Please help, any insight please, Am i perusing wrong career?

Kite

I feel so lost. I left high school about 8 years ago, been struggling in community college , I picked nursing because it’s the most practical career I could think of and I like to help others. I finally applied and got accepted into a 1 year nursing program and I’m also working as a preschool teacher, I still do not feel happy and everyday I’m miserable, I don’t think neither is a dream for me. I worked as a nursing assistant previously but quit. I’m currently working and going to school but still feel my life is going nowhere. I don’t understand my life anymore, I’m so lost. I had an idea of starting my own business making children’s cloths but I’m scared it may not work out.

CHART:
https://ibb.co/vVL8DRN

Your ruling planet is Saturn in Pisces (Aquarian Ascendant) - Moderns would say co-ruler is Uranus. Right now Saturn (along with Pluto) is transiting your natal Neptune, Part of Fortune and Uranus in your 12th house. Saturn on Neptune could very well give you the feeling of being "lost". The transit is also opposing your Venus in the 6th house in Cancer which is probably contributing to your feeling of unhappiness in your work. You have your Moon in Cancer (very strong position) in your 6th house as well which does describe wanting to help others - especially with illness. So I don't think you're far off from what might make you happy.

Your 10th house of career has Scorpio on the cusp with your Jupiter, North Node and Pluto there. The ruler Mars in your 4th house of family in Taurus (determent position). It's in a mutual reception by Triplicity with your Moon so that improves Mars and shares with the Moon your ability to help others. It is angular (strong) in your 4th house so that's good as well. Your Sun in the 5th house is probably where you're feeling the draw to children. The Sun in Gemini is ruled by Mercury which is once again in your 6th house which is where you are drawn to healthcare.

So all and all, I think you're on the right track and just need to find a way to blend your interests and craft them into something that it more meaningful for you. Perhaps something like Art Therapy might be a way to blend things for instance where you can create arts and crafts.

The transits I spoke of will move on and you should feel better in a couple of months I would think. You're young and able to try some different things before settling into something more permanent.

Harmelia

I feel so lost. I left high school about 8 years ago, been struggling in community college , I picked nursing because it’s the most practical career I could think of and I like to help others. I finally applied and got accepted into a 1 year nursing program and I’m also working as a preschool teacher, I still do not feel happy and everyday I’m miserable, I don’t think neither is a dream for me. I worked as a nursing assistant previously but quit. I’m currently working and going to school but still feel my life is going nowhere. I don’t understand my life anymore, I’m so lost. I had an idea of starting my own business making children’s cloths but I’m scared it may not work out.

CHART:
https://ibb.co/vVL8DRN

There are many ways to see career in astrology. I think Kite was reading whole sign chart. Sagittarius is on the 10th house cusp in Placidus, making Jupiter the ruler of the 10th. Regardless, Jupiter is in Scorpio, so Scorpio plays a role. Pluto, North Node and Jupiter in Scorpio in the 9th (I'd put Jupiter in the 9th as it is within 3.5 degrees of the cusp). 9th house could involve travel, law, religion, philosophy, being a professor, higher education. Scorpio would include metaphysics, psychology, and investigations of all kinds.

Your chart is interesting because you have your South Node of the Moon in Taurus - indicating what is comfortable for you. You like simplicity, nature, feeling a sense of goodness down deep. You think life should be fairly easy as you know in your bones that it can be and should be. The only problem is, it usually isn't. The Scorpio North Node is saying that it's time to make peace with complexity and messiness - uncomfortable feelings.

The real issue may be that you need to get comfortable with life and career - with all the messiness it brings. With Mars conjunct the South Node, that might be challenging. You probably feel a need to keep moving physically in the 3rd house - and Taurus usually keeps pretty busy. Venus rules Taurus in the 6th house in Cancer, and that often shows a person in service - in medicine. Cancer has compassion. The nursing career seems to be something you might like - or something in the healing professions. Perhaps there's another career within the health field you may like better.

BUT, you've got an Aquarius rising and it looks to me like you'll want to do something very unique - you need to develop your own unique role in life. It is very important to you. You Moon and Mercury in the 5th house also says that you're working on evolving your idea of who you are and what role you want to play in life.

You have a strong tendency toward feeling compassion with all that Cancer. Sun in Cancer's natural house - 4th - also says this. But Sun is in Gemini. Gemini Suns can be split in two - it's the sign of the Twins. I've often seen Gemini's go in circles about what they want. Sometimes the two things they want are in direct opposition so that they can't possible go both ways. They have to choose and I've seen Geminis live their whole lives choosing one but dreaming about the other path not taken.

You have heart but you're also a very cerebral person. You have a wonderful imagination too. You want to stand out and be different. Yet you want life to be simple too. Your chart says this (at least to me). You can't have it both ways. You can't have it simple and develop your own unique path at the same time. My guess is that your desire to do your own unique thing will win out. If you accept that it will take time to develop, then perhaps you can make peace with doing something that isn't quite your perfect "thing", you can work on that special unique path. When you acknowledge and embrace what you really want and work toward it, then it's easier to do something you know you don't want to do forever. And sometimes, even if it isn't a perfect fit, a temporary job can give you something special that you can learn and grow from while you are there.

That 3rd-9th house nodal placement can be stressful for people. And for you it is especially because the North Node traditional ruler (Mars) is conjunct the South Node. I wonder if you feel a little stuck in it. To me, the way out is to stop any obsessive thinking about career - or trying too hard to figure out all the details. Think big - get the big picture first. What would you like to do? That's first. Then you can think about how to go about doing it in more detail. In the meantime, you can always do nursing or whatever else you want to support yourself as you work out what it is you really want.

If you want to do the children's clothes thing, you can work at it slowly without quitting your day job. Research it. How can you make it work? How will you sell the clothes? What contacts and outlets do you have? Think it through. Talk to people about it. Make some outfits to show and build your portfolio. I can see you doing it with Sun in the 4th, and Moon. Mercury in the 5th. 5th house is also about children and creativity. Saturn in Pisces - imagination, inspiration.

Anyway, these are thoughts to ponder . . . I really like your idea! And if you decide not to go that way, there are as many possibilities as you can conceive of . . . and I always think it's best to follow one's heart. Do what makes you happy.

Last edited: