The Ninth House and Religion

poyi

Premium Member
Guess What?

9th house according to The Rulership Book. It also rules Commerce (interstate and international), trade (world, colonial trade in mundane), world wide contracts.It also rules a Person's next life!

Apparently nothing unusual for Kirka to have a master degree in Commence, I think from memory of the post.

serafin5

Poyi

bible is a book written by a certain small section of humanity millions of years after the creation of the earth......did they think they were first past the post? Or special to know how to explain it? A book written 4000 years ago purporting knowledge from millions if years ago is pants seeing as no science was involved...its hogwash imo .just fairytales or imaginings..the bible has wisdoms in it But then so do so many other books,but is full of cr ap in other ways...it is NOT the be all and end all on life, it was written by arrogant alpha males probably a few smoking a marijuana stick, whilst beating their wives, others worse, islam is worse in that respect 60 yr old men marrying 8 yr old children, god forbid

Ie the bible HAS NO MONOPOLY on truth morality righteousness in this day and age, we can see through its falseness, and its blatant eviil and ignorance sometimes,its based on fear and a horrid god, took jesuses teachings to set it all right not that he managed it

The ancient greek philosophers were wiser

You dont need dead idiots to rule your life or dictate in 2013

Why do you need a belief system from 4000 years ago? What credibility does it have apart from stupid kings giving it the go ahead?

if you wnt to keep up with the bible, the old testament is dead, its a pile of balls, jesus said listen to yourself not others, the answer is within you,basically jesus was saying dont be brainwashed and trust your own judgement,he was crucified for it, for telling people to think for themselves against the powers that be, no different today! Ahhistory repeats itself

for me people who believe the bible literally are stupid

Thatwas not to you poyi btw and i do believe in god, because i dont think a bunch of chemical reactions are God.....there must be an intelligence and a design...whichmeans a designer...my idea of designer of the beauty is not some judo christian islamic pathetic personage...the pathetic men who wrote the bible and the quran...failures and control freaks they practice to this day unfortunately and sad individuals believe their total GUFF

As the daughter of a retired pastor who had his own church (Christian) I often describe myself as a believer on parole for good behavior! So I no longer attend church services nor do I study the Bible anymore, however, as a Spiritual human being I am more convinced then ever of the immutable power in the Universal, Spiritual and Physical laws of nature of which we are all subject to IMO. However, to say one is stupid or silly for needing or believing in the Bible or any organized religion is unfair and narrow-minded! While I no longer subscribe to any religion now doesn't mean it isn't right for someone else. People use food, drugs, sex, and money; all very self-destructive behavior! I'm sorry Mods for going off topic here but I just had to say something!

My 9th hse is in Cancer, with no planets there. My Jupiter is in Aries in the 5th/,6th hse (depending on preferred hse system). Moon is in Taurus, 7th hse.

My dos centavos.:smile:
S5

*emma*

Banned
As the daughter of a retired pastor who had his own church (Christian) I often describe myself as a believer on parole for good behavior! So I no longer attend church services nor do I study the Bible anymore, however, as a Spiritual human being I am more convinced then ever of the immutable power in the Universal, Spiritual and Physical laws of nature of which we are all subject to IMO. However, to say one is stupid or silly for needing or believing in the Bible or any organized religion is unfair and narrow-minded! While I no longer subscribe to any religion now doesn't mean it isn't right for someone else. People use food, drugs, sex, and money; all very self-destructive behavior! I'm sorry Mods for going off topic here but I just had to say something!

My 9th hse is in Cancer, with no planets there. My Jupiter is in Aries in the 5th/,6th hse (depending on preferred hse system). Moon is in Taurus, 7th hse.

My dos centavos.:smile:
S5
Sorry if I offended you but

Pls dont put words into my mouth, I never intimated anywhere that it is wrong for people to believe in this that or the other if they need it, or if it *helps* I stand by my post though

Ok, maybe add to that deluded, unthinking, uneducated, needy, desperate, cultured, self protective, whatever......do you know how much appalling stuff is in the bible that people to this day take literally? Things which just are untrue and false, and some of these people destroy their lives or commit crimes based on those beliefs, hello?

Most related to the old testament, most of which is based on hate, politics, guilt and fear mongering, something the new testament tried to remedy im sure you would agree, how has the old testament ever helped anyone? Unless they were into revenge, killing, hate, self sacrifice and so so many negatives there, lets not forget a sadist God!

Totally agree with your other sentiment about universal spirituality...and this is miles away from the old testament! IMHO it should be defunt as a force except for a historical document and if you are going to engage in any discussion on religion or the bible you should have a thick skin as its bound to be hot potato stuff and as its never personal! and never about whether anyone who believes in it is a good or bad person, thatmuch should be clear, peace

Last edited:

serafin5

Sorry if I offended you but

Pls dont put words into my mouth, I never intimated anywhere that it is wrong for people to believe in this that or the other if they need it, or if it *helps* I stand by my post though

Ok, maybe add to that deluded, unthinking, uneducated, needy, desperate....do you know how much appalling atuff is in the bible that people to this day take literally? Things which just are untrue and false, and some of these people destroy their lives or commit crimes based on those beliefs, hello?

Most related to the old testament, most of which is based on hate, politics, guilt and fear mongering, something the new testament tried to remedy im sure you would agree, how has the old testament ever helped anyone? Unless they were into revenge, killing, hate, self sacrifice and so so many negatives there, lets not forget a sadist God!

Totally agree with your other sentiment about universal spirituality...and this is miles away from the old testament! IMHO it should be defunt as a force except for a historical document and if you are going to engage in any discussion on religion or the bible you should have a thick skin as its bound to be hot potato stuff and as its never personal! peace[/QUOTE:]

[Facepalm] Sigh

Their belief isn't stupidity it's called faith. Name calling isn't cool here Emma. I'm done.

Serafin5

*emma*

Banned
dont know why i bothered go reply and explain and offer olive branch, sigh

As if faith is a safety sacred blanket that excuses so much and cant be discussed, what does that remind me of....shudder...never mind

If you decide to discuss youre in the kitchen and this thread is about religion you should excpect nothing less imo , as i said in my previous post which u quoted before i finished adding to its never personal and not about good or bad people but dodgy beliefs which people can build their lives on many a time to serious detriment and psychological impairment and damage...oh yes and not to mention some thinking they have a god given right to kill, maim, abuse children and the rest.....not comfortable is it?

I will concede stupid might have been the wrong word....maybe.....in *some* circumstances...

Maybe im as much as a culprit and all should just talk about religion and their ninth and not about it in general

Last edited:

DreamingTheSeas

I believe in God ( Orthodox Christian), i do not go to church except of Easter mostly, i just believe. And maybe faith is like all the other things in our lives that you do not have to see to believe.
My 9th is in Leo, no planets there and ruler is on 3rd house along with Mercury.

*emma*

Banned
I believe in God ( Orthodox Christian), i do not go to church except of Easter mostly, i just believe. And maybe faith is like all the other things in our lives that you do not have to see to believe.
My 9th is in Leo, no planets there and ruler is on 3rd house along with Mercury.

Thats great, Im orthodox, officially anyway, too, no one is belittling faith in God or a creator or a supreme intelligence of being of love.....its the nasty pebbles in between that one steps on that need to be kicked to the kerband organised religion the old testament and parts of the new one are just that IMHO

Wont start on islam either

poyi

Premium Member
I also don't believe in everything the Bible said literally as too logical that human being would just change the original to manipulate to their own advantage to stay in Power and be the Authority in religious area.

Ultimately, it is your self conscience and again to me as Free Will how to interpret the information you received each day from the most minor things to the deepest mysteries of life. As long as you have peace within in what you stand for and providing practical help to others, I think that is good enough as you fulfilled the goal of spirituality.

knowhow999

Pluto has been transiting my ninth house for many years. It completely revised my spiritual beliefs. Organized religious views went bye, bye. I have become a more open and spiritual being. I perceive all of creation as part of the divine. Reincarnation is real. Past life experiences can be accessed. Astrology has been a guiding force for me and metaphysical insight is wonderful and a tremendous gift to everyone.

Blessings:happy:

dr. farr

Those of us who accept Pluto as an often valuable astrological indicator, believe that Pluto can manifest highly significant transformational influences-it seems to have done so (in a positive sense) in your case...

poyi

Premium Member
I found that transformation will come easily if you let the energy to take control on removing rubbish in your life.

With Saturn in the 9th house, I wonder if Saturn return also made any transformative or perhaps an mid life Review or conclusion of some thing regarding to 9th house?

I think the similar could apply to progression and transit to the planet in 9th house and ruler of 9th house.

serafin5

I also don't believe in everything the Bible said literally as too logical that human being would just change the original to manipulate to their own advantage to stay in Power and be the Authority in religious area.

Ultimately, it is your self conscience and again to me as Free Will how to interpret the information you received each day from the most minor things to the deepest mysteries of life. As long as you have peace within in what you stand for and providing practical help to others, I think that is good enough as you fulfilled the goal of spirituality.

Hi Poyi I just wanted to say that your 'signature quote' is really beautiful! I'm so glad you chose to share it with everybody; thank you!:biggrin:

S5

fullmoonlibra

I have my Sun conjunct North Node in 9th house.
My Sun is also the chart ruler, and it is trine ASC.
And Uranus transit will make its entree into my 9th house..
Mars is the ruler of my 9th house and it is in the 5th house.
Jupiter? In Pisces and in 7th house.

What to do now :) ?

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Hi Poyi I just wanted to say that your 'signature quote' is really beautiful! I'm so glad you chose to share it with everybody; thank you!:biggrin:

S5

I got the quote from reading one of my new books by Stephen Arroyo.

"Exploring The Astrological Key to Jupiter: Progress, Prosperity & Potential"

It mentioned about the link of a good Astrologer should be have the quality of a dignified Jupiter. As astrology by itself is not only 8th and 12th house matter, but indeed a higher mind study, that requires board mental visions and generosity like Jupiter, astrology itself is forever growing.

It was very interesting as it describe why Jupiter rules Sagittarius a half horse lower body with a top body and head of a man who was using an arrow pointing at something far away.

"...the centaur. This unique creature is still grounded on the earth with an animal body, but that does not stop him from using his human half to carefully aim his arrow at a specific goal on the distant horizon. It should be said here that large numbers of people worldwide have found in astrology an effective method of refocusing and experiencing today the age-old sense of unity with the cosmos."

"...Jupiter's bigness and broad vision is inextricably linked to the perennial human search for a larger truth and for an experience of oneness with the universe..."

For those interesting on The Ninth House and Religion may consider getting a copy of this book to look at the natural ruler of the 9th house.

BobZemco

Most related to the old testament, most of which is based on hate, politics, guilt and fear mongering, something the new testament tried to remedy im sure you would agree, how has the old testament ever helped anyone?

An intelligent god would have realized that...foreseen it....and taken steps so that no remedy was needed.

Their belief isn't stupidity it's called faith.

Not when it's based on ignorance.

I have my Sun conjunct North Node in 9th house.

That is most unfortunate, as your Sun is severely debilitated.

My Sun is also the chart ruler, and it is trine ASC.

That's even worse.

Mars is the ruler of my 9th house and it is in the 5th house.
Jupiter? In Pisces and in 7th house.

That's impossible.

If the 7th House is Pisces, then the 8th House is Aries, and the 9th House is Taurus.

So you have a 8th House Aries Sun conjunct the Head, with Mars in a 10th Position square.

What to do now :) ?

I'd be careful crossing the street if I were you.

It mentioned about the link of a good Astrologer should be have the quality of a dignified Jupiter. As astrology by itself is not only 8th and 12th house matter, but indeed a higher mind study, that requires board mental visions and generosity like Jupiter, astrology itself is forever growing.

You're mistaken. Astrology was always a 9th House Matter, and never an 8th or 12th House Matter.

poyi

Premium Member
You're mistaken. Astrology was always a 9th House Matter, and never an 8th or 12th House Matter.

According to The Rulership Book by Rex. Bills, 8th house:

Occult abilities, or faculties, one's talent
Occult, study of the
Occultism, occlutists, occult writers,
Mysticism, mystics, the mystical
Psychism, psychics, psychic receptivity and faculties, psychic disturbances, psychometry and psychometric functions of the body, gain from psychic influences, experiences
outcome of speculation

12th house
Research, researchers, research workers
Religions, occult
Occult religions
occultism, occultists, occult writers, one's occult faculties
Psychism, psychics, psychic receptivity and faculties, psychic disturbances, psychometry and psychometric functions of the body, gain from psychic influences, experiences
Secret services, secret service agents
Secret Societies
Understanding, ultimate

According to Skyscript 8th house rules all the hidden matters, 12th rules secrets, hidden matters, witchcraft.

I suppose what you referring to as Astrology is different to the occults.

According to Oxford Dictionary:
occult

http://oxforddictionaries.com/translate/english-spanish/occult_1 noun

(the occult)
  • mystical, supernatural, or magical powers, practices, or phenomena:a secret society to study alchemy and the occult
adjective

• 1involving or relating to mystical, supernatural, or magical powers, practices, or phenomena:an occult ceremony a weird occult sensation of having experienced the identical situation before
  • communicated only to the initiated; esoteric:the typically occult language of the time

• 2 Medicine (of a disease or process) not accompanied by readily discernible signs or symptoms: careful palpation sometimes discloses occult spina bifida
  • (of blood) abnormally present, e.g. in faeces, but detectable only chemically or microscopically.
verb

Pronunciation: /ɒˈkʌlt/
[with object]
  • cut off from view by interposing something:a wooden screen designed to occult the competitors
  • Astronomy (of a celestial body) conceal (an apparently smaller body) from view by passing or being in front of it: the Moon occults Mars during daylight on March 22

poyi

Premium Member
The Occult, is the knowledge of the hidden.

Just in case Oxford dictionary wasn't good enough. I have got Bob the Cambridge Dictionary.

occult

adjective
/əˈkʌlt/ /ˈɒk.ʌlt/
8ZtlfFXbzD+D93HuIlZkn0hZ12v+eYXBNtYtYmnP3Fr5HGTXyBdPmtddzs+X8AF3fNVc3ugckAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
/ˈɑː.kʌlt/

Definition

relating to magical powers and activities, such as those of witchcraft and astrology:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/occult_1

If Both Oxford and Cambridge are not good enough. I think we should have a meeting with the British to correct their language.

tsmall

Premium Member

Even though I know this will irritate a few, the thread was posited :whistling: in the traditional forum. So let's look at another book other than the one mentioned, which btw is one astrologer's interpretation and disregards much of the astrological (including modern) tradition.

According to The Rulership Book by Rex. Bills

Instead look at this one:

The Houses, Temples of the Sky, by Deborah Houlding

8th House Associations Through History

Manilius: Unfortunate. The abode of Typhon.

Others (classical) Death and its nature; trial,; penalty; loss; weakness.

**note why? It is unconfigured to the ASC and the most unfortunate succedent house, coming in third in unfortunate to the 12th,then 6th,then 8th.***

Firmicus: The kind of death...debilitated and passive because it does not aspect the ascendant. Called 'Gate of Hell."

Al-Biruni: Death, murder, poison. Inheritance. Wife's property (2nd from 7th). Expenditure; poverty.

Lilly: Death; wills, partner's money. Fear and anguish of mind.

Modern: Income, taxes, legacies, shared feelings, sex, birth and death. Big business. Insurance. Crime.

Please note that nowhere, even in the modern interpretation, is knowledge of the divine/forecasting included.

Meanwhile, same book, traditional references

9th House Associations Through History

Manilius: Destiny and decrees of the gods. Temple of the Sun.

Others (classical): Travel. God; manifestations ;of the gods; revelations, soothsaying. Friendship of and benefit from kings.

Firmicus: Religion. Foreign travel. The social class of men. The house of the Sun god. Favourable because it aspects the ascendant by trine.

Al-Biruni: Travel, religion, fate, attainment of knowledge from the stars and divination. Philosophy, interpretation of dreams.

I havn't the time to be able to find and quote all the old sources, but

Astrology was always a 9th House Matter

Which makes me feel a bit better about this

Because if that's true then I need to hang it up on learning astrology and becoming a decent astrologer...

Since Jupiter in my natal chart is completely peregrine (meaning has no dignity what so ever) yet is clinging (adhering to) to the ASC (and Jupiter is above the horizon in a day chart, in masculine sign, human sign, bright degree, masculine quadrant), joined with Mercury (the planet of astrology) who though retrograde and combust rules my 9th house...I think I'll keep studying.

poyi

Premium Member
If you read again, I did refer to Skycript from the book of The Houses Temple in the Sky. It stills say hidden matters and witchcraft so I said perhaps astrology doesn't belong to Occult category. So I went to look up the English dictionary.

tsmall

Premium Member
If you read again, I did refer to Skycript from the book of The Houses Temple in the Sky. It stills say hidden matters and witchcraft so I said perhaps astrology doesn't belong to Occult category. So I went to look up the English dictionary.

Ok, but unless you are claiming that astrology falls into the nature of witchcraft (and if you have the book, you will see that no where does it refer to astrology as being occult. Why? Because it's not occult. It's right there in the sky for anyone to be able to see. There is nothing hidden about astrology, because call it science or astronomy, at the heart it is a language (same as math or music) which infers or confers that there will be those who can hear and understand. There is nothing occult/hidden about astrology. Learn the language and you can read the stars.

Consign astrology to the same status as an Ouija board and then where are we?