Driving and your sun sign

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
"I'd rather get into a car with a 24-year-old Leo than a 25-year-old Aries," Romanov said.

That's right! I've recently started carpooling to and from school, and my friends enjoy it more when I drive, even when it's their days to drive, they usually give up the driver's seat when they come to pick me up...maybe they're just lazy...

franklin taylor

Hello Stellium,
Interesting article! My father (an Aries) never had an accident with other people, but his vehicles eventually always took a beat up appearance. He had that "Trail Blazing" attitude. By this I mean he like to drive through the woods cutting out trails literally. He'd hit a rock or a tree stump every once in a while. He would take a two-wheel drive places most would be frightened to take their four-wheel drive vehicles. Yes he was not much of a driver on the highway. Quite dangerous in fact a slow driver there, he would drive faster in the woods LOL, but lucky I guess. I don't know about the Leo fact. I guess stats do not lie, but I can longsuffer many shortcomings of others, but not on the road. This Leo has a temper there LOL! I do not tolerate it too well. I, unrealistically, expect people to be able to drive at least as well as I do. Yeah...right Hehe. I have had only one accident and it was when someone hit me from behind (not my fault). Two speeding tickets though. Deserved many more as most do. Counting up the different vehicles I have had, I know I have driven at least 500,000 miles. So I think I have been a pretty good driver and most of all LUCKY. Certainly not always safe. I'd gladly bet Leos rank high in the "Close Call" and "Near Miss" situations concerning potential driving accidents, but most everyone has some of those stories, and no one is counting those. My Mother (a Libra) has had accidents and is a nervous person behind the wheel thus anyone with her will be nervous LOL. She does not drive much anymore.
Take care....driving
Franklin

Celeste

i m an aries leo rising... LOL ... maybe is why i havent driven a car in 20 years. im starting again now.... and it doesnt look good, yo... especially since i have mars in scorpio in my 3rd house.... yikes.:eek:

I have Mercury in Pisces square Neptune, and for the safety of the public I have chosen not to drive. I don't think this is a good placement for driving, I get easily distracted. My Boyfriend has a pretty good Mercury profile he has Mercury in Leo and it is not to badly aspected he is a confident driver. I am surprised they let me drive a truck in my last place of work (I never even passed the test :p ). I have Uranus in 3rd square my 6th house Mars, their in mutual reception. I am a crash waiting to happen. :D

LVaries

This doesn't seem fair to Libra. Many a Tauraus & Leo are driven everywhere in their chauffeur-driven limousines. And perhaps Libra, too. But Libra, always wanting to be so nice, they probably tell their illigal-immigrant drivers without driver's licenses to skeedaddle after the accident, jumps into the drivers seat and takes the blame for it.

Moulin

Hey !

My Aries stellium has never had a car accident in 16 years of driving.. although l do drive very fast and spend a lot of time on a race track :p

I am a perfect driver:)lol........capricorn asc aqua....(ive never bumped anything in 14 years)....

god help you , if your an **** on the road...........I'll let you know!!!!!!

Slow drivers just get outta my way!

I'm not always this pompous and self righteous.....!!!

Last edited:

deanna

I have mars retrograde and I am left handed. I was told that this also is an influence with bad driving. My car accidents usually consist of me running into objects. This was in my younger years though. I don't have the best of luck with cars.

1) A drunk ran into my only new car while it was parked in front of my house on Thanksgiving. He was going down the street in reverse with his lights off and missed every car except mine. I am a small woman but I ran after his car and he pulled over and got out stumbling. I took his keys and I made sure he waited until the police came and got him.

2) Someone tried stealing my second car by punching out the dashboard/ignition with a screwdriver. Ironically it happened when I was at a friend’s house watching the last presidential debates and discussing the need for more money to fight crime. It took only a 1/2 hour of parking my car for the attempted auto theft to occur.

3) On Christmas day last year someone slashed the back tires on my 1991 ford wagon. The only thing valuable on the car were the tires. It was shocking waking up to this on Christmas day. I guess there where other cars that had tires slashed in the area. This still really bothers me.

This all occurred in Minneapolis, MN.

I have friends that have never driven and I they seem more healthy because they walk. I am more than happy to offer rides. Here in America if you don't have a car it’s really looked down on. It’s okay not to want to drive. Maybe in a past life something happened so they rather go on foot?

-De

Last edited:

mdinaz

My guess is that Libras tend to be non-confrontational and timid drivers, and timid drivers are a major problem because they can't decide to get out of their own way, thus causing accidents. Aquarians - well - Uranus. Duh.

I have Gemini Sun, Leo Moon, Taurus rising, but Mars conjunct Pluto and Uranus, road rager. But I must have good hands and sharp reflexes, since I had one accident (in 1986, head on collision) that was partially caused by sheer black ice on the road (the rest caused by me - LOL), and nothing since. Even half the times I've been stopped for speeding I never got a ticket. I think total 5 tickets since 1981, and I speed ALL THE TIME. :)

smilingsteph

Gemini here too!
Sort of suprised...would think that a gemini would be going through their purse, talking on the phone, putting on lipstick and singing a song all while driving. Guess with the ability to multi-task driving is one of them that we perform well...I love driving because I like to see different things and feel free in the car, like I can go wherever I want to. I dont think I am a bad driver...

LostVegas

If I were to trust a driver to do two things at once while driving I would trust a Gemini, for who can do two different tasks simultaneously, and do both of them well. My sister drives long distances and reads romantic fiction books along the way, one hand on the wheel, other on the book, never an accident. It scares me the thought of someone like Tauraus rolling down the highway with a cellphone in his hands. Now there's a sign that does best focusing on one task at hand. I have Gemini Rising and I carry a pee jar with me as I'm too restless and lazy to stop and spend the time to stop the car, go find a restroom and lose a lot of time, I pee and drive. Never an accident.

Neptune Rising

This is funny!
Well, Im a Capricorn sun, Sagitarius rising and Mars in Sag in the 1st. I am very careful, for speed cameras police, because I usually speed. One mate told me its like going to the dodgems when in my car. I've not hit anything though.

NR

Arian Maverick

I don't know if I'm cautious because I'm a relatively new driver, but speed demon just isn't my style, even though I've been told that I have a natural inclination to be this way due to my first house Aries stellium and third house Mars in Gemini.

In fact, my parents were much more worried about me becoming distracted while driving, and this is still my main weakness although I have attempted mightily to overcome it and keep my eyes on the road. Don't get me wrong, my eyes aren't darting all over the place while I'm driving, but I get distracted by unusual sights and situations, and that split-second diversion can cause accidents.

I think I'm getting better, but darn it, I like to know what's going on around me! This is why I much prefer to be the passenger than the driver--because I can look around and do multiple things at once.

I have Mercury in Pisces square Neptune, and for the safety of the public I have chosen not to drive. I don't think this is a good placement for driving, I get easily distracted.

I have my natal Mercury in Aries, but it's also square Neptune with an orb of about four degrees--a degree less than my Sun and Mercury. Saturn is conjunct Neptune in my chart and squares my stellium with a slightly tighter orb, so I don't if its influence overrides Neptune--but like you, I get easily distracted.

Mercury is the ruler of my third house cusp, interestingly...

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

smilingsteph

Shoot I just got a ticket for speeding, 80 in a 60 zone...I am a Gemini and took the ticket. I was trying to find my CD's, put on lipstick while singing in the car, did not realize I was going to fast!
I dont think charm helps, trust me!

Heart of a Scorpio

smilingsteph said:
Shoot I just got a ticket for speeding, 80 in a 60 zone...I am a Gemini and took the ticket. I was trying to find my CD's, put on lipstick while singing in the car, did not realize I was going to fast!
I dont think charm helps, trust me!

NEver did the report say Gemini never get tickets. :p

Sorry but thats plain irresponsible in my book smiling.....i like you, but that deserves a ticket.......perhaps you'll have some more respect for others on the road........you could have killed someone.
Thats the problem.....people get in there cars and think they are in there own worlds......

Natasha

We seem to have two set of rules in Melbourne. The road rules and the rules made up by the drivers over time. The latter is sacroscant to the dominant drivers and the former is only relevant if you get caught
Was talking to an astrologer friend the other day and this subject came up. He thinks it could be to do with Australias chart. We apparantly have a cap sun which I think he said is conjunct saturn - must find this chart.

But we have a lot of planets in Sag

So the rules Cap are flavoured by our beliefs we think are right (for us)

I will find australias chart & maybe start a thread on the mundane astrolgy area and start it rolling with this perspective.

The maximum speed limit is regarded as the minimum speed limited by the driver sub rules.

Racing up to red lights is also De RIgour

And waiting till the arrow turns orange then only one cars screams thru is also a popular turning style

Not concretrating on driving is also de rigour - any distraction is a good one be it mobiles (cell phone), a newspaper or book, anything on the floor or seat or the back seat that needs doing can be done during driving

Also arms out of windows and flicking cigarettes including flicking away LIVE cigarrettes is de rigour style. Its just not cool if your arms not hangin out and your ciggie isnt gettin flicked about out side hehehehe

Now I somehow suspect that themes around these enthustically embraced group norms in Melbourne are found in the Ozzie chart as my friend suggested.

Last edited: