Our Online Identities and Forum Roles

Arian Maverick

I suspect I may be approaching this topic from an entirely too analytical perspective (as my sixth house Virgo South Node is prone to do), yet I am continuously fascinated by the dynamics of this community and the interaction between its members, as well as the online identities we have created for ourselves.

My name is Beth, yet through the assumed alias of Arian Maverick, I have been mistaken for male on several occasions throughout my participation on the forums. The revelation of each gender error has caused me to question how others perceive me, and several variations of such questioning can be found in the thread The Sabian Symbols' Oracle - Questions and Answers.

I am also keenly aware of my self-proposed role on the forums, especially my shortcomings in astrological interpretation and discussion. I fear I have very little to offer the community except boundless enthusiasm and reckless initiation, but I suppose someone must rally the troops...

How would you describe your online identity and/or your "role" on the forums? ;)

Arian Maverick

Solastro

Arian M..

Ah yes.. it's all rather interesting.. but who are we really? How did we 'really' get here? Apart from 'the standard' answer..

Other identities within our outer worldly identities.. am I a writer.. a poet.. a scientist.. 'a weirdo' or 'a wise one'.. I mean one who practices astrology etc.. studies mythology.. an investigator.. an entity of unknown origin.. sometimes deadly serious.. mostly.. & sometimes rather playful with myself & others.. yes so who am I really? Well I'm lots of things & more.. at different times.. oh yes all these 'inner characters'.. searching for acknowledgement.. & expression.. after all they only want to help us on our way! Wherever that may be...

Yes I am 'a man'.. this time around.. so maybe that's why I chose the name 'Solastro'.. symbolising the Sun.. with Leo on the 4th cusp.. that deepest place of 'Self'...

OK then..

Last edited:

StelliumGoat

I would describe myself on most forums as someone who hides out in the shadows, not saying very much and reading most of the threads that people make. I would say I am a very private person. It takes a very long time to truly know and understand me. On the outside I have a very quiet demeanor, and even have been asked a few times why I am so quiet. I think that when people get to know me they see a completely different side to me that they didn't expect. Once I'm comfortable with someone they get to see more of my sensitive side, my goofy side, and even my loud side. I guess it's the loudness that might surprise them. I'm kind of a contradiction. I'm able to be quiet and aloof, yet there is this loud and almost flashy side of me that wants to get out.

Chaldean

I guess I'm here to gain more insight into astrology. I'd say I'm the guy who's always asking questions to increase my understanding of astrology. I guess by asking questions all the time, that would make me the guy who refreshes everyones memory. :)

VenusInAries

Well for me to say how others view me on this forum would be hard.. I can't. I can say that my friends in real life have all said the same thing to me, that I am nothing at all like my first impression. Which I do hold most back of who I am until I'm sure where someone is coming from. I think of myself as a dichotomy, I'm shy..yet out going.. I'm playful..yet reserved ..I'm a one woman comic show yet serious ...I'm vulnerable and weak, yet strong and fiesty.. but I know myself better then others and in a venue such as this it would be hard to say how others saw me.

Arian I would say I was guilty at first of thinking you were male soley by the name then when I talked to you in the chat forum and you were so playful and helpful and kind I just knew you were female :)

I can definetly understand how stereo-types, misconceptions, and judgements can color our views here of others but I try to just let people be who they are.. Jupiter is in Sag ..and my mars in sag likes to say live and let live :)

So forum and let forum :p

Belgianmoonguy

Although i like to delude people from time to time, i choose clear and obvious nicks...
No one doubts i'm a guy, due to my nick... And Belgian stands for the country i live in and Moon, well... I'm a Cancer Sun...
I post whenever i have a question or an opinion, or when I think i have an answer...

BMG

weee11

well, i guess im the typical common user that come and goes when he is looking for answers. my nickname is realy something made up from a scratch to get inside as quickly as possible hehe.. i am more a man of questions than answers, i realy got into astrology to see what it says about me, its somethign in my ego that makes me sometimes self centerd.. the thing that realy cathced me into astrology is when i read about my sun sign scorpio, and kept reading fro, here and ther for the pure enjoy of what they say about me, i was shocked when i discovered some aspects of sexuality, manipulaion, agressivnes, and all those "nice" things about scorpio sun.. it realy got into me because inside i knew i have this aspects, after some time i began accepting these aspects and a wil to be a better person has arised. after a while i wondered to myself "no way i am only that, ther must be something more ritch and far to get" and after a lot of google-searchin' i discoverd things like moon sign and natal chart by a quincidence, i searched many sites to see my natal charts and etc.. and astrologyweekly appeard infront of my eyes, i yerned for a community full of people with knowledge and advices, from around the globe with diffrent signs and charecaristics, with a need to expand my knowledge about myself, and a need to feel uniqe among many (every one here is uniqe as much as i am ;) )
overall i realy enjoy people, and people with a lesson to tell 'bout life
in this forum i feel like the eternal wonderer :D

starbuck

Origin of Astrology
Anybody know where it started or in which country. A friend of mine asked and i thought it was Vedic Astrology but not sure.

Humanitarian

I love to use nicknames/alias that is composed of anything of an outer planet or dwarf planet, such as my AW nickname (I have heavily Aquarian characteristics,and humanitarian is one of the good characters of Aquarius/Uranus, which is kind of similar to AquaMav). My presentation is kind of similar to David Starling, because both of us are Piscean/Aquarian people, means that I and him are both into Aquarian things, and this shows that friendship isn't age-restricted, because I'm 13 and he's 76.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

Origin of Astrology
Anybody know where it started or in which country. A friend of mine asked and i thought it was Vedic Astrology but not sure.
Vedic Astrology came from India, and Western Astrology came from the Babylonian civilization, which is based in Iraq

Humanitarian

If I describe my role in this forum, it's about offering all of my alternative perspectives of normal things in astrology that are percieved as bad, like malefics, squares, semisquares, etc and too earthy and non-spiritual, like zodiac signs Taurus and Capricorn. I'm also providing informations about Uranian Astrology, Sabian Symbols and Esoteric Astrology, three unknown and obscure elements of Modern Astrology, and even use dwarf planets extensviely, even horary!

JUPITERASC

Origin of Astrology

The Babylonians used horoscopic astrology. :)
By observing the seasonal movement of the sun, moon & planets
the Babylonians connected their beliefs of divine intervention in their everyday life to space and time.