How do I interpret the outer transit houses?

jac

Can anyone please explain the houses of the transits; i.e.; My natal chart inside and the outer chart of the transiting planets showing aspects, BUT the transit's 11th & 12th houses are lining up outside my 1st house, AND transiting 1st house is taking up all of my 2nd & part of my 3rd.

Of specific concern are the Uranus in the transiting 3rd house directly skirting my natal 4th house. I read the aspects, but I am not grasping the relevance of the transiting houses.

Can anything explain this or please point me to an online resource that does?
At this point I just wonder if I'm using the wrong searches.

THANKS!!!

Cary2

Banned
Many parts of Predictive Astrology resemble chart comparison. The sky at any moment is the transiting chart that we all share. What we don't share is the chemistry between our natal chart and the transiting chart. You will have monumental moments that others find inconsequential or minor due to the close contact of a transiting factor to your natal factors. Chart comparison is often done using multiple concentric charts which is what you describe as having natal as the inner chart and transits as the outer chart.

I think you are emphasizing the transits through houses too much. Look for close contacts between factors or from a factor to a midpoint.

Hard aspects, conjunction, square, opposition, semi-square, sesquiquadrate tend to suggest events. Soft aspects trine and sextile tend to refer to states, but don't neglect them. States can lead to actions.

waybread

When a planet transits a given house, expect the affairs of that house to be activated. Then think about what the planets mean. Maybe you are using a bi-wheel, to get transit houses that differ from your natal houses? I suggest you just do your natal chart with transits. Astrodienst at www.astro.com has the most legible charts and will enable you to do this.

jac

Cary2 & Waybread, I posted this because I have serious concerns about a specific house and it's relation to a skirting transit. Your feedback is appreciated, I'm aware of the info you mentioned.

I'm seeking more involvement on the transit wheel. There must be a way to securing a better understanding of the transiting houses to the natal ones.

Thanks.

Osamenor

Staff member
Transit charts don't have a whole other set of houses. It sounds like you actually cast an event chart and overlaid it with your natal. That's different.

A transit chart is just the original birth chart with the transiting planets around the outside of it, so you can see how they align with your natal placements. That's what you need if you just want to see how the current transits are affecting you.

An event chart is a chart cast for a specific date, time, and place. Because it has time and place specified, that gives it houses of its own. The time when you might want to look at an event chart aligned with your natal is when you're involved in an incident and you want to see what it means for you, astrologically. In that case, it's still the transiting planets and how they align with your natal placements that's the most relevant, but if, say, the ascendant for the event was on your natal sun, or event MC on your Mars, that's saying something about the event and your place in it. Other than that, transiting houses are still pretty irrelevant.

You might also use an event chart in that way if you're planning a future event: perhaps the timing when you give an important speech (if you're someone who gives important speeches) or your wedding. Ronald Reagan used that kind of astrology (or rather, his astrologer did) to ensure that when he went into a debate with Jimmy Carter, in the run up to the 1980 election, the timing was good for him but bad for Carter. He also kept using it in the same vein throughout his presidency.

But, for just plain transits, houses are irrelevant, except your natal ones.

waybread

jac, can you post the chart? (If you are working off a cell phone, mount it on a service like imgur.com and post the link.

It's hard to go much further without seeing what you see.

jac

No, no devices here Waybread!

Here are a couple. APR8TW19.jpg

aaand; AUG2020.jpg

jac

Waybread, I use a desktop computer and all I have to do is click on the chart to enlarge- I trust this works for you also?

Frisiangal

Knowing a little astronomy can help in understanding.

The charts are made for different dates, different times, and different years.
The planets are in different positions.

The difference in houses FOR THE TIME TAKEN in each chart has to do with Earth's rotation during the day, the period of year, and what is known as 'the obliquity of the ecliptic', the 23 degree slant of Earth's tilt, through which the signs rise earlier or later AT THE SAME TIME, according to the date.

The TIME taken for a chart denotes the rising degree and, consequently, the further houses (depending on house system used) in which the transiting planets in their signs will be. Earth rotates at approx. 1 degree per 4 minutes (x 360 = 24 hours). Its rotation makes it appear that the stationary zodiac degrees do. The sign rising in the East at any specific time denotes the Ascendant. The 'click' of the moment in time produces the picture of the planetary positions in their houses. During the course of 24 hours they will be in (rotate through) each of the twelve house realms.
As the two chart you presented are of different times during the day, this is the reason the house positions are different.

Hope this makes it clearer for you. :smile:

Lin

JAC, would you please post your birth data and the date of transit you are interested in. I think I can SHOW you rather than tell you how it works. Please advise us if you are male or female and if the question has anything to do with relationship, please let us know if you are IN one.
LIN

Last edited:

jac

Knowing a little astronomy can help in understanding.

The charts are made for different dates, different times, and different years.
The planets are in different positions.

The difference in houses FOR THE TIME TAKEN in each chart has to do with Earth's rotation during the day, the period of year, and what is known as 'the obliquity of the ecliptic', the 23 degree slant of Earth's tilt, through which the signs rise earlier or later AT THE SAME TIME, according to the date.

The TIME taken for a chart denotes the rising degree and, consequently, the further houses (depending on house system used) in which the transiting planets in their signs will be. Earth rotates at approx. 1 degree per 4 minutes (x 360 = 24 hours). Its rotation makes it appear that the stationary zodiac degrees do. The sign rising in the East at any specific time denotes the Ascendant. The 'click' of the moment in time produces the picture of the planetary positions in their houses. During the course of 24 hours they will be in (rotate through) each of the twelve house realms.
As the two chart you presented are of different times during the day, this is the reason the house positions are different.

Hope this makes it clearer for you. :smile:

Thanks, I appreciate it- I assumed the difference was due to the time/placement. Just trying to make a correlation. I apologize for not being more specific and putting you thru paces.

jac

JAC, would you please post your birth data and the date of transit you are interested in. I think I can SHOW you rather than tell you how it works. Please advise us if you are male or female and if the question has anything to do with relationship, please let us know if you are IN one.
LIN

Lin, my chart is the interior, the outer are the respective dates, 1st is Apr 8 this yr, 2nd is 2020. Thee aren't about my relationship (I have a good one), but in re: to home & biz issues. Thank you for your interest!

Last edited:

waybread

jac, what's happened is that your chart software is basically giving you a bi-wheel. Either you gave it a time for the transits of interest, or it concocted a default time, and input the ascendant, midheaven, and house cusps along with the planets.

If you're essentially interested in transits, maybe there's a way to shut off the outer wheel.

Otherwise, you might just use the natal chart plus transits feature on the free charts pages at Astrodienst www.astro.com . You'll see your chart with the transiting planets arrayed around the outside, but without extra house cusps. It's your natal house cusps that are of interest.

Of all of the chart styles I have seen, their "default" charts are by far the easiest to read.

Lin

I'm sorry, I'd like to help you but using forms of charts that are totally different from the ones I'm comfortable with uses too much of my time.
If you would sincerely like help on this question, Please post your birth chart separately using the chart forms on Astro.com as is suggested on this forum.

And give the dates you are concerned about.

These are anonymous forums. No one knows your name. And we have no idea if you live in the city of your birth, if that is why you are secretive about your birth data.
LIN

Osamenor

Staff member
These are anonymous forums. No one knows your name. And we have no idea if you live in the city of your birth, if that is why you are secretive about your birth data.
LIN

But posting birth data, even without a name, could facilitate identity theft. It's not as easy as if you did include your real name, but it is possible for would-be identity thieves to search birth records for the city/county you were born in and find yours based on your birthdate. Even if there were multiple people born the same day in the same city (which is likely if you were born in a big city, but not so much if you were born in a small town), the identity thief could figure out which one's you based on the birth time. Sharing your birth data could also interfere with your privacy in a more personal way: it would make you recognizable to family members who know exactly when and where you were born. And, if you were born in a small community, it might also make you recognizable to anyone you grew up with: they'd know who was born on that date in that place. People have good reason for choosing not to share their birth data even if they no longer live where they were born.

If someone has chosen not to share their birth data, please respect that choice, and don't pressure them to share it.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

But posting birth data, even without a name, could facilitate identity theft………………….. etc.

Sorry, but isn't such an explanation bordering on paranoia?

If posters did not provide their birth data there would be no astrology forums or, if so, what would be their worth? An astrologer can't be expected to work from nothing and visualise everything.
How can the astrologer otherwise know which country/continent/culture is influential for the poster?
I doubt if any astrology enthusiast would bother to look at printed astro. data and be expected to work out a chart from it, let alone answer the question asked.

If someone has chosen not to share their birth data, please respect that choice,
So the ease for the poster is more important than the ease for the astrologer?
Are astrologers wrong in asking for data to work with and a readable chart, in order to make the help they provide easier to obtain?

Many posters may not even know that astro. com exists and show charts from other just as popular sites. No problem there. Just focus the eyes differently to read them.
I must admit that I don't personally like charts with no degrees provided. Is or isn't there an aspect?

jac

I sincerely apologize for creating a headache- I just wondered if anyone had insight on comparing the outer chart of the intended bi-wheel with the inner chart.

Since no analysis, but some guideline for comparison was what I'd hope for, I just posted the charts.

Thank you for you attention & feedback.

Osamenor

Staff member
Sorry, but isn't such an explanation bordering on paranoia?
Some people do feel that strongly about their online privacy. Even if you feel that's too strong, I'm asking you (collective you, everybody - not just you personally) to respect it.

If posters did not provide their birth data there would be no astrology forums or, if so, what would be their worth? An astrologer can't be expected to work from nothing and visualise everything.
Posters are expected to provide their birth charts. If you have the chart, you can work from it without knowing the original birth data. The only time an astrologer really needs to be provided with the client's birth data is when they're casting the chart for the client. If you already have the chart, that's enough, and if you feel you need to know more about the poster - like where they were born - you can ask them. As long as you respect their right to not post that information in a public forum.

How can the astrologer otherwise know which country/continent/culture is influential for the poster?
Ask. See above.

I also recommend asking in a way that makes it clear why you're asking (not just, "Where were you born?" but something like, "Depending on where in the world you are, I might see it this way or that way, do you mind sharing where you're from?")

I doubt if any astrology enthusiast would bother to look at printed astro. data and be expected to work out a chart from it, let alone answer the question asked.
No one's asking you to work out a chart. See above: posters are expected to provide their own.

So the ease for the poster is more important than the ease for the astrologer?
Are astrologers wrong in asking for data to work with and a readable chart, in order to make the help they provide easier to obtain?

Asking for a readable chart is not the same thing as asking for birth data. It's fine to tell posters, "I find that kind of chart hard to read. Could you please post one from astro.com?" (or whatever site you feel would provide the most readable chart).

And let this be the end of the off topic discussion. I'm posting a response because valid questions were raised (admittedly a delayed one: I didn't have the online time to address it when it was first posted). But going further would detract from the topic of this thread. If anyone has any further questions about my direction to not ask for birth data, please take it to the Help With Forums and Suggestions section.

Back on topic,
Osamenor