Astrological Configurations and Allergies.

Draco

Hi all,

Recently I have been thinking about allergies, and where particular allergies might be represented in a persons natal chart.

I have an idea that the Moon is probably the culprit when it comes to allergies, as an allergy is all about a heightened sensitivity to something, and sensitivities are the Moon's area of influence.

Personally, I have the most terrible allergy to cats, which is a shame really as I am quite fond of them. The trouble is, if I my skin comes into contact, either directly or by transmission, with traces of cat-fur, my skin burns up with the most intense, burning itchiness which is completely impossible to satisfy no matter how much I scratch the area. The more I scratch the more intense the itching becomes, and the area becomes very sore, inflamed and reddened. The skin becomes very breakable and I can quite literally, when it's really bad, scratch my skin off. This is an eczematic reaction, yet I do not suffer from eczema for any other reason than if I come into contact with whatever substance it is within the fur of a cat that sets my skin aflame like this.

Whatever chemical it is on the fur of a cat that causes this intense allergic reaction, I have no idea, but if it comes into contact with my skin, especially the softer parts, such as the backs of the knees, the inner elbows or on my belly, I'm in for a really miserable time, as it can be very sore and the rashes and marks it leaves behind can look terrible.

I wondered if such an allergy might be described in my natal chart. If I consider the Moon's position then I think it's quite interesting, as I think it might have something to contribute to my allergy.

My Moon is in the 29th degree of Leo, the feline sign, (the critical degree may be significant?) and is positioned in the 6th house, the house of small creatures, and therefore the house of cats. Also it is the house of health disorders, and so would concern allergies in any case. The fact that my Moon is in the feline sign and in the feline house, which is also the house of ailments seems descriptive in itself, but there must be more to it than this, so it is interesting to observe that my Moon separates from a square to Mars in Scorpio in the 8th.

My skin reacts to whatever substance it is in a cat's fur, as if it was a poison, which is significant, as when I am suffering one of my allergic episodes I have often described it to others as it being 'like having acid thrown on my skin'. Scorpio is the venemous sign, it is poisonous, especially with Mars placed here, who causes burning, irritation and inflammation, particularly as he is so strong in toxic Scorpio. The fact that Mars is in the 8th can't help either, because the 8th carries a degenerating influence and goes against the natural order of things.

So considering all this I cannot help but think that my Moon in Leo in the 6th, coming off the square from that venemous Mars in Scorpio in the 8th, has a lot to do with my awful eczematic allergy to cats.

It may seem even more descriptive if I consider that the Sun, despositor of my feline Moon, applies a sextile to Mars as well, and is also my 6th house ruler.

(I was just focusing on personal planets and major aspects here, in order to get just the bare essentials).

All in all, I feel that I have rather a good description of this horrible allergy described in my chart.

Are any of you similarly allergic to cats? If so, what do you feel may be the clues as to this allergy in your own chart? Do you suffer bouts of eczema and what acts as the trigger?

If you are very allergic to cats also or suffer an eczematic allergy to something then here is my data, so that you can see if there are any comparisons which can be drawn with your own:

15th September 1982, 19:05, Blackpool, England, 03W03 / 53N45

Are any of you allergic to anything, such as nettles, bee-stings, peanuts, wool or anything else, and where do you feel that such allergies are shown in the chart?

Do you think that there may be indications in my chart describing this condition which I may have overlooked? Have any of you looked for allergies in people's charts before and what did you find?

I'm tempted to think that the Moon and the 6th house have a lot to do with allergy, as well as Mars, for the irritations that allergies normally produce would usually be of a Mars nature, such as burning, itching, swelling, rashing etc.

Thanks for reading, I'll look forward to your replies.

Draco :wink:

EvilPixyScorp

hehe, I'm so psychic Draco!
I knew you were gunna mention a Leo Moon before reading this. :)

Yep, my friend has a Leo Moon, 15 degrees.
It's squared by Neptune Scorp & Jupiter Taur.
He wasn't even around a darn cat, *but* I have many..He said I make him sneeze & he's allergic.

Maybe it's a subconscious manifestation-since allergies seem so random.(Are they genetically passed on?)
...or in your prenatal state, mom had a bad experience with a cat/animal?
(Not saying everyone's mother with a Leo Moon got scratch by one..just rambling)
Interesting about the Scorpio/toxic posion feel link!
That's why I love astrology...Explains how come you ended up with it acting up in that way, and not in simple sneezing fits? :)
Don't have his exact time, but it's dispositor Sun is in Cap, trine Mars/Virgo.

The Mars/Moon midpoint is accurate to watch for health flare ups.
I read it shows your emotional resistance/will & physical willpower to battle body invaders.
When tr. Nep hit it..suddenly became allergic to Tequila.
Tr. Saturn opp. it...needed to pay dental dues for not flossing enough.

My Pisces Moon is hit by 6 other planets, my only allergy is to penicillen(sp?)...Have to look into what rules antibiotics...

cara4art

allergies

I don't have respiratory allergies as such, but boy does my skin act up if I put the wrong stuff on it. Living here at high altitude in a semi-arid climate(Santa Fe area in New Mexico) which increases dryness and sensitivity exponenetially doesn't help either. I have a stellium of Saturn(5 Leo), Pluto(11 Leo) and the Moon(15 Leo)in my 6th house. I also have that Moon in a T-square with a Mars 23 Taurus(beginning of 3rd house)-JupiterRx 18 Scorpio(late 8th house) opposition to boot. I also have to be careful what I eat, as things that other people eat with impunity(food that's even a LITTLE bit off, heavier foods, etc.)often make me ill with food poisoning or just feeling like I ate the wrong thing! With that in mind, for a good part of my life, since my mid-20's, I have taken care for the most part to eat VERY healthily, with a largely vegetarian orientation, with just some of the lighter animal proteins.

Howl

Can't remember where I got the idea, but I have long associated allergies and sensitivities with having my natal sun conjunct neptune in the sixth house. Think I read something along the lines of these planets in sixth house position rendering me 'very sensitive' to the influences of my environment :D

If it helps your argument at all, the twin brother of mine I have mentioned also has neptune conjunct his sun, but his sun is in the fifth house rather than the sixth. We are both allergic to cats :D but it's me who got stuck with the asthma, food intolerancies etc!

pwadm

Staff member
Interested thread.

Allergies are widespread in the modern world, partly due to the hygenic condition we consider as "safe", but which deprive us from an early contact with certain natural substances which would train our immune system. Third world countries don't have a such problem with allergies, they battle other diseases such as infectious illnesses (parasites, bacteria).

Allergies are rather a kind of disease of the immune system, the organism is unable to cope with specific normal stimulus of the environment and reacts aggressively against them.

I don't have astrological experience with allergies, but based on the above, I'd expect Mars (aggressive reaction) the to be in a conflictual aspect with the Moon or the Ascendant (body).

Draco, your case could be a model - 6th house Moon in Leo (feline) in square with Mars and Uranus (it represents the violent reaction of the organism when entering in contact with cat fur proteins).

Allergies have also a genetic component, they tend to agglomerate in some families, and in such cases, some other astrological elements are to be considered also, such as the Sun (ADN, the father, the other relatives on the father's side) or the 4th house (heredity).

Specific allergies will have their own astrological patterns. We've seen in Draco's case the Moon in Leo to be associated with cat allergy. I'd expect to see Venus involved in case of pollen allergy or some kinds of food allergy (depends on the food). Neptune could be involved in allergies at chemicals such as perspirants or dyes and so on an so forth.

It's a subject well worth investigating. I'll be watching this thread for replies.

Frisiangal

Allergies seem to be representative of Virgo (irritations towards particles of substance) and/or Moon in Virgo (reactions to particles of substance) My Virgo Sun next door neighbour has a garden of weeds because he's allergic to flowers! My friend's Virgo Sun son has 1001 allergies. Two of my three children have Virgo Moons, one has Leo Moon. Guess which two suffer terribly with hay fever........ and, yes, I HAVE asked them if they are allergic to me:D.

F.

Lorielle

I have moon in Leo in the 6th. My emotions greatly affect how I feel. If I'm stressed and/or worried, forget about eating. :( The only thing that I'm allergic to that I know of is corn pollen. I discovered that one year while on a hot, humid summer day, in the middle of a corn field, while detassling corn, I got very sick. Hands, feet, everything swelled up. Nasty. My boyfriend also has his moon in Leo and he is highly allergic to most everything. His moon is in the 7th.

Lori

holly

I don't have much to add, just wanted to say that I suffer from allergies too! I haven't been tested yet, so I'm not sure what exactly I'm allergic to, but I suspect it's dust. My allergy lasts all year round (so it's not hayfever) and seemed to start when I got a job as a house cleaner (why I suspect dust!).

I'm not sure where this is represented in my birth chart but I'll have a look based on what others have said about their charts and allergies!

Capricorn Moon. Virgo on the third house, empty. Mercury in Capricorn. Neptune in the 6th. Hmm, so nothing stands out there.

But then I discovered:

Uranus in the 6th, square Mars. Mars conjunct Venus. Venus ruler of the 4th (4th = home = dust!).

Did I win, or is that way too convoluted to be correct!? hehe :)

Francesca

Sorehearted has Uranusin the 6th, square venus(the skin), and opposed to the moon in the 12th house. Ask HER about allergies. I think you capped it, Draco.

allie_b

I have many allergies to pollen, mold, and many, many food allergies. My Sun is in the 6th in Pisces opposing Pluto, Uranus, and Jupiter in the 12th. My moon is in Aries in the 7th also opposing Uranus and Jupiter, as well as Asc., squaring Midheaven trining mars in the 3rd.

Don't know if this correlates with allergies. But I certainly have a fair amount of them.

Claire19

Yes allergies are concerned with the 6th house and the 1st to some extent. Virgo and Mercury in particular and its aspects tell a story. Moon in Leo also in your case with the felines. Neptune rules liquids so that could be sinus and throat and lung congestion. Mars for the head area, nose and ears.
I have a 6th house stellium in Leo and Mercury square Moon!!!! Also Mars conjunct Neptune from the 8th. I am not allergic to any animal at all as far as I know. Mainly in the springtime with the blooms. I have tinnitus related to allergies which is chronic. We do not have cats in our household and never have. May be a sub conscious aversion. With Moon in Taurus would I be allergic to cows???? maybe.

Claire

StelliumGoat

I have allergies too. I'm allergic to grass pollen, tree pollen, and weed pollen. The only planet I have in the 6th house is Chiron in Cancer and it makes a square to my moon in the 8th house in Libra. Chiron also is inconjunct (I think) to my Mercury in the 1st House. There's also oppositions from Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune who are in the 12th House in Capricorn. My Moon also makes a square with Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

I've also heard someone mention a few posts ago that Venus might be connected to allergies. My Venus is at the end of the 12th House but interpreted as being in the 1st House, but it has no bad (or hard) aspects. It is in conjunction with Neptune. So that may another reason for my allergies.

By the way, I have a silly question. I really don't know much about medical astrology but I was wondering what chart do you use in medical astrology. Do you make a chart of when the allergies started or do you use your natal chart, because maybe allergies are in your destiny or what? Or do you compare those two charts to see what sparked it?

I just realized something, there's another odd connection to my allergies. All the hard aspects I mentioned are in earth, air, and water signs. Mostly the focus is on earth signs (and I am allergic to mostly nature) the air signs also could represent pollen, since it does travel through air and the water could represent all the symptoms that come with allergies, sneezing, watery eyes, and post nasal drip (at least for me anyway).

Here's another one I forgot, Mars is square to my Sun, which is also in the first house.

Last edited:

Claire19

For any medical diagnosis we always use the natal chart and transits and progressions for treatment at any particular time. Gemini Virgo 6th house planets denote allergies especially to food and to animals such as our pets. 1st house for the immediate environment in some cases. THe moon denotes those ailments which may have been inherited. Neptune for the fluids yes, Mars for the head area such as nose, eyes and ears. Mercury is main significator for allergies as they typically affect the lungs.

Claire

Claire19

Always the 6th house is involved with allergies in my experience and also the 1st in many cases. The 12th??? that can be weaknesses coming from the past but not specifically related to allergies. Although Neptune can be as it rules fluids, a difference. Uranus for the nervous system and Venus for the complexion and with Taurus for instance the plants and flowers and their pollen. So skin rashes and hives etc would be indicated. I think that with Uranus the circulation would be involved too. For allergies Mercury must play a part somewhere in my experience. THere are many and varied possibilities.

Claire

StelliumGoat

I had a question, could aspects to the 12th house be related to mental health?
As, I have also dealt with depression and anxiety in my life.

allie_b

StelliumGoat,

As a person with many oppositions to the 12th from the 6th, and having dealt with depression most of my life, I am thinking that you may be on to something: aspects to planets in the 12th house could most definitely relate to mental health. Can anybody else relate?

Capella

It is said that Aquarius gives extremely senstive skins. Like Draco i have the moon in Leo, but i am not allergic to cats, but to the hairs of dogs and horses. othertimes i am very sensitive to any cosmetics. and I have Moon in large square with Uranus. the Leo Moon seems to be very sensitive to any critique, they tend to be "overly-sensitive" to their environment. I think the Leo Moon must have a rapport with allergy, real or figurative. :p

Claire19

Aquarius doesnt rule skin as such but nerves and nervous system. Ankles and calves belong to Uranus and Aquarius.

Mental problems are not directly related to 12th house but Neptune and Mercury, Uranus and Mercury aspects plus Moon for inherited factors.

Claire

Claire19

6th house relates to health and 12th to weaknesses, neuroses from the past so challenging aspects to those houses can point to problems yes.

Claire