Strong Aries placements that get stifled (my observation)

TaoAgent22

So I've come to feel like... beyond any doubt I can see how it plays out where Aries can get pretty badly maladaptive if it is not given decent control, second guessed, etc, on a consistent basis.

I can see out of myself, that when I know the best way to do something and ppl don't have any ideas themselves yet decide to try to slow you down anyways, I get very "GTFO of my way, please, thank you" and get really laser-minded about something, and just want control, for god's sake control. That's the state I can get really caught up in when I'm trying to do the right thing, and the vanilla ppl I feel "stuck" or "chained" to (like parents and teachers in my youth; machiavellian and undermining friends in young adulthood; petty fools at work, etc) try to shut you down.

I totally have come to realize that it's all because I was conditioned to be a "good team player" and to "never talk back" something close to relentlessly when I was growing up, even though I am an Aries Rising, and actually am/was supposed to blaze my own path and stop giving flying fux about ppl's inability to keep up. It's led to being a medium-young adult now with a reaaallllly short tolerance for when the "back of the class" idiots in my environment decide to slow down my or my allies' rhythm. There's a Stephen King quote from the Gunslinger that explains my feeling on it: "...worry spread, like a disease." I have an acute sense and intolerance for that kind of thing, the way totally balls/ovary-less ppl sometimes try to trick you into being a wuss so that, I dunno, they don't have to feel like it's only them being a wuss actually. And I finally figured out why (my Aries nature/behavior was always being "trimmed" by the idiots with control). Succumbing to this can really mess an Aries up and reduce their confidence and otherwise natural leading ability and potential. I'm always "mopping up" after these maladaptations, over-explaining myself, second-guessing my instincts, etc. I'm pretty resentful about it.

Just wanted to share that pocket grenade of self-realization about Aries in a place where someone may relate, even save someone some trouble in a way. If you have a big identity as an Aries, I'd say you've got no choice but to learn to like ignoring idiots. Even if that's, like, the only company you have growing up! I know if I had an Aries or Aries Rising or Aries Moon or Aries MC or similar kid, I would absolutely let them have their way when their intentions are good, as much as is lovingly possible. Conditioning that out of them is cruel and leads to headcases like yours truly

I would say that unless an Aries-identified person has some kind of malevolant energy about them, let them the hell go off on their own thing! They'll be fine. They either know what they're doing, or soon will.

Thanx for reading!

-Your friendly neighborhood Aries Asc

Last edited:

balooga

So I've come to feel like... beyond any doubt I can see how it plays out where Aries can get pretty badly maladaptive if it is not given decent control, second guessed, etc, on a consistent basis.

I can see out of myself, that when I know the best way to do something and ppl don't have any ideas themselves yet decide to try to slow you down anyways, I get very "GTFO of my way, please, thank you" and get really laser-minded about something, and just want control, for god's sake control. That's the state I can get really caught up in when I'm trying to do the right thing, and the vanilla ppl I feel "stuck" or "chained" to (like parents and teachers in my youth; machiavellian and undermining friends in young adulthood; petty fools at work, etc) try to shut you down.

I totally have come to realize that it's all because I was conditioned to be a "good team player" and to "never talk back" something close to relentlessly when I was growing up, even though I am an Aries Rising, and actually am/was supposed to blaze my own path and stop giving flying fux about ppl's inability to keep up. It's led to being a medium-young adult now with a reaaallllly short tolerance for when the "back of the class" idiots in my environment decide to slow down my or my allies' rhythm. There's a Stephen King quote from the Gunslinger that explains my feeling on it: "...worry spread, like a disease." I have an acute sense and intolerance for that kind of thing, the way totally balls/ovary-less ppl sometimes try to trick you into being a wuss so that, I dunno, they don't have to feel like it's only them being a wuss actually. And I finally figured out why (my Aries nature/behavior was always being "trimmed" by the idiots with control). Succumbing to this can really mess an Aries up and reduce their confidence and otherwise natural leading ability and potential. I'm always "mopping up" after these maladaptations, over-explaining myself, second-guessing my instincts, etc. I'm pretty resentful about it.

Just wanted to share that pocket grenade of self-realization about Aries in a place where someone may relate, even save someone some trouble in a way. If you have a big identity as an Aries, I'd say you've got no choice but to learn to like ignoring idiots. Even if that's, like, the only company you have growing up! I know if I had an Aries or Aries Rising or Aries Moon or Aries MC or similar kid, I would absolutely let them have their way when their intentions are good, as much as is lovingly possible. Conditioning that out of them is cruel and leads to headcases like yours truly

I would say that unless an Aries-identified person has some kind of malevolant energy about them, let them the hell go off on their own thing! They'll be fine. They either know what they're doing, or soon will.

Thanx for reading!

-Your friendly neighborhood Aries Asc

Lol I can relate to a lot of this, being an Aries moon. The only thing about my moon is that it's in the 6th house, so it's almost as if when my emotions are triggered, the very sensible virgo energy steps up and says "whoa, wait and think this through first", so literally I NEVER react without walking away and thinking first. I might be hot on the inside, but I know the anger will be gone soon, and so I give myself time before I let it out. Unless I'm pushed past my breaking point, and then I'll cut someone with my words, which I hate doing. My moon also makes a nice grand trine to venus and neptune, which tends to just make me want to love everyone, at the very least see the best in them. I do have an opposition to pluto and my ascendant that I have to watch out for. I get irritable really easily when I'm forced to interact with the public and I'm not in the mood. I have a superiority complex and feel like I shouldn't have to do anything I don't want to (but then I'm also a Leo sun).

I do honestly think it depends on the aspects from your aries placement and also the transits that are happening at that moment.

demetraceres

This is the post that made me smile. :smile:

Aries is a pioneer, not a herd type, people may have troubles accepting that. Many times also people interested in astrology portray aries energy in a very negative, stereotypical way, not understanding its positive part.

I can share the experience of being suffocated, because of my nature, yes.

TaoAgent22

I'm glad you're happy to hear this, that my idea got through okay. B/c on reading this several days later, I can tell I was a bit aggravated about it and it probably was even "hotter" than it needed to be. The tone of that was straight from a moment of that suffocation!
I really really really like my Aries energy. Almost all my major activity is above the horizon, except for my Aries Asc (and N. Node Cancer). So I see this as kind of the only clear line I have to a grounded, "normal" personality trait. If I'm getting way too Aquarian sky-minded, or whatever, I'll think something like "when's my Aries action urge coming back?" And when it does, i feel swooped up.
Problem is, not everyone likes me as much when that happens. That would be totally fine if I had made it more a lifelong mission to plant my stakes in this nature and learn to brush off any of my peers' frustration about it, but I didn't. Not well enough anyway. The sense is that I don't have control over my life.

Balooga, I'm impressed! I have feelings of superiority too. Luckily I (think I) can silence my ego almost on command, especially as I develop my spirit (it's just not a big deal to watch your ego get it's butt kicked, usually); but those times when I feel like it's right to put my ego on deck, I just can't honestly temper that same feeling. If you're better at thing X, why don't people just let you handle it and gtfo? Everyone wants to trifle, and then gaslight and control the Aries type when they try to cut through it. It's like.... everyone must trifle, no going being all capable and competent, now! I agree that people feeling sure of themselves should definitely not be pressured to do things we don't feel like. No one wins.

Sonds glib, people might say, but.... how many of the world's problems would go away if ppl literally just stopped doing ____? I feel like my Aries attitude, when from a good stable place, knows better than anyone when things should not be done regardless of how many feathers get ruffled. I'm talking about like.... not speeding up to a red light; that can really drive people nuts, and I'm just like.... dude, I'm the impatient Aries, and even I self-control.

Freedom of choice is sacred! When I didn't defend that truth is when my Aries energy found maladaptation, at some point in my development.

Last edited:

katydid

I am a Scorpio, with no Aries in my chart.

But I am married to an Aries with Mercury /Sun conjunction in Aries,

Our Son is an Aries, he married an Aries himself,

And our daughter has Mars in aries. And her longtime boyfriend is an aries.

Let me summarize. At Thanksgiving, 7 people at table. My husband, son, daughterinlaw, daughter, son in law , ALL ARIES. Me and grand baby, not aries. lol

I am literally surrounded by ARIES energy in our family. :sideways:

I have had to learn how to calmly manage fiery Arian energy and enthusiasm. Usually I let them go wild and do whatever.

BUT SOMETIMES THEY ARE WRONG HEADED---:devil: SOMETIMES they are being impulsive, hasty and need someone to intervene....:innocent:

Having Saturn/Neptune in Libra, opposing their Aries Suns, I am the one that can corral their fiery energy long enough to sort things out. :whistling:

Last edited:

TaoAgent22

Wow! That Thanksgiving sounds like a good time to get a round table.

Now you've got me thinking.... is my Scorpio Saturn/Moon in 7th the reason for my "thwarted Aries" feeling?

I wonder about Aries, Mars, and Scorpio... I have a chart ruled by Mars of course, but also... my planets are in a broadish bucket pattern with a Mars in 12th, Pluto (Retro) at 6th/7th cusp on the furthest end; everything is "surrounded" by the Scorpio rulers. And of course the Aries Asc. So I think about my Mars and how it's kind of like.... my chart is ruled by "Scorpio" in that way, with the Scorpio planets surrounding the entire thing. It's just a hairbrained idea I made up, but it is a bit remarkable to see how my Martian energy kind of "points" to Scorpio.

Seems like my Mars has some flexibility in these ways....come to think of it in this way, I can see how I would take my "action urge" and cope with being denied my Aries spitfire tendencies and got really into morbid occult esoteric things in varying ways. Hrm... My Mars is a slut.

Last edited:

katydid

Wow! That Thanksgiving sounds like a good time to get a round table.

Now you've got me thinking.... is my Scorpio Saturn/Moon in 7th the reason for my "thwarted Aries" feeling?

I wonder about Aries, Mars, and Scorpio... I have a chart ruled by Mars of course, but also... my planets are in a broadish bucket pattern with a Mars in 12th, Pluto (Retro) at 6th/7th cusp on the furthest end; everything is "surrounded" by the Scorpio rulers. And of course the Aries Asc. So I think about my Mars and how it's kind of like.... my chart is ruled by "Scorpio" in that way, with the Scorpio planets surrounding the entire thing. It's just a hairbrained idea I made up, but it is a bit remarkable to see how my Martian energy kind of "points" to Scorpio.

Seems like my Mars has some flexibility in these ways....come to think of it in this way, I can see how I would take my "action urge" and cope with being denied my Aries spitfire tendencies and got really into morbid occult esoteric things in varying ways. Hrm... My Mars is a slut.

YES. there is a deep connection between Aries and Scorpio, even though they are inconjunct, because of the shared ruer, Mars.

My husband, although an Aries, has his Mars in Scorpio. And it conjuncts my Mercury. So even though he has a lot of unbridled fiery energy much of the time, he does have that scorpio energy to help modify it.

I think that a nice mix between Aries and Scorpio is a very powerful thing. Both ruled by Mars and bridging fire and water. Linking the 1st and the 8th in a transformative way.

TaoAgent22

Wow that's really interesting. Now you have me wondering if his/your Pluto aspects anything auspicious. I have more water than fire in my chart, so I am very happy that Scorpio is a water sign that still is ruled by Mars.

I've been thinking about fire in water in a more harmonious way lately... that being, it must be like PLASMA! Ever since thinking this, I've been synchronistically seeing the word "plasma" mentioned often from various 'separate' sources. I'm coming to see it less like a contradiction and more like a unique form of power that goes unlooked. In the electric universe theory, plasma is supreme!

katydid

Wow that's really interesting. Now you have me wondering if his/your Pluto aspects anything auspicious. I have more water than fire in my chart, so I am very happy that Scorpio is a water sign that still is ruled by Mars.

I've been thinking about fire in water in a more harmonious way lately... that being, it must be like PLASMA! Ever since thinking this, I've been synchronistically seeing the word "plasma" mentioned often from various 'separate' sources. I'm coming to see it less like a contradiction and more like a unique form of power that goes unlooked. In the electric universe theory, plasma is supreme!

PLasma, good comparison.

I have always thought of Fire/Water as STEAM:

Definition of steam
1 : the vapor into which water is changed when heated to the boiling point.
2 : steam or the heat or power produced by it when kept under pressure <Some houses are heated by steam.>
3 : the mist formed when water vapor cools.

a. Pressurized water vapor used for heating, cooking, or to provide mechanical power. b. The power produced by a machine using pressurized water vapor:
an engine at full steam.

Interesting that you asked about our Plutos. We both have Pluto in Leo. Another fire/water connection there.

Abby83

It would be nice to see the chart because a lot of what you are describing sounds like control issues which is related to scorpio. I think you said something about mars in 12th? That would be difficult for assertion. But control issues are not so much about aries. Sounds like you need to let go of ppl who don't want to follow your lead and make sure it doesn't aggravate you.

TaoAgent22

This is definitely true. The thing is though, I would say I absolutely made my needs clear even just as a kid. So I wouldn't say I just passively got walked over; I made a stand, then got walked on. :/

Chart action:

I have this feeling that b/c my chart is "ruled by Scorpio" (so it seems to me), any Mars exertion exacerbates my Scorpio tendencies but also exacerbates my Neptune (b/c of the Pisces placement) which is at an extreme degree and semi-squares my Sun. I definitely succumb to laze when these control issues are in my face as it feels lately. I really like my Mars where it is, now that I'm occult-savvy. Growing up it definitely did suck. My Aries Asc does me favors by at least letting me play the part of a more typically hot-blooded male, which I can do for a period, like a diver in a scuba tank. But in my element, I don't like having to prove sh!t which our cult(ure) really does seem to constantly demand from ppl.

I get what you're saying about Aries, but regardless of the control thing... there is defeinitely something I accutely feel about its "forge a path" sort of ambition that, when squelched, is at least a sort of major ingredient in anything I am saying about lack of control. Whatever the reasons for it, the feeling I have in the end is.... I (endlessly) hate seeing ppl with weak spines and weaker hearts having control. They only cling tighter to it with time. Just the thought of it makes me shudder. I often dreamed about what kind of a person would be able to sort of "anti-dominate" or like, neutralize control. Take control, and then dismantle it so NO ONE can have it. That's the way I kind of take my otherwise total "control issues" and try to put right intention on it. Sovereignty has become a hot topic in my innerverse lately.

Pretty hot stuff, about the steam btw. I like that idea. Surprised I didn't think of it b/c when I think of chakras and how it goes Solar (fire) to Heart (air) I use that analogy exactly. TY for bridging that for me! I seem to have needed to hear that out loud.

Attachments

• Astro Natal Chart - me.gif
    Astro Natal Chart - me.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Abby83

This is definitely true. The thing is though, I would say I absolutely made my needs clear even just as a kid. So I wouldn't say I just passively got walked over; I made a stand, then got walked on. :/

Chart action:

I have this feeling that b/c my chart is "ruled by Scorpio" (so it seems to me), any Mars exertion exacerbates my Scorpio tendencies but also exacerbates my Neptune (b/c of the Pisces placement) which is at an extreme degree and semi-squares my Sun. I definitely succumb to laze when these control issues are in my face as it feels lately. I really like my Mars where it is, now that I'm occult-savvy. Growing up it definitely did suck. My Aries Asc does me favors by at least letting me play the part of a more typically hot-blooded male, which I can do for a period, like a diver in a scuba tank. But in my element, I don't like having to prove sh!t which our cult(ure) really does seem to constantly demand from ppl.

I get what you're saying about Aries, but regardless of the control thing... there is defeinitely something I accutely feel about its "forge a path" sort of ambition that, when squelched, is at least a sort of major ingredient in anything I am saying about lack of control. Whatever the reasons for it, the feeling I have in the end is.... I (endlessly) hate seeing ppl with weak spines and weaker hearts having control. They only cling tighter to it with time. Just the thought of it makes me shudder. I often dreamed about what kind of a person would be able to sort of "anti-dominate" or like, neutralize control. Take control, and then dismantle it so NO ONE can have it. That's the way I kind of take my otherwise total "control issues" and try to put right intention on it. Sovereignty has become a hot topic in my innerverse lately.

Pretty hot stuff, about the steam btw. I like that idea. Surprised I didn't think of it b/c when I think of chakras and how it goes Solar (fire) to Heart (air) I use that analogy exactly. TY for bridging that for me! I seem to have needed to hear that out loud.

I feel exactly what you are saying. My south node is in 1st house and my asc is scorpio and I absolutely despise ppl who want to be in control/charge, yet don't know anything about it!! It's the most frustrating thing. My mother in law is one of those yet after all these yrs I cant change her. I had to come up with very clever strategies to push her in the background as I took over. Of course things have improved once I took over hahaha.

In your chart you are mars in 12th, so it's a little difficult to assert yourself. Your friends shake you up a bit but your north node is in cancer, which is a lot softer than aries, scorpio, or Capricorn. In my opinion you need to ease up a bit and find more peaceful/calm/passive ways to overcome control issues and leadership issues.

Last edited:

TaoAgent22

I like to find outlets for my Cancer destiny. To be nurturing and "motherly". I had these house plants and left them out when it froze. I felt terrible about it and wanted to cry. Hm I can remember as a kid, I captured some moths and named them and they died within a day and I just fell apart. I know I'm a gentle soul. I don't have anything to really take care of, and I definitely act like I don't these days. Used to have someone to take care of but I let them down really bad. Whatever is in store for me as far as my Cancer future goes, it's going to permanently knock my socks off. But I need some things that my Cancer is not likely to get or change. I'm almost burnt out for life on Capricorn trying to kick butt constantly. I wish you could ask your chart questions.

I'm glad you found methods to deal with your faux-control mother-in-law. I have found a very machiavellian form of myself somewhere deep in there, but I don't like to go far down that route. I feel like the dark side of Aquarius is full on sociopath.

I still stick to my original feeling at the start of this thread: none of this **** would be an issue if I had just been in touch with my nature. Trying to make up for things when you're older is something like a nightmare imo.

AtomsInPlace

Yeah I can totally relate,

Aries moon in 8th house here, so I'll get an impulsive instinct, whether it is action based or a revelation of some kind, and then I need to do something about it NOW and get very frustrated if I feel stifled...And then after the fact I will worry myself sick about whether I did the right thing or not (Virgo Asc, Sun, Mercury, Saturn and NN) Hahaha.

:whistling: