should i keep pursuing this type of job?

besitos

After a project ended with a dream company, i applied to a similar position with a big company and was told today i was in the top running but didn't get it. I wasn't sure how much stock to put into their words on my suitability to apply to these sorts of jobs (i have some worries that it could be a problem with my image, among other things).

am i on the wrong track applying to these sorts of positions?

here i see ruler of the 6th (i asked for the type of work, and these jobs are meant to be temporary for me), saturn, in the 6th. Venus also in the 6th. This to me says that these jobs will give me something of value and that they will accept me and it will be worth it to apply to them, because venus is in the 6th as well.

saturn will also trine mars in the 10th - i would see this as positive moves for my career.

however, saturn and mars are not considered positive - but saturn is the ruler of the house in question. help wanted for interpretation.

Any feedback is appreciated! I was discouraged today, but not sure, and not really not sure whether to take the positive feedback as positive.

Thanks!

Attachments

• jobs.jpg
    jobs.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 34

Aria Venue

After a project ended with a dream company, i applied to a similar position with a big company and was told today i was in the top running but didn't get it. I wasn't sure how much stock to put into their words on my suitability to apply to these sorts of jobs (i have some worries that it could be a problem with my image, among other things).

am i on the wrong track applying to these sorts of positions?

here i see ruler of the 6th (i asked for the type of work, and these jobs are meant to be temporary for me), saturn, in the 6th. Venus also in the 6th. This to me says that these jobs will give me something of value and that they will accept me and it will be worth it to apply to them, because venus is in the 6th as well.

saturn will also trine mars in the 10th - i would see this as positive moves for my career.

however, saturn and mars are not considered positive - but saturn is the ruler of the house in question. help wanted for interpretation.

Any feedback is appreciated! I was discouraged today, but not sure, and not really not sure whether to take the positive feedback as positive.

Thanks!
Hello Besitos
Ok let's see....

A."I was discouraged today, but not sure,", "(i have some worries that it could be a problem with my image, among other things)."...these are your words...So how is this being manifested in the chart?

You l1/peregrine sun in L8 in venus exaltation...what is venus though? your rival...hmmm...what is the meaning of being in 8th house/saturn? the 8th 'signifies fear and anguish of mind' . So if the querent's planet is found in the 8th, without any reason for being there (such as the question being about death or the spouse's money, booker's money etc...), this shows that the querent is anguished over the issue.How about your self esteem then? again L2/ sun

B.MOON your co-sig.What is moon doing here? peregrine in mars located in L9 (the news you received)...ruled by L10/mars(the job you lost...and your career in general) exalts L1/sun, which by the way is also your L2.How is mars here?in detriment, ruled by venus (your rival/s)

C."....however, Saturn and mars are not considered positive..." OK now let's see about L6 (an everyday job...just to cover your expenses so to say...)
So keep this always in mind: Any planet in its detriment or fall can be malign. Any planet in its sign or exaltation can behave well. The more essential dignity a planet has, the better it conforms to its innate good nature, and so is able to show itself at its best. The more debilitated it is, the more it is deformed from this innate goodness, and so manifests its nastier side.
So... although Saturn and Mars are known as malefics we must always check where they are located.
In your case Saturn as you may understand then is not regarded as malefic...
but...does saturn in Capricorn receives you/L1/sun? I don't think so...does mars/L10 this job wants sun???no
Can your career, in general, be advanced through this kind of jobs? Perhaps...since L6 exalts L10

D.all in all I think the bad news you received initiated these stressful feelings/thoughts and perhaps made you feel inferior somehow..although I can't tell where you referring to by saying things about your appearance and of course it's not my job or expertise to find what makes you feel that way...I could say that perhaps a psychologist might help you see why you feel that way in the first place...if you actually have such issues in your everyday life:smile:

ps! i forgot this neptune sitting next to you l1...L1 is ruled by Jupiter in Pisces...where also neptune can be seen as natural significator of Pisces..Neptune tends to refine experience and urges people to achieve greater degrees of psychic and spiritual awareness and experience. It can, however, be deceptive and vague. It is responsible for self-delusion, fearful imaginings and worry.*Pluto, Neptune and Uranus- is rarely of any consequence in horary astrology...Neptune is generally regarded as malefic.In your case i would say that emphasizes your worry.

"Some of the harshest comments that we get come from ourselves, via the 'voice of the inner critic,'" says Forbes magazine. "If you struggle with low self-confidence, there is a possibility that your inner critic has become overactive and inaccurate."Don't Give Up. Persistence is the most valuable key when looking for job opportunities. You will feel deflated when you don’t hear back from the resumes you have submitted. You will feel depressed when an employer rejects you, but keep calm and carry on -- it will give your self-confidence a much-needed boost.

Last edited:

besitos

wow, thanks for the long response, aria. i appreciate the time you took and found it helpful.

my solar return has 8th house emphasis. I started feeling more discouraged lately - part of this has to do with a personal relationship too. MC is very prominent in my natal chart, and I have always, as long as i can remember, wanted to have a career that had purpose and that i would be happy with conceptually - that it would be something i could identify with.

I will come back with a question, but wanted to state that i asked the other company if my image was the issue (someone who wouldn't know the product i would be working on, maybe, or in the industry). I am applying for another position with them and stated that as well. they said they would offer help, but i dont know if that was 100% sincere. probably in the chart too - perhaps the 7th ruler condition? (10th from my 10th? or just as other to me

besitos

ok, i read the post more carefully, but "mars / L10 does not want sun" - because mars is in taurus, and ruler of the 10th is mars in aries - exhalts me Sun.

anyway, i am out of my funk a little and will apply again and to other types of jobs as well. I do think I'm learning through each experience. which could help 10th house matters.

watcherofthesouth

This is typical for Saturn plowing through the 6th house. If you keep trying, Saturn will reward you when it passes through to 7th - although it might not be a good idea to focus on such an endeavor bc you'll just be delayed. Applying for jobs that are Saturn-related (representing cold, old, seniors, etc) would be a remedy. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait.

Aria Venue

ok, i read the post more carefully, but "mars / L10 does not want sun" - because mars is in taurus, and ruler of the 10th is mars in aries - exhalts me Sun.

anyway, i am out of my funk a little and will apply again and to other types of jobs as well. I do think I'm learning through each experience. which could help 10th house matters.

Yes besitos
This is what I wrote..

"B.MOON your co-sig.What is moon doing here? peregrine in mars located in L9 (the news you received)...ruled by L10/mars(the job you lost...and your career in general) exalts L1/sun, which by the way is also your L2.How is mars here?in detriment, ruled by venus (your rival/s)"

Perhaps the way I wrote it in first place misguided you..I am speaking for the moon here...not for L10/mars who doesn't receive sun/L1 you.The job/L10/mars wants your rival/venus:wink:venus controls the cusp of L7 saturn,and saturn/l6 exalts mars the particular position.So you see this particular job/position didn't want you.This doesn't mean that you won't find other jobs...either to advance your career (L10) or jobs just to pay your everyday expences /L6.

By the way since you mentioned that again "but wanted to state that i asked the other company if my image was the issue " what do you think is the problem with your image? you think that other people receive you negatively perhaps... because of what exactly?

Last edited:

besitos

Applying for jobs that are Saturn-related (representing cold, old, seniors, etc) would be a remedy. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait.

lol.. this is exactly why it didn't work out for me ( i left voluntarily) at the place before the dream company job. ie, senior management appeared to be too outdated/friction having with my thinking.

but my fear is that since I am not just out of college myself, that people may perceive me as too old to start with this kind of work. (aria, this is what I meant by my image). age discrimination is against the law in my country, but as with all discrimination can be sometimes hard to prove. I'm not saying this is the case here, just saying I am worried about impressions here. on the flip side - maybe employers don't see me as experienced enough.

it might make sense to apply for more traditional jobs - not sure what a "cold" job is - maybe inspection. I think that is the advice i will take from this - thank you to Watcher! Thank you aria - i enjoy your long posts with details.

Last edited: