Rio de Janeiro Olympics 2016

Kitchy

Banned
Will they be a disaster for the country and its already badly-tarnished image?

What I know: the final vote of IOC to determine the site of Summer 2016 Olympiad was held on October 2, 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark, 18:48. (Thank you Patmp for the time)

Any Mundane-y's here who can help me figure a few things out on this matter?

*I am inclined to create a chart for the time the decision was made.
*The announcement to the world followed ( and it would be important in 10th/3rd house matter of the decision chart)
*Rio is the protagonist in this instance - the host.

Any suggestions on how best to 'rectify' the time for when the decision was made - when the IOC votes were finally cast and counted?

I am a die-hard Olympiad fan for several decades. I remember telling myself back in '09 when I heard the announcement - "it's going to be a disaster in Rio"

Much that has come from media in those following years and especially in the past year, is confirming my original hunch.

I have never created a mundane chart based on unknown birthtime, so I could use a bit of help if anyone is willing to offer it up.

THANK YOU TO AJ, SVEN and PATMP FOR THE TIME FOR CHART HELP. :happy:

Attachments

• Rio 2016.gif
    Rio 2016.gif
    64.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

AJ Astrology

Will they be a disaster for the country and its already badly-tarnished image?

What I know: the final vote of IOC to determine the site of Summer 2016 Olympiad was held on October 2, 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
I do not yet have a time for when the announcement was made.

I do not have a time for when the final location/decision was made.

Any Mundane-y's here who can help me figure a few things out on this matter?

*I am inclined to create a chart for the time the decision was made.
*The announcement to the world followed ( and it would be important in 10th/3rd house matter of the decision chart)
*Rio is the protagonist in this instance - the host.

Any suggestions on how best to 'rectify' the time for when the decision was made - when the IOC votes were finally cast and counted?

Hi kitchy,

Why don't you cast a chart for the date and time the games begin? It seems to me that would be more appropriate.

Kitchy

Banned
Thanks, AJ - I will probably end up doing that.

My intentful hope is to look at the chart of the "admission" of Rio to host the games - and to see what was operating in their decision and then go from there with moon through the chart.

I'm still formulating thoughts on this approach.

sven555

Hi Kitchy,

This is from BBC SPORT website.

"Rio won a majority of the 95 votes at the meeting in Copenhagen, eliminating Madrid in the final round. Tokyo and Chicago had already been knocked out."

"In the second round, however, Rio almost secured the absolute majority needed to win outright, with 46 of the 95 votes cast. Madrid came a distant second with 29, while Tokyo was eliminated after receiving 20.
The final ballot saw Rio win by a comprehensive margin of 66 votes to 32."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/8282518.stm

Announcement was made around 3pm UK time, so maybe 4pm in Copenhagen?

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
brilliant, Sven - that is what I was hoping for. The conception/inception date and time.

many thanks

Last edited:

sven555

brilliant, Sven - that is what I was hoping for. The conception/inception date and time.

many thanks

I remember the announcement being made, so my best guess was around 1pm-3pm UK time. Hence you add 1 hour onto those times.

So in Copenhagen, the time is between 2pm-4pm. IMHO!

Kitchy

Banned
Patmp - just for clarifying - 18:48 "local time" is for Copenhagen, correct? If so , I will adjust time on chart thumbnail in my first post. Please confirm?

AJ Astrology

The chart for the opening ceremonies is equally ominous. According to Bonatus, Saturn in H10 signifies grief and sorrow, and cracking down and severities on the part of the king or civil authorities. The conjunction of Mars and Saturn implies burdens and impediments on the government. The Sun in H6 signifies infirmities and detriments. Jupiter, Mercury, Moon and Venus in H7 are all good things, especially for women.

It's bizarre that Venus and Mercury have almost made returns from their positions in the announcement chart.

If Moon is a trigger for events, then Moon will be very active in this chart, conjuncting Jupiter, then squaring Sun (day 4 of the games), then conjunct with Mars (day 6) and Saturn (day 7) before opposing Sun (day 12).

On the announcement chart, Mars in H4 shows death and ruin from illness. Saturn in H6 also signifies illness. The Sun in H7 shows contrariety.

Attachments

• Olympics.jpg
    Olympics.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 28

Kitchy

Banned
The chart for the opening ceremonies is equally ominous. According to Bonatus, Saturn in H10 signifies grief and sorrow, and cracking down and severities on the part of the king or civil authorities. The conjunction of Mars and Saturn implies burdens and impediments on the government. The Sun in H6 signifies infirmities and detriments. Jupiter, Mercury, Moon and Venus in H7 are all good things, especially for women.

It's bizarre that Venus and Mercury have almost made returns from their positions in the announcement chart.

If Moon is a trigger for events, then Moon will be very active in this chart, conjuncting Jupiter, then squaring Sun (day 4 of the games), then conjunct with Mars (day 6) and Saturn (day 7) before opposing Sun (day 12).

On the announcement chart, Mars in H4 shows death and ruin from illness. Saturn in H6 also signifies illness. The Sun in H7 shows contrariety.

Very cool AJ - thank you for that!

When the announcement was made, Moon applying conjunct to Uranus. I think it was a surprise/unexpected for the Rio organizers that they were selected. Moon had hit Neptune prior to the selection, so perhaps the IOC was a bit 'beer-goggled' leading up to the decision. Their decision making had some inherent flaws or bad judgements, most likely. Sentiment for Brazil by committee members was likely quite prominent.

Chart ruler Mars is in 4th looks grim to me too, AJ, yet it has decent applying and separating aspects to other points in the chart - the 6th and 12th.

You wrote - Mars in H4 shows death and ruin from illness. Saturn in H6 also signifies illness.

RockFish

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time member here and I'm brazilian. I'm not in Rio right now, but I was born there and my entire family lives there.

I don't know if you guys are interested in this manner of approach, but I've been reading Brazil's independence chart in connection with the present transits to try and figure out what will be of the Olympics.

The Brazilian chart I use and most rely onto is the independence one:

São Paulo, 07 september 1822
16:58. (rectified)

Original accounts say that independence was declared around 16:30, but I like the chart of 16:58 (rectified by professional Brazilian astrologers) because it places Midheaven in the first degrees of Sagittarius, and whenever Saturn has transited those degrees, big distress befell the country.

When President Dilma Roussef was reelected in the final months of 2014, Saturn was about to enter Sagittarius. Her second mandate has been disastrous and, when Mars got into Sagittarius last March, the process of impeachment escalated and, in April, as Mars approached a conjunction to Saturn, she was temporarily taken from teh presidential seat to undergo an investigation. The process of impeachment of Dilma Rousseff is still ongoing, and it is possible that it will be sealed after the games, in august, under the Mars-Saturn conjunction.

Now Mars and Saturn will move to a perfect conjunction exactly during the Olympics, around 9 degrees Sagit. It is a bit past the Midheaven degrees, which are placed around 2 degrees Sagit, but it is still inside an active orb IMO and the conjunction will be applying a square to the Virgo Sun of the nation.

The country is being shaken by terrible austerity measures, it's being forcibly pushed towards right-wing politics by the new "government" (and we are very much of the opinion that there is enormous international influence and investment in this, for far-right ideologies are on the rise all over the planet), there is a fascist movement brewing inside the white middle classes and making victims among blacks, gays and indigenous peoples, there's been a terror threat from foreign extremists, Rio has declared it is officially in a state of calamity, being now occupied by the military to ensure the Olympics will happen peacefully, but also to repress the protests from many different cathegories of workers who are suffering with no salaries, like teachers. Some are afraid the military simply will not go away after the games to avoid the city being plunged into chaos, and the end result of it all is that we are under the very tangible risk of suffering a (yet another) military coup with the Olympics as a mask.

Fact is, the country is falling apart.

We all know the Olympics will be a disaster, but perhaps not inside the gaming fields (hopefully). It is already a disaster to the people of Rio who are being beaten up, who have lost their houses to make way for Olympic stadiums and new roads and other kinds of overpriced structures, who are not being paid, who are being repressed at every single attempt to protest, who are being killed in the slums, who are being trampled over by a highly corrupt right-wing interim government who are keen to exploit the people till we have no blood left in our bodies.

So, yeah, you are right. The games are already a disaster. They've not even started and they are already a complete failure.

The whole world is sinking in a very, very dark cloud and, for us, astrologers, August is looming as a highly ominous moment in history. I am of the opinion that we are walking towards world war and all the political turmoil that we are witnessing is just the big players of world politics re-placing their pieces to start their cursed chess. Russia and the USA are cutting diplomatic ties as of now and NATO is pushing troops against Russia. It's world war in everything but the name.

I've already warned my family members that they should stay away from gaming fields and should remain at home as much as possible during the Olympics and the aftermath, for August and September are looking dark. I think the warlords of the world might want to take the opportunity of the Olympics to plant a terror attack in Latin America and therefore step up an already escalating world war scenario.

It's time to hold tight to love, for it is the only thing that will show the way out of this turmoil.

Thank you all for reading and God Bless.

Last edited: