Will they renew my contract?

dourage

Hi all, I asked:

"Will they renew my contract?" (It is supposed to end in December.)

I am Saturn, the job is either Mars (ruler 10th) or Mercury (ruler 6th).

Saturn and the job are in each other's detriment but also in an applying sextile. Saturn and Mercury don't do much.

Moon is applying to conjunct Mars, but will first square Venus. Wow, what a challenged Moon! Moon, Mercury and Mars are peregrine. Plus, Pluto is on the Asc.

I am combust, so am in fear over losing my job, perhaps. Though I can't say I am THAT worried. It's not a full time job and though I like it very much, I do not depend on it financially.

I have a feeling that the Mars Saturn sextile applying with an orb of 2 gives away that my job will last only 2 months longer (especially considering the detriment thing). The rest does not seem so promising with all those peregrine planets, and Saturn and Mars being in each other's detriment. I think it is weird though that these planets are in each other's detriment. At the moment I, at least, really (still) enjoy my job.

Ok, so, any other thoughts? Also on that Mercury Venus conjunction in my 10th?

Thank you muchly in advance!

Attachments

• renewcontract.jpg
    renewcontract.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Anachiel

I think you are right on with this. And, that you draw a parallel between the chart and your circumstances (your boss), it is even more important of a chart.

I agree, they will renew the contract but it may have changes you find unpleasant. That Moon to Venus square, and Venus placed in the 10th and also ruling the 9th might suggest this.

Although I have not heard of a mutual reception by detriment traditionally used (seems to make no sense why you'd want to be worse off), I know some modern traditional horary astrologers do allow this. This would however, also seem to indicate some loss of previous priviledge in the contract if we consider this.

In any case, the Mars to Saturn sextile should sew this up for you.

Blessings,

Anachiel

Serendipity

I agree with Anachiel.
Something about this might be unpleasant. Mars and Saturn in the others sign of detriment. Perhaps the Moon square to Venus in detriment is a sign of less money or something along those lines.
Keep us posted.

dourage

I will definitely let you know. As I said, my contract will end at the end of December, so I suppose I will hear something before that.

dourage

Update!
Ok. Today was a ****** day for me, even though Susan Miller from AstrologyZone claimed that it would be a "stellar day!!" Not so much for me.

This job I applied for in August. I asked a question about it here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38375

The friend I talk about in this post I saw again today.

So we have the answer!! Thank you all for your replies. Now I will open a bottle of wine, haha.

Last edited:

Anachiel

Yes, I can see why you would be discouraged. However, it sounds like you still have the opportunity to get the job, just not a contract for the job? Did I understand correctly?

The main significators in the chart, Saturn (you) and Mars (the job) do still come together nicely here. I think there may still be a good chance to get the job, even though the news about the contract ended up being disappointing.

dourage

Hi Anachiel, thank you for your reply. The thing is that, they will restructure a part time job into a full time job. And I can't go for that, because I'm still in uni. Also, if I could have applied, that would have to be another, different question right? I would have to ask, if I apply for this job now, will I get it? Because they generally figured out a new structure and my contract just ends at the end of December, so basically the answer to this question is 'no'...

Serendipity

The main significators in the chart, Saturn (you) and Mars (the job) do still come together nicely here

There's interference .. Mars will perfect an aspect with Venus first. That's the reason it's a no.

Thanks for updating dourage. Sorry about the job.

Anachiel

There's interference .. Mars will perfect an aspect with Venus first. That's the reason it's a no.

Thanks for updating dourage. Sorry about the job.

Yes, by only 14 minutes. Apparently even that close enough to interfere. Venus at 21SCP38 and Mars at 21LEO24. Most disappointing.

dourage

OK! This story has gotten another twist. Yesterday I heard from the secretary of my boss that they're thinking of prolonging my contract by two months. She said that that would definitely be the case, but today she called me saying that this would only be the case if they couldn't find someone for the job to start in January. So we have to wait and see!

In the meantime, I am thinking of applying too (for this fulltime job)...

dourage

Update!!!

They renewed my contract after all, in its original structure!!! I heard it just yesterday. I will spare you all the details, but basically they failed to find a qualified candidate for the fulltime position and, in the words of the committee leader "no one that was like me".

So I now got an extension to continue the job parttime until september 1st. So how do we see that at all in the chart?? Maybe the interception wasn't strong enough after all??

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

In whole sign, contract would be 7th house under Cancer (Moon significator) querent would be Capricorn = Saturn: Saturn is exalted in Libra (+), also is in 10th whole sign house of advancement, career (+), and the contract job (Moon) flows toward Saturn (querent) which is (+); Moon would have made a sextile to Saturn but is interfered with by conjoining Mars prior to this happening (-); also Moon is in a pitted (blocked) degree which indicates some suspense and delay in the resolution of the matter (-);so, looking at the testimonies we find 2 negatives and 3 positives which gives a net +1 testimony which indicates a "likely yes they will renew the contract" answer.

dourage

haha dr. farr!! couldn't you have told me this 2 months ago?! ;-)) I wouldn't have been worrying over this for forever! ;-))

Anyway, I was wondering, does this method you use not work with combustion at all? Since Saturn is combust too, at least, in my method, which would be a negative factor... Is this you magic 8 ball method or something different?

dr. farr

HI:
-for me Saturn is not combust* (since it is a cold and dry planet, the orb for combustion is smaller than a hot and dry planet like Mars; I use a 5 degree orb of combustion for Saturn; Mars around 6-7 degrees; Mercury like Saturn-5 degrees; cold and moist Moon and Venus 3 degrees; warm and moist Jupiter 4 degrees) Had I considered Saturn combust, then I would have given it a - testimony, and the net results of the delineation would have been: 0, ie, 50/50 ie, "maybe"- would have been the net indication (see below re to the magic 8 ball "prediction" result)

-notice that I took the 7th house (not 6th or 10th) as quesited significator: here I am following Anthony Louis in assigning work contracts to the 7th (I have used this signification on several "contract" horary questions with correct prognostics each time, so far)

-yes it would have been more appropriate to delineate before, and the only reason I posted to this thread "after the outcome" is that you asked "so how do we see that in the chart".

-no this is not the "magic 8 ball" divination method; the above brief delineation is an example of what I call the "Ankara" horary method, more correctly "Ottoman astrology" (much of what this method does can be found in the pre-Bonatti, Islamic transitional era authors, touching upon their origination of Western horary methodology)

-actually the magic 8 ball (which is entirely mechanical and involves no interpretations whatsoever) would have given a "maybe" answer to this question; ie, 7th whole sign house = contract; Cancer on that house; Cancer = the Moon, therefore (according to the 8 ball "rules) the "answer" would have been "maybe" (which of course is not exactly a satifying answer:andy:)

*In the method I follow I do NOT take "under the sunbeams" into consideration

Last edited: