how will my professor think/feel about me?

besitos

I am having a hard time getting a feel for one of my professors. He is at once warm and vulnerable yet comes off as impenetrable the next. I realize as students we havent had much time to get to know him yet, but there is a coffee date of sorts coming up in the near future.

I'm curious how his opinion of me will form over the class term that I have him.

I have vague personal interest in him. I would probably use the 9th house for him since he is a professor in my life.

there doesn't seem to be reception. The moon is leaving a trine and in the last degree of its sign, interestingly 3 degrees ago - we met 3 days ago.

since moon is changing signs, not really aspecting any of his planets, might this mean nothing is going to happen? If he is Saturn, he will be moving into the next sign at the end of the semester. At that time I won't need a chart to see how the relationship develops over the term! :) But maybe he will be more receptive to mercury at the time he moves to Aqua (in his triplicity).

I'm also assessing to see if his teaching style will work well with me.

Last edited:

besitos

attached the chart!

Attachments

• n.jpg
    n.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 48

ElenaJ

Not quite clear about your question.
Moon is in 5th, are you wondering if you will have a romantic relationship with this professor?
Moon of the chart is void of course, so nothing much will happen regards this question.
The 9th is not the professor, but your studies. Mars from your 11th approaches a square to Saturn. You will find the course frustrating.

besitos

I would like to be able to get a read on him, so some kind of more friendly relationship than is had now. Also the moon is in the fourth, are you reading it whole signs?

I already find that frustrating (not that I'm entitled for a relationship). as far as the class I would like to do well for sure and that's still possible even if the class or teaching style is frustrating, though I am not sure if you meant it to do anything with him. Still, it's hard to imagine the instructor not being a part of the class.

Thanks.

ElenaJ

I referred to your chart as posted. Moon is 2 degrees from the cusp, so can be considered in the next house, the 5th.

"so some kind of more friendly relationship than is had now"

I don't really understand this. You want to be friends with him?
He would be 7th, or if friends then 11th, but neither gives a positive aspect with you.

besitos

I think camaraderie in colloquial sense, rapport, mentally, so maybe 11th.

I want to feel more comfortable discussing things with him.

He is turning out to be frigging awesome btw. understanding and language rapport is somewhat of an art to some extent, so I am hoping there will be the possibility of that so I don't have an uphill battle on exams or discussion.

ElenaJ

So I think I would assign him to 6th as your teacher, which means mars is the significator, placed in the 11th, also ruling the 11th. So, friend and teacher.
Mars approaches the square with Saturn, so don't expect more than a usual student/teacher relationship with him, it won't blossom into either a friendship or other.
Gleam what you can for your own insight and learning.