ADD/ADHD Natal Charts

Starsareround

What are the social effects of adhd? Is adhd outgrown? Why didn't we have adhd when I was a kid? Do kids in Zimbabwe have adhd? What effect does love have on this condition?

As I said, we didn't have adhd when I was a kid. We didn't have tv or video games either. I don't suppose there's any connection...yet I wonder.

I think there may be a connection. In the case of Merc/Nept squares, the sensitivity to the environment and over abundance of "choices" in the modern/ affluent cultures possibly shuts down some level of sensory input in natives resulting in neurodiversity that is not common in other cultures.

Osamenor

Staff member
What are the social effects of adhd?
That is a very complex question. Speaking as someone with inattentive ADHD, who grew up undiagnosed... social isolation. Not being able to do anything right. Not being able to do well in school or the work world, even with a high IQ and everyone saying, "You're so smart!" Shame at not being able to keep a clean house. Possibly one reason I never married or had children.

And that's just my experience. From talking to other women with ADD, I know it's pretty common. For men, it may be a bit different--at the very least, men aren't expected to be as on top of everything as women... they're expected to have wives to keep them organized, not be the wife... but still some of the same applies.

If you really want a primer on it, I recommend Driven to Distraction by Edward Hallowell and John Ratey.
Is adhd outgrown?
No.

Why didn't we have adhd when I was a kid?
You did. I know people your age who have it, and they've had it all their lives. But back then, it wasn't well recognized, and was usually written off as badness or stupidity or both. Or, in some cases, known as "minimal brain dysfunction." Calling it attention deficit disorder didn't come along until later. Labels change, but what they're labeling doesn't necessarily.
Do kids in Zimbabwe have adhd?
Probably about 5% or 6% of them do. That's the latest estimate for how much of the general population does. I doubt it's any different in Zimbabwe. But it can manifest differently depending on culture, worldview, and expectations. And it may be that they're less likely to be identified that way in Zimbabwe.
What effect does love have on this condition?
None, anymore than love affects deafness or blindness or cerebral palsy. But love does make life in general better, for us as for anyone else.

As I said, we didn't have adhd when I was a kid. We didn't have tv or video games either. I don't suppose there's any connection...yet I wonder.
High doses of screen time can make neurotypical people act more like people with ADHD. But that's not the same thing. The ADHD brain is fundamentally different in some ways (brain scans have shown this).

By the same token, Uranus and Neptune and Pluto and Chiron have always existed, but not always been known to astronomers, let alone astrologers. To tie this back to astrology (astrologically posts only in astrological forums!), it seems to me that awareness of ADD/ADHD, in this particular way, correlates with what the outer planets are doing. Up thread, it's been mentioned that the explosion in diagnoses coincided with the Uranus/Neptune conjunction in Capricorn.

Starsareround

Osamenor;918813 Shame at not being able to keep a clean house. Possibly one reason I never married or had children. And that's just my experience. From talking to other women with ADD said:
Thank you for this. This is exactly why I am currently looking into this. The man I'm with is very organized and tidy and as we have gotten closer, its a huge problem for him, my housekeeping. Even though I spend at least an hour a day cleaning up, I'm totally lost with organization so I never have my place feeling or looking quite "right" and comfortable. I'm sure it must be adhd because i have no problem doing far more complex things than organizing a house, and not for lack of trying.

Osamenor

Staff member
Doctors and drug companies have a rather incestuous sort of relationship...DSM and that sort of thing. Could $ be at play in the shadows with all these new ailments?
With the push to treat them with drugs, perhaps. But drug company profits and incestuous relationships with doctors are not responsible for the existence of those conditions, any more than hearing aid companies are responsible for the existence of deafness.

Before posting any further, please read the ground rules for this thread:

A few ground rules I would like to set for this thread:

- This is a collective exploration thread, not a Read My Chart thread. Moderators, please don't move it!

- No posts that deny or dispute the existence of ADD/ADHD. Those of us who live with ADD have all too often had our perceptions, ways of being, and very existence denied or dismissed. This thread is meant to validate our experiences, not deny them. If you want to argue over the validity of the diagnosis, take it somewhere else.

- If your post is longer than 4 or 5 sentences (or 2 or 3 very long sentences), break it into paragraphs no more than 4 or 5 sentences long, with spaces between them. That keeps the text readable to people who have difficulty reading long blocks of electronic text, which often coexists with ADD (personal experience with that here!).

- Only post your own chart, and only if you yourself have ADD/ADHD (or believe you do). If your son, sister, ex-boyfriend, etc. has ADD and you want to know what aspects might be involved, it's fine to mention that, but let's only look at charts for people who are present to provide feedback and share their experiences.

For the record, I was not a moderator when I created this thread, but the moderators at the time were on board with the ground rules I set, and wilsontc helped me enforce them. Now that I'm a moderator myself, I can and will edit or delete posts that go off topic by violating those ground rules. Doesn't mean I'll do that to any other thread anyone starts about ADD/ADHD, but those rules apply to this one.

greybeard

That is a very complex question. Speaking as someone with inattentive ADHD, who grew up undiagnosed... social isolation. Not being able to do anything right. Not being able to do well in school or the work world, even with a high IQ and everyone saying, "You're so smart!" Shame at not being able to keep a clean house. Possibly one reason I never married or had children.

And that's just my experience. From talking to other women with ADD, I know it's pretty common. For men, it may be a bit different--at the very least, men aren't expected to be as on top of everything as women... they're expected to have wives to keep them organized, not be the wife... but still some of the same applies.

If you really want a primer on it, I recommend Driven to Distraction by Edward Hallowell and John Ratey.
No.

You did. I know people your age who have it, and they've had it all their lives. But back then, it wasn't well recognized, and was usually written off as badness or stupidity or both. Or, in some cases, known as "minimal brain dysfunction." Calling it attention deficit disorder didn't come along until later. Labels change, but what they're labeling doesn't necessarily.
Probably about 5% or 6% of them do. That's the latest estimate for how much of the general population does. I doubt it's any different in Zimbabwe. But it can manifest differently depending on culture, worldview, and expectations. And it may be that they're less likely to be identified that way in Zimbabwe.
None, anymore than love affects deafness or blindness or cerebral palsy. But love does make life in general better, for us as for anyone else.

High doses of screen time can make neurotypical people act more like people with ADHD. But that's not the same thing. The ADHD brain is fundamentally different in some ways (brain scans have shown this).

By the same token, Uranus and Neptune and Pluto and Chiron have always existed, but not always been known to astronomers, let alone astrologers. To tie this back to astrology (astrologically posts only in astrological forums!), it seems to me that awareness of ADD/ADHD, in this particular way, correlates with what the outer planets are doing. Up thread, it's been mentioned that the explosion in diagnoses coincided with the Uranus/Neptune conjunction in Capricorn.

Thank you Osita

greybeard

FYI... I wasn't denying or disputing anything.

As I said at the outset I know nothing about these ailments.

It has been in the news for several years that a drug used to treat these conditions has caused serious problems (school shootings, suicides, etc.). The incestuous relationship between doctors and drug companies is beyond question, I think. And the DSM is known to be a means of "communication" between the diagnostic clinician and insurance companies.

Osamenor

Staff member
FYI... I wasn't denying or disputing anything.

As I said at the outset I know nothing about these ailments.

It has been in the news for several years that a drug used to treat these conditions has caused serious problems (school shootings, suicides, etc.). The incestuous relationship between doctors and drug companies is beyond question, I think. And the DSM is known to be a means of "communication" between the diagnostic clinician and insurance companies.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Most of the drugs prescribed for ADHD are stimulants. Ritalin, the classic one, is speed by another name. If used by someone with ADHD to treat their condition, it treats their condition, and doesn't make them react violently or suicidally at all. However, plenty of neurotypicals abuse those drugs, and in that case, it can create violent impulses.

Also, lots of people with ADHD take meds for depression, anxiety, or both, because those conditions frequently coexist with ADHD (always being wrong and having it denied, or being identified but then othered, is a great way to create depression and anxiety!), and those drugs are well known to have violence or suicide as possible side effects, whether or not ADHD is involved. Some of those antidepressant/antianxiety drugs may be prescribed for ADHD alone because they have some effect on that as well.

Completely agreed about the incestuous relationship between drug companies and doctors. It does lead to more drugs being prescribed than are actually needed. But, I'm an herbalist. I guess I'm biased in favor of the healing plants people have been using for millennia.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
It has been in the news for several years that a drug used to treat these conditions has caused serious problems (school shootings, suicides, etc.).

And to further address this, I just did a quick search, and apparently the ADHD drug "causing" school shootings has been thoroughly debunked. That was a myth spread by the NRA, to deflect from the fact that mass shootings require guns. There is actually no correlation at all between medication, for ADHD or anything else, and school shootings.

alyoshaag

And here's a repost of my chart, with Ceres:

from my point of view, the source of trouble (ADHD) in this chart is the square of Mercury with Neptune. (the mind have troubles with the thoughts they have hard time and swing to nebulous out of now and here)

I have this square and my Mercuy is in Pisces (this add an restless mind) with conj of the Jupiter (this reinforce and expand this erratic Mercury). Jupiter also have a square to with a Neptune. And Neptune is in conj. with MC so is very strong. There is no need to mention others challanging aspects...

An ADHD can not stand in place for long (must go from now and here) is restless

Best Regards

Geminidominant

I have 11 square, 6 oppositions and 5 conjunctions. I also have 8 trines and 3 sextiles. Is that considered to be a lot of negative aspects compared to the amount of positive ones or is it a moderate amount?

Osamenor

Staff member
I have 11 square, 6 oppositions and 5 conjunctions. I also have 8 trines and 3 sextiles. Is that considered to be a lot of negative aspects compared to the amount of positive ones or is it a moderate amount?

Do you have ADD/ADHD, or suspect you do?

This thread is only for discussing the charts of people with diagnosed or suspected ADD/ADHD. If that's you, you need to make that clear. If that's not you, you may not post about your chart in this thread.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

What does that have to do with ADD/ADHD? This thread is about ADD/ADHD, not autism. If you want to talk about autism specifically, that should be another thread. If you mean to make some connection between autism and ADD/ADHD, please make it clear what connection you're making. If you're not making any connection with ADD/ADHD, your post is off topic.

I forgot about my 2017 post before you were the mod, you knew it had to do with ADD and ADHD. I was tested for ADD and there were similar symptoms of intense forgetfulness, easily distracted, lack of focus when I have to stay focused, easily goes off topic and feeling hyped (long rants or talking spells). Note I have an Uranus (Scorpio) square sun and moon (Aquarius) and it's thought to been a factor of a person is born with a neurological disorder or a form of neurodivergence.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Attention Defecit Hyperactivity Disorder.

I just want to add that, apart from afflictions from/between Moon-Mercury-Saturn-Uranus, harsh Mars (activity)-Jupiter (hyper) have been observed to play a role in cases of ADHD.
The chart shows such afflictions, with Mercury, ruler Asc.(constitution) conjunct Mars to Jupiter opposition.

I work with the Placidus house system, which places the Scorpio stellium in the 6th house, with Mercury semi-square (predisposition towards dis-order) Pluto.

Like I've said in an earlier post on this thread, Mercury's position in natal charts along with Uranus are attributes of a person's intelligence, psyche, impairment and disability. Note my sun/moon is in 8th house and Uranus being Aquarius' ruler squares them (Uranus in 5th lodged in Scorpio). Mercurial communication skills can be impaired here, the kind of classic or typical traits of ADD/ADHD, also memory and focus is like a "broken TV/radio/computer" in my own mind.

ooosol

I have diagnosed ADD...among other things. Chiron conjunct Mercury 11th house Virgo, Hidalgo conjunct ASC 1st house Scorpio.

Attachments

• as.jpg
    as.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 63

Kikaki

I have been diagnosed ADD as adult. In my natal chart there is moon opposite uranus, saturn and neptune. Someone mentioned hard moon aspects earlier.

Also mercury neptune aspects.. There is long lasting neptune transit conjuncting my natal and progressed mercury, venus, sun. Whole my life neptune has been transiting near my natal or progressed mercury..

When i was 10-year-old transit neptune was conjunct my natal mercury. When i was 15-year-old transit neptune was conjunct my natal venus and progressed mercury.

When i was 20-year-old transit neptune was conjunct my natal sun and progressed mercury.
When i was 25-year-old transit neptune was conjunct my progressed mercury.

When i was 30-year-old transit neptune was still conjunct my progressed mercury
When i turn 35-year-old trasit neptune is conjunct my progressed mercury and venus
When 40-year-old transit neptune conjunct my progressed sun, venus, mercury stellium
45-year-old transit neptune conjunct my progressed sun, venus, mercury stellium and square my natal neptune.

So.. long neptune transit is following my progressed planets. When my progressed planets move, so move transiting neptune.

I work in creative field and i have wonderful imagination but i'm just scatterbrained and dreamer.

Humanitarian

1698413934604.png

I'm not a diagnosed ADHDer like you, Osa, but I'm showing my chart to you, because I have symptoms of both Autism and ADHD, such as hyperactivity, loss of anger control, no out of the box thinking, black and white thinking, et cetera

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm not a diagnosed ADHDer like you, Osa, but I'm showing my chart to you, because I have symptoms of both Autism and ADHD, such as hyperactivity, loss of anger control, no out of the box thinking, black and white thinking, et cetera

What leaps out at me at first glance is that you have Uranus at the top of your chart and square your Sun. Strong Uranus, check. Uranus/Sun aspect, check.

I don't have time to look into it more right now, but thanks for sharing! Maybe someone else sees something to note.

Frisiangal

What leaps out at me at first glance is that you have Uranus at the top of your chart and square your Sun. Strong Uranus, check. Uranus/Sun aspect, check.

I don't have time to look into it more right now, but thanks for sharing! Maybe someone else sees something to note.

Moon inconjunct Uranus too. Yet no aspect to Mercury square Saturn, the apparent 4-planet classic links indicative in autism scale charts., plus Pluto (obsessions) influence.
There IS a 75* aspect ( effects of which I'm studying and trying to connect a suitable 'keyword' to) between Mercury-Uranus. Not as harsh as strain and stress, yet ???:unsure: Any ideas, Humanitarian?
Harsh Mars-Jupiter aspects are often significant in the ADHD spectrum charts, to which Neptune will adds its influence. Mars in Leo (anger control!) is in 3rd house, associated with mental application of thought processes, and is ruler of 6th house in youth.

MEAN Black Moon Lilith is on 7+:aquarius: trine Saturn in 4th house and semi-square aspect to Uranus. That would seem to say something regarding an 'old soul skill' trying to give a 'hidden genius talent' an outlet in the modern world. :wink::biggrin: