What does it mean when the North Nodes match?

Artnunymiss

I'm looking at a chart of a man I'm attracted to. His Venus is at the exact same degree as my north node. My Mars is 3o off from his north node.

Any thoughts?

dr. farr

Looks like a "lucky strike" (I consider the NN "naturally benefic", being of the nature of the combined + influences similar to Venus+Jupiter)

HOWEVER,

While apparently quite +, nonetheless it would be an incomplete analysis of the entire potential situation, since other factors (the totality of planets, etc) is being ignored.
Best way is to use synastry, composite-or (what I consider THE most accurate method) sarvashtakavarga analysis of each chart relative to the other (each natal chart projected, so to speak, into the natal chart of the other)...

Artnunymiss

Oh, thank you! I'm really looking forward to learning more about Vedic astrology.

It just struck me as a really odd "coincidence." Mind you this isn't a man I know, it's a celebrity that I'm very taken with.

Further coincidences: He also has a T-square involving the same five planets in the same five signs. There is a huge amount of commonality in our charts!

Actually I'll just include them both, it's kind of striking I think. I'd like to look at them side by side myself.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Attachments

• my natal chart.jpg
    my natal chart.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Neely chart.jpg
    Neely chart.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 17

Artnunymiss

Oh wow, his Venus forms an almost precise quintile (72o) to my Pluto.

http://www.falconastrology.com/astro_loa_101.htm

The 72 Degree Quintile, 144 Degree Biquintile These aspects are not too easy to spot at a glance as they do not correspond in degrees. The signs are often in the same modality for the Quintile, and the bi-quintile usually in signs that would be quincunx. These more obscure aspects have been associated with creative energy and talent. They can indicate energy of a “specialized” nature that must be developed and aimed into creative directions. They can bring together needs and drives that may not harmonize initially. Acknowledging the divergent needs of the planets involved is the first step to integration.

And
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/sexualattractionastrology.html

Venus-Pluto conjunctions, squares, and oppositions are one of the most potent cross-aspects for sexual and emotional attraction. Although both people are generally attracted to each other, it is the Venus person who is the most enthralled and even obsessed with Pluto—Venus is consumed with the attraction. Ultimately, it is the Pluto person who has the upper hand in terms of whether the relationship is going to endure.

:p