The Fans and the Famous

Psiber_Space

I've been noticing that some people will like a certain celebrity and despise others. For example, I like Drew Barrymore, I think she is a really cute actress. My other example, I've never understood what the big deal with Pricess Diana was. Yes, its sad that she died under tragic circumstances, but why did people make such a big deal about her?

Now I don't mean for my two examples to sidetrack from my purpose for this post. Why do some people become fans of certain celebrities and not others? I would suspect it has something to do with synastry, would it not?

Charm

I don't know. But I find that artists that I really admire share astro aspects with me. I love Marvin Gaye and we both share venus in pisces. I also love Sarah Vaugh and she had mars in Capricorn which I also have. One thing that helps make people objects of fame is their aspect to the national chart. For instance, Beyonce has juno aspects to the US natal chart.

StelliumGoat

I'm definitely the type that obsesses over celebrities but when it comes to certain things like politics I don't vote or wouldn't vote for someone just because they're being backed up by a certain famous person.

Back to the actual topic, I always thought people liked certain celebrities because of their ascendants. Because not many people actually get to meet them and know them on personal basis. We only know of what we see, hear and read of them. Perhaps, it does have to do with synastry. Has anybody done any charts comparing their own to a favorite celebrity? A favorite of mine would be Hugh Jackman, although in a synastry chart the only major aspects I find where his venus was conjunct my pluto and my moon conjunct his uranus. Although when I just simply compare planets (his sun to my sun and so on) there to seem to be more compatible elements to it.

Getting slightly off topic again.....When it comes to celebrities, I certainly have my faves, and some that I can't stand but most I'm neutral about. Drew Barrymore - neutral, Princess Diana -neutral, I'd just wish they'd stop talking about her. Let her rest in peace.

Agriias

You know that a question I've always been interested in also.

I've noticed that alot of my favorite celebrities and characters from movies that are the same sex are of the same sun sign as me. I'm always amazed by it though I should probally start getting used to it.

However, my mars is on my Midheaven, some interpret our midheaven because it is our career and public image house as what we aspire to be. So i dont know if other people would find the samething with their mars sign or whether it is specific to a guy who has mars on the MC.

sara31tx

I am not one to follow celebrities, but there are two people that I have always liked for some reason. Stevie Nicks and Kathleen Turner.

10wml8m

I just found out something weird, I like Jennifer Love Hewitt from ghost whisperer, and I was going to write something in my astrology blog about her. Mostly because most people play character's that seem to link into their charts so I was looking to see what she had in her chart to play a woman who is sensitively psychic and talks to the dead. I hadn't seen her chart before and I have just found out she is born 6 days before me. And has most of my apsects except in different houses.

I wanted to look some information up on her personal life and I found she is a fan of Mariah Carey like me, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8gCafqdX0 o.k that may not mean we are alike as there are quite a few fan's of Mariah. Does this mean I am a fan of people very similar to myself :D . I have often remarked how she seems to have a real nice personality and plays the role of Ghost Whisperer really well. But we will differ a lot through house and rising sign. I just thought this was interesting as I haven't see a celeb with a similar chart, I can see were we are alike and were we are different.

Well that was my installment of the fans and the famous, although she's done more with her life than I have :( . I don't have the need to perform, although my partner says I am good singer :cool: but I don't think any record company is rushing to sign me up just yet. Some would say my acting skills are great too (Na just joking :p ). I will check her life story for any similarities in home life and relationships etc.