table of planetary sect on the softwear I use

isismagdalenne

under the table of planetary sect, the last column reads "condition" and under it some planets are listed as in hayz, which I get. But others say "Ex Cond"
what is that?

isismagdalenne

I think its a bad thing because an example it lists it under is Sun in Capricorn. day nature planet, in a night chart, in a night house (5th) in a night sign.

dr. farr

You are correct in your thinking. Ancients called these things similitude and dissimilitude: similitude is where you have resonance between the polarity of a given planet and: the polarity of the sign its in + the polarity of the day (or night) portion of the chart its in + the polarity of the degree its in; dissimilitude is the opposite condition (probably why the program used the term "ex cond") which you have given an example of in your previous post.
(Note: I use the term polarity; could also be yang/yin; the ancients used terms such as light/dark/day/night and male/female, to express this same concept)

BobZemco

under the table of planetary sect, the last column reads "condition" and under it some planets are listed as in hayz, which I get. But others say "Ex Cond"
what is that?

Ex Cond is the same as Out of Sect.

You have 3 Day (Diurnal) Planets: Sun, Jupiter and Saturn. They are also masculine Planets.

You have 3 Night (Nocturnal) Planets: Moon, Venus and Mars. Moon and Venus are feminine, Mars is masculine.

You have 1 Common Planet: Mercury

The Planets are happier if they are where they are supposed to be in the chart. You know the Ascendant-Descendant line is the demarcation of the Horizon. So when the Sun is Above Horizon it is a Day Chart, and when Sun is Below Horizon it is a Night Chart.

But, when you look at Sect, you're looking at the Planets in relation to the Sun, not to the Horizon. If you were looking East where the Horizon meets Earth, you'd want to see Saturn rise, then Jupiter, then Mercury followed by the Sun, then Venus rise (I think people know Venus is the "Morning Star") then Mars and finally Moon.

If the Sun rises before Saturn and Jupiter, they get squirrelly. Look at the Sun! Who is he, that he thinks he can rise before us?" If the Sun is in the 10th House, that's a Day Chart, but if Saturn and Jupiter are in the 11th, 12th or 1st Houses, they are not Diurnal, because they are rising behind the Sun, so they are nocturnal and not in their proper place. When Sun is in the 10th, you want to see Jupiter and Saturn in the 9th, 8th, 7th 6th Houses etc. If Venus and Mars are in the 11th and 12th Houses, that's good, because that means they are rising behind the Sun and they are nocturnal.

If the Sun is Below Horizon, like in the 5th House, you want Jupiter and Saturn in ahead of the Sun in the 4th, 3rd, 2nd 1st Houses etc. Likewise you want Venus, Mars AND Mercury to be rising behind the Sun, so they should be up in the 7th, 8th, 9th Houses etc.

Mercury is the Freak. In a Day Chart, he should be Occidental, rising before the Sun does, being ahead of the Sun, and in a Night Chart he should be Oriental, rising after the Sun does, behind the Sun.

In my chart, Mercury is in the wrong place. I have Sun in 8th in a Day Chart and Mercury is behind the Sun in the 8th. It would be better to have Mercury ahead of the Sun in the 7th House.

In addition to being in the proper place in relation to the Sun, the Planets should be in their proper Signs/Houses. Jupiter and Saturn should be in masculine Houses (the odd-numbered Houses) while Venus and Moon should be in feminine (even-numbered Houses) and the masculine Planets should be in masculine Signs (they sextile -- Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius) and the feminine Planets in feminine Signs (they sextile too -- Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces).

If Saturn is Diurnal, in Libra in the 9th House, then he is in Hazy, which is a form of Accidental Dignity. If the Moon is Nocturnal, in a feminine Sign and House then Moon is in Hayz.

A Planet that is Out of Sect is like someone who is doing something that is inappropriate. That's important for Horary if that Planet is a significator. It can also show corruption or something to the contrary in both Natal and Horary.

In John Wayne Gacy's Chart, his Sun is Out of Sect. What is the Sun in the Natal Chart? Your reputation and standing in the community, your credit and your fame.

To everyone who met him, John Wayne Gacy seemed a likable and affable man. He was widely respected in the community, charming and easy to get along with. He was a good Catholic and sharp businessman who, when not running his construction company was active in the Jaycees and was also a Democratic Party precinct captain, when he had his photo taken with then First Lady, Rosalynn Carter. He also spent much of his free time hosting elaborate street parties for his friends and neighbors, serving in community groups and entertaining children as "Pogo the Clown".

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator - from: http://the-darkside-of-clowns.piczo.com/?g=36543756&cr=5 ]

This is a man who parents invited into their homes to entertain their children because he masqueraded as Pogo the Clown and put on a show.

Was he what he appeared to be? Oh, no, the front he put up was totally contrary and corrupted to what he really was.

Last edited by a moderator:

isismagdalenne

ok, this thing is buggy then. Or I just need more time to "get it".
I think Im looking at it right because I used your examples to sort it out, but I do get confused sometimes still because to me it looks like the planets move counterclockwise while the signs move clockwise.

So in your example you say if sun is in 10th, saturn and jupiter should be in 9 - 6 th house. if they are in 11, 12, 1, they are rising behind the sun.
But in one of the charts Im looking at, it has Sun in 7th. The cusp of the 7th is at 9* Gem 49'. The sun is at 13* gem 18' and Jupiter is at 13* gem 34'. Cazimi. Almost together. BUT, jupiter is 16' AFTER the sun. Also, saturn is way up in 8th at 12* leo 24'. Now the reason this is buggy is because it is labeling all three, Sun, Jupiter and Saturn here in Hayz. .. On a side note, if it was correct that they were in Hayz, what would be the effect on that they are also all either in detriment or (sun) peregrine?

Then on the other hand, in my son's chart, he has a saturn that says "ex-cond" I dont understand this completely either because his sun is in the 3rd, so I would look at that like the horizon and I would think that saturn to be rising before the sun here would be anywhere in the 3rd (before sun) 2nd, 1st, then 12th - 9th. Im looking at it like the cusp of 3 is the "asc" and then the cusp of 9th the "desc" right? well his saturn is in the 10th. to me that looks before the sun. Also, kind of like the question above about in hayz but detrimented. In this case it is "Ex cond" but dignified. Has saturn in mutual reception with mercury, and saturn in its own terms of virgo.

Oh, and great. I have a out of sect Sun. I dont think Im a serial killer, lol. (even though I do read about them lol)
Is your out of sect mercury the reason people either really love or really get touchy about reading your frank and no holds barred style of communication? ;) no "sugar-coat" I believe you termed it, hehe.

Also, this program seems to take in NO account the polarity of the signs, (as in male/female)

However....this is an excerpt from the section that is supposed to be astrological "college lessons"

" How did they determine that Jupiter is exalted in Cancer? Perhaps the logic is that since Jupiter is benefic, it would be extremely helpful to have the benefic in the very personal sign of Cancer as it would bring innate goodness. I am speculating as I do not know how these correlations were made."

So I guess they are *super* qualified to make a program that calculates all this.

BobZemco

I do get confused sometimes still because to me it looks like the planets move counterclockwise while the signs move clockwise.

Remember East is the Ascendant, so West is the Descendant, which is the opposite of reality. In the chart, the Planets move counter-clock wise, but in reality, they move clock-wise.

Think of the chart as a clock. The MC is Noon, the ASC is morning (6 AM) the DSC is evening (6 PM). In reality, that's how the Planets travel, clockwise, but on the chart itself they go counter-clockwise (or with the order of Signs).

So in your example you say if sun is in 10th, saturn and jupiter should be in 9 - 6 th house. if they are in 11, 12, 1, they are rising behind the sun.

That's right. If the Sun is in the MC then it is noon-ish. Every House represents 2 Hours of time, so a Planet on the Cusp of the 11th House is 10 AM and that Planet is 2 hours behind the Sun.

But in one of the charts Im looking at, it has Sun in 7th. The cusp of the 7th is at 9* Gem 49'. The sun is at 13* gem 18' and Jupiter is at 13* gem 34'. Cazimi. Almost together. BUT, jupiter is 16' AFTER the sun.

Alright, it's still daylight, the Sun hasn't set yet. I think you asked once about Signs of Long/Short Ascension, that's why Houses are skewed in the chart sometimes. Your latitude affects that, but the chart takes that into account.

Also, saturn is way up in 8th at 12* leo 24'. Now the reason this is buggy is because it is labeling all three, Sun, Jupiter and Saturn here in Hayz. ..

Oh, sorry, Houses from the Sun. I probably made it sound like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th House etc. It's the number of Houses from the Sun. Saturn can be in the 8th and be in masculine House if he is 60° (2 Signs/Houses) from the Sun and in a masculine Sign, like Leo. If the Sun is in Gemini, then by Whole Sign Saturn in Leo would be in a masculine House (even though it is the 8th House).

On a side note, if it was correct that they were in Hayz, what would be the effect on that they are also all either in detriment or (sun) peregrine?

Balance. Level-headed. Jupiter is Peregrine, like a stranger in a strange land, not very comfortable, plus in Detriment, but being Cazimi the Sun gives Jupiter strength, so things aren't really all that bad, and then Jupiter is also in Hayz, so whatever Jupiter does in the chart, he will do it competently, and with some strength. Hopefully that has nothing to do with money, because Jupiter in the 7th is inconjunct the 2nd and can't really manage the affairs of that House, and not managing other people's money since Jupiter is inconjunct the 8th House too. As far as relations with other people, Jupiter should be calm, perhaps maybe even business-like. If Jupiter was Out of Sect, he'd act to the contrary, maybe even abrupt and nothing he did would be constructive.

Then on the other hand, in my son's chart, he has a saturn that says "ex-cond" I dont understand this completely either because his sun is in the 3rd, so I would look at that like the horizon and I would think that saturn to be rising before the sun here would be anywhere in the 3rd (before sun) 2nd, 1st, then 12th - 9th. Im looking at it like the cusp of 3 is the "asc" and then the cusp of 9th the "desc" right? well his saturn is in the 10th. to me that looks before the sun. Also, kind of like the question above about in hayz but detrimented. In this case it is "Ex cond" but dignified. Has saturn in mutual reception with mercury, and saturn in its own terms of virgo.

Again, sorry, it's Houses/Signs from the Sun, which in that chart is probably in a feminine Sign.

Oh, and great. I have a out of sect Sun. I dont think Im a serial killer, lol.

Not yet. Whatever the Sun does will be contrary to what is should be doing, and if the Sun was impeded or in bad condition, the Sun might even act inappropriately. Depends on what the Sun significates in your chart.

Is your out of sect mercury the reason people either really love or really get touchy about reading your frank and no holds barred style of communication?

Well, no, it's in my chart, not their charts (and probably just as well).

Also, this program seems to take in NO account the polarity of the signs, (as in male/female)

I don't either. I don't even thing male/female is a good descriptor. Dr. farr mentioned Yin/Yang and I think that embodies the spirit of it much better than On/Off or Up/Down.

However....this is an excerpt from the section that is supposed to be astrological "college lessons"

" How did they determine that Jupiter is exalted in Cancer? Perhaps the logic is that since Jupiter is benefic, it would be extremely helpful to have the benefic in the very personal sign of Cancer as it would bring innate goodness. I am speculating as I do not know how these correlations were made."

So I guess they are *super* qualified to make a program that calculates all this.

Uh, one of the many things Jupiter signifies is the northerly winds. When Jupiter is in Cancer, he stirs up the northerly winds in a good way that benefits farmers and sailors.