Asteroids?

So I just read about asteroids that some consider important while some just would let them be. I've understood an asteroid becomes prominent if it conjuncts with your ruling planets or something important.

As typical it is for Scorpio such as myself he wants to overcome his weaknesses and ends up researching the "dark" asteroids, the ones that make you weak. Like Chiron, Dejanira, Prey, Icarus; Nessus and Nemesis etc.. If they conjunct anything important in your chart, how one can learn to overcome/balance those energies to not end up being weak as in being vulnerable and ignorant or the other way around when you compensate your own lack of power on other people (Nessus/Nemesis)?

stellamora

So I just read about asteroids that some consider important while some just would let them be. I've understood an asteroid becomes prominent if it conjuncts with your ruling planets or something important.

As typical it is for Scorpio such as myself he wants to overcome his weaknesses and ends up researching the "dark" asteroids, the ones that make you weak. Like Chiron, Dejanira, Prey, Icarus; Nessus and Nemesis etc.. If they conjunct anything important in your chart, how one can learn to overcome/balance those energies to not end up being weak as in being vulnerable and ignorant or the other way around when you compensate your own lack of power on other people (Nessus/Nemesis)?

It would have to depend on the aspects in the chart and how they play out.. because they might not necessarily play out 'darkly' depending on if anything is softened in aspect.

Ryupower

I too, might be interested in understanding Asteroids. They seem to be in natal charts but not sure if they really do anything

stellamora

For instance we have to take in element, modality, polarity, degree, and house in instance in regards to the asteroid... the sabian symbol might also give some clues as well..... I would take every aspect in regard and prune away what doesn't fit. Use REALLY tight orbs to luminaries/personal... like under 2', even tighter... Use (Conjunctions, Oppositions and Squares)

TRINES & SEXTILES only to luminaries (and perhaps chart ruler?) will bring natural talent of the asteroid flavoured in sign/house etc...

I have found for myself.. sextiles (represent opportunities/potentials/supporting) and trines (harmony, natural-inherent talent, balance, luck) definitely have shown up.

Some people say don't bother, I say it adds dimension and character. We're all complex multi-dimensional people... we shouldn't limit our knowledge of astrology to the basics. We should be progressively learning and integrating about the art; nothing is permanent... everything should grow/progress at some point right? We need more astrologers studying asteroids imo.

Gonna dig deeper into the research then, thanks!

Well this one I was interested in is my Dejanira conjunct my sun-moon midpoint. Dejanira is the victim, right? I'm not sure if it's as hard as this asteroid conjunct sun or moon themselves however, what do you think? I'm not revealing the exact info just for the privacy however. ;-)
I also have my nemesis 2 degrees away from dejanira and 2 degrees from it Karma and Tantalus in exact conjunction (which almost makes me feel sad) forming trine to my SN and sextile to my NN by 1.
However would the asteroids have so much significance as not all of them are connecting with the big stuff. NN/SN signs have no planets in them however.

Then I have Prey in exact conjunct with my Juno and Lilith, which I'm not too sure about either. Would I be advised to be more careful choosing a long-term partner or is it just me worrying about being too vulnerable.

Then I was interested in seeing Mars in exact conjunct Dejanira in seventh house of my friend's natal chart. 7th house is partnerships and for her it's in an aggressive sign so I wonder how this would be interpreted... it also forms exact trine with her Nessus! Not sure if it's unsafe for her partners or herself. I like knowing the person in real life rather than through examining tiny details in natal chart, however doesn't mean it couldn't provoke interest. :)

stellamora

Gonna dig deeper into the research then, thanks!

Well this one I was interested in is my Dejanira conjunct my sun-moon midpoint. Dejanira is the victim, right? I'm not sure if it's as hard as this asteroid conjunct sun or moon themselves however, what do you think? I'm not revealing the exact info just for the privacy however. ;-)
I also have my nemesis 2 degrees away from dejanira and 2 degrees from it Karma and Tantalus in exact conjunction (which almost makes me feel sad) forming trine to my SN and sextile to my NN by 1.
However would the asteroids have so much significance as not all of them are connecting with the big stuff. NN/SN signs have no planets in them however.

Then I have Prey in exact conjunct with my Juno and Lilith, which I'm not too sure about either. Would I be advised to be more careful choosing a long-term partner or is it just me worrying about being too vulnerable.

Then I was interested in seeing Mars in exact conjunct Dejanira in seventh house of my friend's natal chart. 7th house is partnerships and for her it's in an aggressive sign so I wonder how this would be interpreted... it also forms exact trine with her Nessus! Not sure if it's unsafe for her partners or herself. I like knowing the person in real life rather than through examining tiny details in natal chart, however doesn't mean it couldn't provoke interest. :)

As for the sun/moon midpoint; perhaps someone featuring prominantly in your life that displays victim qualities or to whom you play the victim of... whatever sign/ house it's in will color how one will victimize or the qualities of said person..

sun/moon is desire for companionship perhaps you have karma involving dejanira/nemesis roles?? because trine/sextile the the SN/NN would indicate it potentially playing out.. but in a more soft manner so it may not be something that features too 'harsh'.. Or maybe even karma balancing these roles within oneself?

I'm just curious... what are your views on the asteroids themselves? Dejanira and Nemesis (I too am only studying how asteroids effect people.. and need to ask questions to figure out how it's being expressed)

I'll check back on what I think for your friends dejanira/nessus

Sagespeed

1995's pisces suns seem to have lots of these conjunct their suns and moons. :unsure: it would be interesting to hear if they feel they can relate to whats being said about the asteroids. seems insane to have so many of these in one sign

iauiugu

i would take a HEAP of salt before trusting any interpretation and understanding of asteroids. most astrologers using them are just going off of their names and superficial reads of the myths connected to them, when all other canonized modern planets requires DECADES of study before conclusions could be drawn

it's not like neptune represents angry, masculine energies like from its namesake in myth. uranus isn't a sign for ending up castrated!

at most i feel like Chiron has been well-attuned to the reads of astrologers, Pluto of course, but that's about it. i personally think Ceres will be on Pluto's level some day, but Eris, Makemake, Humea, Sedna... we'll see.

there's already so much to be said and learn from what's already known. saturn-pluto give a lot of angles to look at for knowing one's weaknesses