Accurate birth time

LostInConfusion

Hi,

I am a newbie in astrology and am new to this forum. I've been studying my own chart and the charts of my family members for some time now and one of the question that keeps bugging me is that how is it possible to even begin to interpret a chart when we have no idea if the birth time is correct?

In my case, f.i, 15 min makes a major difference. When I put the time 15 min earlier than what I was told my birth time was my Asc changes from 2 degree of Sag to 29 degree of Scorpio. But that's a completely different chart! That's not the case for the charts of other people I am studying but that's my case.

I think, most people don't really know their exact time of birth. I mean, c'mon. Just because your mom told you or just because you happen to have your medical records doesn't guarantee that you've got the right time. I am sure that the time was the last thing our moms thought about during and after delivery. And the nurses, most likely, got to document the time in the records some time after you were born, which means they put in the time they THOUGHT was at the moment of birth. I heard some astrologer say that she rectifies the time of birth for most clients before she starts working on the chart, which makes sense to me.

What about you? Has any of you considered this a problem and, if yes, how did you resolve it? Thanks :happy:

JUPITERASC

Hi,

I am a newbie in astrology and am new to this forum. I've been studying my own chart and the charts of my family members for some time now and one of the question that keeps bugging me is that how is it possible to even begin to interpret a chart when we have no idea if the birth time is correct?

In my case, f.i, 15 min makes a major difference. When I put the time 15 min earlier than what I was told my birth time was my Asc changes from 2 degree of Sag to 29 degree of Scorpio. But that's a completely different chart! That's not the case for the charts of other people I am studying but that's my case.

I think, most people don't really know their exact time of birth. I mean, c'mon. Just because your mom told you or just because you happen to have your medical records doesn't guarantee that you've got the right time. I am sure that the time was the last thing our moms thought about during and after delivery. And the nurses, most likely, got to document the time in the records some time after you were born, which means they put in the time they THOUGHT was at the moment of birth. I heard some astrologer say that she rectifies the time of birth for most clients before she starts working on the chart, which makes sense to me.

What about you? Has any of you considered this a problem and, if yes, how did you resolve it? Thanks :happy:
Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles
discussion thread with multiple techniques and examples :smile:
at
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

JUPITERASC

In my opinion, rectification is invariably a "SWAG" ("Scientific Wild-*** Guess," a phrase I first saw used by nuclear engineers to describe their design methodology). That said, I used what was basically the method described in the original post to attempt rectification of my parents' birth charts, coming up with something that was "within the realm of reason." I won't go into the details, but in my mother's case, transiting Saturn sitting almost exactly on her Ascendant at the time of her death, and in my father's case, transiting Sun and Venus directly on his Midheaven at the time of his second marriage (both times accurately recorded) looked like signature events. Not enough by itself to take to the bank, but a good start.
Interesting example of rectification using PRE-NATAL EPOCH
aka TRUTINE OF HERMES :smile:
at
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=877545&posted=1#post877545