Electional, Event and Horary

aquarius7000

Hi,

I was made aware by another member that the following post, at the 'new music project..' thread, regarding the three fairly closely-connected branches, could be helpful for some. In order that it does not get lost amongst threads, I will make it into a sticky here.

All three, Electional, Event and Horary are basically kin to one another. Let me simply try to show you the difference(s) by very briefly explaining the three and framing the kind of question the querent may ask in the three different branches.

Electional: is where you deliberately 'elect' or choose a moment in time for your intended action/project. So, say you'd like to 'inaugarate' (start) your new venture next Monday at 9.00 am, then you do a chart for that (elected) time and see how it fares as far as the intended project goes. The question or subject here would be like the one suggested in the topic of this thread, or simply: Picking a date for the new music project.

Event: The most famous e.g. here is the first-meeting charts. With the event usually having either occured in the past or is to occur on a 'fixed' date, the aim here is to see how this event will progress/develop into the future as per the various (mundane) influences which were at work at the time the event took place. For the chart you would need the exact data (date, time and place) when the event happened. The question/subject here could be: How will the music project do? or Will the music project be successful?

Horary: Here you may go beyond simply electing a time. You may ask other things around the planned project like: Would a business partnership be beneficial for me in my music venture? or even: Will the music project be successful? (as in the Event-Astro paragraph above). However, in Horary, the data used for the chart would be based on the moment when you (as the querent) came up with the question, or even when your astrologer received the question from you (the querent).

Furthermore, all three branches are mainly based on traditional Astrology. However, the use of outer planets is not completely out of question, esp if either in a meaningful aspect to one of the major significators, or placed at an angular position with the angle in question (ie Asc, DC, IC, MC) tangenting the question.

:)aquarius7000

Last edited:

paneagle7

Posted on another thread as well (with modifications)

EVENT -
Good care and love go out to Japanese People. But this recent Quake
is just more of the same hurricane-storm-quake events that will continue on throughout the time period of earth - today's quake Japan 8.9 sent Tsunami but maybe hopefully it is far off east coast of Japan just enough to give warning time. Our hope is this one was distant enough offshore. Jupiter and Venus were 8 degrees from Nagasaki to east in Pacific where quake center was.

QUAKE CHART - Occured 2:45pm local time easy - rising was Virgo.
This was when Jupiter and Venus were EXACTly conjunct at midheaven with 8 degrees. Earth Taurus, grand trine Mars and Pluto -

Yes, earth events predictably occur and even if benefics, taurus earth moved as so often in Taurus. 8.9 largest quake recorded in area. There are movements of the Earth naturally, and man does have some cause for them, but so does natural systems, so we notice nations and living zones get in the way.

There is always a neutral aspect to events. We must understand earth movements are not benign or harmful of themselves. They just occur, as do movements of stars and change or events in our lives. The good or bad is our intepretation. Maybe Japan needs some shakeup, and the world people realize life is precious, make the most of situation, and do our best spiritually, and physically as in life. - It's not God reigning down on us. But there is this sharp proof of Stars and Astrology enough to show clearly the alignments.

The chart sol 60th harmonic degree of jupiter and venus and mars were conjunct in scorpio. There have been reports of deaths and damage. the moon conjunct node in sagittarius and node quincunx jupiter venus are significant fire signs. (for more 60th sol astrology see my solastrology blogspot )

How to predict these events in advance? Picking places where conjunctions fall is one. Jupiter/Venus near midheaven of Japan in this one. Hope and love and care go out to the Japanese people once again.

If there are no predictors of march 20 conjunction or close aspect, nothing more will happen this month on that front. However, financial or other changes in the world cycle and uranus square pluto does suggest furthur events to come. Astrologers would do better with time to help predict exactly, rather than just supposition after the fact. This is a challenge to us, and myself included, needing better proactive effort.

serafin5

Recently, as I am learning everything, I wanted to test my skills/knowledge about an event that happened in the past when I was younger. Needless to say, this event was traumatic, however, life-changing for me and so I was able to draw up a complete chart of this event and decided the next thing to do after I aspect this chart would be to compare it with my Natal chart and aspect the charts (transits back then). Im curious as to what astrology had to say back then on that fateful day if I could have forseen these transits beforehand had I been able to when I was only 11 years old at the time. Can anybody suggest how I might go about this, what to look for first for example, aspects, houses, etc.? (I am speaking about the death of a close family member here). Is this type of astrology called event astrology?

This something that I have been wanting to do for long time, and learn too, as there are other dates in my life I would like study as well.

Thanks guys,
Serafin5