The 12th House - Your Thoughts

Hello

Just wondering about 12th house. I don't have anything in my 12th house and its cusp falls in Pisces for me.

I was thinking about this house because in a number of years from now I will have a progressed sun in Pisces in the 12 th house. Was thinking about the impact of this. I suppose isolation? I really haven't paid any attention to this house because of my natal chart.

But then I noticed that a lot leaders have a 12th house sun, eg Bush, Putin and Carter, to name a few.

So I was wondering if you can do the same here for the 12th house like a previous post re the 6th house. What have you got in your 12th house and what are your impressions of the 12th house?

Mary

I don´t see any reason why you should worry about you progressed sun being in the 12th... it may be a very rewaring time if you try to get the best of it.

If you want to have more details about you 12th, you may look up for the placement of both jupiter and neptune...Personally I think it´s quite special to have pisces cusp in a pisces house...expansion of the trascendence of self,...when you became one with all...

There is sth quite special about water houses...

I have moon in the 12th house,...it was just going up the horizon when I was born, it´s right there in my asc and this is how i feel it...

I think i can conncet with people in another level, my emotions are my best kept secret and sometimes it´s strives those moments of solitude and tranquility, when we feel we are alone, but yet we are not... we may come to a state so peaceful that we may even feel we are one with all. The feeling comes to me for example when I get near an open window at night, and see the stary night and I think about how every little thing connects to actually be one whole,... that´s when I trascend my self, and I find peace, beacause I no longer worried about money, career, daily issues (6th house).

I personally think that when natal opposition between 6th and 12th house when are well developed they may find and lovley balance between daily routines and the wondefullness of being "in other place" with our minds...

Of course I can speak of emotions... since my moon is there... but Iñm sure more people with differents placements and aspects may offer another interesting views..

Mary

wilsontc

Staff member
12th house

Mary,

The 12th house is where energy in our chart is "dissolved". The boundaries between ourselves and others are completely broken down so that we don't know where "we" end and "they" begin. "Us" and "them" become meaningless as our energy all becomes one. This can mean a high level of spiritual awareness, but it can also indicate an openness to deception or idealization, as we tend to lose track of ourselves. The challenge with energies in the 12th house is to flow into everything around us, while still retaining some sense of who we are. This can be achieved if we create some alone time for ourselves every now and then, when we can recharge our energy. Otherwise a person who has 12th house energies and is continually around others may find themselves to be "drained" of energy by those around them.

Spiritually,

Tim

lilllybelle

My saturn is at 11 degrees leo in the 11th house. So right now I'm experiencing my saturn return, which I'm finally starting to enjoy. So I was scared of Saturn going into my 12th becused I thought all of my friends would fall off the face of the earth and I wouldn't have a single date for the next 2 years, but the experience has been quite different. My life has been so full of people even though at times I have gotten extrodinarily spaced out with all this 12th house activity(which got me into a lot of trouble at work). In some ways it seems my life has never been fuller. There have been times when I wish I had the luxury to retreat but there has been a lot of love around me in the form of friends. Even those rare occasions when I knew I was alone I felt like I was surrounded by a million souls and I felt very full sitting by myself. I felt very lonely when saturn was going through my 11th. When I did a little reserch into my past. I found that when saturn moved from my 6th to my 7th I became very isolated. The 7th house felt more like how people describe the 12th to be. I'm saying this with it in mind that the 6th and the 7th are the opposites of the 12th and the 1st. Lilllybelle

lillybelle - transiting saturn in 12th probably also means just working behind the scenes as well.

Mary - having a 12th house moon, apart from making you very reticent expressing your emotion probably also allows you to express yourself in a very spiritual and artistic way. Probably better than my 7th house moon, which makes partner up with others :)

Francesca

My 12th house is very active natally and by transit right now. I have saturn and pluto conjunct in Leo,sextile mars in 10th and neptune in 2nd.

I have suffered a lifelong emotional blockage due to an abusive childhood, but now during my second saturn return, am beginning to change this. It is a big deal emotionally and very difficult. It is very behind the scenes to many people in my life. I think it has been triggered not only by t-saturn but by t-chiron, also.

I am for the first time, starting to cope with some behavioral issues whose etiology was buried deep in my psyche. In some ways, it is invigorating. In some ways, emotionally devastating. I guess we just deal with things when we can.

laliqueviolin

Ahh please forgive me if my reply is too fragmented, I can't seem to think clearly tonight, but I wanted to share something worthwhile in this forum! I have my Mars in 12th house, in Taurus.

Materialism is something that becomes very prominent in my life, because I have been taunted in this area more so than activity and anger issues(Mars) so, I will share you from what I understand from having a 12th house so close to home.

I feel the 12th house is quite an enriching placement. Since it is in my Mars Taurus, my action would be that I accumulate quite a lot of everything-- wealth of information, wealth of living emotional experience, wealth of tangible work hardships, wealth of skills in crafting, gardening, cooking etc.,.

Sacrifice, giving away, dissolvement(as Tim noted)

I frequently enjoy throwing, giving, cleaning things away to keep a certain "purity" of mind and heart. It is a replenishment. If my room accumulates too many magazines, bits and pieces of things that I think I will later use, overtime my room gets cluttered and its a complete mess. I would sit and wonder "it was just yesterday that my room was so spotless!" Then I look with a dreaded depression and discouragement of what happened when I became slightly blind at this spot(Taurus). (Like a minotaur in its own labyrinth, eh? ;) )

Also, I found it so unfortunate and odd when people often believe and secretly talk behind my back that I am seem to be as some rich, spoiled girl. This causes quite a barrier between friends whom I dearly want to spend my funds freely with.. because I seem to antagonize them through money power. 12th house in Taurus will do that, in public eye it will turn into some sort of an illusion.. but how I see the truth, inside, is not immediately understood.

It can also go both ways:

Someone who is poor but knows value can look much richer than someone who works all day and spends on everything... it shows on their faces. Really, I've seen girls who pretend they have millions in their banks through showing off, but in their faces I can just detect their secret. Its like an enslavement.

I am not a rich person by income, but I feel I can make millions out of a few dollars. I want to tell them the wonderful value of appreciation for material things, to cherish and take care of them, but not to hold onto them. I am too easily ridiculed for being materialistic because I project this illusion out to the world, but I think to myself why has materialism gone to such bad light? Because nobody knows the value of materials. They are too quick to judge, too quick to say that being unmaterialistic will bring them ultimate happiness... well, they are wrong. Deprivation never brought any good. We're all here on earth for a reason.. and I enjoy being here and spending my riches any way that I want as long as it doesn't do any harm. And also, it's gonna be a while before you reach your end... I wish people would stop thinking too far ahead of themselves and just enjoy the present now.

I enjoy shopping for clothes just as much as the next person-- but the secret to enjoying any sort of materialism is to know they will not last forever. And look forward to that joyful day when you will give them all away without hesitation. This is my peace. To give away.

How I enjoy gardening and planting, to see flowers and trees in bloom within a patience waiting of several days, or months. You can plant elegant, dark colored roses near a rustic shack, and it will look well aged. It will look like shack belonging to a rich mansion. But this illusion isn't the enjoyment, no, the true enjoyment was the appreciation of this earthly, fleeting thing... and this illusion was, an added bonus. Let other people think what they want to think but the real richness is the secret only you understand. ;)

Not many individuals seem to understand the value of taking care of their clothes, their shoes, their antiques, CDs, Mother Earth etc.,. It seems all a waste to them. So they get more and more, and eventually they cannot be able to take care of them so its worthless. People throw clothes everywhere, they get stepped on, or the seam falls, or maybe you let that stain settle in for too long and now it can't get out. The CDs are out of their CD cases, they are all over the floor and they get all scratched up... and don't get me started on the environment. Lol. The moment I step outside, I feel a longing to be near a natural resource-- the beach, the greens, mountains, woods, anywhere.

The 12 house might take a while, but truly, like the old attic-fashion, once you get there and start cleaning and clearing the dirt and dust away, you'll definetly find something for your troubles!

Tarion

I have intercepted aries sun and intercepted pisces mercury in 12th, these placements have taken me years to fully understand and make the most of! As a child I was totally helpless against other "stronger" children and I would never fight back if someone was a bit mean to me. And, of course, shyness and extreme difficulties with speaking up for my self in groups and other settings where this is required.

At the age of 26 and some years of studying astrology, I have luckily matured sufficently enough to stand up for my self and not be taken advantage over (at least not too much :p). I also need plenty of time alone, to regenerate and somehow get back to my self again, too much sociallising can be very draining for my energy.

To me, the advantages of having a strong 12th house is an easy understanding of more "spiritual" subjects and a quiet strength and comfort by seeing the "bigger picture" somehow.. Can't explain it all that well, blame my pisces mercury, which of course is square neptune and opposite saturn, just to make things even better. :)

devalight

I have Pluto in the 12th in Virgo (actually 0 degrees right on the line between 11th and 12th) almost exactly conjunct the Part of Fortune and trine Mars in Aries in the 8th house.

What Tim says about the boundaries being dissolved between the person and others is something I really understand and experience.

I think there is a definite spiritual connection with the 12th. Also, I sometimes feel I really belong somewhere else, not here in this body. I am sure that this feeling comes from this configuration, it is very interesting.

Devalight

devalight

In addition to Mars trine Pluto, there is the Moon sextile Pluto and Neptune sextile Pluto. There is also a quintile from Venus to Pluto, and the Sun is parallel Pluto.

So --all this aspects the 12th house Pluto at the Part of Fortune.

Devalight

devalight

Mary,

It has been awhile but I am back. My Pluto is closly conjunct my Part of Fourtune (both at 0 degress Virgo right on the cusp of the 12th house. Pluto is trine Mars in the 8th(in Aries!) and Pluto is sextile to Moon and sextile to Neptune.

Devalight

unukalhai

devalight said:
I think there is a definite spiritual connection with the 12th. Also, I sometimes feel I really belong somewhere else, not here in this body. I am sure that this feeling comes from this configuration, it is very interesting.

Very true! Remember that #12 is a water house, naturally ruled by Neptune. The 12th is highly spiritual, the most spiritual house IMHO.

Dissolution of the ego is a major factor of the 12th house. It is also the house of dreams.

For many, the 12th house is a very difficult place to access and even more difficult to develop. things there can be hidden deep inside the self, and often have a difficult time finding expression.

Esoteric astrology indicates the sign on the 12th house cusp was the ascendant of the previous incarnation, and planets within the 12th indicate the focus of that previous incarnation.

It's also said the condition of the 12th house reflect the issues and conditions of the early childhood as well as the experience in the womb.

The 12th house is a part of our unconscious. It's energy is often expressed through the aspects between 12th house planets and planets in other houses.

Also, if you are interested in reading a whole book on this often misunderstood and neglected house, check out Tracy Mark's "Your Secret Self: Illuminating the Mysteries of the Twelfth House", ISBN 0-916360-43-1. It's definitly an interesting read if the 12th is an important house in your chart.

S

starnoud

For those seeking a deeper understanding
of their birth planets located in the 12th house
The Twelfth House
written by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

Discover

Well...I have saturn and north node in my twelfth house...(in aries)...am I doomed to be in isolation for long lengths of time? Or is this my 12th house fears speaking?

VenusInAries

I have Virgo cusp 12th house.. I have Pluto Jupiter Uranus conjuncting my 29 degree virgo South Node in the 12th. I do see the spiritual side of the 12th, the letting go etc.. but I do know I can be a self undoer like no ones business.. destruction of Pluto and the needing for it to transform in the house of undoing along with Jupiter to just expand that to no end is not always easy. I will be having Saturn approaching my 11th house soon and I do worry about being lonely..then worry about the 12th house then the rising.. I truly like hearing of others experiences of these transits and would love to hear more how how things different transits affected you all. I'm curious when you said you thought saturn would make you lonley when in the 12th house but had the opposite affect did you have any other transits going on that would have negated that? Thanks ;)

Discover

Let's see, I may have mentioned that I have Saturn and my North node in the twelfth house, in Aries. When Saturn was going through my twelfth house, I was very mentally disturbed. I had a sense of uneasiness and couldn't quite identify with what was going on. I knew I had to let go of something, which I thought my cigarrette addiction; instead, I wallowed in my fears and smoked more when it went through my 12th house. In other words, I ended up being my own worst enemy.
My saturn retrograde has taught me late in life that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
My most challenging 12th house aspect was when the progressed moon a couple of years later went through this house. I was extremely lonely and depressed. (I happened to be going through my rahu-saturn in Vedic astrology at that time too) On the positive side, this is when I sought out astrology to give me some meaning to life.It's what saved me during this period.

freedomlover

Talk about feeling mentally disturbed! It just hit me what has been happening to me the past however many years - Pluto has been travelling through my 12th house ruled by Sag. Mercury in Sag is retrograde in my 12th, and I guess it has been activating my natal T-square that T's at Mercury and the oppositions of Saturn/Eros/Chiron conjunction in Pisces in 2nd opposing Uranus/Pluto conjunction in Virgo in 8th. This particular Mercury retrograde we are now coming out of has been a doozy. I've found myself saying and doing things and not even realizing I said or did them - like someone else inside of me was saying/doing, and I wasn't even there for a few seconds --- really weird. Any thoughts on that one?

Moon Shadow

Im my oppinion the 12th house is also the house of karma and the ruler of the 12th house cusp and the same time the planets in the 12th natal house, especially retrogrades are significators of our karma and the way to burn it.
The 12th house is also the house of inner resources, discovered or not, the house of hidden things and self conscious.
I hope there were some hints to understand better this 12th house.

pisceskitty

I'm real happy that someone started this tread. I have natal Pluto Rx in the 12H, [Virgo rules my 12H] square my Moon in the 9H, Trine Jupiter in Aquarius in the 4H, and opposite Mercury in Pisces in the 5H. I was looking at my Solar return chart for March 2007, and I have Moon-Pluto-Jupiter all in Sagittarius, in the 12th:eek: I can't explain it, but there are moments when I have this strong need to live "outside" of my own body. I don't mean suicide or anything like that. I remember as a child, I felt like I was some kind of "starchild" or something. Like I wasn't from this planet.[I know this sounds insane!]

I also have this fascination with fasting. This need to "lose" my body every now and then. I'm trying my best to explain this, but I can't. It's just something that I feel. It's almost impossible for me to put it into words. It's as though I could unzip my own body, step out of it, and hang it up in the closet for awhile.

Last edited: