Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

piscesascendant

I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I adore Capricorn Moons... I keep marrying them :whistling: May be that it is since I am a Cappy myself and my Saturn in rulership. We goats aren't comfortable with slopping over emotions, and are known for eating and digesting everything like a rusty old tin can.

Thinking it is just a personal preference,

TK

goat.jpg

piscesascendant

I adore Capricorn Moons... I keep marrying them :whistling: May be that it is since I am a Cappy myself and my Saturn in rulership. We goats aren't comfortable with slopping over emotions, and are known for eating and digesting everything like a rusty old tin can.

Thinking it is just a personal preference,

TK

goat.jpg

Right. As I said, it could be my personal "distaste." No hate, just "distaste." And I don't care for inordinate amounts of emotions (Aquarius sun, moon, and mercury), but as I've said, of the Cap moons I've come across, I sense very little emotion. Frankly, I have to leave the presence of one before too long or else I feel emotionally dehydrated, and I only wish I was kidding.

Thanks for responding, though.

MaeMae

Banned
Cap moon is in detriment. this means he can't get a break. everyine finds fault in him. yet everyone relies on him. he just likes to remind people that they need him by making them look inadequate because he knows they are ~ in his paradigm.
when they fullfill his german grandmother mantra "feelings have nothing to do with life" ~ he eases up. only because he knows life will control his feelings otherwise. prove yourself capable, reliable, helpful or pathetic (or any combination thereof) and they will be your staunchest ally. They just can't handle the wrecklessness of fly~by~the~seat~of~your~pants'ers. It's too scary. Their worst fear.
Don't try to prove cap moon's wrong ~ prove them right by showing restraint, dignity and responsibility. Don't make messes for them without warning them in advance and realize they see your potential - saturn ruler of moon - in ways you never will.
you gotta give props to the wise ones who taught you and honor them with discretion and reserve. not much different from leo moon except for needs of display and pettiness.
caveat ~ i have sat/jup in cap. some moon caps adore me, others fear me. but i adore them all the same.

piscesascendant

Cap moon is in detriment. this means he can't get a break. everyine finds fault in him. yet everyone relies on him. he just likes to remind people that they need him by making them look inadequate because he knows they are ~ in his paradigm.
when they fullfill his german grandmother mantra "feelings have nothing to do with life" ~ he eases up. only because he knows life will control his feelings otherwise. prove yourself capable, reliable, helpful or pathetic (or any combination thereof) and they will be your staunchest ally. They just can't handle the wrecklessness of fly~by~the~seat~of~your~pants'ers. It's too scary. Their worst fear.
Don't try to prove cap moon's wrong ~ prove them right by showing restraint, dignity and responsibility. Don't make messes for them without warning them in advance and realize they see your potential - saturn ruler of moon - in ways you never will.
you gotta give props to the wise ones who taught you and honor them with discretion and reserve. not much different from leo moon except for needs of display and pettiness.
caveat ~ i have sat/jup in cap. some moon caps adore me, others fear me. but i adore them all the same.

I'm not sure I have it in mind to "appease" Cap moons. I have Mars in Cap and have never felt the need to do so. Never been afraid of them, either; annoyed occasionally by them, if anything, but nothing major.

But your points are noted. Thanks.

MaeMae

Banned
I'm not sure I have it in mind to "appease" Cap moons. I have Mars in Cap and have never felt the need to do so. Never been afraid of them, either; annoyed occasionally by them, if anything, but nothing major.

But your points are noted. Thanks.

uhh, mars moon conj. and you grrrrrr but have no problem with them?
okay.

peace

Wow this is crazy I was just talking about moon in capricorn on another thread.

My husbands moon is in capricorn... I like that he doesn't concentrate on emotions and instead concentrates on the present. But man, get him on some drums, singing or a guitar and it's magical ;)

piscesascendant

uhh, mars moon conj. and you grrrrrr but have no problem with them?
okay.

Yes, it is possible to experience both feelings, MaeMae.....Grrrr in the moment and "no problem" in the aftermath. Just because I have Mars in Cap doesn't mean it's in conjunction, though.... depends on degree. Some Cap moons might have too wide an orb.

peace

What I meant on that thought is he doesn't get caught up thinking about how he feels if there was an adverse outcome, he just focuses on the next step to getting the job done.

divine g

Banned
Shouldn't generalize about all Cap Moons here, as they could have any one of 12 Sun signs which would more or less trump their cap moons "daytime" personality..Moon rules the private self, and if a Cap Moon is showing their emotionless side, u better believe it's for a reason.

Saturn rules time limits, including death, so at any given moment, a Cap Moon could be dealing with some very heavy issues, which would make most ppl snap, break out in tears, or hide under the covers. This is that mountain of strength you would end up praising if you were ever in a crisis situation, as they would be able to contain their emotions, and focus on the task at hand.

Understand they can rub you the wrong way bc of your Aquarian nature, esp with "Aquarius sun, moon, and mercury". You are the archetypal wild child and rule-breaker, and Cappy is the stern parent and rule-maker whose responsibility it is to keep you in check. It's those fundamentally anti-thetical energies that you are sensitive to. But I think if you meet an Aqua Sun with Cap moon, you may sing a different tune! Im a Gemini, Cap moon, and when there's nothing serious to think about, Im just a big loveable kid:) But when I have adult things to do, bills to pay, deadlines to meet, career stuff, reputation stuff, legal stuff, and all the things that suck in life, like anyone, u gotta get serious and do what needs to be done before you can get back to having fun again.

May I suggest you try and make a Cap Moon laugh? You may find they may have a wicked sense of humor akin to yours, and you may be able to tolerate them a bit more. Also what are the ages, and genders of the Cap moons you know? That may have something to do with it..Are they rich, snobby types? Bc things like that can make all the difference..Even nationality can factor in..

BTW, with Pluto transiting the first decan of Capricorn the past few years, maybe you're reacting to that Plutonian energy? Bc it's Pluto that's mostly known for such visceral reactions against its energy..you either love Pluto or hate him. I would tend to think with Saturn, there is more of a pity than hatred..or Saturn could be so down and depressed, you may not even notice him..

Last edited:

piscesascendant

What I meant on that thought is he doesn't get caught up thinking about how he feels if there was an adverse outcome, he just focuses on the next step to getting the job done.

Most Cap moon people I know focus at the expense of others' feelings. They tend to steamroll others. Not to speak ill of your husband.

piscesascendant

Shouldn't generalize about all Cap Moons here, as they could have any one of 12 Sun signs which would more or less trump their cap moons "daytime" personality..Moon rules the private self, and if a Cap Moon is showing their emotionless side, u better believe it's for a reason.

Saturn rules time limits, including death, so at any given moment, a Cap Moon could be dealing with some very heavy issues, which would make most ppl snap, break out in tears, or hide under the covers. This is that mountain of strength you would end up praising if you were ever in a crisis situation, as they would be able to contain their emotions, and focus on the task at hand.

Understand they can rub you the wrong way bc of your Aquarian nature, esp with "Aquarius sun, moon, and mercury". You are the archetypal wild child and rule-breaker, and Cappy is the stern parent and rule-maker whose responsibility it is to keep you in check. It's those fundamentally anti-thetical energies that you are sensitive to. But I think if you meet an Aqua Sun with Cap moon, you may sing a different tune! Im a Gemini, Cap moon, and when there's nothing serious to think about, Im just a big loveable kid:) But when I have adult things to do, bills to pay, deadlines to meet, career stuff, reputation stuff, legal stuff, and all the things that suck in life, like anyone, u gotta get serious and do what needs to be done before you can get back to having fun again.

May I suggest you try and make a Cap Moon laugh? You may find they may have a wicked sense of humor akin to yours, and you may be able to tolerate them a bit more. Also what are the ages, and genders of the Cap moons you know? That may have something to do with it..Are they rich, snobby types? Bc things like that can make all the difference..Even nationality can factor in..

Thanks for the response, but you seem to have just written in the same generalizations you warned against at the beginning. I was speaking of the Cap moon people I've known so far, not about all, so I wasn't generalizing. I've made Cap moon people I know laugh, as you suggested, but I haven't found them to have a "wicked sense of humor." The one guy I know who I made laugh regularly had an Aquarius Mercury, so we were on the same wavelength. I wasn't focusing on their list of adult behaviors (bills, etc.), but on their apparent dry well of emotion. No offense, actually, but it does seem dry to me.

Thanks just the same.

Gemini Rising

Hey,

I'm a Capricorn Moon, but I am not like that! :biggrin:
My feeling always run deep but others don't see that. They think I am cold and distant :crying: It's just that Cap Moons are usually emotionally complicated and feel better by hiding the way they feel.

MaeMae

Banned
maybe you were just venting pisces rising? ~ mars transiting near or in your 7th.
nonetheless, when moon is in capricorn, we must understand moon (emotional needs) and saturn (containment, lessons, sustainable progress)
a placement does stand alone ~ just as a mushroom on a slice of pizza does. Recognizable, known also by it's taste.
Even if olive or onion or tomato is mixed in on slice, you still know a mushroom.

LeoCassandra

Yes, Cap moon is Reserved, Grasping, Stable, Self-conscious, Cold at first galnce and second:p Im proud owner of one:) but it helps me a lot. If i were any other moon sign i would have gone mental long time ago ( natal sun opposite saturn, moon conjunct neptune and uranus) Emotionless? No. Coldish..? mostly yes:whistling:

divine g

Banned
You know what, there's nothing wrong with Cap Moons, @piscesascendant, the problem is with you. Maybe you're just a stubborn, opinionated amateur who wants to argue just for the sake of arguing to seem different and **** ppl off, that's all.

DG

Last edited:

serafin5

Just my 2 cents:

My mom had her moon in Capricorn and in her case it may have been grounding for her; she was a Sun and Asc Libra and had Mercury and Mars both in Scorpio, in her first house and she was a very emotional woman! God love her, she had her problems too and she was sooooo intelligent; I was most proud of that. She was a loving and lovable woman but sometimes she'd get in one of her moods and look out! And there were times when she would come right out of left field and say the meanest things; things me as her daughter or human being for that matter would never occur to me to say let alone think. Sometimes I despaired that she never really knew me and never did finally.:sad:

I've had other significant relationships with people with this Moon sign and as much as I loved them their coldness knew no bounds. However, I do not believe that all people with their Moon in Capricorn are emotionally cold; I'm just relaying my experiences.:joyful:

Good thread!
Serafin5

piscesascendant

Hey,

I'm a Capricorn Moon, but I am not like that! :biggrin:
My feeling always run deep but others don't see that. They think I am cold and distant :crying: It's just that Cap Moons are usually emotionally complicated and feel better by hiding the way they feel.

Fair enough, Gemini Rising. The Cap moons I've known weren't antagonistic, and perhaps simply buried their emotions, lest they get the better of them in a situation. "Emotionally complicated and feel better by hiding [them]...." okay, I can see that, too. Great explanation. Thanks!