Midheaven and appearance

StelliumGoat

Does the midheaven affect our appearance such as the ascendant, or is the midheaven just our ego? I'm asking, because I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it does affect our appearance, but exactly how much, I don't know.

Is the midheaven something that we project, like our ascendant, and that people notice when they first meet us, or is the midheaven a personal aspect to our charts that people first notice after they've known us awhile?

Belgianmoonguy

I think you're sort of right on with your last paragraph...
I think they see the rising (ascendant) first and later our planets and other angles...
The Midheaven is the image we like to show to others... It's an image of which we are conscious
The Rising, we're sort of unconscious about... We don't see to control it...

Just my 2 cents... I can be completely off...

freedomlover

I can see where it could be things about yourself that you use to gain the esteem and respect of others (10th house). In the majority of cases, one of the things people use for this is their appearance - women especially, but men almost as much these days.

The Midheavan might have some influence on our appearance. But not entirely sure. The Sun, Moon Asc trio on astro-faces.com has brought some similarities in looks on there. I was thinking in the case of Marilyn Monroe, she used her Taurean Midheaven and advanced her career by using her beauty and appeal. But she had Neptune in the 1st Leo for the Hollywood star glamour. So maybe the midheavan sign would only have a subtle affect.

gesura

The ascendant is how we instintively behave when we meet other people and act in new situations. The MC is how others perceive our behavior and energy(If there are planets in the 10th house).

Pisceanfool

I've never heard of the MC being ego, i thought that was the Sun but maybe.

Pretty sure that the MC is our manifestation like with career, being opposite our subconcious/inner world (IC and family) which creates the manifestations. If someone really knew you they know your Moon and IC. I've also heard it shows how you want to show yourself based on the sign, ruler, and planets in the 10th house as well as aspects of course.