get in touch with your mars energy in this house ie through dance so that you can begin to connect with yourself and maybe with others.

its interesting I would have though canada would be a great place to grow up. such a beautiful country. The only reason I got to see is cos I worked and saved my money to go there in my 20's.

another option is to discuss these feelings with your father. you never know you might get a different reply to what you expect.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi, Just a few disorganised thoughts that jumped out at me as I looked at your chart.

Sun in Virgo in the 11th could be a lot to do with why you are feeling particular about who you feel a genuine sense of friendship. This all very good in as much as a Virgo needs to know who they are and what fits. However, each sign needs to incorporate some of the qualities of the opposite sign in order to be balanced, in this case indiscriminate Pisces.

With Venus in Leo squaring the first house Pluto, pride may also get in the way of relaxing around others, especially since Venus rules the Moon and Ascendant and so has an affect on the way you instinctively seek to harmonise with the world around you. You may have set yourself apart from others as a defence against humiliation, or a sense that you would be letting yourself down if relax your sense of identity to incorporate their values. The angular Saturn adds to this tendency due to its tendency to aloofness when in doubt.

Mars in Libra in the 12th, squaring Neptune is a typical significator of lack of energy.

The Mercury Jupiter conjunction on the cusp of the 11th house seems to sum up quite nicely your need to understand that which is meaningful and which gives you a sense of contributing something to the progress of humanity, especially with Uranus and Neptune in the 3rd house as well. The close quincunx (inconjunct) to Saturn on the 4th perhaps reflects your present bondage to your father's authority. But understanding the rules and laws (Saturn) upon which the world is founded (IC) could help you to work against the system in the future.

All these suggestions are meant tentatively - I'd be interested in your response to them.

miquar

ps. transiting Saturn is about to pass over your Moon and Ascendant - could be a somewhat gloomy time, but a good time for taking stock of how you relate to the world and why. The transit won't last long though. You should be feeling it now, and that might be in part what prompted you to start the thread. It will only last a couple of weeks or so I think.

StillOne

Just a couple of thoughts, I agree with Caro in a sense that if your father is paying for this education that you might consider completing the degree in finance given your challenging relationship there. Finance, although not very interesing and highly debatable these days, actually is a pretty good base to have. You can use it to your advantage every day and in every other business that you enter. Noticed that I said business, as everything tends to be some type of business when you break down an occupation. Possibly after finishing college you can redirect your energies somewhere else? Also, say you excel and do exeptionally well, maybe you can make a deal with your father in some way?

That being said, it looks like your Pluto is a singleton planet in your chart. It's the only planet in water. Some say that this can funnel the energy of the chart here. I'm not sure how it works with outers. Nevertheless, something to look at possibly.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/pluto/pluto.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm

Good luck

Last edited:
Hello all,

First off, I'd like to say how awesome and interesting this website is. It's full of decent and skilled astrologers or amateurs. Keep up the good work. :)

For my part, I have very simple and precise questions related to my chart. Feel free to answer just one, two, or more, it's to your convenience:

1. Will I ever realize my Midheaven with Saturn opposing it? I have a rigid father who pays for my tuition abroad and he thinks I am his personal investment, so I'm doing the studies he wanted me to do. He's a cold, materialistic man which I could never really acknowledge as my father. I never told him though, because I'm still very dependent on him financially. If he cuts tuition, I'm done for. Will I ever make my own way out?
How to find your career- sticky in Vocational Forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775
Saturn in the 4th house
· Saturn here operates in the latter part of life when its negative aspects are much harder to take. In the roots of the being a selfishness that must be broken up or the dues will be collected in the latter part of life.
· Can gain through real estate and land.
· Possibility of trouble with indigestion due to emotions. The ulcer type.
· Often strong mother complex and a tendency to cling to the past.
· Needs to get away from home in order to get over psychological bias. Appears independent but fears to leave home. Will be happier away from the place of birth.
· Domestic responsibilities or difficulties are likely.
· In childhood these may be the result of others` actions, but adults invariably attract these commitments.
· There is a need for domestic security ‑ often provided by physical ties. Will take great pains to make a secure home
· They would probably have to take on heavy ­responsibilities from an early age and may have had to struggle for domestic security and will work very hard to provide for your home and family. May have experienced poverty as a child

2. What is Pluto at my Ascendant going to do? I don't find its presence in 1 reassuring. that's because is rather late in first and nearer to 2nd house cusp
Pluto will never get to your Asc, it will in years time get to your IC/home roots though

3. I left all my friends in my home country and couldn't make any here in Canada. Reason: I can't find any decent person to befriend, I find most college students annoying, ignorant and superficial, sometimes coarse. My social interactions are limited to epistolary correspondence with my friends overseas, and miserable platitudes with some people here around. They think I'm their friend, but I don't have the guts to tell them what I truly think about them, so I try to avoid them as much as possible and stay nice, faking excuses everytime. I don't despise them or look down on them, I just want them to leave me alone, which they don't seem to understand everytime. Will I ever find decent friends one day? [only if you get this arrogant chip off your shoulder!]

4. I'm a finance major, what my dad wanted me to do. I loath it, my contempt for business and hardcore capitalism has led me to autodidacticism in philosophy and political science.[not surprised with philosophical jupiter conjunct mercury] So I do underground studies, which are way more successful than official ones. I've started writing a book in French, an introduction to the thought of Simone Weil. Sometimes I neglect my business assignments to continue writing. My dad of course knows nothing of the matter. I can't tell him how I hate my studies. I can't even concentrate on class because I think it's not worth my attention. Will I fail my education and get owned by my angry dad? [entirely upto you, do you have FREE will remember]

5. I'm always sleepy, but I'm allergic to coffee and tea. If I drink orange juice or get any Vitamin C, I get severe insomnia and disagreeable nervous ailments. Is there any sign of apathy in my chart? [research your neptune square mars]

6. I want to do something against my Business school, anything. I can't believe they teach what they are teaching in the XXIth century, it's scandalous and gross. Off with those philistines. They should all be fired or replaced or converted to useful fields of human knowledge. Will I be able to influence one of my professors? [it's NOT your business to influence a professor....you are there to learn, so don't be ungrateful and get on with it]

I noticed very little with transiting saturn in 12th house as it's the most Caden/hidden house around, I did however experience few health problems with parents and myself, hospital appt and operations...

Mercury Quincunx (Inconjunct) Saturn

Putting your life in order will require exercising positive judgment as to how to get the large projects you envision to manifest. The sheer scope of your goals in life can require more effort than is immediately obvious. Hard work can take its toll on your health. Correct partitioning of big ideas into segments that are achievable one at a time and exacting uses of your time is the way to move forward while maintaining inner poise and outer health.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

mars square Neptune
Mars‑Neptune Square Mars‑Neptune Opposition
Painful things either ignored ie self‑deception, or hypochondriac type, imaginary things (Neptune) Deceive or be deceived
http://www.astrologyindepth.com/Mars_square_Neptune
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13104&page=2
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11521
http://astrology.astrozoom.com/index.php?title=NEPTUNE_PARALLEL%2C_CONJUNCTION%2C_SQUARE_OR_OPPOSITION_TO_MARS

Ruler of the Tenth House in the First House
An authority figure or perhaps your father had a strong influence on your outlook on life.
You could have a strong desire to be your own boss, or your ability to be a strong authority figure is easily perceived by others.
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm#hr10

your mars is in detriment and afflicted by squares to uranus and neptune. this shows being stuck in 12th house that you were not able to act in direct/overt ways in early childhood and learned to not to take action as it didn't bring you what you wanted...

Last edited:

Caro

you might want to check out this DVD - 'Remember Me' with Robert pattinson and Pierce Brosnan.
The story is uncannily like yours.
(its not going to win an oscar for the acting or story but you might find it interesting)

yassine01

Thank you astrologer50 for your amazing help. Your research is very full and shockingly true... I have already started to direct my Mars-Neptune square in a constructive way: art, photography, writing. All these activities are done in a certain isolation but they greatly contribue to relieve me.

Concerning my social entourage, i will ask you to sympathize a little more before accusing me of arrogance. You are probably older than me (I'm 20), so you don't have to deal with college students everyday and their hellish small talk. Can you withstand a conversation in which you can only hear: OMAGOD YEAH AND THEN I WAS LIKE OMAGOD.....blablabla almost indifinitely? Add to that a great dose of coarse language and futilities I'm sure you don't want to know about. You probably have the chance to interact with mature people, but I'm still 20 and that's hard.

Thanks again :wink:

yassine01

You have a saturn transit to your 12th house. it is now close to your natal moon which sits just in the 12th house very close to your asc.

You dont mention your mother? you have a moon sq saturn in 4th.

this 12th house transit can bring up a lot and make you look back. its the house of secrets and karma(you mention this in your title) and also of psychological issues. (some of this may be relevant or not) saturn is cleaning out the cupboard of this house before it hits your 1st. you have already had saturn pass over your mars - which can be a time of frustration and lack of energy. to be fair often the mars lacks energy when placed in 12th house. however it can also make you focus on a single goal. In your case this seems to be your book. it is a very grounding energy here(or indeed where ever it sits)

I currently have this transit. it is quite heavy this time round. I also have mars in 12th in libra too.

when I had the saturn transit when I was at college, I knuckled down to work. at that time I did not have a sense of direction ie what I wanted to 'be' but I knew that some qualitifications would be better than none. I have a bit of floaty water chart and had not been applying myself academically. looking back after 28 years Im glad I did apply myself then it has given me independence and the ability to work and look after myself and travel the world. education and qualifications has made a huge difference to my life. I did not have a wealthy family to fall back on or indeed a wealthy family at all.

if you are studying something you really do not enjoy that is tough. however even if your intention is not to work with this in your life it is still a good base for education. if you got this under your belt and did ok maybe you could then diversify in the things you wish to do. ie your could be more creative.do you know how many would be writers there are? not saying that to put you off but just to be practical(saturn)

as saturn moves into you 1st - it often sets up a new image, perhaps a move and in some cases new relationships. (certainly Im hoping for all of these too!!)

I guess my answer is quite saturnian. i have a strong saturn in my natal chart.

another way may be to try and get in touch with your mars energy in this house ie through dance so that you can begin to connect with yourself and maybe with others.

its interesting I would have though canada would be a great place to grow up. such a beautiful country. The only reason I got to see is cos I worked and saved my money to go there in my 20's.

another option is to discuss these feelings with your father. you never know you might get a different reply to what you expect.

Thank you Caro, and yes Canada is a wonderful place to grow up and live ;)
Let's see where our Libra Mars in 12 will lead us to!

Thanks also for the DVD recommendation, I'll check it out.

yassine01

Lol! I like you.

One thing I notice is the Mars in the 12th square Neptune in the 3rd. That's quite a subversive looking Mars, which is reflected in some of what you say (not expressing your anger, secretly writing a book or doing what your not supposed to do, fighting the system from within).

Jupiter on your Mercury in Leo makes it likely that people will listen to you when you speak up, especially in academic matters.

Of course, this is from a cursory look. I'm still pretty novice, not exactly wise. But I wanted to give it a try!

Finance... hrrrrrr... I feel for you.

Thank you dico! that's nice of you :)

yassine01

Just a couple of thoughts, I agree with Caro in a sense that if your father is paying for this education that you might consider completing the degree in finance given your challenging relationship there. Finance, although not very interesing and highly debatable these days, actually is a pretty good base to have. You can use it to your advantage every day and in every other business that you enter. Noticed that I said business, as everything tends to be some type of business when you break down an occupation. Possibly after finishing college you can redirect your energies somewhere else? Also, say you excel and do exeptionally well, maybe you can make a deal with your father in some way?

That being said, it looks like your Pluto is a singleton planet in your chart. It's the only planet in water. Some say that this can funnel the energy of the chart here. I'm not sure how it works with outers. Nevertheless, something to look at possibly.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/pluto/pluto.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm

Good luck

No I don't think my father is accessible to mutual understanding, unfortunately. We have inversed values. He is materialistic and obnubilated by what Simone Weil called "the social beast". I will do my best to get an independent position as soon as possible and follow my own path. It's ok if I have to work in business for a couple of years, no experience is bad.

Yeah, I have no other water signs. Pluto is far away, as a collective planet I don't think it can influence me directly. I'll take a look at your links, Thanks!

Thank you astrologer50 for your amazing help. Your research is very full and shockingly true... I have already started to direct my Mars-Neptune square in a constructive way: art, photography, writing. All these activities are done in a certain isolation but they greatly contribue to relieve me.

Concerning my social entourage, i will ask you to sympathize a little more before accusing me of arrogance. You are probably older than me (I'm 20), so you don't have to deal with college students everyday and their hellish small talk. Can you withstand a conversation in which you can only hear: OMAGOD YEAH AND THEN I WAS LIKE OMAGOD.....blablabla almost indifinitely? Add to that a great dose of coarse language and futilities I'm sure you don't want to know about. You probably have the chance to interact with mature people, but I'm still 20 and that's hard.

Thanks again :wink:
these people ARE you peers, not from another planet....

There must be something or someone on campus or social clubs, theology classes, libraries where you can meet more intellectual students. I don't buy it they you are constantly surrounded by thugs who can't hold a convesation.

With Transiting saturn sitting on your moon, this suggests finanical shortages, emotional withdrawal and poss bit depression and this goes on upto 2nd week December so prepare, research....

yassine01

There must be something or someone on campus or social clubs, theology classes, libraries where you can meet more intellectual students. I don't buy it they you are constantly surrounded by thugs who can't hold a convesation.

With Transiting saturn sitting on your moon, this suggests finanical shortages, emotional withdrawal and poss bit depression and this goes on upto 2nd week December so prepare, research....

Well you're welcome to drop by the nearest campus and see how it is. Our generation has probably nothing to do with yours. Good ol' years of books and student unionism are over. They only gather for let's-puke-on-each-other parties and defense of sexual rights. Of course there are exceptions, but they are getting rare. I do have few quality friends though.
Gaps between generations are getting wider and wider, people should try to understand that. These ones only have eyes for video games, cash, "chicks" and violently despise anything that comes in the way. They want everything here and now. We live in the world of immediacy, and in the world of immediacy the mediation of culture doesn't make any sense.
Anyway, this is isn't the right place to expose my pessimistic views of the future.

Ha, that Saturn transit. You see, it's exactly my final exams period, it starts next week and end at the 2nd week of December as you said. Dark times for sure, haha.

Thank you for what you've done!

yassine01

Exactly Quixotic, thank you for your intervention. My father was both a workaholic and aloof at home. He's everything but easygoing. Saturn in 4 is hard, I reckon, but it's possible to overcome. All we need to do is to lead our lives as the parents of ourselves.

To Miquar:

Most of your analysis is true. I should probably integrate some Piscean characteristics to my worldview. You see it's difficult, I'm sure Pisces has wonderful qualities. They're just not easy to develop, haha. Going with the flow.. to some extents that's possible, and it can be quite enjoyable. But dissolving oneself in the great soup, that is less agreeable, I find.

Thank you for taking time to reply! I appreciate it.

dico

Banned

When in a completely new place, it can be very hard to find people to connect with. I've also found it difficult to find people who are passionate about anything in college besides their i-phones and partying on the weekends. Sure they are in the library, and in interesting classes, but it is surprising how many don't care that they are there, and are just doing it because they feel they have to (much like Yassine is for finance, except she appears to have a better excuse).

Clubs do seem like the best place to find people who share your interests and want to have more meaningful conversations, since clubs are generally student driven. Keep looking (I'll keep looking too...)!

yassine01

There you go Dico, thanks ;). One more precision: I'm a straight male. The avatar is a little bit misleading, it's actually a scene from a French 60's movie I adore: Bande à part (1964), of Jean Luc Godard and Anna Karina.

Maybe we should bring back old European movies back to our screens and I will surely know where to find new and interesting friends :D.

dico

Banned
Well you're welcome to drop by the nearest campus and see how it is. Our generation has probably nothing to do with yours. Good ol' years of books and student unionism are over. They only gather for let's-puke-on-each-other parties and defense of sexual rights. Of course there are exceptions, but they are getting rare. I do have few quality friends though.
Gaps between generations are getting wider and wider, people should try to understand that. These ones only have eyes for video games, cash, "chicks" and violently despise anything that comes in the way. They want everything here and now. We live in the world of immediacy, and in the world of immediacy the mediation of culture doesn't make any sense.
Anyway, this is isn't the right place to expose my pessimistic views of the future.

Ha, that Saturn transit. You see, it's exactly my final exams period, it starts next week and end at the 2nd week of December as you said. Dark times for sure, haha.

Thank you for what you've done!

Just to note, a good example of the misunderstanding between generations is the Occupy Wall Street movement. Many folks who discredit the concerns of student loan debt are 50+, who don't understand why college debt is such a problem when it wasn't a problem for them (they could pay it back in an acceptable time frame, or work to pay for college) and then they call students today lazy or irresponsible for saying they have trouble with debt.

I overheard an interview with a young student aspiring to be a writer, who I really wanted to meet but was too shy to randomly introduce myself to her. She said some very wise things when asked, "What do you think our generation needs to do in order to make a better future?" She responded that we have to learn to give up on having everything we want, to be satisfied with less... not just in a materialistic sense but even in a spiritual sense that touches every part of our lives. She said we needed to learn to be humble, to slow down, and to be patient. She said she thought it seemed unfair that we should do this, because our parents always told us we could be whatever we wanted and do whatever we wanted. She said she believed our generation's lesson is to learn that this isn't exactly true.

Off-topic! Good luck on your exams!

Last edited: