Match the charts challenge

katydid

What would you say to the following arguments then?

1. If it failed big time it is because astrology does not work

[ there are always going to be massive amounts of people who will make that argument. :whistling:]

2. You cannot predict specific aspects because it's based on generalization. Astrologers hide this lack of accuracy on external factors, like people being complex.

[When I began working in a medical clinic during my college years, I really increased my faith in Astrology, because I saw first hand that the 'science' of medicine is almost as haphazard and 'irrational' as the Art of Astrology is.

Patients would come to the clinic to get 2nd or 3rd or 4th 'medical opinions' and bring a thick folder of medical history files, where there is little agreement among the physicians and a lot of confusion, even with the many tests and x-rays.

And the reason given? People are complex and no one is the same and no medical diagnosis is exactly the same for just that reason.

Seeing this happen first hand made me understand why the testing of Astrology has similar drawbacks. ]

3. Much of what was said about individual charts back in the 80's was falsely proved to be true when read to the people who got their charts read BECAUSE of confirmation bias.

[ I think that all Astrologers who meet with their clients one on one, use lots of methods to gather their info for the reading.

I always took extensive notes on the chart and had the notes ready for when my client arrived. But when I met them, spoke with them, observed them, vibed with them, interacted with them, I would often add or subtract information after reading body language, attitude, etc etc.

All 'counselors ' do that, in my opinion. Does that make the info offered less valuable if only 80% was from the chart and the rest was experience and personal observation and intuition? ]

4. People have different criteria im chart reading because generalizing works no matter the house system or zodiac.

[Again I will use my experiences working in the medical clinic to answer this argument.

If someone has a mystery illness, and they go to several types of doctors, of various specialties or different schools of thought, they may find that maybe 5 of the 7 doctors will come to the same basic diagnosis. But they may do so by using very different methods to make the diagnosis.

An Acupuncturist, a Chiropractor, a General Physician, a Neurologist, A Doctor of Homeopathic Medicine, an Emergency Room Doctor, a Licensed Physicians Assistant, a Shaman, A Doctor of Internal Medicine...etc etc...

Each one will use their own preferred methods to figure out why their patient is not thriving and in pain.

If they do not all agree 100% on the diagnosis, does that mean that 'medicine' does not work?

No, it means that sometimes some patients are difficult to correctly diagnose. Probably 4 or 5 or 6 of the 'healers' will be able to come to a basic consensus if there is an easily identifiable disease present. If the patient had one of the most 'overlooked ' illnesses, like lupus, or MS or celiac disease or hepatitus C, there might be a lot of confusion at first and they may not receive a correct diagnosis.

That does not mean that 'modern medicine' does not work. It just means that people and their bodies and their illnesses are highly complex]

5. Rather than seeing and accepting that astrology is generalized and biased, some are more likely to believe it is too complex.

[see above rambling answer...]

6. Astrology would be proven if people read charts on their entirety and then saw if they matched with each individual, but without telling natives what interpretations correspond to their chart, so as to remove confirmation bias.

[I do not believe that anyone can ever 'prove' astrology to anyone that does not take the time and effort necessary to understand Astrology.]

Please try to discuss these points, and I am not trying to say I stand by them, I am simply exposing them.

I really do not care anymore about trying to 'prove' something to people who will never accept or understand. :tongue:

ETA:

Also, I had to laugh when I read this :

"Astrology would be proven if people read charts on their entirety ..."

I have studied Astrology since the 1960's, and I have NEVER read a chart in it's entirety and have NEVER seen a chart that was read in it's entirety.

I have studied my own chart since I was about 13, and I am 65 now, and I have not read my own chart in it's entirety. :wink:

Last edited: